Kesh?

They wrongly criticise us, anyone who studies science knows what the basic purpose of pubic hair is. There is nothing unhygenic about it, as long as you shower daily like we are told to do. Muslims defy science and call anything their prophet said is unhygenic unhygenic, even when science or common sense says its fine... yet they have no problem with cousin marriage lol.

Why one earth would you question and try to fit sikhi based on acceptability to other faiths? who gives a tutti if the muslamans criticise it? Its not like they have the truth.

Edited by Silence

They believe that hair of any kind is unhygienic and should be removed from the body.

Yet they are permitted even obligated to wear a beard!?

If anything the beard should be the most unhygienic of bodily hair. What with daily pollutants,food etc getting stuck there.

And they call Islam scientific and logical!

Oh well, the Bedouins must have had their reasons.

Like Silence said, who cares what Muslims think of us?

Islam do not see any kind of hair as unhygienic. Islam has different rules about what hair should be removed and what shouldn't be. For an example, women should remove the hair between their eyebrows if there isn't a space between them and if they look like men for having a McD eyebrow (that's what my Muslim friend told me regarding the McD eyebrow) yet they aren't allowed to pluck their eyebrows.

It's recommended for men to keep a beard but not a moustache.

Sarbatdapala, why would you cut your hair when you die/you are dead? I mean if you are already dead, who cares what you look like?

If it's a hormone issue a woman should get medical treatment or ask Panj Pyare what to do, but that doesn't mean it's right to remove the hair.

RE body hair, i think this comes from a lack of water in the deserts, so to keep "cleaner" with inadequate water supplies, hair was removed. i dont think that the desert arabs washed every day, so to keep themselves from smelling, it was easier to get rid. Concerning pubic hair, i think there is an element of sexual pleasure invloved. i remember reading that he holy prophet had asked the women beleivers to prepare themselves for their husbands by "keeping their hair brushed and tidy, and by removing their pubic hair..."

RE body hair, i think this comes from a lack of water in the deserts, so to keep "cleaner" with inadequate water supplies, hair was removed. i dont think that the desert arabs washed every day, so to keep themselves from smelling, it was easier to get rid.

Lack of water seems to be an issue but I thought they were supposed to wash themselves before prayer at every opportunity? Wuzu I think it's called.

Kesh means all the hair on the body, not just hair on the head. Keeping of kesh is clearly incorporated into Guru Granth Sahib ji through the unequivocal inclusion of rahit in the following tuk:

ਕਹਤ ਮੁਕਤ ਸੁਨਤ ਮੁਕਤ ਰਹਤ ਜਨਮ ਰਹਤੇ ॥

Those who speak are liberated, and those who listen are liberated; those who keep the Rehit, the Code of Conduct, are not reincarnated again.

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=KeertanPage&K=1230&L=6&id=52907

The issue is more so for pubic hair alot of people shave pubic hair more so gentail region as this is exposed to urine and so forth to bodily fluids some even say sciencetific research proves cutting pubic hair is hygeince as muslims do every 40 days.

Scientific research proves that taking ishnaan every day is more hygienic than trimming your short and curlies every 40 days instead.

K.

Ang 344, Line 6

ਰੋਮ ਰੋਮ ਮਹਿ ਬਸਹਿ ਮੁਰਾਰਿ ॥

रोम रोम महि बसहि मुरारि ॥

Rom rom mėh basėh murār.

and on each and every hair, the Lord abides.

Devotee Kabir - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

Ang 443, Line 7

ਰੋਮੇ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮਿ ਰੋਮੇ ਮੈ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਰਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ ਰਾਮ ॥

रोमे रोमि रोमि रोमे मै गुरमुखि रामु धिआए राम ॥

Rome rom rom rome mai gurmukẖ rām ḏẖi▫ā▫e rām.

With each and every hair, with each and every hair, as Gurmukh, I meditate on the Lord.

Guru Ram Das - view Shabad/Paurhi/Salok

Rom as well as kesh are to be kept uncut.

I found an interesting post on gurmatbibek forum:

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,8550,8550#msg-8550

"Preetam Singh

Re: Fateh

October 28, 2010 09:13AM

I remember one time hearing a conversation between two gursikhs in the jorha ghar of the gurdwara sahib. The gursikhs met each other and both said full fateh and then hugged. After the hug, one of the gursikhs said, " People say that when we say fateh each gursikh gets to say and hear vaheguru 4 times, but they don't realize that when we hug, we hear vaheguru rom rom countless times."

May guru sahib bless us with such prem filled greetings."

Edited by Silence