What Is Chandi Di Vaar About?

VJKK VJKFji

What is chandi di vaar about? Is it truely written by Guru Gobind Singh? There are hindus who say guru gobind singh ji did havan and chandi pooja and that vaar was that? Does this have some war significance?

Further what/who is chandi? What/who is Durga?

Is this shakti(ta) what does that mean male or female forms of God?

And the signifcance of chandi to the nihangs there is some references to chand like in adh chand they wear, other aspects of the bana they relate to that aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kamalsingh00

Edited by sarbatdapala

Guest zulu

After the creation of the Khalsa, Guru Gobind Singhji did a havan.....

singhs before major battle's did havans....

I think on manglacharan there was a few lines regarding havans or something, I am really busy at the moment so dont have time to find it.

maybe you can try lookign through the site and try to find the relevant bit's

http://www.manglacharan.com/

• 2 weeks later...

After the creation of the Khalsa, Guru Gobind Singhji did a havan.....

singhs before major battle's did havans....

I think on manglacharan there was a few lines regarding havans or something, I am really busy at the moment so dont have time to find it.

maybe you can try lookign through the site and try to find the relevant bit's

http://www.manglacharan.com/

What is a "havan"? Why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji do this? What is the revelance of doing this?

Thanks

....yet muslims worship one of the biggest idols ever built.... the kabba.

Good point. In a way, it is idol worshiping. They may not like to admit it, but how is it any different from what hindus do in front of their moortis?

Edited by Mithar

Could somebody answer my questions (see above).......instead of practising the usual "avoid the question attitude"....(no offense intended) This is mainly for Zulu the Moderator...

Edited by unbreakable

Could somebody answer my questions (see above).......instead of practising the usual "avoid the question attitude"....(no offense intended) This is mainly for Zulu the Moderator...

Haha.....here is a havan taking place to honour shivji/rudra. We just replace the mantras with our those from SGGS and D/G or SL/G.

Haha.....here is a havan taking place to honour shivji/rudra. We just replace the mantras with our those from SGGS and D/G or SL/G.

Well obviously they would do this, the replacement of mantras with your own is a given.

BUT now here is my question, rephrased? What proof is there that Guru Gobind Singh Ji done this?

Apart feom the usual hearsay, rumour, odd book written by a so called figure in history, or even claims by some of these historical traditional Sikh traditions...

What proof is there, by way of admission from the Guru that a Havan was done? or that he used to do a Havan?

As for kabba, it is a temple ( a cube and there are many like it around the world with similar structure) which had idols inside some believe it used to be an ancient shiva temple. The kabba has had people stand on top of it, generally to do that to an idol is disrespect and to worship towards it is for unity of the muslim ummah. However there is something of idolatry done there which is kissing the black stone. There is a black stone attached to the kabbah - which some think is a shivling (shiva lingam) it is on the side of the kabbah and the prophet muhammad kissed it so others do so. As well as stoning a place where the devil came down. There alot of that theory on the internet here is one reference: http://www.gawaher.com/index.php?showtopic=734096.html&

Also even some people claim an inscription inside of the ancient pagan kabbah to this Indian hindu king: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vikram%C4%81ditya

g10havan.jpeg

Namdharis also believe Guru Gobind Singh did havan. I know all of this discussion is out of peoples comfort zones and heretical but it is only a discussion nothing more. There are panthic sakhis which tell us guru sahib taught a lesson to a brahmin and called upon durga as the shastar but not is much said about him actually doing the havan. Havans are associated with vedic agni devta (fire diety) fire element being pure. Why zorostrains do it and zorostrains do not believe in creamation as they feel it is dishonour to the fire and don't do burials as they believe it disrespects earth element both have routes from the vedas.

now in a age where there were no digi cams and camcoders what ever has been documented can be the only proof ..either belive it or leave it

Excellent reply, a good way to get out of a discussion. Next time if you don't know, just say so, admit to the fact that you simply don't know.

I shall wait for a reply from the older members on this forum, if they are still around....