Pc And Two Others Hurt In Sikh Cultural Centre Protest

dalsingh101

Pc and two others hurt in Sikh cultural centre protest

A police officer and two other people suffered head injuries during a protest outside a Sikh community centre.

About 200 people gathered at the Sikh Cultural Centre in Dudley, West Midlands, to demonstrate over allegations that meat and alcohol were being served on the premises.

Violence erupted at about 1245 BST after some of the protestors forced their way into the building.

The three injured people are in a stable condition in hospital.

'Building vandalised'

West Midlands Police have not commented on the nature of the injuries but said some protestors were throwing missiles at officers.

A second police officer received minor dental injuries.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

I would urge those responsible for the violence to hand themselves in to their local police station immediately or face officers arresting them at home in the very near future”

Ch Insp Deb Doyle

West Midlands Police

A 28-year-old man arrested on suspicion of violent disorder was later released on police bail bending further inquiries.

The force said the demonstrators spent about five hours inside the centre, adding that "significant damage" was caused.

Ch Insp Deb Doyle said: "What started as a peaceful protest soon turned to violence when a minority of people started throwing missiles at officers and then forced their way inside the centre.

"Once inside they have vandalised the building and refused to leave until the centre managers agreed to ban the supply of meat and alcohol on the premises.

"I would urge those responsible for the violence to hand themselves in to their local police station immediately or face officers arresting them at home in the very near future."

No alcohol or meat is permitted in property belonging to Sikh places of worship.

CCTV seized

Roads around the centre in Swancote Road were closed to allow emergency services access to the site and the building remains cordoned off while investigations are carried out.

Police said CCTV footage was seized from the site.

West Midlands Ambulance Service said crews were called to the scene shortly after 1300 BST.

A spokeswoman said ambulance staff remained at the centre on stand-by until 1800 BST at the request of police, but there were no more casualties.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-13587198

It's a amusing to read the Daily [Anglo Saxon's] Hate's... sorry ...Daily Mail's take on the matter:

Sikhs lay siege to their OWN community centre after private party sold meat and alcohol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392108/Militant-Sikhs-trash-OWN-community-centre-bid-ban-sale-meat-alcohol-private-party.html

I don't understand one thing about UK media is, they say Sikhs lay siege. But if Muslims do the same thing, then they term it as "Asian"? They should have said "Asians lay siege" if they want to be fair with everyone.

Edited by Mithar

The old currant bun's take on the matter.....

Sikh 'n destroy

Militant mob wreck centre in booze row

By ANDREW PARKER

Published: Today

TWO hundred militant Sikhs trashed one of their community centres - in protest at booze and meat being served there.

The angry mob broke in after pelting cops with bricks and bottles.

They smashed windows, furniture and equipment causing "significant" damage.

Police from across the West Midlands rushed to the Sikh Cultural Centre in Dudley - where three people, one a cop, were hurt in clashes.

The demonstrators were believed to be from the UK Sangat group, which protests at alleged code-breaking temples.

They accused centre bosses of insulting their faith by allowing alcohol and meat at a private party that night.

The five-hour stand-off on Saturday only ended when the chiefs prohibited the meat and drink.

Jasbir Singh, 56, of the nearby Gurdwara Guru Nanak temple condemned the violence.

One man was arrested.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3607664/Militant-Sikh-mob-wreck-Sikh-Cultural-Centre-in-Dudley-in-booze-row.html

Amazing how the foolish actions of a handful of people overshadow the peaceful actions of the vast majority who attended.

With josh, we also need hosh - think clearly.

Also heard that Sikh Channel have handed over footage to the cops, the traitors, or are they?

Also heard that Sikh Channel have handed over footage to the cops, the traitors, or are they?

Given the situation and the fact that they have no loyalty to the Dudley Gurdwara it is a bit despicable of them to 'grass up' in this way - that is if they did.

If the police 'demanded' the footage that is another matter altogether but if they volunteered it, they should be ashamed of themselves.

My 2 rupees worth.

I attended this event, and on arriving there, one of the 1st people i saw was a man in his early 20s with blood pouring out his head. he had been hit by someone from inside the the community centre, and this had made a lot of the younger sikhs there a bit more ready to get physical. However for the majority of time, there was nothing but naam simran.

Personally i think the dudley lot had a plan to get the protestors worked up to commit actions they wouldnt have intended to do as they set off from home. This way, a lot of attention has deflected from the dudley people onto the protestors. If dudley lot still carry on with the party halls, then i dont know what plan b will be.

Plan B could be a longer term one where people start a campaign to persuade the bulk of the Dudley community to not support these actions. Once the majority go this way, then it makes the job easier.

Northerners.....

http://www.itv.com/central-east/dudley-disorder56929/

I attended this event, and on arriving there, one of the 1st people i saw was a man in his early 20s with blood pouring out his head. he had been hit by someone from inside the the community centre, and this had made a lot of the younger sikhs there a bit more ready to get physical. However for the majority of time, there was nothing but naam simran.

Personally i think the dudley lot had a plan to get the protestors worked up to commit actions they wouldnt have intended to do as they set off from home. This way, a lot of attention has deflected from the dudley people onto the protestors. If dudley lot still carry on with the party halls, then i dont know what plan b will be.

eyewitnesses who protested darshan raggi said the same kind of thing happened, with people inside the gurdwaras attacking and provoking the singhs.

Viewing the central news link , its coming across as if the protestors blatently attacked the Gurudwara and that the protestors were not willing to sit down and discuss the resolution with the other party.

Was that the case ?

How come , its always the protestors that get bad name ? I remember the Bezti play at rep theatre in birmigham , with similar outcome .

Why dont the protestors have an interview with the media explaining what issues are ?

Any one else attended the protest , and care to sched any light on what happened ?

If it is the same minority of people stirring up trouble , should the sangat not be made aware ?

The protestors intentions are good , but somehow in the eyes of the media , they are to blame ?

especially in the forth coming events i.e. 5th june , if the turnout is 125,000 what steps are in place to inform the sangat that it MUST be a peacful demonstration so as not to give the Sikhs a bad name , yet again .