Tea And Meditation

5 hours ago, ragnarok said:

There are so many different kinds of tea in Asia, not just the one which the british spread worldwide. So to OP the real question is which tea. Passion flower tea is a mild MAOI and I can see how that would help with meditation.

Which was the tea that was spread by the British worldwide? Lipton? Did the tea which they spread had tobacco in it?

What do you mean by MAOI?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

12 minutes ago, samurai2 said:

Sant Baba Ajit Singh Hansiwale would drink half a cup of tea twice a day at least.

Veer ji they were a puran bramgyani. We are not even sant ji charan di dhoor or soil of their feet.

Who knows maybe Sant Ji had sewadars make special tea rather than the normal type of tea. 

Cos i did hear Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib Wale they would drink green tea.

11 hours ago, paapiman said:

Which was the tea that was spread by the British worldwide? Lipton? Did the tea which they spread had tobacco in it?

What do you mean by MAOI?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Black tea. 

OP said tea which helps with meditation. Normal tea has no effect on me but if you're not used to caffeine I can see how it can be a hindrance. I cant drink coffee even though I like the taste, the buzz is very irritating.

On 9/5/2018 at 12:43 AM, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji they were a puran bramgyani. We are not even sant ji charan di dhoor or soil of their feet.

Who knows maybe Sant Ji had sewadars make special tea rather than the normal type of tea. 

Cos i did hear Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib Wale they would drink green tea.

Indeed he was and still is.

In regards to tea and diet in general, it depends on your practice and what you want to achieve. That will in itself decide whether a food product or liquid is beneficial to you or not.