Kirpan da Amrit

Guest Javanmard

Guest Javanmard

Gurfateh

I just thought it would nice to discuss the institution of kirpan da amrit. It's an old form of amrit mentioned in some old Rahitname. It is specially directed to women. has any of you taken kirpan da amrit, do you know any people who have. If yes express yourlsef!!! Kirpan da amrit is still administred at Sachkhand Hazur Sahib.

...kirpan da amrit (also referred to as "kard da amrit") is also the standard form of administering Amrit to women within the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa.

In contrast, within the Akali Nihang Dals, men receive Amrit that has been stirred with BOTH a "kard" (held in left hand) and a "khanda" (held in right hand)

For both men and women, Amrit is made in the "hazoori" (presence) of Adi Guru Durbar, Dasam Guru Durbar, (where possible Sarbloh Guru Durbar), Sarbloh (weapons), and 5 Akali Nihangs Singhs (with farlas)....without any of these being present, Amrit is considered invalid.

*waits for the uproar*

Guest Javanmard

It actually makes sense that men get amrit with kard and khanda and women just with kard. Incidentially it coincides with the fact that men have chromosomes X and Y whereas women only have X.

"They only form part of the Guru Panth."

Which other parts of the "Guru Panth" are there that can give Amrit AND can trace their lineage back to the Guru directly?

*baffled*

..from my understanding of pre-British Raj Sikh history, only the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa have that right.

(someone correct me if they consider this a wrong statement)

just bit confused on on hand

anyone who hasn't taken amrit from Akali Nihang Singh (In NARsINGHS) eyes there amrit is considered invalid

so basicaltl 98% of amritdharis todyas aren't really amritdhari because there sikhi is not that of the Akali Singh Nihangs

am i right in saying this?

and then lalleshvari says "They are only part yes but they're the part that protects the maryada and takes decisions., :twisted: :twisted: :twisted"

well something doesn't amke sense here

Akali Singhs are meant to be protectors of rehit and the faith

well for 98% of Amritdharis to be wrong and on the wrong way

surely that means the Akali Nihangs haven't been doing their job rightly

especially in last 60 yrs etc

where were they all??

oh yeah i forgot the protectors of the faith were getting high and licking Indra 'behind'

no wonder we are all lost -the protectors of the faith were no where to be sense

now after all these years they think they can say our ways right- your ways not

what a crock of @@@@

from this post i might seem agaainst NiHANGS

IN REALITY I GOT ALOT OF RESPECT AND TIME FOR THEIR PAST HISTORY AND THE SINGHS OF THE PAST

but the new lot uk based are messing it all up for everyone

ok share the history but don't think it is the only way

GOD IS ONE

Lalleshvari

They are only part yes but they're the part that protects the maryada and takes decisions.,

Takes decisions??

Hmmm, then theses decisions are not enforced very well are they?:

I read on your post on another thread:

Hazur Sahib has the oldest and purest maryada because of its remoteness i.e. it was nor affected very much by the Protestantisation of Sikhi during the British Raj by the Singh Sabha and Akali movements. It has therefore conserved all the age old authentic customs and ceremonies such as the display of the Guru Granth in its three forms, shahidi degh and jhatka. Its maryada is stricter and its nitnem is the purest of all.

Does this mean that Amrit administerd at Hazoor sahib is also invalid?

Narsingha

Which other parts of the "Guru Panth" are there that can give Amrit AND can trace their lineage back to the Guru directly?

Irrelevant.

My point is that Akali Nihangs singhs form part of the Guru Panth, thus it cannot be stated that “Guru has decided it to be like that.â€

A question for you now:

you state:

Amrit is made in the "hazoori" (presence) of Adi Guru Durbar, Dasam Guru Durbar, (where possible Sarbloh Guru Durbar),

well, at the original ceremony, there was no Dasam Granth Sahib, nor Sarbloh Granth.

Does the mean that, according to Akali Nihang singhs, the amrit there was too invalid? :roll:

I agree with the presence of three granths- Adi Guroo Durbar, Dasam Guroo Durbar, Sarbloh Guroo Darbar while taking khandey di phaul.

However if you guys put urself in our shoes. Thats how we brought up with until now. That Amrit is valid just by the presence of adi guroo durbar.

The point i like to make--

There are majority of sikhs who have taken amrit in the presence of adi guroo durbar only. And by calling their amrit invalid is quite hurtful. You guys are doing nothing but hurting other gursikhs feeling.

After all this I dont think any amrit is invalid... Amrit given by panj pyareiz is fully valid... I think as long guroo da sikh consider all three granths as gurbani, follow the granths and have faith in the granth. He/she is a Khalsa of Guroo Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

Khalsa mera Roop-e-Khas Khalsa mein Karu Nivas (Sarbloh-Granth)

lol

when guru gobind singh jee maharaj (remember him, guys?) issued AMRIT, he stated that all men and women who take it will be SINGHS, and that both men and women take KHANDE-KEE-PAHUL

giving amrit to females with a kirpan is manmat, and that's the bottom line.

there is ONE AMRIT, ONE KHANDE-KEE-PAHUL, and no other methods of attaining it except for through the TRUE panj pyare. Not akali nihang whoever. If he does/did that, he's going against Sikhi.

We should practice Sikhi and the teachings of GURU GOBIND SINGH SAHIB JEE -- not these 'nihangs' that are tryin to confuse Sikhs, my advice to them is -- TRY A LITTLE HARDER -- because i don't think your goal of spreading anti-sikh propaganda will ever be met

truth always prevails in the end

spreading Sikhi?

...evidently today's institutions consider quantity to be more important that quality

challo bhai...whatever bakes your cakes...

Your opinion wont change the fact that Akali Nihangs have been doing the same style of Amrit Sanchaar for over 300 years now...and has been documented in historical texts.

hahaha NaraSingh -- Guru Gobind Singh was the GURU! He issued KHANDEY-KEE-PAHUL!!! If he knew what these "nihangs" were doing he'd probably come and slap them all in the face. Kalgidhar Dasmhesh Pita Jee created ONE amrit for ONE humankind... not seperate amrit's for men and women

YEA THERE IS ONLY ONE KIND OF AMRIT!

KHANDAY BATAY DE PAHUL OKAY...NOW TO GIVE DIFFERENT AMRIT TO MEN AND WOMER OR DIFFERENT PEOPLE IS NOT GIVING OF AMRIT AS AMRIT IS ONLY AND CAN ONLY BE PREPARED USING KHANDA, BATA BY PANJ PAYARAYS IN FRONT OF GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI 8) :P :idea:

FATEH

wats a FARLA??

IS IT A CHAKAR???? :?

farla is a peice of cloth hangin out of the top of the dumala - i think it shows that the nihang who is has a farla hangin out is a begginer

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/sikh_akali3.html

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/sikh_akali17.html

Actually, the "Farla" denotes a Singh who has proven themselves worthy over years of service within the Dal Panth (the warrior Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa Panth) and such an individual is referred to as an "Akali Nihang Singh" (or "Mahakaal Singh")

...as opposed to a "Nihang Singh" (without a Farla)

More information on the Khalsa baana (uniform) coming soon on www.shastarvidiya.org.