Kirpan da Amrit

Guest Javanmard

Guest Javanmard

Nihangs, Nirmale, Udasi, Sevapanthi and the Giani sampardai taksals are sampradayas or religious orders. They were founded or supported by the Gurus and can prove their lineage. They are not sects.

Sects or cults are manmade intitutions, neither good nor bad. Examples of sects in the Sikh world are: Radhasoami, Nirankari, AKJ, Neo-Sant Babas , SGPC etc... I am not saying that these groups are bad or good. I am just saying that they have no lineage and cannot therefore represent Sikh orthodoxy .

I am not stating here that all Nirmale Nihangs etc. are all good people in terms of individuals but the sampradays are orthodox and that's something you can't deny. Mind you Nirmale also give amrit! :D

all nihung wannabees have been getting at the bhaang and sharaab too much. in real life nihungs are the saaaafest people, so tolerant and gangstah......

anyway, dasam granth wasnt even finished by 1699 baisakhi. and i doubt much of sarbloh granth was done (if im correct most of it is khalsa related). maybe for dasam granth most bani was done, but it definately wasnt compiled or anything. bhai mani singh did that much later.

the question i pose to the nangs is, does that mean the panj pyares and guru gobind singhs amrit is invalid? are the nihungs above the panj and the guru?

can someone quote that kirpan de paul amrit rahitnama please.

Guest Javanmard

Oldest bir of dasam guru granth sahib is in Patna Sahib it dates from 1698 and has the signature of sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj. Go there and look for yourself!!! :twisted:

Guest BikramjitSingh

Lalleswari

That's news to me. Bhai mani Singh just added Zafarnama and Fatehnama ?

Come on I respect your knowledge even if it is sometimes used to bolster 'sanatan' sikhi but telling a falsehood like there's a Dasam Granth from 1698 is something I wouldn't have thought you were capable of. Now Narsingha that's a different matter

GurFateh

Bikramjit

"Come on I respect your knowledge even if it is sometimes used to bolster 'sanatan' sikhi but telling a falsehood like there's a Dasam Granth from 1698 is something I wouldn't have thought you were capable of"

- Bikramjit

I guess you missed this bit Mr Bikramjit:

"Oldest bir of dasam guru granth sahib is in Patna Sahib it dates from 1698 and has the signature of sri guru gobind singh ji maharaj."

- lalleshvari

"Now Narsingha that's a different matter "

-Bikramjit

Bikramjit, try not to lower the tone of every thread you post on by making personal attacks on people.

:roll:

If the moderators wish to persue a discussion on topics that involve Sanatan Sikhi, I suggest that they inform the likes of Bikramjit to at least behave like they are not on the streets of Southall.

-- ----------

moderator note: please talk with members of this site in the same manner that you wish to be spoken to, if you have no respect for anyone you will not gain respect back either, then you wonder why people direct 'personal attacks' towards you

tell me how it is possible to have stuff like khalsa mehima before the khalsa was even created!

the sarabloh granth was DEFINATELY not there until after 1699, and i am pretty sure that some of the dasam granth wasnt there either. therefore gurus amrit is invalid according to the nangs.

i am interested about this bir. how can you be so sure it dates to exactly 1698? is it definately authentic?

Guest Javanmard

I told you already go and see it for yourself. But first I suggest you learn a bit about manuscripits and they way they are made from period to period. YOu claim that this is not the real dasam Granth is wrong. Let's just say that it's the dasam franth at the stage it was in 1698 that's it. You're right Sarabloh Granth Sahib did come later but that doesn't mean it's less authentic. :D

Khalsa Soulja Ji, you said:

i am pretty sure that some of the dasam granth wasnt there either

No no, Khalsa Ji.Sri Dasam Granth was compiled by Bhai Mani Singh Ji, all of Sri Dasam Granth is Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji's authorship.100%.Please don't have any doubts about this PURAN Granth.

After all you are KHALSA are you not?Therefore you should not doubt these things.As a Khalsa it is your duty to read all Granth: Sri Guru Granth Sahib, Sri Dasam Granth Sahib and Sri Sarb Loh Granth.

Do not close yourself off from Divine esoteric knowledge.Sat Sri Akal. :D

im not doubting all of the dasam granth (or sarabloh granth) is gurbani. im saying, how do u know that script was written in 1698? why not 1700? how can u be sure?

the dasam granth in its final form has parts like zafarnama and also khalsa mehima (or is that in sarbloh granth?)...those werent written until afterwards.......so the bir you are talking about is NOT the finished dasam granth....and the sarabloh granth was DEFINATELY not there in 1699 either......so the nihungs are claiming that the gurus amrit is invalid!

anyways, how am i meant to read the sarabloh granth when the nihungs wont let anyone touch it?

how am i meant to read the sarabloh granth when the nihungs wont let anyone touch it?

very true KS.. most nihangs will say "u lot aint ready to read it" :twisted: :P

"The Name of the Lord this alone is my wealth. I do not tie it up to hide it, nor do I sell it to make my living." Bhagat Kabir, Bhairo, pg. 1157

:roll:

Actually, Mr. Steel Bangle and Khalsa Soulja, before (once again) trying to slander Nihangs, make excuses for your own laziness and crying like a bunch of kids, you should be aware that Sarbloh Guru Durbar Steek (punjabi) has been available from any good Punjabi book store for quite a few years now.

Incidentally, it may be worth noting that the ONLY reason Sarbloh Guru Durbar has been made available openly is because of 96 Crori Jatherdar Akali Nihang Baba Santa Singh Ji's permission to allow it to be printed.

Before this, Sarbloh Guru Durbar was NOT given to ANYONE without the consent of the Jathedar of the Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa. So, you have him to thank for it. :LOL:

If you wish to buy a copy try:

www.dtfasianbooks.com

www.csjs.com

:!: More info on Sarbloh Guru Durbar:

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/sarbloh_adi.html

For those interested and live near Birmingham UK(and have lots of money! :roll: ) you can buy Sarb Loh Granth Steek at DTF on Soho Rd, Birmingham.It's way expensive though, £45 per book :!: It comes in two parts.I think I'd rather get both parts from Panjab, they cost Rupees 500 and 700.So if you or someone you know is going India, tell them to buy both books for you.The books are really heavy though!My mums reading them now.

• 4 months later...

Can lalleshwari post some referance of Kirpan da Amrit ..

I mean u said that there are rehitnames but ..please provide them

bare in mind Rehatnames are't always 100% reliable as Bhai Chaupa SIngh ji's Rehitnamas ...are debateble

nevertheless I want quotes...please ..

Thank you :)

also i wonder why would GUru Govind Singh ji Make Kirpan da Amrit For women? If men and WOmen are equaly..why would Amrit be different?..arguements about Hazoor sahib..

if SIkhi in PANJAB wasn't able to be UNinfluenced by hindus...how would HAzoor Sahibs be so ? being surrounded by Hindu area :roll:

thus i once again ask for quotes :)