Exorcism in Sikhi

Guest Javanmard

"Since we are in this topic, what you guys think of suleman? There is audio recording of him, it wasnt a case of excorism/self infiction but it was defainately something extraordinary for people to see someone else is speaking from your body, all of sudden your face expression and vocal chord changes."

N30 Singh, not really anything to think. There was a possession and Baba Ji was obviously the right person to; and more than capable of handling it. I hear the boy is now in CA living a normal teenage life.

Re this not being a case of exorcism or self-infliction, your right. There are also patakdiyaan ruua, who are said to wait at certain affiliated places for the right person to pass, I have heard of this happening many times in Punjab. Sometimes the ruu just needs questions answering or the blessing/release from a holy man.

But in most cases, I think these unfortunate ruaa are caught by dangerous/evil people who have made a business of using them to create hurt and fear, leaving the victims no choice but to come to the ruu's master to find a cure.

I know this is going to sound really weird and just to let you guys know I don't practice the dark arts but I have observed many exorcisms, by both Hindu rituals and Sikh'ish. It was just out of a general interest in this Grey area that lead me to do some research and see some of these rituals.

Since the topic is about Sikh perspectives on the issue of exorcism, from what I have seen its the Udhasis who have the knowledge on how to exorcise these Patit Aatmas. If memory serves me correct I think it was Baba Shri Chand Ji who saved the child of some shardhaloos from the clutches of a Rakshash.

Even though to the common eye the Udhasis seem to border between Hinduism and Sikhism, the rituals in exorcism do however involve an element of Islam, where names of Pirs are invoked.

There are two types of black magic, one is Tantra, and the other is Kala Alam or more commonly Sifli Alam. Tantra is the Hindu version and to counter act it the Udhasis would invoke Bhairo, Devi and the power of Mast Malangs, and to counter Sifli Alam (Muslim version) Pirs Malangs and Masts are invoked.

Even though spiritual intermediates such as Masts, Malangs, Pirs, Devi and Bhairo are used the main basis of the rituals were literally begging Almighty God to rid the victim of his/her ailment/s.

And i must say these events are very eerie indeed and in no way from my experience do i feel that it was an act, because there is always some flaw in an act which can give it away, but these that i witnessed were very real.

I know this is going to sound really weird and just to let you guys know I don't practice the dark arts but I have observed many exorcisms, by both Hindu rituals and Sikh'ish. It was just out of a general interest in this Grey area that lead me to do some research and see some of these rituals.

Since the topic is about Sikh perspectives on the issue of exorcism, from what I have seen its the Udhasis who have the knowledge on how to exorcise these Patit Aatmas. If memory serves me correct I think it was Baba Shri Chand Ji who saved the child of some shardhaloos from the clutches of a Rakshash.

Even though to the common eye the Udhasis seem to border between Hinduism and Sikhism, the rituals in exorcism do however involve an element of Islam, where names of Pirs are invoked.

There are two types of black magic, one is Tantra, and the other is Kala Alam or more commonly Sifli Alam. Tantra is the Hindu version and to counter act it the Udhasis would invoke Bhairo, Devi and the power of Mast Malangs, and to counter Sifli Alam (Muslim version) Pirs Malangs and Masts are invoked.

Even though spiritual intermediates such as Masts, Malangs, Pirs, Devi and Bhairo are used the main basis of the rituals were literally begging Almighty God to rid the victim of his/her ailment/s.

And i must say these events are very eerie indeed and in no way from my experience do i feel that it was an act, because there is always some flaw in an act which can give it away, but these that i witnessed were very real.

very interesting

I remember my Mama ji was interested in learning this Kala Ilam from some Pir in our village in Batala city, He went to him a couple of times but when my Nana ji found out about this the Pir was asked to leave the village and to stop teaching these things to the villagers...No body knew what happened to that Pir after.

ill tell you something never ever ever unless you some form of protection from Tantra or Kala Alam go to a Pir or Udhasi, because not all of them can be trusted. Usualy what happens is that these people will get rid of your main ailment but then give you a minor one which cause you to keep going back and give them money to "sort" you out.

With me the very first Udhasi dera that i went to was one which was in my family, some of you may have heard of Kala Sangha and the Baba Kahan Das Ji Dera, Baba Ji's gaddi is within our family (naanke side) and when i went there my Grandmothers brother told me about the order and he said that I had protection from any form of Tantra/ Kala Alam due to A) me being Amritdhari B) Wearing a kirpan and C) for being Nitnemi. And it was totally on that basis why i went to visit a few Hindu Tantrics and a few Pirs.

I once even tested a Pir Baba and i had an experience which i would never forget, which made me even more paka in my Nitnem, and after when i got back to Kale Sanghe i got shitttar from my Nanis Mama for testing the guy, because he said if he cant do anything to you he can send something to follow you and torment your family.

Because there are two types of Jadoo, one is Apaa Jadoo which involves rituals and the other is the most dangerous Masani, which is the type of jadoo which causes possesions because its the ruh of a dead person.

Apparently what they do is that they (the tantrics) wander around siveh and look for bones of the deceased, and its now common that there is always one person on guard whenever a funeral pyre is being burnt. Because its with the bones of the dead person they bring back its ruh and they bind it to do the tantrics bidding. And the most thing that the masani/ ruh wants is mukti and the tantric will make it do its bidding if it wants its mukti.

Theres two ways in which the masani can get its mukti one is by the tantric releasing it and the other is most common way, where whoever the masani possess will harm him/her so much until he/she comes to an untimely death hence releasing the Masani.

My Nanis mama also said that sometimes when he confronts these entities they ask for mukti but he cant give it because if he does then the person who the masani is possessing will take that person with it too. So he has to force the entity out by hook or crook, and sometimes he has to resort to beating the masani with his "Bhairo" da baseball bat until it leaves the poor person.

vinegar.

Among sikh groups eg Nihung, Nirmala, Sevapanthi, Taksaal, Akj, Nanaksar etc, its the Udhasis that claim to have the know how on this kind of stuff. Akj, Taksaal Nanaksar Soho Road mainstream of them disregard anything to do with the occult, they are aso the ones who say if someone holds a gun to your head start saying waheguru and a magical force field will form around you and the bullet will freeze in mid air matrix style.

From my EXPERIENCE the only non Udasi place is baba vadhbhad singh jis dera who may i add use Udasi methds in their exorcisms.

Akj, Taksaal Nanaksar Soho Road mainstream of them disregard anything to do with the occult, they are aso the ones who say if someone holds a gun to your head start saying waheguru and a magical force field will form around you and the bullet will freeze in mid air matrix style.

Don't know about Soho Road, but Taksaal certainly don't say this....as seen in 1984.

Anyway, back to topic....

MahaKharag Singh, I wish the book "Preython Kithey Devte" by the Jathedar at Gurudwara Sant Ashram, Bhorasahib, Hapur (where the Suleman episode took place) was on-line. I have seen exorcisms carried out PURELY through the correct use of Gurbani at this place, not withstanding the fact that Sant Isher Singh ji gave this duty, in writing, to the present Sant (Bibi Ji) at the Gurudwara.

In one case, i was present in the room with a family of a very sick man. (They had come seeking a cure after hearing that people are healed here) They were asked to listen to a Saptah Paath (carried out over 7 days - about 204 Ang read every day starting at the same time every A.M.).

On the last day, after the bhog, a Rooh spoke in the sick man, asking for Mukti. When questioned, he revealed the name of the Pir who sent him and also the name of the man's relative who went to the Pir to get the toona done. The Rooh also said how he was very afraid of the Pir, who was very powerful and that he would only leave the man if given Mukti. Bibi Ji said Maharaj Ji would give Mukti and to say Fateh and leave with the (Gupt) Singhs. After saying Fateh (this took some effort!), he was gone.

Anyway, to cut a log story short, there was no beating or screaming etc in all the days that I stayed there - also every case was slightly different, the common factor being the use of Gurbani to get the desired result 100% of the time (provided certain requirements are fulfilled e.g. doing a specified no. of JapJi sahibs etc).

I spoke to the Jathedar Ji of the Dera and he explained that problems begin when someone who is not Mukt themselves attempts to give Mukti. They may get the Rooh in question to leave but it sometimes gets violent and leaves a void that they sometimes fill with another Rooh, giving the impression that all is well - then 3 years down the line the pain begins again.

This is just a part of my own experience - I could go on and on about the things I've seen and heard, but sometimes you have to be there to believe it.

I really recommend the book I mentioned ( if you want, I can post you a copy - PM me). Also, Suleman reveals much if you listen carefully to the recordings.

The funny thing is, why do most of the practitioners of the "dark arts" seem to be Muslim Pirs - take a look at the back pages of Des Pardes etc to see what I mean. Also, in most of the cases I witnessed, the Rooh(s) sent to cause trouble were formerly Muslims - some of them openly said that the only path to Mukti was Gursikhi.......

Brother Matheen im not refuting what your saying, gurbani is very powerful and can get rid of things such as these ruh's.

Another thing i must mention is when using the medium of Gurbani utmost shudhta must be kept and mega correct ucharan of bani must be done. And there are only a handful of places that do this like Nanaksar as you mentioned. but for those living in rural areas its much easier for them to visit dere waale and their methods of exorcism are easier in terms of carrying out but require more mental and spiritual power to rid demons etc.

Like you said in your story about the ruhs asking for mukti and the bibi ji did so very correctly by saying that only maharaj would grant it, because if the bibi granted the ruh mukti the ruh would have taken the sick man with it.

From my speculations Muslims are burried therefore its much easier to get to their bones and turn them into Masanis. But anyways its all in Mahakaals hands to guide his beloved and keep them from and protect them from evil forces.

They insist on complete shudta from the Paathis, and have a regular team of tested Paathis - this is really important - the first time Sant Isher Singh Ji asked Bibi Ji to hold a Paath for someone, the Rooh didn't go - later it named the Paathi who sat for duty without sucham. The people listening to Paath also have to stay 'sucha' while listening to Paath, and become vegetarian.

By the way, it's not a Nanaksar dera but linked to Rarasahib, also the Rooh did get Mukti on that occasion but I think the Mahapursh don't like bringing attention on themselves. There was a case where the Roohs (there were 3!) said they would go but take the sick woman with them - they were convinced to go once reminded what lies in store if they don't (i.e. staying in this world) and left her alone.

As such it's not really exorcism but giving Mukti. In some cases, the Rooh is there because of the "laen-daen" or attachments from previous lives or even dead loved ones from this life.

It's when you see stuff like this with your own eyes that you start to appreciate the reasons for keeping sucham and the Maryada of Akhand Paaths and reading Bani in general and above all, the immense power of Gurbani.

Maha Kharag Singh,

You might be familiar with this one, I know Tantrics look for the bones of the deceased ones, But I have also heard that they especially look for those who died young or died unmarried. What might be the reason for this one ?

Also this incident happened with my Nani ji. She was a great abhyaasi of Gurbani and Naam. The place where my naanke are (village Kutbinangal) it is said the area was mainly occupied by Muslims before the partition of India and Pakistan. And there was a Muslim lady who died in her shila or chalisa and her shila was broken, she was trying to acquire dark powers. Now her soul or something must have been attached to that place or roaming there. My Nani ji had shifted to that place from pakistan after the partition in 1947. One day when she was doing ishnaan at amritvela that a powerful force threw her and attacked her and even caused bruises on her body. Nani ji had seen her .Maybe she wanted noone to be occupying that house , who knows what was the reason. My Nani ji then started doing even more path and nitnem , and after a while it was said that no such incident ever happened after.This incident again emphasizes the importance of Gurbani and Naam.

Karmjeet,

The reason they look for bones of those who have died young is because its apparently easier for them to manipulate and control that aatma. As for the sharre the only reason i can think of is that just like there is something dodgy about a woman who has just given birth for about 40 (called a shilla) theres something dodgy about sharre aswel, because they are ment to have died as virgins therefore their power to destruct or do the tantrics bidding is immense.

About the muslim pirs etc, the believe in Jins, and its their power that they use to do Sifli Alam, what your Nani did was the perfect thing. Because that womans aatma was lingering there to try and finish her shilla, and if someone brings about a good aura the aatma would have tried to get rid of them because their "goodness" would have made their tapasya bhang.

Brother tSingh,

Not all of these "village" level Udasis can be trusted, because most of them have become corrupt in juicing money out of poor pendu saps, as I mentioned in my previous post, that they take away your major ailment but then give you a minor one which then causes you to go back i.e. the corrupt sadhu etc keeping his customer.

From what I noticed was that the most genuine ones were those who didn't dress in any bana but blended into society but continued to do their exorcist business.

Such things have compiled karma that they could not work off during their life. This causes them to “hang around” after they leave their body. Unnatural death for example by disease, accident, murder etc can leave such beings in a traumatic state. After the physical death they do not have reason, choice, and intelligence as we understand it they only behave according to their compulsion, tendencies, and desires. There is no rational thought as we know it because that part of the physical has been left in the body. Their actions simply reflect what is engrained in their Karma. There is no right or wrong because for them there is no choice. To us they do and can appear according to their projection of their engrained karma those tendencies that were the strongest during their life. To us they appear distorted but they are simply projected honestly according to their karma. They cannot see themselves as this; they only see types of energy manifestations, this is also how they see us.

Not all are like this and there are different types and levels. Some are very aware and have chosen to remain in this state for their own reasons. Some remain in hellish states some heavenly.

There is no “Dark Art” as such this fascination with darkness being evil etc etc is just stereotyping. Darkness in unlimited it is light that has limitations. The occult also is not this evil force we in the west associate it to, often near very ancient temples there are also tantric temples these are there to attract these beings and help them towards closure, liberation, Mukti etc. These are there to stop such beings from going in to the main temple due to its nature it attracts such beings.

The Yogi, whose knowledge this is explains in great depth and often deals with such matters and the liberation of such beings, continues to say that those who entrap such beings for their own use and desires are the same as those that molest children. These lost beings like us are the same as us, ultimately aware or unaware they also seek Mukti. And those that manipulate such being spend their own limbo in the most hellish states.

• 7 years later...

Here is the full suleman tape pt 1 and pt 2

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/01_Puratan_Katha/Sant_Ishar_Singh_%28Rara_Sahib_wale%29/Sant.Isher.Singh.%28Rara.Sahib.wale%29--Suleman.Tape.01.mp3

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/01_Puratan_Katha/Sant_Ishar_Singh_%28Rara_Sahib_wale%29/Sant.Isher.Singh.%28Rara.Sahib.wale%29--Suleman.Tape.02.mp3

• 2 months later...

I have personally never seen a ghost or apparition, neither any other entities. And I do not wish to see them either lol. As a kid I did though. Always loved supernatural stuff.

The only genuine story I can tell is when my cousins saw something. They were in the fields around mid night, just laying down. The power cut was going on in the village, and they were just waiting so that they could turn on the water pump and start irrigating the paddy fields. Then they both saw a form , quite ahead of them, illuminating with white light. They said they could not make out if it was a lady or not. They just lied there and petrified in form. When they started following it, the form was taking steps and moving further and further away from them. Eventually it disappeared. After that day, one of my cousin who was kind of non-believer started having more faith in Sikhi. He must have been petrified to death that his beliefs were changed. I guess good for him lol.

Thats the only genuine story I could think of, the others are just stories about ghosts

• 5 months later...
On 13/01/2008 at 8:09 AM, Maha Kharag Singh said:

Karmjeet,

The reason they look for bones of those who have died young is because its apparently easier for them to manipulate and control that aatma. As for the sharre the only reason i can think of is that just like there is something dodgy about a woman who has just given birth for about 40 (called a shilla) theres something dodgy about sharre aswel, because they are ment to have died as virgins therefore their power to destruct or do the tantrics bidding is immense.

About the muslim pirs etc, the believe in Jins, and its their power that they use to do Sifli Alam, what your Nani did was the perfect thing. Because that womans aatma was lingering there to try and finish her shilla, and if someone brings about a good aura the aatma would have tried to get rid of them because their "goodness" would have made their tapasya bhang.

Ssa kharag singh ji

Mujhe kisi ne masaani khilayee hui hai..iska kya ilaaj hai..kaise theek kiya jae..is say meri zindagi main kuch acha ni ho raha.

Sukriya

• 1 month later...