Shastar Vidiya Website Gets A Sticky On Sikhsangat

ipledgeblue

lol have a look if you want to go discuss on there:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/Index.php?/topic/62807-the-shastar-vidiya-website-some-of-the-lies-and-mistruths/

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In think this a wrong move on part of ss.com.

Previously members have claimed to be 'sooooo confused' by the 'Sanatan sikhi' concept just by heresay and claims made by other forum members or by browsing the site.

I fear that now , by having an open debate on ss.com, we will be finding members wandering the streets in a confused and delirious state. What a shame, I do ardas that these young kids dont get hurt!

;)

Suryadev ji

How can you say this is wrong on part of ss.com.

Sikh awareness has discussed plenty of controversial concepts.

Its clear that you agree with concepts of sanatan sikhi and thats why you object to ss.com discussing it.

Having a picture of Ram ji and Sita ji as opening page of a Sikh site is just strange. Why not have Gurbani? Time and time again in Gurbani, the importance is stressed on japping naam of Akal Purakh. We do not need to do puja of avtars of other dharams to reach Akal Purakh. Satguru has bless us with Naam and Gurbani. In kaljug, doing kirtan of Gurbani, Gurbani Path and simran of Gurmantar are our main tools to reach the highest destination. Firstly we should develop a good understanding of Gurbani and Rehat. At this time, parchar of fundamentals of Gurmat are required. Not niche concepts propogated through this sanatan sikhi.

For me the ideology of sanatan sikhi is strange and doesn't make sense. My understanding of Gurmat is that to reach Akal Purakh one has do good karams, follow rehat of Guru Sahib, japp naam etc. Simple concepts but hard to execute. We do puja, aradhna, bhagti of Shabad Guru not devtas of other faiths. Sure we can admire certain gunns(qualities) of other avtars, prophets but our faith lies in Akal Purakh and Guru Sahiban.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Edited by osingh1

Given that most of the responses from Niddar's chelay are things like "lol", "ner ner!", and "you should go and learn about Sikhi from the V & A Museum", I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for any kind of firm rebuttal.

It's pretty clear also from Niddar's chelay on the SikhSangat website that their knowledge of Sikhi is confused at best. One claimed that if you add together Brahma, Mahesh and Vishnu in some kind of metaphysical sum you get Akal Putakh himself (the same person believes that Giani Gurbachan Singh Bhindrawale didn't know much about Sikhi). Another claimed that he is following Dharam only if he follows the traditions of his caste and his parents' will when it comes to marrying someone of the same caste.

Presumably then, Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was acting against Dharam when he refused to follow His family traditions of entering the Hindu fold and wearing a janeu, and it would be against Dharam to become a Gursikh if one's parents don't want you to follow Sikhi at all? It sounds like Niddar's so-called Sanatan Dharam is merely followng the status quo wrapped up in pretty Indian clothes.

Anyway, I've already shown that Niddar's website contains errors and outright lies, and that it has a clear agenda to portray the Khalsa Fauj as merely another Saivite ascetic sect of warriors. It's also clear that he misquotes bani when it suits his agenda. The evidence is on his website for all to see, all I've done is provide the context for the panktis he quotes and the correct translations without Niddar's own colourful nonsense in parantheses.

By the by, I'm not against Singhs learning Niddar's art from him if that is what they want to do. (Given the cult-like mentality of Niddar's followers on SikhSangat.com, it's not something I will do.) Just don't expect me or anyone with a working brain to buy the bullshit on the website simply because Niddar says it's true.

K.

Edited by Kaljug

Kaljug Singh ji

Its better if you post your response on SA as SS has already locked the topic.Already shaastarvidyablogspot has posted rebuttal may be we can invite that person and we can see good Philosphical discussion on SA

I just looked through their rebuttal. I'm loving the personal insults - it sounds like someone's got their kachera in a twist. :-D Firstly, I notice that Niddar ill now be writing a book to prove his lineage claims. I'm sure that will be a great read unless his evidence is more unsubtantiated drivel from "oral transripts" that cannot be verified.

Given the obvious errors in his rendering of the bani in the history section, it would have been more honourable for Niddar to admit his mistakes and change the offending pages.

I will look at it a bit more carefully and respond after the bank holiday weekend.

K.

K.

I dont see what's funny.

Also the sarbloh.info is garbage and has attacked nearly every panthic jathabandi, is their any link between sarbloh.info and this shaster vidya website?

Is it strange though, that the "panthic" jathebandiyaa get attacked but the puraatan sampradaiye get praised?

worry not.

just as the thread was getting interesting the kids got in locked off! I do feel they were gettling a bit intimidated by a real, challenging debate that was about to start.

:(

Its funny how SS wait to lock the thread so that someone can write a post that agrees with them. They took it off sticky status when the thread got locked. There is some fishy business with the admins! LOL I wonder if they PM one of the members to post something.

Conversation:

Admin: Please write so and so, then we can lock the thread.

Member eg KHalistaniGunMan: OK thanx admin jee I will write this big post and then you can lock the thread :D

Edited by londondajatt

The only reason SS closed the thread was that the extreme views,especially of khalistangunman were so ludicrous they had to before the Sangat got to see the real intolerant,narrow- minded,fanatical, and hatred filled face of these individuals.

Blaming Nihang Singhs and Niddar Singh of the attack on Darbar Sahib 84, is the new low these people are prepared to stoop. The only blame of this attack was the Indian government, but these people wish to use their energies in causing conflict within Sikhi.

The reason khalistingunman's friend probably left Sikhi was probably his sangat of extremist views and hatred filled intolerance.

that KGM kid and his friends are very worrying.

on another thread a while ago he wrote that he would never respond to a fateh from another sikh who he perceives as being pro-indian.

But the real low for the forum and KGM was when he wrote the 3HO/gora sikhs "are legitimate targets" as he does not agree with their views!!!! Now I'm no lawyer, but I presume that such statements are inciting violence.

Wonder if the US authorities would take kindly to such al'qaeda-esque statements??

I do believe ss.com is the gutter forum of the sikh youth.

I just looked through their rebuttal. I'm loving the personal insults - it sounds like someone's got their kachera in a twist. :-D Firstly, I notice that Niddar ill now be writing a book to prove his lineage claims. I'm sure that will be a great read unless his evidence is more unsubtantiated drivel from "oral transripts" that cannot be verified.

Given the obvious errors in his rendering of the bani in the history section, it would have been more honourable for Niddar to admit his mistakes and change the offending pages.

I will look at it a bit more carefully and respond after the bank holiday weekend.

K.

K.

I've debated with these N.angs on various forums going back to the original N.ang on the Sikh History Forum nearly a decade ago. That was when he was formulating his bukwas by cutting and pasting biased translations of Gurbani from RSS and Hindu websites. He then went on to create these sites. The problem you will get when debating with people who believe in fairy stories of 'secret texts', 'secret history' and 'secret martial art' is that they never offer any concrete evidence to back up their fairy stories. They have the best cover story for not having any evidence, it was after all a secret! The only evidence they always offer is some Baba or other whose guppan were recorded by some n.ang usually sometime in 1999.

Edited by tonyhp32

I'd say that its the former, that you mentioned. Its a psychological prob with these kids. To me many of them come across as sexually frustrated. With all the 'do this , dont do that'. It does appear that they learn their 'Sikhi', life lessons from forums/internet rather than from their parents/gurdwaras/schools. Its not a healthy situation to be in.

Well there are sites Which create fake topics which generate postings so may be some SS mods or admins are behind it or I am also losing me mental balance after reading their posts

You are one snake. You have been out against Sikhsangat for a long time. LIke in this thread, yelling to Kalyug to start posting here instead of Sikhsangat about this topic. Did your bosses at SPN tell you to do all of this? Seriously get a life and stop attacking Sikhsangat. There are many genuine members there. Unlike SPN your boss, where all they do is insult Gurmat and Gursikhs. You and your bosses need to stop foaming at the mouth.

Edited by Only five

You are one snake. You have been out against Sikhsangat for a long time. LIke in this thread, yelling to Kalyug to start posting here instead of Sikhsangat about this topic. Did your bosses at SPN tell you to do all of this? Seriously get a life and stop attacking Sikhsangat. There are many genuine members there. Unlike SPN your boss, where all they do is insult Gurmat and Gursikhs. You and your bosses need to stop foaming at the mouth.

lol

good humour!

And who are you ? At first you have very good relation with SPN team then suddenly You went against them and became a fan of SA and then when you don't find your views similar to members here you left this site too and BTW if you don't know I am not associated with SPN anymore ,infact I am one of the member who is not liked by many.

YEs I find posts on SS sad and even worrying .

And BTW if you can't understand difference between politely asking someone and yelling then I can't do anything

Edited by kdsingh80

It looks to me that many people on SS are suffering from psychological problems their comments clearly display that,moreover I feel there is something fishy on SS .Why after 5-7 days someone start new thread on Sikh Girls with paki boys or Sikh men unable to find a sikh girl? Is it because they know that these thread create lot of interest and so many people post

You seem very, very paranoid if you truly believe the moderators and admins on SikhSangat are making new accounts or supporting people to make threads like that.

The reason those types of threads are posted more often than not is because the issues are very, very real and there's a good community on SikhSangat. There are bad apples, but who are you to judge them and slander an entire board?