What You Guys Reading These Days?

dalsingh101

I have been reading mahabharat for months it is so long I m just up to van parv (book 3, nearly done). It is kesri Mohan ganguli's translation of vedvyas' Mahabharat. It is a good read I find gurbani makes ALOT of sense after reading it. I want to read ramayan as well to see the Hindu religion at the time.

1 hour ago, tva prasad said:

I have been reading mahabharat for months it is so long I m just up to van parv (book 3, nearly done). It is kesri Mohan ganguli's translation of vedvyas' Mahabharat. It is a good read I find gurbani makes ALOT of sense after reading it. I want to read ramayan as well to see the Hindu religion at the time.

How many versions of Mahabharat are out there

Bhul chuk maaf

Just now, amardeep said:

In what way do you think Gurbani makes more sense.

I understand Hinduism more and all the concepts more than I did. Guru ji talks about all these concepts in gurbani and it makes more sense. In Mahabharat it explains the fruit of yagn and charity, etc. but in gurbani it says that doing jaap and simran of waheguru is way greater than all these things put together (motivate u more). The society at the time of guru nanak dev ji followed all these beliefs and guru ji write all this in gurbani. Tva Prasad swaiye make so much sense now.

On 05/02/2017 at 11:52 PM, tva prasad said:

I understand Hinduism more and all the concepts more than I did. Guru ji talks about all these concepts in gurbani and it makes more sense. In Mahabharat it explains the fruit of yagn and charity, etc. but in gurbani it says that doing jaap and simran of waheguru is way greater than all these things put together (motivate u more). The society at the time of guru nanak dev ji followed all these beliefs and guru ji write all this in gurbani. Tva Prasad swaiye make so much sense now.

I second this, and also the language aspect of reading/watching these programs helps me in understanding Gurmat.

On 04/02/2017 at 10:48 PM, tva prasad said:

Will try and take a look at that sometime.

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, amardeep said:

Please share your findings on Bhai Gurdaas Varan. 

Will do. I can see why the Varan are called the key to Guru Granth Sahib. They give a very good analysis of the event leading upto the birth of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Because they are short verses they can also be discussed with chlildren or people with short attention spans. I have only read vaar 1 and am currently re-reading it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Read:

Bringing Down The Krays: Finally the truth about Ronnie and Reggie by the man who took them down by Bobby Teale

It's extra interesting for me because if you've grown up in the East End, you'd have heard about the legend of the Kray brothers. They had this mythology around them like they were essentially good guys but tough. When you read the book, the author claims that Ronnie (a psychotic homosexual) raped him, and that he later found out that Ronnie had also raped his brother. 

2 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Read:

Bringing Down The Krays: Finally the truth about Ronnie and Reggie by the man who took them down by Bobby Teale

It's extra interesting for me because if you've grown up in the East End, you'd have heard about the legend of the Kray brothers. They had this mythology around them like they were essentially good guys but tough. When you read the book, the author claims that Ronnie (a psychotic homosexual) raped him, and that he later found out that Ronnie had also raped his brother. 

Thats really good veer ji that you read that as i live in the east end so their name the krays was really popular and still is especially in commerical road in tower hamlets is where they used to operate back in the 60s.

29 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Thats really good veer ji that you read that as i live in the east end so their name the krays was really popular and still is especially in commerical road in tower hamlets is where they used to operate back in the 60s.

This just shows how such predators are adept at manipulating those around them. I grew up hearing they were the salt of the earth honorable guys. Ronnie seems especially scary...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-6pqQ88MjmqrNGfpOlxO

Here's him with the perverted peer who he supplied boys to:

Ronnie_Kray_and_Lo_3480383k.jpg

17 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

This just shows how such predators are adept at manipulating those around them. I grew up hearing they were the salt of the earth honorable guys. Ronnie seems especially scary...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-6pqQ88MjmqrNGfpOlxO

Here's him with the perverted peer who he supplied boys to:

Ronnie_Kray_and_Lo_3480383k.jpg

You are right veer they do look like a pair of snakes in suits and no wonder people were afraid of them as they must have had top links to policatians like you see in the underworld movies.

3 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

You are right veer they do look like a pair of snakes in suits and no wonder people were afraid of them as they must have had top links to policatians like you see in the underworld movies.

They did. They invited some perverted politicians to sleazy parties and then secretly filmed them doing gundh and then blackmailed them. They also had contacts in the police.