What You Guys Reading These Days?

dalsingh101

5 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

If you have the right permits etc you could build yourself a nice house for 300-400k. We were thinking of building in the future another house on our property but gotta still look at what the city allows etc

The houses around you Singh (including yours) are they built using bricks? 

44 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Brick, cement, stucco etc

Good, good, good. For some peculiar reason I had it in my head most houses are made of wood out there???

30 minutes ago, Singh123456777 said:

Framework and stuff is all wood

Have you ever seen a new house going up bro? 

2 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

All the framwork and what not is 99% of the time wood (unless you use sheet metal stuff which is not at strong as wood) and then exterior would be brick, stucco etc. The base And foundations of the house is cement.

When you've seen builds, did they do the brickwork first, and then the inside. Or did they start the interior first and then wrap it up in bricks after? 

1 hour ago, Still nascent said:

Hey there, 

I have a friend in  Halifax Canada. Recently she posted few of her pics making a new house of her own  .. This may help

FB_IMG_15787585192766886.jpg

FB_IMG_15787585069858126.jpg

FB_IMG_15787585122609861.jpg

Thanks for that! Looks like a timber frame, which can then be wrapped up in brick afterwards! Hmmmm. I suspected as much.

I don't think she'll use brick here though. Doesn't look like she's got the footings for it?  Keep the pics coming if you don't mind. Thanks again!!

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Thanks for that! Looks like a timber frame, which can then be wrapped up in brick afterwards! Hmmmm. I suspected as much.

I don't think she'll use brick here though. Doesn't look like she's got the footings for it?  Keep the pics coming if you don't mind. Thanks again!!

Yea wood frames usually go up first and then people have the option of brick, stucco, stone etc for exterior. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 3:10 PM, chatanga1 said:

I have been reading "Amritsar: The massacre that ended the Raj" about Jallianwala Bagh 1919. A really good book to learn about the attitudes of the rulers towards the ruled.

Who's the author? 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
15 hours ago, sarabatam said:

Nah it just talks about awakening, end of world would be end of illusory world.

I thought you was going to tell people to get some AKs and Glocks and stock up on the ammo! lol

It does feel like a lot of illusions are being ripped asunder right now, especially political illusions. 

6 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Who was that guy? Can you briefly state his achievements?

Bhul chuk maaf

The first Achaemenid King. Launched the Persian Empire. Was known to more incorporate locals, leaving them in charge, and their customs intact, but involving them in Persian commerce and war efforts. 

Freed the real Jews from Babylon. Which they defeated. 

Were known for investing in their people and infrastructure instead of personal aggrandizement. 

Turned the desert into an oasis.

Alexander the Great wanted to be Cyrus the Great. But never could be as he did not have the class. It's not just about winning. It's about winning a certain way. 

Sort of ironic how little you hear about the Persian Empire considering everyone tried to emulate them. Even Grants Tomb in the united states is a rip off of Cyrus' tomb. 

Of anything we consider having been an empire, only the Persian Empire would be our allies in Dharam Yudh.  It's an almost stand alone example of good winning in Kalyug. 

Only thing better in known history of any scale is the birth of Sikhi. 

Honorable mention ancient China. 

All other goodness is found in the Tribes not empires in known history. 

Prehistoric Empires are a whole other thing.