How To Pray To Lord Ganesha? : Learn The Rituals

There are different prayers to Lord Ganesha for different festivals and each has a specific ritual that must be followed closely. In Beautiful-Lord-Ganesh-Picture-295x300.jporder to be able to do that, one needs a better understanding of the rituals. As adevotee it is expected that one must have the ability to be partake in these rituals in the correct manner.

To Read more go here

How to Pray to Lord Ganesha? : Learn the rituals

With all due respect i would quote Guru Gobindsingh ji Maharaj's bani :

Main na Ganesah Pritham manau, Kishan Bishan kabahu naahe Dhiyau.
Kaan Sunhe Pehchaan na tin so, livv laagi mori pag inso,

I do not adore Ganesha in the beginning and also do not meditate on Krishna and Vishnu; I have only heard about them with my ears and I do not recognize them; my consciousness is absorbed at the feet of the Supreme Lord.434.

We respect all avatar however our concentration is on the Supreme Being ..The Parmatma Akaal Purakh.

The Ganesha Experience

Your link takes us back to this forum. What was the point of that?

Jaikaara

What's up.

With all due respect i would quote Guru Gobindsingh ji Maharaj's bani :

Main na Ganesah Pritham manau, Kishan Bishan kabahu naahe Dhiyau.

Kaan Sunhe Pehchaan na tin so, livv laagi mori pag inso,

I
do not adore Ganesha in the beginning and also do not meditate on
Krishna and Vishnu; I have only heard about them with my ears and I do
not recognize them; my consciousness is absorbed at the feet of the
Supreme Lord.434.
We respect all avatar however our concentration is on the Supreme Being ..The Parmatma Akaal Purakh.

ਮੈ ਨ ਗਨੇਸ਼ਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਮਨਾਊਂ ॥ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਬਿਸ਼ਨ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹ ਧਿਆਊਂ ॥ਕਾਨ ਸੁਨੇ ਪਹਿਚਾਨ ਨ ਤਿਨ ਸੋਂ ॥ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਮੋਰੀ ਪਗ ਇਨ ਸੋਂ ॥੪੩੪॥

ਮਹਾਕਾਲ ਰਖਵਾਰ ਹਮਾਰੋ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਲੋਹ ਮੈਂ ਕਿੰਕਰ ਥਾਰੋ ॥ ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਕਰੋ ਰਖਵਾਰ ॥ ਬਾਹਿ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥੪੩੫॥

With due respect, it depends on your tradition. Those who worship Ganesh, consider Him Parmatama Akal Purakh, and everyone else as a lesser entity. Similarly, those who worship Mahakaal, consider Him Parmatma Akal Purakh, and everyone else as a lesser entity. And so on. It's funny how that works.

The Ganesha Experience

Your link takes us back to this forum. What was the point of that?

Jaikaara

What's up.

ਮੈ ਨ ਗਨੇਸ਼ਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਿਥਮ ਮਨਾਊਂ ॥ ਕਿਸ਼ਨ ਬਿਸ਼ਨ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹ ਧਿਆਊਂ ॥ਕਾਨ ਸੁਨੇ ਪਹਿਚਾਨ ਨ ਤਿਨ ਸੋਂ ॥ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਗੀ ਮੋਰੀ ਪਗ ਇਨ ਸੋਂ ॥੪੩੪॥

ਮਹਾਕਾਲ ਰਖਵਾਰ ਹਮਾਰੋ ॥ ਮਹਾ ਲੋਹ ਮੈਂ ਕਿੰਕਰ ਥਾਰੋ ॥ ਅਪਨਾ ਜਾਨ ਕਰੋ ਰਖਵਾਰ ॥ ਬਾਹਿ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਬਿਚਾਰ ॥੪੩੫॥

With due respect, it depends on your tradition. Those who worship Ganesh, consider Him Parmatama Akal Purakh, and everyone else as a lesser entity. Similarly, those who worship Mahakaal, consider Him Parmatma Akal Purakh, and everyone else as a lesser entity. And so on. It's funny how that works.

Okay but there does seem to be a very unique broad conceptualisation of the creator/destroyer within Sikh traditions (as much as the inconceivable can be conceptualised). I think possibly most explicitly laid out in Jaap Sahib.

It is certainly not the traditional 'Mahakaal', at least from what I perceive?

Dally

What would be the tradional conception of Mahakaal? And how does this compare to Mahakaal in Dasam Granth?

In Gurmat the traditional view of Mahakaal is as seen in Japji Sahib i.e., Akaal Purakh the timelsess being sitting in samadhi enjoying the bliss of his own sat chit anand swaroop.

However in Dasam Gur Darbar the war granth you see that the timeless pursh is now similar to kaal (death/jamdhoots) but one who brings death to kaal. So Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee inorder to keep to the theme of the Granth ( Bir Ras) has characterised God as this Tamo Gunee, big violent warrior who brings death to death itself. Thus invoking all sorts of warrior spirit faculties in the listener/reader.

Dally

What would be the tradional conception of Mahakaal? And how does this compare to Mahakaal in Dasam Granth?

That's a great question. The more one looks at it the more one feels that the DG is not remotely grasped by apnay.

What is the traditional conception of mahakaal then?

What is the traditional conception of mahakaal then?

You would have to look at Sanatan Granths for that, but from Aad Guru Granth Sahib you would have to look at the qualities of Kaal and then apply them.

Indeed Dasam Granth is one of the highest religious historical/ books. Apart from invoking warrior spirit in the Khalsa one of the purposes of the granth was for it to be a Gurmat (Guru Gobind Singh Ji's) contribution to the massive brahm vidya that is/was prevalent in sanatan religions of India who study great books on religion/history and philosophy such as Vedas, Adi Sankarcharaya, Patanjali, Rishi Vyas Rishi Vashist et. al.

Edited by PAL 07

Dally

That is hard to answer at this point. My focus has usually been GGS so it would be much easier for me to talk about Sri Hari.

Then we are messing up straight away because we are bringing duality into a matter where we are explicitly told there is none.

????

The reason people pray to Ganesh Ji is that he can cause problems and obstacles in life. He is the embodiment of tark or logic and critical thought. Which is why he rides a mouse, a mouse can cut through things with its sharp teeth. Similarly with logic you can cut through arguments and destroy them. This cutting and destroying makes Ganesh ji a dangerous divinity so special ceremonies and sacrifices were made to Him to please him so that his sharp nature would not cut through the ideas or arguments underlying the beginning of any venture. His two wives were Siddhi and Buddhi which meant he controlled the means of obtaining any desire and the choosing of a wise desire. He controls these means because He is Gana (troop, host, number) + Isha (lord).

MJ

Where did you get this information from? Your own logic?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

We should keep god in our mind and should concentrate on mantras we chant while praying to lord Ganesha.Lord ganesh is also worshipped as the destroyer of obstacles and evil. While ingratiating any thing we first pray to lord Ganesha.Even some hindu baby names consists of lord Ganesha in the names .

Edited by Mahesh Yadav
spelling mistake