Women Who Want A Son..

G.Kaur

..go to Gurdvara Baba Budha Sahib jee in Amritsar.

So after hearing several family members (all women) and other women in my pind in Punjab saying that, if you want a son you should go to Gurdvara Baba Budha Sahib Jee and do ishnaan and Ardaas and then you will have a son, made me wonder why and how this rumour started? Does anyone know the story behind it?

The funny thing is that everyone I know who has done ishnaan and ardaas at the Gurdvara have all had baby boys. A coincidence or....? Anyone else here heard about the above?

Guru Arjan Dev ji's wife Mata Ganga ji went to Baba Buddha ji for a son. After years of childlessness, she expressed her desire to have a baby to Guru Arjan Dev ji, who told her that since it could not come about with their efforts that now their last resort is Baba Buddha ji's blessings. So Mata Ganga ji left to meet Baba Buddha ji. At first she rode to his house on a horse cart, with lots of delicious food. Baba Buddha ji did not welcome her and rejected her request. She went back to Guru Sahib disheartened. Guru ji told her that Baba ji is a simple man, and that she should approach him in a humble way. He told him that his favourite food is not the various dishes she brought for him but two simple missi rotiyan and a ganda (a type of roti and onion). So the second time, she went barefoot, simple clothing and with missiyan rotiyan and gandey. Baba ji welcomed her and after crushing the ganda between his hands said that she would have a son who would crush tyrants and their rule. And that's how Guru Hargobind Sahib was born!

So nowadays after a couple gets married they go to Baba Buddha ji's place and pray for one as well. Yeah it seems like it works!

Edited by BhagatSingh

If this was the case then there would be no females in Punjab . ..all the punjabis would have lined up at the Gurdwara Sahib. Baba Budha ji 'predicted' the birth of Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib ji Maharaj Paatsahi Chchenvee...he did not use his powers to change the gender of the child to be born. People connect their own self motives to great places and makeup their own meanings.

I've got a relative who got divorced and remarried after having 1 son. He then proceeded to have daughter after daughter even though he followed all the dictates of a sant in order to have another son with his new wife i.e. gave up alcohol, started listening to prayers, turned veggie, regrew his kesh.

3 daughters later he no longer associates with that sant and has (I think angrily?) latched his wagon to another sampardaya.

It's funny when you think about it.

What I find really surprising however, is when grown up Sikh women themselves seem to have a weird of of self hatred of their gender and don't want daughters themselves. Maybe they are just projecting what men are wanting, even then though, it's some weak sh*t on their part.

If this was the case then there would be no females in Punjab . ..all the punjabis would have lined up at the Gurdwara Sahib. Baba Budha ji 'predicted' the birth of Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib ji Maharaj Paatsahi Chchenvee...he did not use his powers to change the gender of the child to be born. People connect their own self motives to great places and makeup their own meanings.

This may be the case, but as per the wishes of Guru Arjan MAharaj, his wife had to humble herself to go twice to Baba Buddha Ji, with simple food and such. Baba Buddha Ji said himself, "who am i to grant sons, when the Guru is there" which is a sign of his own humility as well.

But I have spoken to some people, even from panjab who have not heard of the place of Baba Buddha Ji at all.

What I find really surprising however, is when grown up Sikh women themselves seem to have a weird of of self hatred of their gender and don't want daughters themselves. Maybe they are just projecting what men are wanting, even then though, it's some weak sh*t on their part.

I wouldnt put it down to hatred, i would say it is more down to being pragmatic, or a realist especially if you are in india. The dowry system in india is way out of control and is the cause of misery, where there should be joy.

The severe strain of paying a dowry haunts most indian from the birth of a girl, until she is finally married. Having sons is a way to cash in. Thats what it boils down to essentially. People attitudes are changing, but for some the change will be too slow.

I don't know why you would think that about our people.

Baba Buddha ji did not merely predict the birth of Guru Hargobind Sahib, he brought it about. For 6 years after marriage Mata Ganga ji could not have a child. Only after she went to Baba Buddha ji for his blessing could the birth of 6th guru was made possible. Of course Baba ji was gona give all the credit to Guru Arjan Dev ji, He is the avtaar of Shri Hari.

There is never any harm or problem going to any gurdwara and asking for your wishes.

If

you feel it matters for some reason what the sex of the child is, then

there is nothing wrong with requesting specifically. But please don't be

upset or disheartened if he grants a different sex !

It's all about learning and evolving with the line of 'what you hope for' and 'what his hukam grants' !

This is one of the qualities of being a Sikh, to be in line with his command.

Precisely

Edited by BhagatSingh

BhagatSingh ji bhaa ji ..please dont misunderstand me ...Punjab , Haryana , Gujarat, UP, Bihar are the states leading in female infanticide so it may sound to be rude but statistics show this attitude. I am not demeaning Baba Budha ji .how would i ever even think of saying anything against Him . However Sri Akaal Hari Parmatma is the Supreme Order as we all belive Power and the Only Source and all the rest as His Sevadaars .

I don't know about that veeray people in India, even those who are better off, are just looking to survive. If you ask your parents what their goals are in life, it is to survive and keep enough money coming in for roti, kapra and makaan. Preference does not come into play here. They don't have the luxury of preference. Granted they are not in poverty per se but it is a subjective feeling of being poor.

• 2 years later...

..go to Gurdvara Baba Budha Sahib jee in Amritsar.

So after hearing several family members (all women) and other women in my pind in Punjab saying that, if you want a son you should go to Gurdvara Baba Budha Sahib Jee and do ishnaan and Ardaas and then you will have a son, made me wonder why and how this rumour started? Does anyone know the story behind it?

The funny thing is that everyone I know who has done ishnaan and ardaas at the Gurdvara have all had baby boys. A coincidence or....? Anyone else here heard about the above?

• 2 months later...

So can anyone else back this story up? I've heard a lot of people going here from the UK and I've read up on the history of Baba Budha Ji and those that have visited the Gurdwara. Has anyone here heard anything about fruit being given as prashard, be it onions or apples and eating the whole thing (skin/core/pips) included. Thanks.  

Shabad for obtaining a son:

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਾਚੈ ਦੀਆ ਭੇਜਿ ॥

ਚਿਰੁ ਜੀਵਨੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਸੰਜੋਗਿ ॥

ਉਦਰੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਆਇ ਕੀਆ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥

ਮਾਤਾ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਿਗਾਸੁ ॥੧॥

ਜੰਮਿਆ ਪੂਤੁ ਭਗਤੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਕਾ ॥

ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰ ਕਾ ॥ਰਹਾਉ ॥

ਦਸੀ ਮਾਸੀ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਬਾਲਕ ਜਨਮੁ ਲੀਆ॥

ਮਿਟਿਆ ਸੋਗੁ ਮਹਾ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਥੀਆ ॥

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਸਖੀ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਗਾਵੈ ॥

ਸਾਚੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥੨॥

ਵਧੀ ਵੇਲਿ ਬਹੁ ਪੀੜੀ ਚਾਲੀ ॥

ਧਰਮ ਕਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਬੰਧਿ ਬਹਾਲੀ ॥

ਮਨ ਚਿੰਦਿਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਿਵਾਇਆ ॥

ਭਏ ਅਚਿੰਤ ਏਕ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇਆ ॥੩॥

ਜਿਉ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਊਪਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਬਹੁਮਾਣੁ ॥

ਬੁਲਾਇਆ ਬੋਲੈ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣਿ ॥

ਗੁਝੀ ਛੰਨੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਬਾਤ ॥

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੁਠਾ ਕੀਨੀ ਦਾਤਿ ॥੪॥੭॥੧੦੧॥

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Shabad for obtaining a son:

ਆਸਾ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ॥

ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸਾਚੈ ਦੀਆ ਭੇਜਿ ॥

ਚਿਰੁ ਜੀਵਨੁ ਉਪਜਿਆ ਸੰਜੋਗਿ ॥

ਉਦਰੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਆਇ ਕੀਆ ਨਿਵਾਸੁ ॥

ਮਾਤਾ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਬਿਗਾਸੁ ॥੧॥

ਜੰਮਿਆ ਪੂਤੁ ਭਗਤੁ ਗੋਵਿੰਦ ਕਾ ॥

ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਆ ਸਭ ਮਹਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰ ਕਾ ॥ਰਹਾਉ ॥

ਦਸੀ ਮਾਸੀ ਹੁਕਮਿ ਬਾਲਕ ਜਨਮੁ ਲੀਆ॥

ਮਿਟਿਆ ਸੋਗੁ ਮਹਾ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਥੀਆ ॥

ਗੁਰਬਾਣੀ ਸਖੀ ਅਨੰਦੁ ਗਾਵੈ ॥

ਸਾਚੇ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੈ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੈ ॥੨॥

ਵਧੀ ਵੇਲਿ ਬਹੁ ਪੀੜੀ ਚਾਲੀ ॥

ਧਰਮ ਕਲਾ ਹਰਿ ਬੰਧਿ ਬਹਾਲੀ ॥

ਮਨ ਚਿੰਦਿਆ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦਿਵਾਇਆ ॥

ਭਏ ਅਚਿੰਤ ਏਕ ਲਿਵ ਲਾਇਆ ॥੩॥

ਜਿਉ ਬਾਲਕੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਊਪਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਬਹੁਮਾਣੁ ॥

ਬੁਲਾਇਆ ਬੋਲੈ ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਭਾਣਿ ॥

ਗੁਝੀ ਛੰਨੀ ਨਾਹੀ ਬਾਤ ॥

ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕੁ ਤੁਠਾ ਕੀਨੀ ਦਾਤਿ ॥੪॥੭॥੧੦੧॥

Bhul chuk maaf

Do 108 jaap of the above shabad per day for 41 days, to obtain a son.

Source - Shabad Sankat Mochan

Bhul chak maaf

Edited by paapiman

So who is supposed to do the above shabad?? The husband or the wife?  Since it's the male who donates the X or Y it's the male who actually decides the baby's gender.  So should it be the male who japs the above? LOL.  And really....  why would people even do this??

See, this is what results from the views that males are superior.  Women hating themselves and their own gender, and everyone wanting only male children.  It's wrong! 

14 hours ago, Lucky said:

Shabad can help.   but for obtaining a child.....not choosing boy or girl...but any gender child!

ਪ੍ਰਗਟਿਮਹਿ ਲਿਖਿਆ ਧੁਰ ਕਾ ॥ਰਹਾਉ ॥

the pre-ordained is what becomes pargat(manifest).. this is what is likhiya(written) ..by Waheguru.....rahao

I've seen apnay crawling up to flannah or timka sants to try and get a son but getting girl after girl. Then they get disillusioned with the sant. Some of these are crafty, they play the parents out by saying they will get what they want if they do x and y and string them along. 

Another Shabad for obtaining a son:

ਸੋਰਠਿ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੨ ਚਉਪਦੇ

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

ਏਕੁ ਪਿਤਾ ਏਕਸ ਕੇ ਹਮ ਬਾਰਿਕ ਤੂ ਮੇਰਾ ਗੁਰ ਹਾਈ ॥

ਸੁਣਿ ਮੀਤਾ ਜੀਉ ਹਮਾਰਾ ਬਲਿ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਸੀ ਹਰਿ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਦੇਹੁ ਦਿਖਾਈ ॥੧॥

ਸੁਣਿ ਮੀਤਾ ਧੂਰੀ ਕਉ ਬਲਿ ਜਾਈ ॥

ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਭਾਈ ॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

ਪਾਵ ਮਲੋਵਾ ਮਲਿ ਮਲਿ ਧੋਵਾ ਇਹੁ ਮਨੁ ਤੈ ਕੂ ਦੇਸਾ ॥

ਸੁਣਿ ਮੀਤਾ ਹਉ ਤੇਰੀ ਸਰਣਾਈ ਆਇਆ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਮਿਲਉ ਦੇਹੁ ਉਪਦੇਸਾ ॥੨॥

ਮਾਨੁ ਨ ਕੀਜੈ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਰੀਜੈ ਕਰੈ ਸੁਭਲਾ ਮਨਾਈਐ ॥

ਸੁਣਿ ਮੀਤਾ ਜੀਉ ਪਿੰਡੁ ਸਭੁ ਤਨੁ ਅਰਪੀਜੈ ਇਉ ਦਰਸਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਜੀਉ ਪਾਈਐ ॥੩॥

ਭਇਓ ਅਨੁਗ੍ਰਹੁ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾ ਹੈ ਮੀਠਾ ॥