In the morning along with the required 5 banis I also read Bhagauti astotar and try increasing my recitation everyday. However I want to add more dasam banis to my nitnem. Are there any apps which I can download which will let me do this. Something with pronunciations in both english and punjabi. Plus how do I invoke the Bir-Rass which these banis contain? Plus is all of dasam bani bir rass bani?

Plus how do I invoke the Bir-Rass which these banis contain?

I consider people who think/suggest that reading bir ras bani alone as a complete method to increase one's more militant/warrior side to be morons (not to suggest that you are doing this btw, I hope not anyway.) Dasmesh pita employed a whole range of techniques to get Sikhs fighting ready which also included: training, hunting, exploring contemporary weaponry, encouraging an adventerous spirit, inculcating a love and respect of arms and actually stepping up to conflicts instead of ducking them. All of this seems to largely missing in the modern incarnation of the Khalsa.

I consider people who think/suggest that reading bir ras bani alone as a complete method to increase one's more militant/warrior side to be morons (not to suggest that you are doing this btw, I hope not anyway.) Dasmesh pita employed a whole range of techniques to get Sikhs fighting ready which also included: training, hunting, exploring contemporary weaponry, encouraging an adventerous spirit, inculcating a love and respect of arms and actually stepping up to conflicts instead of ducking them. All of this seems to largely missing in the modern incarnation of the Khalsa.

Will try outpacing my 'morony' by doing what u say veer ji.

Dally I think the bani is meant to inspire people to train. I think most people know that they are not going to be able to actually fight unless they train themselves.

If they don't know that they'll learn it soon enough. ;)

Dude you'd be surprised at the amount of people I've heard claiming that bani will protect you like a bullet proof vest in violent situations or give you sudden physical strength when needed, like Popeye gets from eating spinach.

Dalsingh, reading bani has chemical effects in the body. If you know how sensitive an organism the human body is you will understand that the release of a few micrograms of chemical hormones can change a persons consciousness. Modern medicine is beginning to understand the psycho-somatic causes of illness and well-being. If you try to understand the word Vir-Rasa you may develop some understanding of how the mechanism works, which understanding, by your comments, seems to be lacking in you.

Vir means brave person, warrior and also semen. It is connected to our word Virility which we have by way of latin. Rasa is juice or essence. In this case the juices are the fluids and chemical essences flowing through our body. So our 10th Guru carried out 'scientific' researches as to what combinations of words and evocation of emotions would increase this chemical Rasa in our human body. Without this basis in the chemical make-up of the human body no amount of training in arms or knowledge would compensate.

^^^

I beg to differ, I believe I do understand how it works. It works in conjunction with a bunch of other stuff.

However, sadly, misapprehensions seem to fuel too many 'planet Pluto' Singhs' wild imaginations leading to all manner of stupid conceptualisations.

Bani has a great affect on a person.If somebody has the gurus Kirpa and they never trained a day in their life they would be able to destroy a whole universe.Im not joking.Training should be done but gurbani is higher than training.Bani can do anything.Im not saying that training is not needed I'm saying that with gurbani anything can happen.

But dasmesh pita didn't just rely on bani for the battles ahead did he.

He simultaneously took very practical steps as I mentioned earlier.

But dasmesh pita didn't just rely on bani for the battles ahead did he.

He simultaneously took very practical steps as I mentioned earlier.

Please read my post again.Im not saying that training is not needed I'm saying that with bani anything can happen.You are implying that only training can help you and that Gurbani can't.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If Bir ras baani paath is done , one does realize the effects . It makes you guiltless and fight for the right cause. It removes the ' kintu - parantu ' in your mind and prepares you mentally. Practicing shastarvidiya helps you physically. War is a game where 2 need allies your body and your mind. Your body will only act if your mind allows .

You are implying that only training can help you and that Gurbani can't.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not trying to play down the importance and benefit of bani, I'd be a scumbag of a Sikh if I did. BUT, plenty of great (nonSikh) warriors have come and gone who didn't read bani.

To try and imply that 'anything can happen' when you read bani in terms of physical prowess is completely contradicted by the well known steps taken by dasmesh pita and frankly planet Pluto territory. All it leads to is idiots making themselves feel comfortable behind the idea that if the shite hits the fan, they can just do bani to make them gain superhuman strength overnight and defeat people who've actually been persistently training and preparing for conflict. This gives people some sort of mental prop to avoid confronting harsh truths and strenuous prepartions - and everyone of us who isn't a moron should be careful not to help fuel such ignorance amongst the community - even unintentionally!

We've become a bit of a joke now because of such thinking and you can tell by the way we get targeted left, right and centre these days. People even casually sexually abusing girls under our very noses because we've become so weak and meek.

I'm not saying don't do bir raas bani, I love it myself. But I am saying have a grip on reality.

Am I saying training is not needed???All I'm saying if Waheguru wanted he can make the skinniest smallest person fight the whole world.It should be a mandatory for everyone to train but with the gurus Kirpa somebody can learn everything overnight.Did sant gurbachan Singh bhindranwale train?No.Do you think he would fight like a lion?Yes.Why?Cause the bani would give him the strength and power.

Did sant gurbachan Singh bhindranwale train?

Yes he did. Plus he kept himself in reasonable shape and not pot bellied like too many Singhs.

Also - remember he took tactical advice from an ex-army commander General Subegh Singh on how to fight in the event of an army attack. He wasn't on planet Pluto.

Yes he did. Plus he kept himself in reasonable shape and not pot bellied like too many Singhs.

Also - remember he took tactical advice from an ex-army commander General Subegh Singh on how to fight in the event of an army attack. He wasn't on planet Pluto.

LoL your talking about sant jarnail Singh bhindranwale.Im talking about sant gyani gurbachan Singh bhindranwale.

Major General Shabeg Singh AVSM and PVSM (1925 – 6 June 1984) was an Indian Army officer noted for his service in training of Mukti Bahini volunteers during the Bangladesh Liberation War, and later for his role in training Sikh militants in their occupation of the Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple) in Amritsar.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shabeg_Singh

Edited by dalsingh101

LoL your talking about sant jarnail Singh bhindranwale.Im talking about sant gyani gurbachan Singh bhindranwale.

My bad. But my point still stands (strongly). lol

Has anyone tried obtaining as much bir ras as possible without training and fighting with bir ras alone?

That doesn't make any sense?

Even Guru Gobind Singh never advocated this.

Edited by dalsingh101

That doesn't make any sense?

Even Guru Gobind Singh never advocated this.

What part of it didn't make sense? It's a simple experiment. Get bir ras as much as you can, mentally, and try brawling with a professional fighter. If bir ras is effective it would immediately become obvious.

As for whether Guru Gobind Singh ji advocated it or not, there are two famous examples of scrawny dudes being blessed by Guru Sahib, and showing awesome skill. There is Bhai Bachittar Singh and Mahant Kirpal Das. Is it bir ras or skill? I don't know. You'd have to experiment or hold some kind of competition to find out.

Edited by BhagatSingh