Sweet Nectar Taste in Mouth From Simran

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

from a list of zen koans found here:https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/zen-buddhism-koan_us_563251dce4b0631799115f3c

When asked why he practiced zen, the student said, “Because I intend to become a Buddha.”
His teacher picked up a brick and started polishing it. The student asked “What are you doing?” The teacher replied, “I am trying to make a mirror.”
“How can you make a mirror by polishing a brick?”
“How can you become Buddha by doing zazen? If you understand sitting Zen, you will know that Zen is not about sitting or lying down. If you want to learn sitting Buddha, know that sitting Buddha is without any fixed form. Do not use discrimination in the non-abiding dharma. If you practice sitting as Buddha, you must kill Buddha. If you are attached to the sitting form, you are not yet mastering the essential principle.”
The student heard this admonition and felt as if he had tasted sweet nectar.

I think this also has to do with advising not to attach yourself to any experience in practice,like tasting sweet nectar.I think another part has to do with ego (this student trying to be Buddha).Trying to be something less than what we already are.We should instead focus on moving to that self realization that we are everything when I means nothing. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest enes trumic

I greet you wonderful people. For the last 3 months I have been feeling sweetness in my mouth. The sweetness increases when I feel blissful in meditation. I'm not a diabetic. I measured my blood sugar level during sweetness in my mouth. The level was fine. I would love to speak directly with Sat1176 Senior Jathedar|Vada Jathedar|Vadi Jathedar. You can contact me on my website. www.etfriends.global or on FB.https://www.facebook.com/etprijatelj.enestrumic Thank you all.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:45 AM, Guest enes trumic said:

I greet you wonderful people. For the last 3 months I have been feeling sweetness in my mouth. The sweetness increases when I feel blissful in meditation. I'm not a diabetic. I measured my blood sugar level during sweetness in my mouth. The level was fine. I would love to speak directly with Sat1176 Senior Jathedar|Vada Jathedar|Vadi Jathedar. You can contact me on my website. www.etfriends.global or on FB.https://www.facebook.com/etprijatelj.enestrumic Thank you all.

If your experiencing it then just accept it with reverence and swallow. Consider it as one of your fruits of meditation. 

God bless

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Mooorakh said:

There are levels in sweetness of mouth as well👍. Only one who has tasted  can express.... I am amazed

Amazing , guru sahib ji di kirpa 🙏🏽, reading something like this motivates mind to do bhagti and exercise control over indriyas. 

If you don’t mind how much time per day is Guru Sahib ji making you do Naam Simran ? Please do share. I am only at 1.5 hrs per day on average. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Amazing , guru sahib ji di kirpa 🙏🏽, reading something like this motivates mind to do bhagti and exercise control over indriyas. 

If you don’t mind how much time per day is Guru Sahib ji making you do Naam Simran ? Please do share. I am only at 1.5 hrs per day on average. Thanks. 

Ha ha.. I am sorry but i am the wrong person to ask this question. I may demotivate you, if I answer this question honestly. Please don't follow me on this. I am very irregular and bad at sitting for Simran particularly. 

I love Banis more. Listen to katha etc. But simran i have just started listening to simran audios to make me sit for simran and I dose off pretty easily. So i am sorry please don't follow me. 

Try doing it all day as Simranjeet singh ji says while working, travelling, walking, driving - whatever you do.

((Hath  paa-o kar kaam sabh cheet niranjan naal. ||213|| With your hands and feet, do all your work, but let your consciousness remain in his feet all the time)) 

waheguru! 🙏

44 minutes ago, Mooorakh said:

Try doing it all day as Simranjeet singh ji says while working, travelling, walking, driving - whatever you do.

Hanji, I did ask him regarding how much how I should do lol, he said the same thing. Outside the sitting time, Mostly I get time when I am driving but usually I forget at other times. So I need to inculcate that. 

But congratulations on getting the Amrit Rass 🙏🏽🙏🏽

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Guest Wjkk wjkf said:

Same happened with me .Can i get your number..

That's good. Just keep swallowing it and take it as Waheguru's parshaad. 🙏

Waheguru ji, I don’t share my number because I don’t feel like I’m of any high avasta to be able to guide others. That comes with great responsibility and one must know exactly what they are doing. Playing with people’s spiritual lives is no joke. If I know of something then I’ll share here as will others who come forward in a general capacity.

There are plenty of gurmukhs now available who openly welcome 1 to 1 guidance and I humbly request you reach out to one of them. Try on gurmat meditation who I would recommend you try first. See other thread on how to connect to their platform.

• 7 months later...
Guest Bhaskar Tilak
On 10/10/2013 at 12:10 PM, Sat1176 said:

I'm going to start a new topic for this sensation and see if we can document what the different meditation practices say it is. There are references to this phenomenon in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji so we will accept it existence. Secondly I will confirm first hand as already stated in the experience topic that this sensation has been happening to me for quite a while. Initially it lasted for only a couple of days then went away, then it came back again and it stayed a bit longer and so on. Now it has got to the stage for the past month or so where I'm experiencing it all day everyday.

So let's start....

How do you know if you have Entered a state of meditation?

How do you determine, then, if you have reached a state of meditation? In fact, there are three responses that indicate this state of mind, and they are easily determined during or right after your Dahn Yoga class.

Firstly, sweet saliva pools in your mouth. This phenomenon occurs when you are relaxed and the water energy in your spinal cord and brain flows smoothly.

Conversely, anyone with nervous tension can probably remember having a dry mouth. This means that your mind was not able to maintain a meditative state and that water energy doesnt flow well in your body and brain. In fact, the incredible taste of the tea after class is due to the sweet saliva in your mouth produced by the Dahn Yoga exercise!

Secondly, your head becomes cool and your lower belly becomes warm. This is the effect of Water Up Fire Down, a phenomenon in which water energy from the kidneys circulates upward to the head and fire energy from your head and chest flows downward. This same phenomenon also brings warmth to your hands and feet.

Thirdly, a smile spreads across your face. This means that idle and negative thoughts and emotions have decreased and youve reached a positive state of awareness. This is reflected in your smile after Dahn Yoga classesa smile that is purely natural and authentic because it bursts automatically from your heart without thought or judgment.

If you have experienced these conditions after a Dahn Yoga class, it means that you did indeed enter a meditative state. These three ways of checking the state of your mind and condition will be a helpful reminder for you to bring focus and energy back to your body, your dahnjon, and your smile!

http://www.dahnyoga.com/community/news_and_articles_details.aspx?id=1764

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge you have gained through practice. 

I am not sure if it is correct forum for me to express it here as I do not follow Sikh faith albeit I follow hindu faith. 

However past few days I am experiencing sweet saliva just below tounge after Gayatri japa.

I don't know what does it mean. As it is first time for me. 

1 hour ago, Guest Bhaskar Tilak said:

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge you have gained through practice. 

I am not sure if it is correct forum for me to express it here as I do not follow Sikh faith albeit I follow hindu faith. 

However past few days I am experiencing sweet saliva just below tounge after Gayatri japa.

I don't know what does it mean. As it is first time for me. 

Welcome to the forum brother.

You can join this forum, even if you are a non-Sikh and express your opinions in a respectful manner.

There is a Gayatri Jaap in our religion too. How long have you been reciting the Jaap?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

Guest Bhaskar
On 10/13/2013 at 3:00 AM, Sat1176 said:

Just did a blood diabetes test and my reading is in the normal range. Phew.

Conclusion : must be experiencing amrit nectar from above.

Waheguru.

Haha good 🙏🙏👍

I Feel like doing same test to diagnose this puzzle of sweet test

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Alexis
Nice blog here! Also your site loads up very fast!
What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host?
I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol aid ukraine