Gurmantar Or Mool Mantar?

It will at least give me peace.

Ok I see. Look inside and see what is going on in response to those external events. What happens in the mind?

While you focus on that question, I just wana say, be clear about your goal. Spell it out in clear terms and repeat them to yourself often, write it down if you need to. For me "My goal is that I wana keep my cool and create a positive state inside and a positive environment around me." Come up with a clear goal.

Peace is not clear enough, you have to clarify exactly what it is you want. So my second question is, how do you define peace? (Not as a definition, but as an internal state.)

Ok I see. Look inside and see what is going on in response to those external events. What happens in the mind?

While you focus on that question, I just wana say, be clear about your goal. Spell it out in clear terms and repeat them to yourself often, write it down if you need to. For me "My goal is that I wana keep my cool and create a positive state inside and a positive environment around me." Come up with a clear goal.

Peace is not clear enough, you have to clarify exactly what it is you want. So my second question is, how do you define peace? (Not as a definition, but as an internal state.)

You ask a lot of questions lol.Ill answer then when I get home.

It's good sign, let it go keep doing it. Vahiguroo - supreme consciouness is taking over or drawing you in more..very good sign. Keep doing simran ignore these things but if you cannot just observe these things as witness but don't become attached to nitty gritty details like these, keep moving fwd with simran- sky(awareness) is not concerned about clouds appearing and disappearing

Singh123456777 ji, you should just continue with even more devotion as N30ji advises.

I too, used to ask so many questions to myself when i was trying to steady myself on the path. Even now, i still do, But my outlook is much different.

My first ever bhagti attempts were doing 10,000 mool mantars over 10 days. I did these on 4/5 occasions throughout my student years. You know when your studying and it comes to exam time and you get desperate ?

Well, I was a naughty boy for a long time, but waheguru kept blessing me with whatever i asked for. It's now, years later that I realise what fool i was and how my relation with satguru was purely selfish and conditioned.

I was only ever good and japped naam when I needed to pass or I needed to pass to move on, the rest of the time , i was up to no good.

I understand having the same thirst and hunger you have, and i always pray to Waheguru, that this thirst be continued because it's the only thing that keeps me on the straight.

I have eventually realised but i still have to keep reminding myself that we all have our own individual experiences on this path.

The swaying you mention is a good sign, because it's your body trying to tune in from what I reckon.

Keep the bharosah, because waheguru will just surprise you every time when the blessings of kirpa come to you.

For a long time, I was also very reluctant to talk about my progress and experiences. I think this is one of the first things i was told...""to keep gupt, or it will stop''

In all honesty, i still feel the same in a way because i don't actually talk about it to anyone in person except my wife. Even she doesn't ask or invade into this privacy of spiritual space, although I have absolutely no problem sharing with her. She knows and understands what my true priorities and purposes are.

ANyhow, I feel it's OK to talk about in on internet because i don't know anyone in person and no one knows me either (in physical life). The privacy and personalization is still maintained in the terms of my mind and i don't think i would have got as far if i had not learned from others doing the same and exposing my progress as well at the same time.

However, with this in mind, I do feel quite disciplined to not meet or liaise with any members in person at this stage and i have had to disregard a few invitations for active/real life communication in the past. I suppose it's just weakness of one my fears that i can't conquer !!

But yes, feel free to ask questions and contribute your walk or climb.

I say climb, because i often think of myself as trying to climb a mountain where i am at the bottom just trying to reach for the top. But i have to be in the right little spot where God throws down the rope to climb.

Now, that he has blessed me with the rope, i have the duty to hang on tight and carry on climbing. And believe me, like anyone on a rope, there are many times when i just end up stuck at the same altitude and swing from side to side very vigorously. The thirst of trying to get to the top is what keeps my grip tight and i beg that i don't get tempted by the grease of my chor and maya, so that my grip loosens away. It's always a matter of grabbing even tighter and then waiting for it to get steady, until i begin climbing again.

Edited by Lucky

I was told never to sway body or rock ones head during simran. If you connect with the Shabad you might sometimes experience a jolt or shake. This will only be magnified if your already rocking. Still body still mind....

I believe that i heard the same from somewhere............i can't remember if i read it or someone told me. But i think it's when the vibrations begin to start, because you get tempted to rock to and fro or sway. I think i acknowledged it and immediately focused on keeping upright and still whilst focusing on breath and jap.

My goal now is mostly to try and get my SURAT as DEEP within as possible. So deep, that I no longer hear or feel what is happening on the outer layers of body.On the other hand, I have also had the ideas of trying to be weightless, blended in with the atmosphere around me and being the outer observer at the same time...!

I don't know if any of these manners is more wrong or correct, but keeping still is a must for both.

Just try whatever you feel is easier as long as you are steady.

Edited by Lucky

• 2 years later...

Waheguru ji ki Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh 

i would like to share my problem im serious sick im suffering with whole body pain, so many time doctor check my body so many test but nothing found in test.. nothing do medicine if i take any pain killer or pain reviler that's good but after again start my problem .  i try all type of medicine like Allopathic., Homeopathic, Ayuarvidice  , .. the effect of pain killer on my eyes or my kidney........ 

i want to know from u please suggest me what i do... i want freedom from this pain.... im happy if God call me directly to near..... 

If u have kind of suggestion please send me e-mail my e-mail is kbe.jsaab@gamil.com

Thanks Stay Blessed 

4 hours ago, jasbir saab said:

i would like to share my problem im serious sick im suffering with whole body pain, so many time doctor check my body so many test but nothing found in test.. nothing do medicine if i take any pain killer or pain reviler that's good but after again start my problem .  i try all type of medicine like Allopathic., Homeopathic, Ayuarvidice  , .. the effect of pain killer on my eyes or my kidney........ 

i want to know from u please suggest me what i do... i want freedom from this pain.... im happy if God call me directly to near..... 

If u have kind of suggestion please send me e-mail my e-mail is kbe.jsaab@gamil.com

Thanks Stay Blessed 

I am really sorry for the pain you have to go through. I watched this documentary long time ago, it's based on real life incidences. It's about power of Gurbani. Watch it for sure. 

They have something called naam aukhad camp I think, try it out if docs are not helping. I don't know how much faith you have on gurbani but I will give you two personal ones since it will increase your faith maybe.
A Fam friends relative was suffering so much and doctor pretty much told he got few days. The whole family started doing paath of sukhmani sahib ji by turns or together, it was non stop since they were desperate. Anybody who came to their house they would request if the person join them in paath. Pretty soon man recovered and now he's healthy and living.
I recently got into a severe depression which lasted for 4 or 5 months, that was so bad like a freakin black cloud sat on my mind and kept saying let's see how you smile or eat today. one day I woke up in stress and chose to get rid of this crappy black cloud and I spent whole day doing nothing but paath of sukhmani sahib ji. I did many of it and I also fasted just to relieve some pain. 36 hours of fasting and 11 paath of sukhmani sahib in a day changed me, like to an extent I have no words to describe. It's been 3 weeks since I did that and my negative thinking is only 5% which is nothing when I used to be100% depressed lol. The amount of love I have for sukhmani sahib ji, I can't describe it. 
I have done sukhmani sahib paath before too and have given the water which I place front of it to dad many times and 95% he stayed calm after drinking. It helped him to stay calm too otherwise we go through jagrata most of the time and not a fun one lol. 
These are just some of my personal experiences with sukhmani sahib ji. Might increase your belief in gurbani. You can do anything, whether meditation, naam simran or reading gurbani. You can try hypnosis, reiki, acupuncture or other alternative things if medicine and Ayurveda failed. 
In the end, everything comes down to what we believe. I Know easier said than done, I am struggling with mind over matter thing too :(. But nothing wrong with trying something. 
Contact the naam aukhad camp, they do a lot of camp in India and canada I think, I have seen a lot of their videos and those are real people with real problems. Again I am sorry for what you have to go through, pain sucks whether physical or emotional. It's time to sign a petition to god that pain should be substituted with something easy .

6 hours ago, jasbir saab said:

Thanks Stay Blessed 

Jasbir Saab jee, please try the below:

insomnia.thumb.jpg.b01aaa066d2449a47d95d

Bhul chuk maaf

8 hours ago, jasbir saab said:

Thanks Stay Blessed 

Have you taken Amrit Paaji?

Have you heard of Sri Sampat Paath?

Please do not give hope. There is not a single problem that exists, which Gurbani cannot solve.

Anyways, if you prefer to talk only via email, please let me know.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 5 years later...

The most important thing is to use a mantra you can use while working or studying. We only do paath maybe one hour every day, but the Guru is clear that we should do Naam simran every moment of our lives. When you do paath, Naam will automatically enter your mind. Use that mantra that comes naturally. Waheguru does not care if you call on Waheguru, Ram, Har Har, or Allah, in his eyes, a Hindu and Muslim are the same, and there is only Sat Nam. If you watch the most accomplished people in society carefully, you will notice that most of them do Naam Simran alot. At the very top of modern society, many do Naam Simran without ceasing. In the future, more and more people will copy them, because they will want that level of success in their lives. They save themselves and others along with them by doing this. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.