(((( ATTITUDE PROBLEM ))))

What do you think about your Attitude towards Life?  

1. 1.

• Optimistic to the core!!
    • Pessimistic...

GOD, Does He Exist???

A man went to a barber shop to have his hair and his

beard cut as always. He started to have a good

conversation with the barber who attended him. They

talked about so many things and various subjects.

Suddenly, they touched the subject of God.

The barber said: "Look man, I don't believe that God

exists as you say so."

"Why do you say that?" - asked the client.

"Well, it's so easy, you just have to go out in the

street to realize that God does not exist. Oh, tell

me, if God existed, would there be so many sick

people? Would there be abandoned children?" If God

existed, there would be no suffering nor pain. I can't

think of a God who permits all of these things."

The client stopped for a moment thinking, but he

didn't want to respond so as to prevent an argument.

The barber finished his job and the client went out of

the shop. Just after he left the barber shop he saw a

man in the street with a long hair and beard (it

seemed that it had been a long time since he had his

cut and he looked so untidy).

Then the client again entered the barber shop and he

said to the barber: "Know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How come they don't exist?"- asked the barber. "Well,

I am here and I am a barber."

"No!" - the client exclaimed. "They don't exist

because if they did, there would be no people with

long hair and beard like that man who walks in the

street."

"Ah, barbers do exist, what happens is that people do

not come to me."

"Exactly!"- affirmed the client. "That's the point.

God does exist, what happens is people don't go to Him

and do not look for Him; that's why there's so much

pain and suffering in the world."

• 2 months later...

One day, there was a blind man sitting on the steps of a building with a hat by his feet and a sign that read:"I am blind, please help".

A creative publicist was walking by him and stopped to observe - he only had a few coins in his hat, he dropped a few more coins in his hat and without asking for his permission took the sign, turned it around, and wrote another announcement.

He placed the sign by his feet and left. That afternoon the creative publicist returned by the blind man and noticed that his hat was full of bills and coins. The blind man recognized his footsteps and asked if it was him who had re-written his sign and he wanted to know what did he write on it?

The publicist responded: "Nothing that was not true, I just rewrote your sign differently". He smiled and went on his way.

The blind man never knew but his new sign read : "TODAY IS SPRING AND I CANNOT SEE IT".

Thought

Change your strategy when something does not go your way and you'll see it will probably be for the best. Have faith that every change is best for our lives. Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts.

Have you ever noticed how the way you feel about yourself sometimes depends on whether or not you get confirmation of your value from others? When you enter into challenging situations with a positive self identity you will discover that you are living your life with a greater sense of enjoyment and fulfillment.

I have learned a lot about nurturing a positive identity of love and appreciation from the man who taught me to train dogs. Dogs and humans both have a "self identity" that determines perception of the world, behavior, and one's sense of self worth. Let me explain how my teacher nurtured a positive self identity in the dogs he trained.

Frank had a very fascinating way of helping the guard dogs he trained, to feel respected, protected and loved, regardless of the situation/context they were in. Here is how he accomplished this. First of course, he started out by treating his dogs with love and respect, and by showing them an infinite amount of patience as they were learning. This of course is crucial.

Then, the next thing he did was a true stroke of genius. He would cut a small piece of carpet for each dog he trained. He would place the carpet in the dog's sleeping area, for him to lay on each night. He would also take this carpet during the day and set it down in various locations, and sit the dog on the carpet, as he praised the dog for being good. Whenever he moved to a new location, he would have the dog stand up, and he would pick up the carpet and carry it to the new location, set it down, sit the dog down, and again, praise the dog for being a "good boy." Soon the piece of carpet took on the distinct odor of the dog, and Frank said that this led the dog to feel "at home" when sitting on the carpet.

Next, Frank would teach the dog to pick up the piece of carpet himself, and carry it to wherever they were going. The dog would then set the piece of carpet down when they stopped, and sit on top of it, with Frank all of the time praising him for being a good dog. Now Frank said, "The dog begins to feel that he truly belongs in every place that he travels to, and no matter where he goes, he receives my love and appreciation. Soon the dog takes on this love and appreciation as the primary core of his identity."

And I ask you now, if this strategy works so brilliantly with dogs, would the same basic strategy not work just as well with human beings? Ask youself, "What is the small piece of carpet you carry around with you wherever you go?" "Would your life not be very different if you changed your piece of carpet to one of self love and appreciation?"

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year-old son waiting for him at the door.

Son: "Daddy, may I ask you a question"

Daddy: "Yeah sure, what it is?"

Son: "Dad, how much do you make an hour"

Daddy: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?" that man said angrily .

Son: "I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"

Daddy: "I make Rs. 500 an hour"

"Oh", the little boy replied, with his head down. Looking up, he said,"Dad, may I please borrow Rs. 300?"

The father was furious, "if the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or other nonsense, then march yourself to your room and go to bed. Think why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior"

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions.How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and

started to think:"May be there was something he really

needed to buy with that Rs. 300 and he really didn't ask for money very often!" The man went to the door of little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep, son?"

He asked."No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, may be I was too hard on you earlier", said the man,"It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the Rs.300 you asked for".

The little boy sat straight up, smiling "oh thank you dad!" He yelled.Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled some crippled up notes.The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again.

The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father.

"Why do you want money if you already had some?" the father grumbled. "Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied."Daddy I have Rs. 500 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you"

MORAL

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could Easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family. An unwise investment indeed!

You know what's the full word of FAMILY?

• 3 months later...

The mind always wants judgment, which sometimes could be uncomfortable also. Be very, very courageous, don't stop growing, live in the moment; simply stay in the flow of life.

This story happened in the days of Lao Tzu in China:

There was an old man in a village, very poor, but even kings were jealous of him because he had a beautiful white horse. Kings offered fabulous prices for the horse, but the man would say, "This horse is not a horse to me, he is a person. And how can you sell a person, a friend?" The man was poor, but he never sold the horse.

One morning, he found that the horse was not in the stable. The whole village gathered and they said, "You foolish old man! We knew that someday the horse would be stolen. It would have been better to sell it. What a misfortune! "

The old man said, "Don't go so far as to say that. Simply say that the horse is not in the stable. This is the fact; everything else is a judgment. Whether it is a misfortune or a blessing I don't know, because this is just a fragment. Who knows what is going to follow it?"

People laughed at the old man. They had always known that he was a little crazy. But after fifteen days, suddenly one night the horse returned. He had not been stolen; he had escaped into the wild. And not only that, he brought a dozen wild horses with him.

Again the people gathered and they said, "Old man, you were right. This was not a misfortune, it has indeed proved to be a blessing."

The old man said, "Again you are going too far. Just say that the horse is back . . . who knows whether it is a blessing or not? It is only a fragment. You read a single word in a sentence-how can you judge the whole book?"

This time the people could not say much, but inside they knew that he was wrong. Twelve beautiful horses had come. The old man had an only son who started to train the wild horses. Just a week later he fell from a horse and his legs were broken. The people gathered again and again they judged. They said, "Again you proved right! It was a misfortune. Your only son has lost the use of his legs, and in your old age he was your only support. Now you are poorer than ever."

The old man said, "You are obsessed with judgment". Don't go that far. Say only that my son has broken his legs. Nobody knows whether this is a misfortune or a blessing. Life comes in fragments and more is never given to you."

It happened that after a few weeks the country went to war, and all the young men of the town were forcibly taken for the military. Only the old man's son was left, because he was crippled. The whole town was crying and weeping, because it was a losing fight and they knew most of the young people would never come back. They came to the old man and they said, "You were right, old man-this has proved a blessing. Maybe your son is crippled, but he is still with you. Our sons are gone forever."

The old man said again, "You go on and on judging. Nobody knows! Only say this that your sons have been forced to enter into the army and my son has not been forced. But only God, the total, knows whether it is a blessing or a misfortune."

'Judge ye not'-otherwise you will never become one with the total. With fragments you will be obsessed, with small things you will jump to conclusions. In fact, the journey never ends. One path ends, another begins: one door closes another opens. You reach a peak; a higher peak is always there. God is an endless journey. Only those who are so courageous that they don't bother about the goal but are content with the journey, content just to live the moment and grow into it, only those are able to walk with the total.

"May God bless whole Humanity"