I Had A Thought

Singh123456777

Last night I was laying in my bed waiting for sleep to overcome me and I started thinking about my children I would have in the future.I was thinking how I would raise them and how they would pass that knowledge to their children.Then I started thinking about my grand kids and how I would teach them what I knew and how they would pass their knowledge to their children.

Then I realized I might not see my great grand kids.I will probably be too old and I would die.It was a shock to me to tell my mind that I will eventually die.I tell myself almost everyday that we are all going to die someday but that's just normal talk.I never really actually pondered or think about me really die.Everybody knows there gonna die but they never realize it till its too late.I realized that I'm gonna die.

Last night it made me sad that time goes by so quick.I will die in a matter of seconds cause in reality there is no time and space.I pondered this revelation this whole day and it made me sad.My family,friends,etc will be gone in no time.This whole world will be gone in no time.These stars and planets that we think are real will be gone.The only thing that won't change will be waheguru.

My whole point about this post was to make us realize that we have only have a handful of days so make use of it by worshiping Akaal purkh.I never realized before and many of us dont really realize it.Just ponder over the thought that we are going to die.We are going to die and there is no escaping it.The likes of shiva,brahma,Vishnu all got caught in the noose of death so if they died how would we survive?We are nothing compared to them.

When the hukam of Akaal purkh comes we just have to accept it.Who knows I might die tomorrow.When the letter of waheguru comes we must be ready to accept it.We must leave this old body.There will be no one with us when we leave this body.

I know it's a shock to finnally realize that we are gonna die.I know it was for me!Its still a shock to me even as I write this but a new sensation came out of me after the realization.That sensation ,that feeling is longing.What am I longing?Well the answer is simple.Its waheguru!I never felt a longing like this before.It only get quenched when I jap his name.Tears of sadness and joy fill my face at the same time but hopefully they become bairaag and tears of happiness and fill me that I am closer to death and meeting death my groom.In due time hopefully I would want for death to come but I'm still at a low stage and at this stage I'm scared to die.Its all Akaal purkhs hukam.

If you guys took time to read the whole post I thank you for reading a worthless fools rant about thoughts etc.

P.S:Any more input would be great :)

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

As for passing on your knowledge and wisdom you should contemplate on how your elders past knowledge onto you and incorporate those ideas into your upbringing of your children. As for seeing your great grand-kids, I don't know if you know this but due to the success of science, invention of antibiotics and ease of spread, humans are actually living longer. We have developed techniques to tackle nearly every illness. People used to die of heart attacks now we can diagnose it, give medication, to by-pass surgery, fit pass makers, and the whole heart transplant thing is getting better. People are working on stem cell research in a limited way to figure out ways to grow a new organ to replace a failing one and it's possible near the end of our lifetimes these solutions will be possible. People are seeing their great grandchildren some even further to another generation something which was impossible in the past. The whole long life thing is going so well that certain bodies are afraid of human over population of the planet and lack of resources then for those younger children.

I advise you watch he movie Robin William's Bicentennial Man

There are a few things to understand that as you get older life does start to get bitter, you outgrow your loved ones they die, you have achieved most of your dreams and losing meaning for life, you lose the meaning to wake up everyday for something to achieve. You see things fade away, you contemplate the past and the good old days. You don't fit into the times and lose your circle. As you get older as sheikh farid says he became an old man and his body started to tremble. Your health departs, your sense of well-being becomes thin. Your hair is white and you lost your youth, the elixir of life loses it's zest, your libido dies your taste for the ras of foods and life goes away. Your meaning of existence goes. So death isn't that bad, it's okay to depart since your body the vessel and you have had your time.

That's one way to die with old age another is through an accident or murder or simply in young age where you haven't achieved your ambitions but what you got to do with that idea of how temporary life is, to try and make the most of the time you have, live every moment, live everyday as it is the last and die in each moment so that you can be reborn in the next. Death is taboo to speak about, some people get angry contemplating it and lash out on people who try to come to terms with mortality that we have to pass on and it's the only exact truth of life.

Guru gave the meaning of bhagti as the ultimate meaning of life but a huge part of our bhagti is our grist, our families, our work, our careers and the people around us who are our sangat. Once you die you will know the truth even if it is exactly nothing and if it is nothing there is no risk factor of punishment. All of us might not grow to become old but to die in our youth in happiness isn't all bad sometimes the accidental deaths can be quick and more humane deaths then slowly passing away as your organs slowly shut down and you die slowly and painfully. As for the positive side of thing such as our descendants we got to realise we should be good examples for them and should constantly refine, redeem and reform our behaviour patterns to be excellent human beings. Edited by JatherdarSahib

Dear Singh Jee,

whatever you have commented about your feelings...do not worry about them, they are nothing, but just natural human feelings.

We are not made of stone or iron, but of flesh, bones and blood, and we have been given a big heart, to love our near and dear ones, and above all, the giver of all the unvaluable blessings we have received, who is none other than Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Whatever you have written, is just what it goes through, each and every being as a parent.

The same goes with me. Just as you said, me too. today evening while returning from work, I was remebering my son...thinking that one day I shall not be here anymore ...then I was thinking, I will miss hugging him and kissing him, and believe me, as a parent to go through that feeling, is very painful. I love children, but my own one is dearest to me...children are gifts from Him to us parents, if viewed in the correct sense.

The feeling one gets, by hugging and kissing one´s child...sorry to say, not even one´s spouse is comparable...that feeling is something different...I would say of a different world...even watchig him doing anything is a lovely scene.

And I thank the Lord, by giving me such a lovely and a adorable child. He is almost a man now, but for me he is the same little child I used to hold in my arms when smaller.

I often repeat teasing him, by telling him... you are so sweet, that even if all the skies were full of sweets or chocolates...even then, you are sweeter than all that.

And then, he turns around and tells me, no no, not me but you are sweeter ...and this is how we have been keeping our relation,as friends...we are more friends than a father and a son...though the respect is there

Nature has given us these instincts, of being protective, lovers and caretakers of our children..we are helpless.

Once somebody was asking a Mahapurush, that he was so busy in his daily chorus of work, family and other occupations, that he was sorry, but did not find time to do abhyaas...So the Mahapurush told him...that, not because of our temporary worldly relations we should forget our heavenly Father, who is waiting since a long long time, since ages, for (we)His child, to return back to Him. We have some duties towards Him also. (these are not the exactly words, but the idea behind it, should be kept in view).

The fear and sadness you mention, and we not being on a higher level, is also verily true with almost all of us. But with patience and constant efforts, we can overcome this stage.

As the Bani says, meditate on the fearless(Nirbhav, Nirankar Akal Purukh), and you too shall become fearless.

Do we know why will it be so?

Because then, by His Simran, we shall turn from limited to unlimited like Him...with all His wisdom, with all His maturity, with all His majesty...so naturally we shall not miss anything.

Though frankly speaking, as a limited being at my present stage...sometimes I have thought and prayed Him, dear Wahiguru, in all those big universes and skies...don´t you ever feel lonely .... If ever you feel so, do come to me, I will take care of you, give You company, and love You, and give You such big hugs and kisses, that I will make you enter my heart and keep you thight there for me alone..

Then I laugh at myself and say, how can you think so of Him, as per human terms ... the thing is, He wants to turn us, from limited to unlimited like Him, while we want to make Him, from unlimited to limited ... like us.

Wah wah sachay Badshah

Edited by harsharan000

I think you guys missed my point.What I was trying to get at is that one day we are gonna die.

I started to think about my kids that I'm gonna have in the future(I still don't have children lol) and how I was gonna raise them etc.I wasn't sad that's children were gonna miss me etc i was shocked and sad that I was going to die.I never realized it truley before until that time.It was a shocker.This post wasn't even about my kids lol.This post is to tell us about have less time on this earth to do the Bhagti of akaal purkh.Read my previous post again.

I think you guys missed my point.What I was trying to get at is that one day we are gonna die.

I started to think about my kids that I'm gonna have in the future(I still don't have children lol) and how I was gonna raise them etc.I wasn't sad that's children were gonna miss me etc i was shocked and sad that I was going to die.I never realized it truley before until that time.It was a shocker.This post wasn't even about my kids lol.This post is to tell us about have less time on this earth to do the Bhagti of akaal purkh.Read my previous post again.

Well coming to terms to mortality shouldn't leave you upset. I personally wouldn't want to be immortal forever transient forever having to live with great regret built over time from continuous mistakes and bad memories.

We should start doing Bhagti of akaal purkh cause in no time we are gone form this life.

What if we were wrong and there is no reincarnation, no afterlife- just entertain that thought and then ask yourself would the life you lived be one worth it all; that is if you had some sort of temporary transient experience to contemplate without any eternal aspect. Was the life you lived worth it all?

What if we were wrong and there is no reincarnation, no afterlife- just entertain that thought and then ask yourself would the life you lived be one worth it all; that is if you had some sort of temporary transient experience to contemplate without any eternal aspect. Was the life you lived worth it all?

Lets focus on your example for a moment now.Your saying is it worth it all if none of the reincarnation stories Etc are real.In my honest opinion it would be worth it.I didn't at least waste my life by being an alcoholic,druggie,sexual filled person,hurtful person,hateful person etc ,I would still try to live a sikhi life and I wouldn't want to hurt anybody.Doesnt sikhi teach us be good to humanity?Help humanity?So even if there was no meaning in the end at least I would live a good life.

Does that answer your question.

It seems like you don't believe in reincarnation or afterlife etc.

I believe in reincarnation,afterlife etc but if you don't I will not argue with you cause your entitled to your own opinion.

Well coming to terms to mortality shouldn't leave you upset. I personally wouldn't want to be immortal forever transient forever having to live with great regret built over time from continuous mistakes and bad memories.

Im not upset upset with me dying.It was more of a shock cause I never really realized it before.For example I say "of course I'm gonna die" many times but i didn't really think about it hard.When I did I was shocked to realize that I have such a short time so I should start my Bhagti.What in my life did I accomplish spirituality wise?Im gonna die so soon then what would be my excuse to tell the dharam raja why I didn't do Bhagti in my lifetime.

On 1/13/2014 at 3:42 PM, Singh123456777 said:

We should start doing Bhagti of akaal purkh cause in no time we are gone form this life.

Life is too short, we just never know when !!!

I'm saying that because I know what you mean.

In my own experience, I can remember having the same kind of fearful feelings you are mentioning. The fear of not being able to do what I am really here for before it is too late..etc.

I think that when you start climbing up the naam simran ladder, you get to a stage where you think ''what the hell was i fearing for?''

You will realise that the TRUE you is NOT the body that dies, so why fear the loss of this body which is a time limited entity ?

I'm not sure what you know about the 5 layers of koshas or sheaths that make our body. But the yogic philosophers also believe that the negative energies that weigh us down also act on these koshas directly and are termed the 'Kleshas'

Have a look at the below to get a little idea. I am no expert in the area, but I have come across the 5 koshas a few times in the forums and then i was just trying to relate them to auras, aural attachments and energies,(I usually mess around trying to link and make sense of stuff!!) when i came across the below interesting link -

http://juliank.com/english/aura-body/files-aura/five_koshas__the_five_kleshas/five_koshas__the_five_kleshas.htm

My advice and conclusion from some researching and experience is that if you build up your naam simran/meditation, then you can Raise the vibration of your own auras and layers.

In turn, this should help in fighting negative energies/fears/worries...etc.. from bringing you down.

Raising your vibration can also help you practice killing your ego for moments at a time, where in effect you experience the death of 'you' the 'Ego' !!

I have the fear that I don't want to be born again and subsequently go through death again ..ie..the 84 lak joon cycles of birth and death.

As Kabirji says in one of my favourite shabads-

kabira marta jag muya marbi na jane koi. Aisi marni jo mare bahur na marna hoye. ||1||
Kabir, the world is dying - dying to death, but no one knows how to truly die. Whoever dies, let him die such a death, that he does not have to die again. ||1||

Very well stated by Veer Singh and Veer Lucky,

In the tuk of Kabir Sahib, the message He wants to convey us, is, that everybody has a natural death, but we can learn to die in a manner, that we may not have to be born again.

We may ask, what is that. Well according to these Gurmukhs, when we do Nam Simran or Abhyaas, our attention is focused within ourselves, on the reality of Shabad or Nam. For that time being, we may appear as dead to the world, as all our senses and physicall activity is stopped for that time being. Our eyes are closed as we see the inner light, our ears do not hear the world, as the attention is after the inner Divine Melody, we do not walk nor do we eat or do anything else....

In that sense, we are dead to the world...we have withdrawn our attention and focused it within, the mind is engaged in Simran also.

This rehearsal of dying daily, means daily practice, or Kamaee of Nam, helps us to overcome the fear of death gradually...so that when we have to leave this world at our appointed time, we go fearless, and without any pain or trauma...morover, with Nam Abyaas, we shall come to know the exact time, we shall have to leave this world, before the real death takes place ... we can check so with the lives of Gurmukhs...not that all of them go on revealing these realities, but somehow, sometimes, out of their mauj, they give some hints.

That is also what the Bani says: Prabh ke Simran, garbh na baseh. It is the same as what Kabir Sahib states above, but just with different words.

So we see. Gurmukhs can be of different places and times, but their essence of teachings, are same....all of them stress only on the ultimate reality, which is Nam, and merging in that Nam, with the jugtee of, its Simran.

P:S: all our relations are karmic, and limited within the spheres of mind. Once the soul, discards its coverings, bodies: gross, astral and causal, and the bondage with the mind is broken with the help of Nam, and becomes pure soul alone, it just wants to go back at its Nijh Ghar Sach Khand, as soon as possible.

Edited by harsharan000

In accordance to this present topic, Sree Guru Angad Dev Maharaj, enlightens us, with these His following beautiful and ambrosial words:

Akhi bajoh vekhna, vin kanna sunana,

Paira bajoh chalna, vin hatha karna;

Jibhai bajoh bolna, iyo jivat marna,

Nanak hukam pachhan kai, tau khasmal milna.

He says that:

To see without eyes, and to hear without ears,

To walk without feet, and to work without hands;

To talk without the tongue, this dying while living,

By knowing His command, O Nanak, does the man find the Lord.

Though the words are simple and clear, but they carry a deep spiritual message, which if followed, can give us the redemption from this Bhavsagar.

His words as usual in the words of any Gurmukh, points out the ultimate Reality, which is Wahiguru, and not only that, but also the way to unite ourselves with that ultimate Reality.

He is cleary pointing towards the practice of Nam Simran. He says that when you do the kamaee of Nam, through its Simran, you enter into a state of a higher level of Consciousness.

Once there, you see without eyes, means the inner Jot or Light can be seen without these our physical eyes; we can hear the inner Shabad, without these our physical ears.

We can walk without feet, means we travel in the Boat of Nam, we work without hands, means, there we we do the real seva, the seva of Akal Purukh, which is real devotion done without the need of hands, as we do not need any rituals or dogmas there, which are limited to this planet earth.

Then He says: we talk without the tongue, because we talk with the tongue of our mind, which is engaged in His Simran. And anyone having put into practice or action this jugtee of devtion, is as good as dead to the world, because he is has now begun to live and stay in those higher planes of Consciousness(more often in a state of samadhi).

And so in the end He says, by knowing and practicing this only real devotion which Wahiguru accepts from us as the only valid one, O Nanak, one thus realizes Him within himself, and frees himself from the cycle of birth and death.

Wahiguru is unfathoamble, and that He knows, that´s why nobody can reach Him, without His assistance.

All other methods apart from Nam Simran(Gurmat),are man made, are "mannmat", so naturally we by ourselves, by our own "chaturaee" can never ever reach Him, that is why, through Gurbani, through Gurmat, His path, we can reach and merge in Him.

This is His wadeeayee, His mahanta ....

Wah wah Sachay Badshah.

P.S:

Dear all, I am really greatful to all of you, for your warm welcome. But the fact is when I look at all of you, through your veechar, your posts, I find myself quite low... and this is true, no fake humility, whatever I say or write is nothing of my own, but it is His mahima.

So actulally our attention should be on the kirtan/Bani, not on the loudspeaker. Our attention sholud be on His Majesty, Akal Purukh, not on the slave. He is the Reality, the Truth.

There are real gems on this website, so good heartened, so faithful, so sincere...

Rather, I would thank you all, for allowing me to learn and grow spiritually in your company,and overall by His Grace.

Edited by harsharan000

kabira marta jag muya marbi na jane koi. Aisi marni jo mare bahur na marna hoye. ||1||
Kabir, the world is dying - dying to death, but no one knows how to truly die. Whoever dies, let him die such a death, that he does not have to die again. ||1||

This is very interesting quote by kabir ji posted above by luckysingh ji. What is bhagat ji talking about?

Please listen to this below, its very profound:

Die before you die:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7eQJ0rC_rQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xg-uMCZnL4

• 3 years later...