Timeless Wisdom

harsharan000

The piece which I enjoyed reading:

" Amma, I am going to the Mall along with my wife and daughter.  Please take care of the house"

" OK Son.  You go ahead.  Already my legs are paining.  I am not interested in coming to the Mall.  You go ahead."

" Grandma, you should also come" insisted the grand daughter ...

" Grandma cannot climb all those steps in the Mall.  She does not know how to use the escalator.  As there are no temples there, Grandma would not be interested.  

She is interested only in going to temples"  said the daughter in law.

Though Grandma agreed with this statement, Grand daughter was adamant.  She refused to come to the Mall if Grandma was not accompanying.  Though Grandma repeated that she was not interested, she could not enforce her will against her dear ten year old Granddaughter.  She agreed to accompany them.

Grandaughter was very happy.  Father asked everyone to get dressed up.  Before her parents could get ready, the oldest and the youngest were ready.  

The youngster took her grand Ma to the front room.  She drew two parallel lines, a foot apart.  She told her grandmother that it was a game and the old lady had to pretend that she was a Crane ( Bird).
  She had to keep one leg within the lines and raise the other leg by three inches.  
" What is this my dear?"  asked Grandma...
" This is the Crane game Grandma.  I will show you how to play."                            

Both of them played a few times before the father could bring the Car....Grandma became adept in the game.

They reached the Mall and when they reached the moving steps (escalator), father and mother were wondering how the elderly lady would travel in that.  

Grandaughter took Grandma near the escalator and asked her to play the Crane game.  Grandma raised her right foot and kept it one of the moving steps and raised her left leg by three inches and could easily reach the next moving step.  

This way, effortlessly she used the escalator to reach the higher level, to the wonder of her son and daughter in law.  

With her successful debut, Grandma and the grand daughter moved up and down several times on the escalator and were enjoying the fun.  

They then went to the theatre to see a movie.  As it was cold inside, grandaughter took out a shawl from her bag and covered the old lady, with a mischievous smile.

She came prepared for this!  After the movie, they went to the restaurant.

When son asked his mother for the dish to be ordered, his daughter took away the menu and thrust it in the hands of Grandma.     

"You know how to read; better go through the menu and order whatever you want".  Grandma decided about the items to be eaten. 

After meals, Grandma and the grand daughter played some video games.  

Before leaving for home, Grandma went to the toilet.  Using that occasion, the father asked his daughter how she knew so much about his mother which as a son, he was not aware.

Prompt came the response: " Dad, when an young child is brought out of home, how many  preparations are made - milk bottles, diapers, wipes etc.!?....

Your  mother would have also done all these things for you.  

Why not you show the same consideration for your mother?

Why did you presume that the elderly would be interested only in temples.   They also have normal desires like going to mall, enjoying all the fun.  

Since they may not openly express it, we have to compel them to enjoy these things"

Father was speechless.  However he was happy that he learnt a new lesson from his ten year old daughter.....

On being judgemental

We judge others when we think we are superior and other people are inferior to us.

We think we are much better human beings and they are an inferior type of human being….

The purpose of meditation of Nam bhakti is to eliminate the ego.

When one is able to eliminate the ego, then you don’t think you are superior at all….

And then you start realizing what your real self is, your insignificance.

And when that realization comes, we don’t see humans at all, we see his light in every human being.

We become humble before Waheguru Akal Purukh,  the Father of all and everything...

The Shabd is in all.

When we direct our consciousness within

and realize the Shabd,

we begin to understand the folly of self

and the oneness of everything.

We begin to comprehend that everything is God’s will

– that all is exactly as it is supposed to be.

That understanding becomes complete

when our consciousness goes beyond the mind,

when we can escape the separate, sad, lonely world of the self

and see the Lord inside us and everyone.

SSA.

ਨਾਨਕ ਸਚੁ ਧਿਆਇਨਿ ਸਚੁ ॥

Naanak Sach Dhhiaaein Sach ||

नानक सचु धिआइनि सचु ॥

O Nanak, true are those who meditate on the True One.

In the beautiful verse above of Guru Jee , we are clearly told who are truly true....  Some may think, oh I proudly perform so and so japs, taps, poojas, paaths, peregrinations, or are strongly established in ther dharam by following its rules and regulations, so I must be doing, at least some good/correct worship, if not all  of them ....

Guru Jee, as seen in the verse above, warns us, do no stay deluded in your manmukhta,  for "TRUE ALONE ARE THOSE  WHO  MEDITATE  UPON  HIM", for it this their bhakti  as per Gurmat, which will merge their souls in Him, and this is the sole purpose of Sikhee.

Needless to say, let us sincerely ask ourselves, do we really do, only that what Guru Jee tells us to do?

For we are not to please the world, it is to Guru Jee and Waheguru Akal Purukh whom we have to please.

SSA 🙏

Guru Arjan Dev (1563-1606)

Guru Arjan was born in Goindwal, a small town in Amritsar district, on April 15, 1563.

He was the youngest son of Guru Ram Das and Bibi Bhani.

As a child, one day he found his way to the bed of Guru Amar Das who was then resting.

His mother ran to fetch the child before he could disturb the Guru. 

But he had already awakened the Guru, who revealed, "Let him come to me; 'yeh mera dohita bani ka bohita howega'- this grandson of mine shall be a ship to take mankind across the ocean of the world."

Guru Arjan was married to Ganga, daughter of Krishen Chand, a resident of Meo village near Phillor in Jullundhur district.

The marriage took place in 1589 when he was about 26 years old.

Guru Ram Das began excavation of two tanks named Santokhsar and Amritsar and started the foundation of the city of Ramdaspur.

After his father, Guru Arjan applied himself to the task of completing the tanks and extending the city.

It was his practice to go every day and superintend the work.

guruarjan01.jpg

ANHAD/ANHAT BANI or SHABD :

A sound that is unending and knows no limits.

Also it could be described as an Audible life current originating from the Divine Will, endlessly carrying on the work of creating and sustaining the universe; interchangeably used with Anhat meaning 'Unstruck', as it it automatic and not instrumental.

It also means,  sound not produced by physical concussion; the mystic melody or music believed to be heard by the Yogis (persons of high spiritual attainment) in a state of ecstasy or super conciousness, as also those who engage themselves in Nam Bhakti.

In Gurbani it is used as a symbolical expression for experience of higher truths, or inner music which gives a feeling of divine bliss.

This is due primarily to Nam Simran (meditation) blessed by the grace of the Guru.

Guru Nanak says. "By following the steps or the Guru, practising His way of life, the flow of soundless music is felt within". (Adi Granth, ang. 922).

*Reference _ Encyclopedia of Sikh religion and culture , R.C .Dogra  and Dr G S M   1995

SSA

THE PATIENT SAINT 

A recluse lived under a large yew tree. Every day he spent much of his time praying to the  Lord. After many years he was visited by an angel .

The recluse asked this angel who he was, and the angel replied that it was his duty to report back to the Lord on the progress of those who did their spiritual practice with devotion. 

The recluse was pleased with this answer and requested that the angel take a message to the Lord. 

He asked the angel to find out when he might have the great happiness of meeting the Lord. The angel agreed to do this and left on his mission. 

After a short while the angel returned, but he told the recluse that he had such bad news for him that he was reluctant to pass it on. 

The recluse insisted on hearing the answer to his question, and so the angel told him that he would not meet the Lord until as many years had passed as there were needles on the yew tree above his head. 

The recluse immediately began to dance with joy. The angel was very puzzled by this reaction. 

"Do you understand that there are millions of needles on this tree? "he asked, "And that you will not meet the Lord until millions of years have passed? "

The recluse said that he had understood this very clearly. 

"Why then are you so happy ?" asked the angel. 

The recluse replied, "I am happy because at last I have received a reply from my Beloved and He has promised we shall indeed meet one day. When that meeting takes place is not important."

At that very instant the Lord himself appeared and embraced the recluse.

The angel was very upset at these events. He said to the Lord, "I am your messenger, and you told me that you would not meet this man for many years. Now you make me appear as a liar.

The Lord responded :

These things are for ordinary men. When there is someone special  who has transcended the laws of time and space within himself, then I also break those laws, and act instantaneously."

• 2 weeks later...

Found this following gem by Sree Guru Amar Das from the Ocean of spiritual diamonds of Gurbani, and feel like sharing with the sangat here:

ਗੁਰ ਆਗੈ ਕਰਉ ਬਿਨੰਤੀ ਜੇ ਗੁਰ ਭਾਵੈ ਜਿਉ ਮਿਲੈ ਤਿਵੈ ਮਿਲਾਈਐ 

Gur Aagai Karo Binanthee Jae Gur Bhaavai Jio Milai Thivai Milaaeeai ||

I offer my prayers to the Guru; if it pleases the Guru, He shall unite me with Himself.

* Here in the verse above, He is telling us that, to fulfill our deisre of realizing Him, in our hands is only that much to offer Him our sincere bhakti, (nishkam bhakti), and then, if it only pleases Him, He shall reunite us with Himself. It is not a business deal, neither like receiving wages for working for so many hours or days.

In His court, only true love and devotion count, not numbers... 

SSA.

Some facts of Guru and Gobind: 

ਆਪੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਆਪਿ ਸਬਦੁ ਜੀਉ ਜੁਗੁ ਜੁਗੁ ਭਗਤ ਪਿਆਰੇ 

Aapae Sathigur   Aap Sabadh   Jeeo Jug Jug Bhagath Piaarae ||

He Himself is the True Guru, and He Himself is the Shabad; in each and every age, He loves His devotees(souls).

In this verse of Sree Guru Amar Das Maharaj,  He is revealing us the true nature of Waheguru/Lord or God....

He says that, that Lord is Shabad  itself,  as its true form. 

Then other thing whcih He reveals us , is that in each yuga, because of His love for His devotees(souls), He comes as Guru, to awaken them and teach them the path of Nam bhakti, in order to reunite them with Him, in His Shabad form as seen above and below:

ਆਪੇ ਦਾਨਾ ਆਪੇ ਬੀਨਾ ਆਪੇ ਸੇਵ ਕਰਾਏ

Aapae Dhaanaa Aapae Beenaa Aapae Saev Karaaeae ||

He Himself is All-knowing, and He Himself is All-seeing; He inspires us to serve Him.

ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸੇਵਾ ਖਰੀ ਸੁਖਾਲੀ ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਆਪਿ ਕਰਾਏ

Gur Kee Saevaa Kharee Sukhaalee Jis No Aap Karaaeae ||

Serving the Guru brings great peace; they alone do it, whom the Lord inspires to do so.

ਨਾਮੋ ਬੀਜੇ ਨਾਮੋ ਜੰਮੈ ਨਾਮੋ ਮੰਨਿ ਵਸਾਏ ॥

Naamo Beejae Naamo Janmai Naamo Mann Vasaaeae ||

They plant the seed of the Name, and the Name sprouts within; the Name abides within the mind.

Such is the beant wadeeayee and mahima of Waheguru Akal Purukh.

SSA.

In search of God

In a mother’s womb were two babies.

One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”

The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”

“Nonsense,” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”

The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover, if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery, there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”

The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”

The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her, this world would not and could not exist.”

Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”

To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”

Maybe this was one of the best explanations of the concept of GOD.

THE STORY OF THE SOUL 

One day the Lord asked to see his favourite child. He told him that the time had come for the child to witness the world below in its fullness, and to experience the power of Supreme Grace. 

The child was curious for he had known nothing besides the light and love that filled his Father's home. 

As he imagined travelling the journey with his Father, the child became excited. 

Filled with anticipation, he asked, "When do we leave?"

The Father smiled, "My child, you will need to make this journey without me; only then you will understand the Truth. 

Everything changed that instant for the child. What if he gets lost? When will he return? Who will look after him? 

With tears, he begged the Father not to send him away for he could not imagine a world without Him. 

The Father took him in his arms and lovingly explained, "Fear not. Nothing can ever separate us. Even if you forget me, I will not forget you. This journey is for your own spiritual progress and will be filled with many valuable lessons. 

I promise that my guiding hand will always be upon you throughout the journey. 

And when the time is right, I will send you a guide who will lead you back home to me; then, your happiness will have no bounds. 

The Ultimate Gift will be awaiting you."

The obedient child looked into his Father's eyes and promised, "I will remember you with every step,"  

And with those words, the child was born into the world. 

This may be just one of many imaginary stories illustrating our descent into this creation. 

It reflects the underlying message of all the saints that we were once residents of the Eternal Home in Sat Purush, and were sent down into this creation countless lifetimes ago. 

It serves to remind us of our relationship with the Lord and our separation from Him. 

But the true story of our soul is much more complex. Being born in this creation, rather than using the mind as an instrument of cognition, we became a slave of the mind and senses. 

Instead of learning the Truth (SATNAM) - our life's purpose - we became absorbed in the world, imprisoned by our desires and attachments. 

Life after life, with every action we accumulate a heavy load of karmas that bound us to this material world. 

Without doubt, the most regrettable and tragic part of our journey in this creation was forgetting the Eternal Promise to our Father  :  That we would remember Him at every stage of our journey.

The Lord has fulfilled his promise.

It is out of the Lord's boundless love for us that He puts us in touch with  highly pure beings, like Guru Sahiban, Gurmukhs, Bhagat Jan, Mahaprukhs,  Brahmgyani,  Sant Jan, to take us back to our true home .

And so the story of our soul continues. ...... If we listen to their words with attention, and earnestly put into practice the Nam bhakti as per  the teachings troughout the Bani, not only will the journey be shorter, but we will be safe and secure in this turbulent ocean of existence.

Our duty is to go forward unwaveringly and untiringly, so that we can invoke the Gift of Grace from the One who calls us unceasingly to return home. 

With practice, perseverance, faith, and above all, with Guru Jee´s loving grace, this journey, which is a blessed opportunity, will be completed one day.

SSA.

• 4 weeks later...

Devotees of God

Naamdev Ji and the Hindu Priests

Naamdev was a true devotee of God. For all of his life, Naamdev had worshipped God and had faith in Him for each and every moment. He did not worship anyone else but the one immortal God.

He says, "The performance of countless millions of other devotions is not even equal to one devotion to the Name of God" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1163).

The materialistic things would not deter Naamdev’s spiritual path to meet God. He considered iron and gold alike.

Once while sewing he wrote, "I perform devotional worship and sing glorious praises of God. Twenty-four hours a day, I meditate on God.

I have found a needle of gold (Naam / God's Name), and a silver thread (pure mind). (Through Naam), Naamdev?s mind has been woven with God" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 485).

Naamdev cared neither for gold nor for silver, he was in love with God. A result of his true worship he had became a highly spiritual person but he was still completely devoid of pride.

Naamdev knew that God does care for the person who recites His name and remember Him all the time.

Once, Naamdev Ji went to Avandanagnath Temple situated in Maharashtra, India. The Hindu priests of that temple believed in the caste system.

After reaching the temple, Naamdev sat and started meditating on God but the Hindu priests grabbed his arm and drove him out of the temple. The priests said that Naamdev couldn’t visit the temple because he belonged to a low class.

Naamdev was deeply hurt. He went to the back of the temple and started worshipping God. In his prayer he said, "Joyfully, I came to Your Temple, O Lord.

While Naamdev was worshipping, he was driven out.

I am of a low social class, O Lord; Why was I born into a family of fabric dyers? I picked up my blanket and started walking. I sat at the back side of the temple" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1164).

Naamdev further prayed, "Please do not forget me; do not forget me, please do not forget me, O Lord. The temple priests consider themselves of high caste, and everyone is furious with me.

Calling me low-caste and untouchable, they beat me and drove me out; what should I do now, O Beloved Father Lord? If You give me salvation after I die, no one will know that I attained salvation.

These Pandits, these religious scholars, call me low-born; when they say this, they tarnish Your honor as well.

You are called kind and compassionate; the power of Your Arm is absolutely unrivalled" (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1292).

“As Naamdev uttered the glorious praises of the Lord, the temple turned around to face the Lord's humble devotee” (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1164).

“The Lord turned the temple around to face Naamdev and its back to the priests” (Guru Granth Sahib Ji, 1292).

That temple is still rotated.

This is the symbol of the true love of God towards His true devotee.

• 3 weeks later...

*TAMING THE WILD*
------------------------------------

One day a person climbed up a mountain where a hermit woman was meditating. The person asked, 

“What are you doing here alone in such a solitude place ?”

To which she replied,

“I have lots of work !”

“And how can you have so much work ? I don't see anything around you here...?” He asked.

“I have to train two Hawks and two Eagles,  assure two Rabbits, discipline one Snake , motivate a Donkey and tame a Lion ...!"

“And, where have they gone that I don't see any one of them ?”

“I have them all inside here within me...!!"

✓ " The Hawks stare on everything that is presented to me, good or bad, I have to work on them to see only good things. They are my Eyes." 

✓ " The two Eagles with their claws hurt and destroy, I have to train them not to hurt. They are my hands."

✓ " Rabbits want to go where they want, at the same time they do not want to face difficult situations, I have to teach them to be calm even if there is suffering or stumbling.  They are my feet." 

✓ " The Donkey is always tired, stubborn and does not want to carry the load each time I walk. That is my body !"

✓ " The most difficult to tame is the 'Snake'. Although it is locked in a strong cage with 32 bars, it is always ready to sting, bite and poison anyone nearby. I have to discipline it. That's my tongue."

" And yes, I also have One Lion. Oh how proud, vain, he thinks that "he is the king." I have to tame him. And that's my EGO." 

" So you see, my friend, I have  lots of work, taming the wild .....! “

Learning a lesson from  a rabbit  🐰

A  Rabbit entered in a shop and asked: "Do you have carrots?".

They said, "no we don't have."

The following day the rabbit came to the shop and asked again, "Do you have carrots?"

They replied angrily, " We said we don't have carrots, if you come back again asking, we gonna screw a nail in your head with a hammer!"

The third day the rabbit came yet again and asked, "Do you have a hammer?

They replied, "NO."

He said, "What about nails?"

They said, "NO."

Then he calmly asked, "Do you have carrots?" 🤣😅
Don't let the devil scare you, he doesn't have anything.

Just pursue your dreams.

Have a fabulous smiling moment

The Power of Prayer

There is a story of about a sea captain who in his retirement skippered a boat taking day-trippers to Shetland Islands.

On one trip, the boat was full of young people.

They laughed at the old captain when they saw him say a prayer before sailing out, because the day was fine and the sea was calm. 

However they weren't long at sea when a storm suddenly blew up and the boat began to pitch violently.

The terrified passengers came to the captain and asked him to join them in prayer.

But he replied, *"I say my prayers when it's calm. When it's rough I attend to my ship."

Here is a lesson for us: 

If we cannot and will not seek God in quiet moments of our lives; we are not likely to find Him when trouble strikes.

We are more likely to panic.

But if we have learnt to seek Him and trust Him in quiet moments, then most certainly we will find Him when the going gets rough.

How to stay healthy by being positive and eliminating the negative.

An elderly man went to a hospital for his routine medical check up. When his Blood Pressure was taken, it was  120/80.

The doctor on duty who was awestruck picked up the result and looked at it over and over again for about 10 minutes, and said, “Sir, this is unbelievable! You have an incredible BP.

Does it mean you don’t go through any stress at all? What’s the secret?”

The man smiled and said, “this has been your colleagues’ question overtime. I have always told them that it was a gift from God, which is correct in actual sense. But let me tell you what has been making that gift work.

I can’t wait to know the secret, the doctor interjected.

“When I was young, my father taught me that if I want to overcome negative S, I must embrace two positive S.

The doctor who was eager to know those S interrupted him again. What are the negative and positive S, Sir?

“The negative S includes: stress, sickness, sorrow, suffering, etc. My dad said, if I could manage stress, I won’t have much health challenge. I later discovered he was telling me the truth as I embraced his two positive S. The man paused.

I hope no problem, Sir? The doctor asked.

“No problem, doctor. I remembered my glorious dad of a blessed memory. He was a great man, doctor. 

“The positive S  includes: Smile and Silence. Smile can solve problem and Silence can avoid problems. To achieve this, you must:

“Select the right people to travel with you in your journey of life at all times and make your life sweeter. 

“On deity, choose the Almighty God. Thereafter, if you fail to achieve your dreams, change your ways, not your God. The trees change their leaves and not their roots. 

“Stop looking Sideways when you are emotionally distracted. You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.

“Sayings of people should not work you up. Even when haters see you walking on water they will say it’s because you can't swim. If you like, dance on the water, they will accuse you of raising dust.

“Start to live a quiet life; mind your own business; and work with your own hands.

“Social cleanliness rule is, never wrestle with a pig. Though, both of you will get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

“So, knowing all these, I always Smile and keep Silence. That’s the secret!”

“WOW! In my entire life I have never met a man like you. I want to see more of you. Now I know that greater lessons are learnt outside the classroom, the doctor concluded.

Stay blessed and keep counting your blessings

Do have a great journey in life of peace gentility harmony and love.

On 9/1/2020 at 3:53 AM, harsharan000 said:

How to stay healthy by being positive and eliminating the negative.

An elderly man went to a hospital for his routine medical check up. When his Blood Pressure was taken, it was  120/80.

The doctor on duty who was awestruck picked up the result and looked at it over and over again for about 10 minutes, and said, “Sir, this is unbelievable! You have an incredible BP.

Does it mean you don’t go through any stress at all? What’s the secret?”

The man smiled and said, “this has been your colleagues’ question overtime. I have always told them that it was a gift from God, which is correct in actual sense. But let me tell you what has been making that gift work.

I can’t wait to know the secret, the doctor interjected.

“When I was young, my father taught me that if I want to overcome negative S, I must embrace two positive S.

The doctor who was eager to know those S interrupted him again. What are the negative and positive S, Sir?

“The negative S includes: stress, sickness, sorrow, suffering, etc. My dad said, if I could manage stress, I won’t have much health challenge. I later discovered he was telling me the truth as I embraced his two positive S. The man paused.

I hope no problem, Sir? The doctor asked.

“No problem, doctor. I remembered my glorious dad of a blessed memory. He was a great man, doctor. 

“The positive S  includes: Smile and Silence. Smile can solve problem and Silence can avoid problems. To achieve this, you must:

“Select the right people to travel with you in your journey of life at all times and make your life sweeter. 

“On deity, choose the Almighty God. Thereafter, if you fail to achieve your dreams, change your ways, not your God. The trees change their leaves and not their roots. 

“Stop looking Sideways when you are emotionally distracted. You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.

“Sayings of people should not work you up. Even when haters see you walking on water they will say it’s because you can't swim. If you like, dance on the water, they will accuse you of raising dust.

“Start to live a quiet life; mind your own business; and work with your own hands.

“Social cleanliness rule is, never wrestle with a pig. Though, both of you will get dirty, but the pig enjoys it.

“So, knowing all these, I always Smile and keep Silence. That’s the secret!”

“WOW! In my entire life I have never met a man like you. I want to see more of you. Now I know that greater lessons are learnt outside the classroom, the doctor concluded.

Stay blessed and keep counting your blessings

Do have a great journey in life of peace gentility harmony and love.

Thas 👌 my way of thinking 😀

JUST DROP 

Once a Crow, holding on to a piece of meat was flying to a place to sit & eat peacefully... 

However, a flock of Eagles who  were flying nearby started chasing it.

The crow became scared & anxious. It started flying higher and higher, yet the much stronger eagles were after the poor crow. 

Just then "Garuda" saw the plight and  pain in the eyes of the crow. Coming closer to the crow, he asked:

"What's wrong, dear? You seem to be very "disturbed" and in terrible "stress"?"..

The crow cried "Look at these eagles!! They are after me - to kill me".

Garuda being the bird of wisdom spoke "Oh my friend!! They are not after you to kill you!! In fact, they are after that piece of meat that you are holding tightly in your beak". Just drop it and see what happens.

The crow followed the advice of Garuda and dropped the piece of meat, and lo & behold..
All the eagles in a mad rush flew towards the falling meat.

Garuda smiled and said "The Pain is only till you hold on to it" Just Drop" it & release the "Pain"..

The crow just bowed and said "Thank You for your wise advice.. I dropped this piece of meat & now, I can fly even higher without tension.."

There is a message in this story for all of us :

1. People carry  the huge burden called "Ego," which creates a false identity about oneself, like -  " I am so & so, I should be loved, I need to be respected, I need to be invited.. etc...  .. 

Just Drop - this silly "Ego" & assumption about yourself & see what happens..

2. People get irritated instantly by "others actions or words" .. It could be anyone -  friend,  parents, children, colleagues, spouse etc..... and instantly the sparks of Anger get ignited & one starts fuming ..

Just Drop.... this senseless "negative feeling" & see what happens..

3. People compare themselves with others.. in beauty, wealth, life style, marks, talent and appraisals and get disturbed & insecure... 
forgetting the fact that We must be grateful with what we have ...  .." 

Just Drop...- these silly comparisons, negative emotions & see what happens..

Some people are attached in a negative way to their jobs, their material possessions, their dear ones..which creates more harm than good..

Just Drop..detach yourself.. drop the burden of attachment & see what happens..

YOUNG and OLD

When I was YOUNG, 
I was WORRIED about 
MY PIMPLES. 
When I am OLD, 
I am WORRIED about 
MY WRINKLES. 

When I was YOUNG, 
I was WAITING to HOLD HER HAND. 
When I am OLD, 
I am WAITING for SOMEONE to HOLD MY HAND.

When I was YOUNG, 
I was LONGING to be ALONE.
When I am OLD, 
I am WORRIED why 
I am ALONE.

When I was YOUNG, 
I HATED being  ADVISED. 
When I am OLD, 
there is NO ONE around to TALK or ADVISE.

When I was YOUNG, 
I ADMIRED BEAUTIFUL THINGS.
When I am OLD, 
I see BEAUTY in THINGS around ME.

When I was YOUNG
I felt I was ETERNAL. 
When I am OLD, 
I know SOON it will be MY TURN.

When I was YOUNG, 
I CELEBRATED the MOMENTS.
When I am OLD
I am CHERISHING MY MEMORIES.