Timeless Wisdom

harsharan000

Veer Ji. So glad to see you posting here. When I didn't see your posts somewhere else, I thought maybe you left for Sachand. Glad you are well. Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh. 

On 10/7/2019 at 5:36 PM, Guest Guest said:

Veer Ji. So glad to see you posting here. When I didn't see your posts somewhere else, I thought maybe you left for Sachand. Glad you are well. Vaheguru ji ka khalsa, Vaheguru ji ki fateh. 

Brother Guest,

thanks for your concern, all fine by His grace.

The thing is, as follows below:

image.png.ca34b3f65cc7e6560070899474acb30a.png

That´s it only.

Stay blessed.

SSA.

INSPIRATIONS 

"I was rejected for the job in ALL INDIA RADIO bcoz of my heavy voice"
- AMITABH BACHCHAN

"I slept on benches and everyday borrowed 20Rs/- from friend to travel to film city"
- Sharukh khan

"I failed in 8th standard"
-SACHIN TENDULKAR

"During my secondary school, I was dropped from school basketball
team"
-MICHAEL JORDAN

"I used to work in petrol pump"
- DHIRUBHAI AMBANI

"I was rejected in d interview of PILOT"
- ABDUL KALAM

"I didn't even complete my university education"
- Bill Gates !!

"I was a dyslexic kid"
- TOM CRUISE

"I was raped at the age of 9 "
- Oprah Winfrey

"I used to serve tea at a shop to support my football training"
- Lionel Messi

"I used to sleep on the floor in friends'rooms,returning Coke bottles for food, money, and getting weekly free meals at a local temple"
-Steve Jobs !!

"My teachers used to call me a failure"
- Tony Blair

"I was in prison for 27 years"
- Late President Nelson Mandela

and here comes d "THALIVA"

"At d age of 30, I was a bus conductor"
-RAJNI KANT

"Friends, there are many such people who struggled.. 

Life is not about what you couldn't do so far, 
it's about what you can still do. 

Wait and don't ever give up..
Miracles happen every day....!!

Good morning and have a great day ahead ...

“The body has its own way of knowing,

a knowing that has little to do with logic,

and much to do with truth,

little to do with control,

and much to do with acceptance,

little to do with division and analysis,

and much to do with union.”

~ Marilyn Sewell

*Note: though the writer of the above verses is not of any eastern philosophy, yet if paid attention,

it is a natural expression of a soul to find its origin, where it meets the need of virtues known in sikhee such as: no manmat, bhaana,

and an intense desire to become one with its origin, the Highest Primal Truth,

which in Gurmat we know as Waheguru Akal Purukh, or, Aad Sach... 

it is just amazing, how the souls have a natural instinct towards its origin,

without limitations of any kind, created in ignorance by manmukhs of any caste, creed or color.

SABNA JEEA KA IKO DAATA, SO MEH VISAAR NA JAAE.

SSA.

A very touching story:

There was a group of women in a Bible Study on the book of Malachi. As they were studying chapter three, they came across verse three, which says: "He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver. "This verse puzzled the women and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible Study.

That week, this woman called up a silversmith and made an appointment to watch him at work.

She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver.

As she watched the silversmith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities.

The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot then she thought again about the verse, that "He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver."

She asked the silversmith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire.

If the silver was left a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed.

The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silversmith, how do you know when the silver is fully refined?

He smiled at her and answered, "Oh, that's easy - when I see my image in it."

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you, and will keep watching you until He sees His image in you.

💐🙏🏻

Except humans nobody laughs. I don't think you would have ever seen a bird laughing or a dog laughing.

This privilege is only given to humans.

If we want to remain humans, humour has to be there just to relax.

But we have so much association with the past species; we find it hard to laugh. 

Unknown.

Japanese surprising research...

1. Acidity not only caused by diet errors, but more dominated because of stress.
2. Hypertension not only caused by too much consumption of salty foods, but mainly because of errors in managing emotions.
3. Cholesterol is not only caused by fatty foods, but the excessive laziness or sedentary lifestyle is more responsible.
4. Asthma not only because of the disruption of oxygen supply to lungs, but often sad feelings make lungs unstable.
5. Diabetes not only because of too much consumption of glucose, but selfish & stubborn attitude disrupts the function of the pancreas.
6. Kidney stones : .Not only Calcium Oxalate deposits, but pent up emotions and hatred
7. Spondylitis : not only L4L5 or cervical disorder; but over burdened or too much worries about future

If we want to be healthy then first 
1) Fix your Mind
2) Do regular Exercises, 
2) Move around, 
3) Do Meditation
4) Laugh and make others laugh too.
5) Make Friends

These activities will help you to strengthen your soul, mind and body...

Be Healthy And Enjoy Your Life. 

50 Years Ago

50 years ago, children were gentle with their parents. Today parents have to be gentle with their children for fear of them running away from home.

50 years ago, everyone wanted to have children. Today many people are afraid of having children.

50 years ago, children respected their parents. Now parents have to serve their children.

50 years ago, men were chasing women. Now women are chasing men.

50 years ago, marriage was easy but divorce was difficult. Nowadays it is difficult to get married but divorce is so easy.

50 years ago, sons/daughters-in-law were afraid to offend their parents-in-laws. Now parents-in-law are afraid to offend their sons/daughters-in-law.

50 years ago, we got to know all the neighbors. Now we are strangers to our neighbors.

50 years ago, people had to eat a lot because they needed the energy to work hard. Now we are afraid to eat fatty foods for fear of the cholesterol.

50 years ago, the people feared the government. Nowdays the government have to listen to the people.

50 years ago, all windows and doors of the house were left unlocked while we slept.
Today windows and doors have to be closed and locked with a big padlock.

50 years ago, it wasn't easy to get what you wanted. Nowadays it's easy to find and buy everything online.

50 years ago, villagers were flocking to the city to find jobs. Now the town people are fleeing from the stress to find peace.

50 years ago, only old people wore plain while the young were wearing flowery dresses. Nowadays even old parents are wearing floral dresses.

50 years ago, everyone wanted to be fat to look happy ... Nowadays everyone diets to look healthy.

50 years ago, rich people pretended to be poor. Now the poor are pretending to be rich.

50 years ago, borrowing money from the bank was very difficult ... Now all banks offer "easy" loans.

50 years ago, only one person worked to support the whole family. Now all have to work to support one child.

50 years ago, parents loved to study and read books ... now parents love to update Facebook and read their whatsapp messages.

Like the one reading this ...

Beautiful msg

🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀
When you are 50
you are like a basketball, 
everyone wants you, 
because you can still 
earn an income or 
be an unpaid babysitter. 

🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐
When you are 60,  
you are like a volleyball, 
if you can still work 
everyone will aim for you, 
never ending babysitting job. 

⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽⚽
When you are 70, 
you are like a football, 
A will kick it to B,
B will kick it to C,
C will kick it to D,
Children are grown up 
and you have grown old, 
no one wants you any more. 

🏌⛳ 🏌⛳🏌⛳🏌⛳ 
When you are 80,
you are like a golf ball, 
a swing of the club.... 
wherever you land is 
where you perhaps will
end your life !!

Therefore, when you are in your fifties and sixties, 
pay attention and take good care of your own self and do not let your self be tortured by life or other people.  

Feel free to buy what you want and eat all you want, do not hesitate! Do not be stingy to yourself.

Or....By the time you realise, you'd be gone into the Golf Ball Era...!!  😢😢😢 ,

Love yourself and be kind to yourself,

dedicated to all Senior Citizens

You are so proud of your intelligence," said the master.

"You are like a like a condemned man,

proud of the vastness of his prison cell.

A.M

A thought is a screen, not a mirror;

that is why you live in a thought envelope, untouched by Reality.

A.M

Don’t try to make them happy, you’ll only get in trouble.

Don’t try to teach a pig to sing;

it wastes your time and it irritates the pig.

A.M

As one man said, "I got a pretty good education.

It took me years to get over it."

That's what spirituality is all about, you know: unlearning.

Unlearning all the rubbish they taught you.

A.M

To fight evil with activity

is like fighting darkness with one's hands.

So what you need is light,

not fit.

A.M

The important religious distinction

is not between those who worship and those who do not worship

but between those who love

and those who don’t

A.M

IS THERE A COW IN YOUR LIFE THAT IS KEEPING YOU MISERABLE?

Once upon a time,  in a faraway land, there lived a Chinese wise man and his disciple. One day during their travels, they saw a hut in the distance. As they approached it, they realized that it was occupied, in spite of its extremely poor appearance.

In that desolate place where there were no crops and no trees, a man lived with his wife, three young children and a thin, tired cow. Since they were hungry and thirsty, the wise man and his disciple stopped for a few hours and were well received.  At one point, the wise man asked:

“This is a very poor place, far away from anything. How do you survive?”

“You see that cow? That’s what keeps us going,” said the head of the family. “She gives us milk, some of it we drink and some we turn into cheese. When there is extra, we go into the city and exchange the milk and cheese for other types of food. That’s how we survive.”

The wise man thanked them for their hospitality and left. When he reached the first bend in the road, he said to his disciple:

“Go back, get the cow, take her to the cliff in front of us, and push her off.” The disciple could not believe what he was hearing.

“I cannot do that, master! How can you be so ungrateful? The cow is all they have. If I throw it off the cliff, they will have no way of surviving. Without the cow, they will all die!”

The wise man, an elderly Chinese man, took a deep breath and repeated the order:“Go ahead. Push the cow off the cliff.”

Though outraged at what he was being asked to do, the disciple had to obey his master. He returned to the hut and quietly led the animal to the edge of the cliff and pushed. The cow fell down the cliff and died.

As the years passed by, remorse for what he had done never left the disciple. One spring day, the guilt became too much to bear and he left the wise man and returned to that little shack. He wanted to find out what had happened to that family, to help them out, apologize, or somehow make amends. Upon rounding a turn in the road, he could not believe what his eyes were showing him. In place of the poor shack, there was a beautiful house with trees all around, a swimming pool, several cars in the garage, a satellite dish, and more. Three good-looking teenagers and their parents were celebrating their first million dollars.

The heart of the disciple froze. What could have happened to the family? Without a doubt, they must have been starving to death and forced to sell their land and leave. At that moment, the disciple thought they must all be begging on the street corners of some city. He approached the house and asked a man that was passing by, about the whereabouts of the family that had lived there several years before.

“You are looking at it,” said the man, pointing to the people gathered around the barbecue. Unable to believe what he was hearing, the disciple walked through the gate and took a few steps closer to the pool where he recognized the man from several years before, only now he was strong and confident, the woman was happy, and the children were now good looking teenagers. He was dumbfounded, and went over to the man and asked:

“What happened? I was here with my teacher a few years ago and this was a miserable place. There was nothing. What did you do to improve your lives in such a short time?”

The man looked at the disciple, and replied with a smile:

“We had a cow that kept us alive. She was all we had. But one day she fell down the cliff and died. To survive, we had to start doing other things, develop skills we didn’t even know we had. And so, because we were forced to come up with new ways of doing things, we are now much better off than before.”

'WHO OR WHAT IS THAT ‘COW’ IN YOUR LIFE THAT YOU NEED TO PUSH OFF THE CLIFF?' Many a time, we have let our dependence on certain people, things or situation, create a comfort zone and limit us from achieving greater things. Personally, I am very ‘cautious’ in nature and it takes me a lot to let go and climb to another level. You may feel terrible at first, but in the end, it will all be worth it.

From the conversation in the end, the man says that they had to develop skills and do other things when their only ‘source of survival was dead’. At times we need to lose that job to realize that we can actually do well in business. Sometimes that business needs to fail, to realize that we can do well in other things. Sometimes a situation in our lives may have to fail for us to realize that we deserve and can get better.

Is there a cow in your life that is keeping you miserable? If so, push that cow down the cliff and please do not be tempted to go after it!

Have I talked to someone? Have you learned something?

What's that cow that's holding you?

Will you push that cow down the cliff?

Sometimes You Have To Suffer A Lot In Life,

Not Because You Were Bad...

But Because You Didn't Realise

Where To Stop Being Good...

Every positive thing in your life represents a single unique blessing.

Every negative thing in your life has the opportunity to become double blessing  

when you turn a negative  into positive,

then negative situation goes

and

you  are strengthened by  positive force

Found these utmost beautiful Sat Bachans in the Bani, thought of sharing it with the sangat here....

ਨਾਨਕ ਨਦਰਿ ਕਰੇ ਸੋ ਬੂਝੈ ਸੋ ਜਨੁ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਏ

Naanak Nadhar Karae So Boojhai So Jan Naam Dhhiaaeae ||

O Nanak, that mortal who is blessed with the Lord's Glance of Grace, he alone understands Him;                                                                                               and that alone humble servant, meditates on the Naam, the Name of the Lord.

Raag Suhi Guru Ram Das

SSA

The Leaking Bucket

~ You wake up early morning trying to do your Pooja / Path/Yoga but your mind is elsewhere and before you know it, you're done with it without being mindful of it. (A leaking bucket)

~ You're very kind to outsiders/people in general and speak with them gently but with your own family you're always harsh/rude. (A leaking bucket)

~ You honour and treat your guests well but when they leave, you gossip about them and talk about their flaws. (A leaking bucket)

~ You try to read as much religious books, listen to Satsang /Keertan, participate in social services/ Sewa but you swear,  insult, curse daily. (A leaking bucket)

~ You help others but you're doing it to gain something in return from them and not doing those acts of kindness selflessly. (A leaking bucket)

~ You frequently advice/preach others on religious matters but practice none yourself. 
(A leaking bucket)

~ You slander other devout persons out of hatred/spite when your views do not meet one another. (A leaking bucket)

~ You look down on others and feel more superior than them, judging their level of knowledge about religion based on external appearances (A leaking bucket) 

We struggle to fill our "lives"(the bucket) with "earnings" of religious knowledge (the water), hoping it will retain inside but it is leaked by the many flaws (the holes) that we commit daily.

An excellent reminder for all, including myself, to try and patch these holes up so we may progress further on this beautiful path of spiritual life.