The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:14 AM, HisServant said:

Is this one of the panj shabad?

The 5 shabads can arise from this primordial type sound and may also merge to form this sound.   

56 minutes ago, Lucky said:

The 5 shabads can arise from this primordial type sound and may also merge to form this sound.   

What are the 5 shabad sounds that you have experienced?

On 6/16/2018 at 9:14 AM, HisServant said:

Is this one of the panj shabad? 

Starts at 25 seconds 

How is this different from the conch or flute sound?

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

**Interestingly, the smaller tumbi was first made and used by legendry Lal Chand Yamla Jatt and at the time he called it “king” (from kinguri). Have a listen to golden oldie "Satguru Nanak teri leela nayari hai"

Good song, and info.

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

-Veena (a huge hollow gourd with strings) 

That would be a string instrument.

Check out Ghatam ( ਘਟੰ )

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

Worth referring to these past posts for more info on panch shabad 

Good posts.

pancha ka guru ek Dhyan

Dhyan is that space in which there is sensory experience such as the hearing of the anahad shabad

1 hour ago, Lucky said:

I know there's an overlap between describing the conch, flute and lower frequency ringing sound. I usually advise that one should try and see if the sound can help them get into deeper simran,  if not, then continue with gurmantar  and  keeping dhyian on the dhun.

Yea they sound similar.

It's funny how you say Onkar is lower-pitch.

It does appear to be a lower pitch version of Conch.

But maybe that's because we are male?

On 7/1/2018 at 5:53 PM, Lucky said:

What does “primordial” mean?

On 7/2/2018 at 3:25 AM, Lucky said:

1. Sounds made from string instruments -sitar,violin, guitar, sarod etc.
2. Sounds made from percussion instruments with skin cloth(leather) -dhol, mridang, drum, tabla, dholak etc.
3. Sounds made from metallic clanging instruments -chimta, chainay, bell etc.
4. Sounds made by wind instrument and puffing breath -flute, conch shell, pipe, horn etc.
5. Sounds made by tapping hollow vessels like pitcher, earthen pot, gharda etc.

THANK YOU THANK YOU. I have been trying to find a clear list for a while. Couldn’t find one anywhere. This is what I had initially thought but this confirms it. I think I’ve heard something from each category. But only one or two at a time. 

On 7/2/2018 at 3:25 AM, Lucky said:

Have a listen to golden oldie "Satguru Nanak teri leela nayari hai"

this is lit m8

The reason why I had asked about the bowl is because it’s one I hear frequently as well. It goes back and forth between conch -> bowl. Then sometimes flute arises from it. They all sound very similar but there’s a slight difference if I listen very carefully. 

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:15 PM, HisServant said:

What does “primordial” mean?

It refers to the original primitive sound of the cosmos and Consciousness. The "Ong" or 'om" as in Ek Ong- kar.  

The frequency of this sound can't be isolated as it is un-struck (an-had). The Tibetan bowl can produce frequencies within closer octave ranges and because of this 'om' like resonance, it can have positive healing effects.

THANK YOU THANK YOU. I have been trying to find a clear list for a while. Couldn’t find one anywhere. This is what I had initially thought but this confirms it. I think I’ve heard something from each category. But only one or two at a time.

You should hear most of them at some time or another and they can re-appear at different frequencies tio sound like particular instrument's that we are familiar with. Gurbani mentions quite a few of these and on many occasions it gives and idea of avasthas associated.  I believe it's important to decipher gurbani shabads yourself since it delivers at all levels.  

But only one or two at a time. 

You will encounter one or two at a time whilst in the process of purifying Mann. Later, you should hopefully hear more as you proceed along the early bhavsagar and start crossing.  Gurbani give's the nishanees for these throughout and by then, you'll be able to grasp certain shabads with atmic(internal) gyaan to help guide you further. 

this is lit m8

Yeh, I used to listen a lot to old dharmic geets and digitized most of my own LP's and tapes. The ek-tar sound from one string is amazing. All sounds from multi-string instruments originate from the single tar. 

It goes back and forth between conch -> bowl. Then sometimes flute arises from it. They all sound very similar but there’s a slight difference if I listen very carefully. 

I know it's difficult to distinguish and isolate at times. The bowl "om" is like a constant bass line but you will perceive it with different pitch and amplitudes dependent on consciousness clarity.  Safest way is to try and put dhyian on it to see if it can take you deeper into one-pointed focus. If not, then move on to the dhun of internal jap.  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Shivānand
On 1/29/2014 at 6:37 PM, sweetersound said:

The actual sound will vary depending on many factors such as one's health, time of day, amount of exercise, location of meditation -- and of course one's level of heart and spiritual development. Each one can find what detracts or enhances it.

It can easily happen that a vague or far-away sound can become sweet and powerful just by patience, focus and relaxation.

It is best to focus attention on the upper right of the head while listening. It is easy to become captivated by one's mental pictures and memories, but bring the attention up to the top-right of the head as often as possible.

Performing this meditation before sleep, and/or in the middle of the sleep cycle, can have a dramatic and very positive effect on one's dreams and comfort in sleep.

Hello,

I hear the high pitched sound in both ears/above/everywhere/center (can't tell which of those are accurate).

But, I hear the continuous bell sound on the right side of my head.

I’ve seen you mention that the high pitched sound originates from the right side.. So I’m not sure which sound that I’m to listen to.. the high pitched sound that appears to be everywhere/above or the bells on the right side?

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I hear a gungroo sound, do I have to pay attention to it? It comes from various places, sometimes from the back of my head, sometimes the right or left ear. Sometimes I doubt I'm hallucinating which causes me to ignore it. It does, however, get louder the more I concentrate and becomes softer as I ignore it. I mostly end up ignoring it because I get anxious for some reason, is that bad? 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:13 AM, Sat1176 said:

This is an invaluable write up by a Gurmukh on the path of surat shabad marg. Take laha and inspriation from it friends.

OUR NIJ GHAR-  THE FOURTH SUNN

Our mind thinks incessantly and does not hold still even for an instant. Under all sorts of distractions it wanders aimlessly in all directions. Only after finding a perfect Guru thru good fortune, who gives mantra of Lord's Name (for japna) that mind becomes quiet and tranquil:

"Eh mun na tikay bauhrangee deh dis dhavay.

Gur poora paaia vadbhagee Har Mantar deea mun thadhay" p-171

This is what Naam Japna does to a wandering mind. It tries to make it still, till it stops thinking when it is lured into the 'dhun' of the japna and comes inside where it is totally disconnected from the input of the five sense organs. It becomes totally thoughtless, a condition called 'sunn' in Gurbani. In this condition mind stops giving any instructions to the body which becomes still and is said to be in 'smadhee'.

It is in this condition the mind is disconnected from world of Maya of three modes and comes in where Naam/ Sabad is. This space where mind comes in is called 'sunn mandal'. Gurbani mentions about sunn many a time, as location of Naam, Satguru and God. Purpose of Naam Japna is to disconnect the mind from Maya and its bad effects in Raj Gun and Tum Gun and clean it up with Naam/ Sabad :"Bhareeay matt papaan kay sung. O dhopay naavay kay rung." Sabad is God's utterance in all the bodies: "Ghat ghat vaajay naad." and cleans the dirt caused by Mayan thoughts:                                                                                                                                      "Mun dhovo sabad laago Har sio raho chit laa-ay."p-919

The inner journey for spiritual development is thru sunn where Naam/Sabad Guru who is also called Satguru in Gurbani, who not only gives spiritual knowledge but also prepares the mind for meeting with Nirankar.

"Sabade he Naaon upjay sabade mail milaaia." p-646

As the mind just enters into sunn it is said to be sitting in FIRST SUNN. When the thoughtless mind in sunn merges with the ambient of the sunn mandal it adopts the nature of air there, the first creation of God, Sach:

"Saachay te pavna bhaiaa." p-19

"Suneh sunn miliaa samdarsi pavan roop ho jaae-geh." p-1103

This  condition of mind in Sunn Mandal when it merges with air is called the SECOND SUNN.

Continuing progress on this journey in sunn, Anhad Sabad, the unstruck divine melodies are heard there. These are the utterances of the Nirankar inside us as Sabad Guru. It is here that mind starts getting cleansed by Sabad/ Naam to prepare for the journey to the goal. This zone in the sunn manadal is called Amritsar or Pool of ambrosial nectar of Naam where mind bathes in it to clean itself:                                                                                                           

"Antar koohnta Amrit bharia" p-570.

This zone is also called  Dev Sathan, the area where devtas, the angels live in three gunas after physical death as they did not reach the Nirankar yet:

"Dev sathany kia nissani.

Teh bajay Sabad anahad banee."p-974

Devtas are stuck here and could not go beyond for not having done enough bhagti to cross over the 'bhavjal sagar'. They don't have to be born again but can't go beyond to unite with Nirankar. And beg God to give them another chance in human body so that they can do more bhagti to crossover to higher level:

"Is dehi ko simray dev.

So dehee bhaj Har kee sev." p-1159

This  state of mind surrounded by Anhad Sabad is called the THIRD SUNN. This is also called 'dhaval', a cross over between Bhavjal Sagar and Nij Ghar. Here mind is with air which it sheds before entering into the next sunn. This is also called 'dar' or doorway to the Sach Mehal/Parkash Mehal, the Mansion of the Divine. It is about this state  Guru Nanak Ji is writing about in 27th Pauri of Jap Ji Sahib, describing the symphony of celestial music going on at the dar or gate of the Sach Ghar where all His creation is singing praises to Him:

"So dar keha so ghar keha jit beh sarab smaalay.

Vaajay naad anake asankha ketay vavanhaary.

Ketay raag paree sio kaheean ketay gavanharay.

Gaavay tohnau paun panee baisantar gavay raja dharan duaaray."p-6              

Next step in progress comes when the mind is fully cleansed of the filth of  Maya  and is waiting for the Grace of God to open the Tenth Door to let His child in. This is preceded by sounding of Toor and Naad:

"Anhad Banee  Naad vajaaia."p-375

As the Door opens amidst sounding of Five Sabads, mind is welcome home having conquered five doots of Maya. Mind sheds the air and is illumined with Jot of God and is fully awakened to its spiritual self by the Sabad:

"Dhun upjee Sabad jgaaia" p-1039.

Free from bondage of Maya, mind sees nothing but Parkash or Divine Light/ Jot and finally meets the Beloved Lord:

"Pargati Jot milay Ram Piaray."p-375

This happens with the Grace of the Guru  that one meets the Lord, finds perfect peace and tranquility with such ease:

"Guru Nanak tutha miliaa Har Raaia.

Sukh raen vihaani sehaj subhhaia."p-375.

This is the area where dwells the perfect Lord Brahm in sunn-smadh and holds discussions with Bhagats. There is no happiness or grief and no death or birth (but absolute tranquility):

"Sun samadh gufa te asan.

Kewal Brahm pooran teh basan.

Bhagat sang Prabh gosht karat.

Taha harakh na sog na janam marat."p-894.

This is the Fourth SUNN and end of mind's journey back to its Nij Ghar and Sehaj Ghar where it can live in perfect bliss and becomes Jiwan Mukat, liberated while alive.

This sunn is also called Anhad Sunn. Those minds who reach this sunn become  just like the One Who created them:

'Anahad sunn rattay se kaisay.

Jistay upjay tishee jaisay." p-943

Sunn prevails inside and outside in all three zones; earth, sky and nether-lands. In fourth sunn mind becomes Gurmukh and its karmas are over and is not judged for these:

"Antar sunan bahar sunnan tri-bhavan sunam sunan:

Chauthai  sunun jo nar jaanai ta ko paap na punnan." p-943

This is the house of the True One as told by the Satguru and is also the true house of His child, mind who is on a physical journey on this planet, Earth:

"Satgur tay paa-ay veechara .

Sunn Samadh Sachay Ghar bara." p-1037

Gurbani guides us how to make it to our true home while alive and become a jeevan-mukat so that at the end of our physical life we land straight into Nijh Ghar and are met with our Father, Nirankar who greets us with a hug, congratulating us for our victory in fight with five-doots of Maya:

"Jo jan Har Prabh Har Har sarna tin dargeh Har Har deh vadiaaee.

Dhan dhan sabaas kahay harjan ko Nanak mel la-ay gal laee." p-493

Gurmukhs thus establish an easy access to Nij Ghar from Bhavjal Sagar via sunn, Anhad Sabad, Toor and back to Bhavjal Sagar for their mundane responsibilities following the same route back.

'Gurmukh aavay jaa-ay nisang." p-932

Wow, that's an excellent write up.  You have to pay attention to the details that are summarized. 

I will look at it closely when I get back, but was pleased to note some similarities with my elementary attempt on stages of sunn that I did in a thread some months back.  My summary was based on different materials I had read, some experiences,  gurbani pangtees and more importantly the layout of darbar sahib.  I will look into the above for further gains for better insight.

• 2 weeks later...

@Sat1176 @Lucky or anyone else 

Can someone clear up the differences between the terms “shabad”, “naad”, “toor” and any of the other sounds gurbani refers to. I think I know the difference. I know where I’m at is shabad and there is occasionally toor. It’s mainly “naad” that I don’t understand. And I’ve seen people mixing up the terms frequently on this site. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, HisServant said:

@Lucky @Sat1176

Anotha' one #TeamShabad #Gains #Goals #BhagtiFlex (lol excuse my 21-year-old internet mind)

But good stuff. Makes me happy whenever another person starts hearing/listening 

You quoted the wrong person. Daas did not hear that sound in meditation.

Brother Tva Prasad did.

Bhul chuk maaf