The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)

5 hours ago, Guest Rohit parashar said:

I hear such sounds continuously. .even when I am not meditating. Sound of Aum. 

Where am I going

You might actually have Tinnitus if you have a constant ring in your ear.

Just listen to it as Aum and you are good to go. Turn it into a meditation to get the benefits. And the benefits of listening to Aum are talked about here-

Guest tulsi

Sometimes khuski or dryness due to japa can cause some sounds as well.  Take Badam rogan and massage it into scalp . Also take an ear bud put few drops of oil & gently massage into ear canal.

Various mahapurakhs in the past who did a lot of japa have extensively used butter or ghee on their scalps during sadhana. Eg, Baba Nand Singh ji would keep 1-2cups of fresh butter in their scalp and by the end of day it would all be gone due to intense tapas of japa & simran.

Simran needs Khurak or else you will get khuski leading to tinnitus or visual disturbances.

Also soak almonds at night  eat those.  Keep moderate in Grihasth.

28 minutes ago, Guest tulsi said:

Simran needs Khurak or else you will get khuski leading to tinnitus or visual disturbances.

Guest Tulsi jee - Can you please kindly explain the visual disturbances in details? Do you mean inability to gauge distances? Like feeling an object is near to you, but it is not? Ability to see through walls? Attracted to certain objects? Change of focus while looking at an object? Like if one is looking at something, the focus automatically shifts to a different object? Difficulty in walking straight?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 7:48 AM, Guest tulsi said:

Various mahapurakhs in the past who did a lot of japa have extensively used butter or ghee on their scalps during sadhana. Eg, Baba Nand Singh ji would keep 1-2cups of fresh butter in their scalp and by the end of day it would all be gone due to intense tapas of japa & simran.

I think that prior to the inner symptoms you describe, the scalp suffers some irritations and rashes- which is probably a good time to start with some scalp care products.  I've had these around the crown quite often and I just put them down to inner cleansing of all the toxins and crap inside us.

Tinnitus and visual or vestibular disturbance usually go hand in hand. There is very commonly a loss of balance, and feelings of queasiness/sickness.. It's this imbalance of inner fluids in ear canal that leads to tinnitus sounds as well visual and balance problems.

@Lucky   Veer,

If one gets fungus in feet, can it also be a sign of cleansing or something ? My dad is using some anti fungal powder & anti-biotic cream which has cured the condition for now.  I know some people will talk about common sense reasons like hygiene. But the reason I ask is because whenever he listens to keertan or Simran , he says he gets intense pressure on top of his head when he listens to Wahe. He said the intensity only increases at Wahe. He just happened to give a hint casually during a conversation lol. Does it mean anything ? Thanks!   Although it did inspire me to do more Waheguru Japa.

7 hours ago, Rock said:

@Lucky   Veer,

If one gets fungus in feet, can it also be a sign of cleansing or something ? My dad is using some anti fungal powder & anti-biotic cream which has cured the condition for now.  I know some people will talk about common sense reasons like hygiene. But the reason I ask is because whenever he listens to keertan or Simran , he says he gets intense pressure on top of his head when he listens to Wahe. He said the intensity only increases at Wahe. He just happened to give a hint casually during a conversation lol. Does it mean anything ? Thanks!   Although it did inspire me to do more Waheguru Japa.

Fungal infections, as you may know occur in "warm" and "moist" environments. They are associated with "heat".

In terms of spiritual sun and moon energies, these refer to heating and cooling as well. My guess is that it kind of makes sense if we associate fungal infections with internal "garami" . So in terms of inner cleansing, I would imagine that yes, these excessive internal garam toxins are breaking out. This heat association is also related with internal tapas, tamogun maya...tamogesic foods....  I don't know too much about this area of study, but with regards to spiritual body mapping; the stomach area(or below diaphragm) is analogous to furnace and tapas because this is where food is burned, metabolised and is the place from where the energy stems from. It's also associated with Sun energy, whereas the cooler moon energy is higher up towards the crown and bindu chakra.. Half-crescent moon in Shiv-Shakti symbols is also associated with same cooler bindu energy................The idea is to have the right balance between sun-moon, Shiv-Shakti, left-right, ida-pingala....etc.. because only when BOTH physical and sukham sareer are in balance - can the central sukhmana channel open up for kundalini(central & non-dual) energy, to rise up and open main gateway.. Only then can we actually see our own MIND in it's Jot saroop.(This is the purpose of human birth out of the lakh chaurasi)

he says he gets intense pressure on top of his head when he listens to Wahe. He said the intensity only increases at Wahe. He just happened to give a hint casually during a conversation lol. Does it mean anything ?

With reference to the technique of japna that has been described on the other thread of "wahe" whilst breathing in and "Guru" when breathing out, The energy is meant to rise upwards on "wahe".   [NOTE- that this is just one technique out of hundreds, no technique holds more Truth than the next one]

I've always stuck with the technique of pulling navel slightly inwards with "wahe" as well. This helps in the sense that the inward pull is also in line with your lower mooldhara(sexual) energies rising upwards....-same path as kundalini.. We all have too much energy lower down which is why "kaam" energy is abundant without effort but the "Transformation" in sikhi is about transforming these kaam and lower, darker energies into the divine energy. -You may remember in physics that the law of conservation is "energy cannot be created or destroyed, but is simply transferred from one form to another"  ............In line with this, it always makes me snigger when someone claims to have got rid of all their kaam because our weakness is kaam-energy. ...and energy can not be got rid of or destroyed. Transformed/transferred,-Yes!

It sounds like your dad's rise of energy upwards, is in line with the idea behind the technique described,... and this sounds good!

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Someone posted this on Facebook today.

Sant isher singh rara sahibs bachan

Firstly, focus the attention on physical saroop of Guruji and do Gurmantar abhiyaas. Simran is done with tongue and thought. This will purify the thoughts and concentration will improve and Anhad Shabad can be heard soon after. Then, leaving simran and dhyaan behind, the concentration has to be on abhiyaas of listening to the Anhad Shabad, the intensity of which will keep increasing and five different types of the same shabad will be heard, concentration will ride the waves of that shabad and keep rising towards Sachkhand. Crossing many other destinations full of lights and many other amazing scenes, it will finally enter the inaccessible world (ਅਗੰਮ ਲੋਕ) where it will forget its self and merge forever. Only thought-free and absolute Waheguru will remain. The soul will rise above the body and merge in the Creator and liberated state will be achieved.
ਸੰਤ ਔਰ ਰਾਮ ਏਕ ਹੀ ਹੈੱ ।

Waheguru I think this was possibly translated from Isher Amolak Lal (Sant Maharaj jis personal diary)    Here's another one, not sure if it's been posted here but the simran(technique) jugti by Sant Maharaj ji is more specfic.

6. CONCENTRATION OF MIND

Positive, selfless actions are devices for the purification of the mind. Then, an 

interest to increase the concentration of mind develops within. This concentration 

is achieved by devotion and worship and through Gurbani Paath, Kirtan and 

Veechar. The Jaap of Mool Mantar also brings the mind in contemplation mode. 

Then there is the path of Simran which is of two types - Jaap (ਜਾਪ) and Ajappa 

(ਅਜੱਪਾ). 

Bani is of four types :

1. Baikhari (ਬੈਖਰੀ)

2. Madhma (ਮੱਧਮਾ)

3. Pasanti (ਪਸੰਤੀ)

4. Parra (ਪਰਾ)

Then there is the Anhad Shabad.

Baikhari Bani is when Waheguru name is recited with tongue.

Madhma Bani is recited in the throat without the use of tongue.

Parra Bani is when Waheguru Jaap is done in the navel.

Rewards:

A Baikhari is 1 unit reward.

Madhma has 10 times the reward of Baikhari

Parra has got 1000 times more reward than Baikhari

Anhad Shabad happen in the forehead.

Trikuti, the knot of the three qualities, is untied and then the Tenth Gate opens p, consciousness reaches its Sachkhand and attains eternal rest.

Firstly, it is important to have infinite love and devotion in the physical Saroop of Guruji. Use this love and concentration to do Simran of GurMantar. Similarly, focus entire attention on the root of two eyes and the nose. With practice and devotion, a time will come when light will appear there and Anhad Shabad, the celestial sounds will be heard which will give immense happiness to the consciousness. With more Abhiyaas, longer periods of such concentration will be achieved and Avastha will keep rising towards upper levels. Crossing spiritual states like Sahansdal Kanwal (ਸਹੰਸਦਲ ਕੰਵਲ), Trikuti, Dasam Duar, Sunn, and Sachkhand, it will finally merge in the Indescribable, limitless Supreme Being. The welfare of human form lies in renouncing worthless desires and obtaining real knowledge instead. 

The entire universe is Hari-roop but it is hard to admit it due to our ego and attachment. Because of this ego and attachment, the cycle of birth and death continues. We can receive love of God only when we hand over our mind to Guruji. 

Lord's love is emancipator and destroyer of all negativity. Just like liking for someone does not develop without looking at their qualities and form, similarly love for Waheguru Ji does not cultivate in the heart until we look and appreciate His infinite qualities and countless forms.

Waheguru would like to add I've been personally told by a puran self realized mahapursh that as consciousness goes from agya chakar to dasam duar/sachkand etc.  The point at top of the forehead, before dasam duar is where much of the "heavy washing" of karma occurs.  Sorry this fool can't remember the exact term mahapursh used to refer to this point :(

18 minutes ago, CuriousSeeker said:

Waheguru, curious question.  Has anyone tried the above jugti, but starting with mool mantar instead of gur mantar?  I want to say it would be the same journey but not sure.

Which jugti are you referring to?

Oh, I see.

What I referred to above is very complex and it can't be done until you have risen above hirda and throat. It is advised to not even attempt until one has become adept in saas graas, saas saas and rom rom simran.

It is not a jugtee that is done with voluntary jap.... but it is very steady,sehaj.... internal-antarghat... I've been doing it for over a year and it is difficult to understand unless you've practiced going very internal. You need to just focus on DHUN and listen to your own jap before any advanced steps. By listening to dhun, you will eventually begin to hear a series of sounds and then anhad.  Once anhad comes, then you will be guided towards the source of the true sounds.

In the techniques that some of us have done on here, we start with jap at breath. This involves naval, stomach/diaphragm breath control... and listening to your own jap. "Listening" is the key....and no ascension will occur unless "dhun mein dhyan, dhyian meh jania"

It is only radhasoamis that  tell you to start jap at agya chakkar , but they also tell you to focus dhyian on their master. Whether this works or not, is none of my business,......I stick with what I understand from the house of Guru Nanak ji.   and these techniques along with experiences and progress are explained in the meditation thread

Guest Bhupesh

I have been hearing tinkling bells which i suppose is the second sound while we are making progress. Could not get the bell sound till now Have been literally searching the bell sound in the shabad I am listening. Please guide me if I am doing it right. 

With Malik's grace,

Bhupesh

I'm hearing various kinds of sounds.sometime like they are coming from right side,sometime like from left side ,some time I wonder if these are coming from behind or for upper side.But these are there and mainly knock the Upper side of head!! I try to find what is goin on in my room,but it's like they are from inside!! But not certain about it!! Last night  a sound of instruments were there but it was like it's coming from very far distance.I tried to find out whether kirtan is being sung somewhere around!! But again it was like it's coming from the roof of room!! And sounds like insects are making noises keep ringing my ears.I 'm feeling little irritated as I'm not sure whether it's really something like ringing sounds or these are actual sounds of insects within my room?? But these sounds are knocking my entire head!!

I really want the end of this suspicion!!

*hard to explain my situation*

*sigh*

On 4/19/2016 at 8:46 PM, BhagatSingh said:

You might actually have Tinnitus if you have a constant ring in your ear.

@Sat1176 or anyone else

Brothers, how would one know that the sounds a person is hearing are due to Naam Simran or are they are an outcome of a medical problem? Please do advise.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

8 hours ago, paapiman said:

@Sat1176 or anyone else

Brothers, how would one know that the sounds a person is hearing are due to Naam Simran or are they are an outcome of a medical problem? Please do advise.

53 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

@paapimanAre you hearing something or do you ask out of curiosity?

It's been explained before on this thread and others. For example....

Tinnitus and visual or vestibular disturbance usually go hand in hand. There is very commonly a loss of balance, and feelings of queasiness/sickness.. It's this imbalance of inner fluids in ear canal that leads to tinnitus sounds as well visual and balance problems.

On 5/26/2016 at 11:23 PM, CuriousSeeker said:

Focusing dhyan on the agya chakar while doing jap (of mool mantar)  

Please don't focus on agya chakra unless you're ready. If you are not ready it will cause a imbalance in pavan and you will go mental. I did this before I was ready when I stayed at this place in India where I was meditating all day. I was at the brink of going mental. I can't describe the pain I went through for a week after to recover because I had been meditating at agya chakra for 3 days. Luckily I went back to my pind and met my grandpa for the first time who in due time I learned is a pooran-brahm gyani. When I met him and told him what was happening to me he understood and explained to me the dangers of meditating at that location when you're not at the proper stage. Then he shared his wisdom with me and put me on the correct path.

56 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When I met him and told him what was happening to me he understood and explained to me the dangers of meditating at that location when you're not at the proper stage. Then he shared his wisdom with me and put me on the correct path.

Brother, what do you do know? How do you meditate? What did your Grandpa suggest?

Bhul chuk maaf