Sat1176

The Ringing Sound (Anhad; Sound Current)

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:30 AM, BhagatSingh said:

I am that 'other' guy who says you should listen to your blood pumping and ear drum vibrating. lol

LOL.  it's good to listen to eardrum. I have been doing that since the age of 5/6 yrs or so. I used to lie down on one side with ear pressed against pillow and then use the beat to help me fall asleep :) .....

It's good for your concentration, don't get me wrong. When I said "I don't advise".. my intention was to not suggest that you sit down for core simran and put fingers in your ears. You can do that along with other meditative actions during the day. I was speaking for the deeper groundwork sessions which we try and schedule at amrit vela etc. to sit down quietly by oneself and be totally relaxed to go antarghat.    .......(It's just that I had this mental image of someone trying to do deep simran, sat down cross-legged, and then struggling to get relaxed whilst trying to maintain fingers in ears! ..lol)

But yes, definitely incorporate dhyian into every task during your normal day to help increase that conscious awareness. Walking, sitting, eating, even washing up, brushing your teeth, getting dressed, combing your hair.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:30 AM, BhagatSingh said:

There's a trap in any practice/ritual.

Watch out for this trap!

What trap?

What happens is that people forget that they are there to train their concentration. people forget that they are there to obtain Yog with Waheguru, ie to merge with their mool swaroop.

They forget to - Chit Vriti Nirodh - to stop the wandering of the mind.

While you are on your inner journey, if you forget your purpose, if you forget why you are there and where you intend to go, then you will get lost in sounds and stuff. These will become like the vicious sirens, and no matter how much you tie yourself up with ropes, they will get to you.

Sound advice.

Must have the right "intentions" is what I'm always saying.

If your intention is to truthfully surrender your mann and mattth to Waheguru, then he takes a hundred steps for your every one. But if your intentions are something else, .. then you just spin around roundabouts..  However, the Ego is so deceptive and clever that it will continue to find new ways to feed off your Mann.  

Mann is like a slave to the ego and we have to train; to still it, grab it and dedicate it to waheguru.   We want to be able to Keep "Har" in the mind, and Mind in "Har" at all times...

ਏ  ਮਨ  ਮੇਰਿਆ  ਤੂ  ਸਦਾ  ਰਹੁ  ਹਰਿ  ਨਾਲੇ  ॥
Ė man meri▫ā ṯū saḏā rahu har nāle.
O my mind, remain always with the Lord.

......and so comes the Anand!!!

I was doing the exact same thing last night as Lucky was stating. You can clearly hear your pulse and is an excellent way to work on rom rom simran.

If I lay my ear down on my hand the pulse was even more easier and louder to listen to. 

On 10/2/2016 at 2:37 AM, tva prasad said:

I can only hear I when i press my ear with my finger, will I be able to hear it without the finger?.

Bro, is there a reason you want to hear the naads? Why not ignore them and keep reading more and more Gurbani?

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, is there a reason you want to hear the naads? Why not ignore them and keep reading more and more Gurbani?

Bhul chuk maaf

Because Gurbani teaches you to search for the Shabad Guru (Naad) within.

6 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

because I like to experiment with my experiences.

9 hours ago, tva prasad said:

because I like to experiment with my experiences.

It is your personal choice brother, but Daas believes that this experimentation is a trap of Maya. You know the end goal is to merge in the supreme soul. These Naads come along, so will Ridhis and Sidhis.

Now the question is - Will you also experiment with Ridhis and Sidhis (spiritual powers)? Will you also try to take a peek at the heavens/other realms, when you get access to them? These are major pitfalls in the journey of a spiritual seeker, which arise from the temptations to experiment.

When the shabad Guru manifests itself in the body, IMHO, you will know that it has happened, irrespective of whether you have experimented with your body or not. It will be more of his grace, than your personal endeavors.

That is why it is so important to have a Brahamgyani to guide you in your spiritual journey, especially for people who start having spiritual experiences.

If one uses these Naads to fight vices (Panj Vikars), that would be completely within the realm of Gurmat. For example, if one gets attacked by anger, then the person tries to focus on the naad to divert his mind away, so that it does not drain his vital energy.

Bhul chuk maaf

4 hours ago, paapiman said:

It is your personal choice brother, but Daas believes that this experimentation is a trap of Maya. You know the end goal is to merge in the supreme soul. These Naads come along, so will Ridhis and Sidhis.

Now the question is - Will you also experiment with Ridhis and Sidhis (spiritual powers)? Will you also try to take a peek at the heavens/other realms, when you get access to them? These are major pitfalls in the journey of a spiritual seeker, which arise from the temptations to experiment.

When the shabad Guru manifests itself in the body, IMHO, you will know that it has happened, irrespective of whether you have experimented with your body or not. It will be more of his grace, than your personal endeavors.

That is why it is so important to have a Brahamgyani to guide you in your spiritual journey, especially for people who start having spiritual experiences.

If one uses these Naads to fight vices (Panj Vikars), that would be completely within the realm of Gurmat. For example, if one gets attacked by anger, then the person tries to focus on the naad to divert his mind away, so that it does not drain his vital energy.

Bhul chuk maaf

I would not experiment with ridhi sidhis

I don't focus on it 24/7 or try to listen to it. I just listen to it at night for about 10 - 15 mins max. When I m trying to get to sleep. I m not attached to it or anything. My goal will ALWAYS be to merge in with god.

those of u who hear the anhad naad or know the answer to my question. Did u guys hear any high pitched noises at the start? What was it like before you heard the anhad naad? All replies appreciated thanx.

Edited by tva prasad

7 hours ago, tva prasad said:

those of u who hear the anhad naad or know the answer to my question. Did u guys hear any high pitched noises at the start? What was it like before you heard the anhad naad? All replies appreciated thanx.

anyone... Waiting ....waiting.....

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:05 PM, tva prasad said:

Very difficult to say because it's not a linear stream of uniform events because we are all different and here to learn our own lessons with our own learning curves.

There are many sounds that come and go before anhad gets pargat. These sounds all vary for each one of us and I'm sure they are related to the frequencies of nadi channels, chakras etc.. The idea is that you have to keep passing them and continuing with your jaap. The anhad shabad is itself indescribable and it won't manifest if you search for it or have your "matt' questioning for it.  The key is to lay, sacrifice, baliharey your mann and matt to Guru and then guru's matt takes over(Gurmat).

Even if someone replies yes or no, to your question of high pitched sounds, it will still not be of much benefit or any concrete reassurance.

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2014 at 5:43 PM, Sat1176 said:

This one is the basic high pitched peeeee that one might hear even when not exposed to loud sounds. I may be wrong but this happens in the initial stages before hearing anhad as I used to hear it first.

this is the sound I have been hearing since the past few days. I have been ignoring it and carrying on with meditation. But it is bugging me. It is a bit too high for my liking. Should I keep on ignoring it??? Btw I m not exposed to loud sounds. All replies are appreciated thanx in advance.

On 10/4/2016 at 10:10 AM, Sat1176 said:

I was doing the exact same thing last night as Lucky was stating. You can clearly hear your pulse and is an excellent way to work on rom rom simran.

If I lay my ear down on my hand the pulse was even more easier and louder to listen to. 

Sorry, this is abit off topic but can one do the rom rom simran technique with pulse points instead of the heart? would it be the same thing? 

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 11:45 AM, tva prasad said:

this is the sound I have been hearing since the past few days. I have been ignoring it and carrying on with meditation. But it is bugging me. It is a bit too high for my liking. Should I keep on ignoring it??? Btw I m not exposed to loud sounds. All replies are appreciated thanx in advance.

Ignore it, it comes and goes.

Guest Osho Sandeep

If someone wants to experience these sounds and to know the significance regarding spiritual journey thereon , may come to Osho Dharam Nanak Dhan , Moorthal or visit www.Oshodhara.org.in or download Oshodhara app from Google play. These sounds are base for next spiritual destinations like surati, nirati, jyoti Darshan, urja jagran, divya swad , chaitanya roop and anand, prem, bhakti yog etc and no doctor or practitioner can give solution. It is sign of past life spiritual journies of some people as spiritual journey never get wasted . You will listen these sounds in only 5 days and will get a way to next journey by live masters who have tasted enlightenment . You can also ask your queries and all the curriculum is practical and scientific approach.

I was just watching a live broadcast on the Shri Bhucho Sahib youtube channel and noticed that after the ardas at around 6:15pm local time they play instruments resembling the panch shabad in unison (anhad shabad). :)

Go to time index 17:15 to listen

On 2014-1-30 at 6:59 AM, Sat1176 said:

omnipotent

Thanks for a good discussion. I have tinnitus and this forum gave me a direction. I want to purchase the book on ringging mentioned in the start but its of 55 dollars, looks costly. Is it possible to purchase cheaper version to read online?

Satpal

19 hours ago, Satpal Singh said:

Thanks for a good discussion. I have tinnitus and this forum gave me a direction. I want to purchase the book on ringging mentioned in the start but its of 55 dollars, looks costly. Is it possible to purchase cheaper version to read online?

Satpal

Try the American site

https://www.amazon.com/Ringing-Sound-Introduction-Current/dp/0966535804/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496949785&sr=8-1&keywords=The+ringing+sound

On 2016-12-21 at 0:15 PM, Sat1176 said:

I was just watching a live broadcast on the Shri Bhucho Sahib youtube channel and noticed that after the ardas at around 6:15pm local time they play instruments resembling the panch shabad in unison (anhad shabad). :)

Go to time index 17:15 to listen

WOW THAT IS AWESOME,,, i have never seen or heard that before, 

thanks for sharing sat...

Listen from time index 9mins. :-)

She talks of anhad sounds

Ghanta nadam : Sound of a bell ringing.
 Sankha nadam : Sound of a conch shell
 Vina nadam : Nasal sound, humming sound like that of wire string instrument.
 Venu nadam : Sound of a flute.
 Mridamga nadam: Sound of a big brass drum

Tasting amrit in the mouth etc...

On 2017-07-14 at 11:35 AM, Sat1176 said:

Listen from time index 9mins. :-)

She talks of anhad sounds

Ghanta nadam : Sound of a bell ringing.
 Sankha nadam : Sound of a conch shell
 Vina nadam : Nasal sound, humming sound like that of wire string instrument.
 Venu nadam : Sound of a flute.
 Mridamga nadam: Sound of a big brass drum

Tasting amrit in the mouth etc...

great video and teachings! thnx for sharing!

Read this post on Facebook. Enlightening read.

ANHAD SABAD

Anhad means continuous or nonstop. Sabad in Gurbani means the utterance of God. So Anhad Sabad means Divine Utterance which is still going on in the universe. It is not an utterance in the physical world where sound is produced by striking two material parts which dies as the energy that produced it is used up fighting the resistance of the media in which it travels. Anhad Sabad started in sunn, the materially void infinite space and is still going in sunn which encloses the whole universe: "Antar sunnun bahar sunnum tribhavan sunmusnum" p-943. It is this Sabad that created the universe:"Ek kwaa-ay te sab hoaa” p-1002" and it is with this Sabad that it is destroyed and created again:

"Utpat parlo sabday hovay. Sabday he phir opat hao-vay" p-117.

God is fully expressed in Anhad Sabad and it is also called Naam in Gurbani. Naam carries in it Divine Hukam/ Will, Divine Plan of creation, preservation and destruction, Divine Intelligence/ Wisdom/ Consciousness, Divine Laws and everything what God is. It created everything and is in everything:"Jeta keeta teta Naaon. Vin Naavain naheen ko thaaon” p-4. Naam or Anhad Sabad stays in every creation of God as Soul. So God extends into us as Sabad or Naam. Guru Nanak calls this Sabad as His Guru: “Sabad Guru surat dhun chela” p-943. 
It is to this Sabad, Gurbani is advising us to connect to  hear our Creator or Father and it is with this Sabad that we link with Naam which cleans our mind and we can connect with God Himself. Without this Sabad everybody is in spiritual darkness and Sabad enlightens the mind:
"Jeean andar jeeo Sabad hai jit Sauh milaava ho-ay.
Bin Sabday jag anher hai Sabdey pargat ho-ay." p-1250

This Sabad can be heard by taking our consciousness inside where it resides. The only way to do it is to silence our mind form its thoughts of the physical world or Maya. Naam Jpana is means to do that. This is done by cyclic utterance of Gurmantar and listen to it attentively till our surti is lost into the chant of it and we disconnect from our thoughts and land into sunn  or mentally quiet state where Naam or Sabad reside. Even a short experience in that state is very relaxing and peaceful. If practiced in the company of experienced practitioners one will soon start hearing the Anhad Sabad in your ears (can be mistaken for tinnitus problem). The sounds generally heard are: ringing of bells, flute, chirping of birds in the morning, sounds of crickets in nature in the evening, rebab, sitar, drums, your own heart beat etc. 

When these sounds are heard in sunn state it is direct link to Sabad or Naam. It is then that our mind start getting cleansed up of dirt of Maya and getting closer to higher spiritual stages. We are advised to hear these Sabads:
"Mun dhovo Sabad laago Har sio raho chit laa-ay." p-919

As the mind gets further cleansing by regular Japna, it will start hearing Sehaj Dhun- a high frequency sharp low volume note which goes on all the time. This happens when mind reaches third sunn or dasam duaar or doorway to enter divine mansion. At that point all other nine doors of the body are closed and the tenth one is reached where Anhad Sabad goes on day and night and is heard by following the Guru's advise:
"Nau dar thaakay dhavat raha-ay. Dasvain nij ghar vaasa paa-ay.
Othay Anhad Sabad vajay din raatee. Gurrnatee Sabad sunaavania." p-124

When time comes for union with God Anhad Sabad changes to Toor (sound of long horn played outside Gurdwaras and temples) "Binvant Nanak Gur charan laagay vaajay Anhad Tooray"p-917, followed by Naad, a loud low frequency humming sound before you are let into Sach Ghar or Divine Mansion: "Anahad Banee Naad vjaaia p-375".  When mind makes entry into Sach Ghar, Anhad  Sabad changes to Panch Shabad which welcomes the child of God to His House; who is the Emperor of the entire universe:
"Vaajay panch Shabad tit ghar subhaagay" p-917.

Mind then is fully awakened to its spiritual self by the Sabad.
"Dhun upjee Sabad jgaaia." p-1039

Free from bondage of Maya, mind sees nothing but Parkaash or Divine Light/ Jot and finally meets Beloved Lord:
"Pargati Jot milay Ram Piaray." p-375

Even  Gurbani reaches the Gurus through Sabads. They translate the meaning of Sabad into local language for people to understand it and practice on it. God's language is not Punjabi but Sabads the meaning of which only the Gurmukhs understand it:
"Sabde upjay amrit bani Gurmukh aakh vkhaavania:"

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.