The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)

• 3 months later...

This one is the basic high pitched peeeee that one might hear even when not exposed to loud sounds. I may be wrong but this happens in the initial stages before hearing anhad as I used to hear it first.

I found this video which plays a range of sound frequencies, the sound I hear is 12-12.5 khz

• 4 weeks later...

Clarified in post. :)

The details discussed in those books is too deep to be said on the average stage so you won't find audio recordings of such bachans. The first part of each discourse write up clearly states that these were baba ji''s bachans with a group of serious spiritual seekers irregardless of their background or following.

Edited by Sat1176

• 3 weeks later...

This very Shabad is also the guide for thr sikh disciple in the inner spiritual planes ( Shabad Guru(guide), Dhun(soul) chela(disciple)..... do not worry, one will not get distracted by these sounds, as they will pull one´s attention, will catch automaticaly one´s attention...and each sound is a milestone, means depending on what one hears, shows one´s level of consciousness reached... of course, these things are not to be talked of so lightly, or debated ... they to be experienced by each one of us.

i agree... i have heard various sounds...

i have a constant ringing in my ears...

but, there have been some sounds which beyond any doubt have been something completely else...they have swept me off my feet (attentionconsiousness) :)

You just know if something is genuine, it leaves no doubt or question..

i agree... i have heard various sounds...

i have a constant ringing in my ears...

but, there have been some sounds which beyond any doubt have been something completely else...they have swept me off my feet (attentionconsiousness) :)

You just know if something is genuine, it leaves no doubt or question..

Hearty congartulations Paa jee,

at least there is someone blessed by Him, who does the right devotion and confirms that the teachings of our Guru Sahibans, if done faithfully, is the only means to enter the inner spiritual realms, where the Truth permeates.

And this very Truth is perceived purer and purer as one ascends higher and higher in the vehicle of Naam and the fuel of Love for His Lotus Feet.

Dear brother keep up with your spiritual practices, may God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

I have experienced sounds I can't describe to others during some spiritually transformative events. Some were like static, rushing, pusling, electrical, vibrational sounds..... Other times more like wind. I have also heard sounds that were more like chimes like I was surrounded by hundreds of wind chimes. It's really difficult to explain to others that the sounds are indeed actually 'heard' even though they are not something from the outside environment.

Thing is what we consider to be sound is only what our brain deciphers the electrical signals to be. ALL sound is internal. Until our brain deciphers the pressure waves in the air and the choclea changes it to electrical signals.... What we perceive as sound does not exist at all. Sound requires a source, a medium, and a receiver. Without the receiver (your ear) it remains as mere pressure waves in a medium (air). So to me the interesting thing is to wonder where are we receiving the signals from, that we are recognizing as sound? And I find it very very awe inspiring that over 500 years ago, our Gurus knew that the basis of sound (and everything in existence) was vibration, long before science knew!!

Hearty congartulations Paa jee,

at least there is someone blessed by Him, who does the right devotion and confirms that the teachings of our Guru Sahibans, if done faithfully, is the only means to enter the inner spiritual realms, where the Truth permeates.

And this very Truth is perceived purer and purer as one ascends higher and higher in the vehicle of Naam and the fuel of Love for His Lotus Feet.

Dear brother keep up with your spiritual practices, may God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Thank you ji for the kind words...

The one thing that i have learned is that I (ego) am not capable of anything...the most profound and immensely powerful experiences i've had have occured spontaneously and through no control of myself...i have literally had to surrender to it...

but then a few days later the Ego mind starts ticking again trying to put logic and method to what occured..."oh it happened because you were sat in a certain way, or were putting your attention in a particular place, or foccused on a particular sound"...and then my next amrit vela simran is thwarted with these thoughts "try this, try that, can i hear this, can i see that"...and then i feel so far away again :(

All is Him, I am nothing and am not capable of doing anything...

the only thing that i bring to the table is Gurmanter, an often aching heart and a thirsty soul...

Edited by chzS1ngh

Welcome ChazS1ngh !

You are right, it really pushes your inner ego to the limits at times.

I have to constantly remind myself that it is ALL him and his kirpa.

All I ever pray and ask for is that LOVE keep getting enshrined and stronger. I beg that I don't accidentally let a veil come over that connection.

We all know just how easy that is in the world we live in.

I hope you inspire and get inspired on this forum.

Many members have influenced and motivated each other in many aspects. I think there is material and information on here that you will not find anywhere else or that no person, institution or gurudwara would ever have told you.

Most of it is confirmed and acknowledged in some sort of practical approach or experience, and I don't know anywhere else where these kind of contributions exist.

indeed, am enjoying the input of 'open minded' individuals that are more interested in inspiring and learning than combating beliefs...

So should we concentrate on such sounds like high frequence buzz or ring sounds or we should just ignore them???

As far as I realize, in the early stages- we should keep Gurmantar/Shabad at the forefront.

I always kept, or tried to keep the main dhyan on the gurmantar and jap.

Initially, I probably tried to ignore them because at that point I didn't have much understanding...but I always thought that waheguru knows I'm trying to jap, so he must be putting them there for some reason.

But you should acknowledge them and not let them digress you away from gurmantar.

Later, the sounds start to get captivating and magnetic, and they begin to pull you in deeper.

Edited by Lucky

So should we concentrate on such sounds like high frequence buzz or ring sounds or we should just ignore them???

As Lucky Jee said, one should start with the Simran/jap. But one should keep in mind that the simran is needed for concentration and focusing one´s dispersed attention.

One may ask, o.k, but concentration for what?

Well, for the only purpose to concentrate that much sufficient , as to perceive the inner reality, and Nam or Shabad.

Throughout the teachings, we know that Wahiguru, is in reality nothing, but Shabad. And as such infinite conscious energy, which has Jot as refulgence and blissful sound, as its manifestations in those spiritual realms, especially more as such, in Sach Khand.

So repetition of Gurmanter or Nam Simran, has a purpose to fulfill also. It is like a rubber ring we put to a child, to learn to be in the water, and be an aid to learn swimming.

Once the child learns swimming and has become familiar with the water with continuos practice, it does not need the rubber ring anymore. The child jumps directly into the water (swimming pool / beach) and starts swimming in a natural manner.

All our preparations in Simran or meditation, are also for preparing and purifying ourselves, in order to catch hold of that Sound which is constantly reverbating within, and to ultimately go with it by mounting on it, and in the end, to merge into it.

So instead to ignore the sounds you hear, rather be thankful to the Lord Wahiguru, for blessing you to listen His voice (sound/s).

May God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

The ringing in the ears which is called Tinnitus is not Anhad Shabad. Radhasoamis focus on the tinnitus and think it is Anhad Shabad they are hearing. Anhad Shabad or the unstuck sound is something that is very divine and out of this world and this avastha is realized only in the higher stages in the spiritual ladder.

i have read a lot of beas books..radhaswamis dont consider tinnitus as anhad shabad..but they consider that these innitial sounds are the way to the anhad shabd..from practical experience my grandfather who is both amrit dhari and radhaswami once heard a bell sound which took him out of the body..he could see his body in front..the he was caried by some force and he saw a very bright light...he said that it was so bright that even sun is nothing when compared..it all happened due to that uplifting bell sound..so i believe along with waheguru jap this exercise should also be included

• 2 weeks later...

with Guru Ji's grace i have experienced this Loud Bell sound, and it literally took me away...

I'm not sure there is any additional exercise here....i was only doing Waheguru Simran during Amrit Vela...and the first time i heard the Bell was when i went back to bed after my Simran to get a couple of extra hours sleep...so i wasn't doing anything in particular or even listening out for sounds :)

So then what could it be other than Grace...all is Waheguru. Other people may be able to induce the same experience through effort or method, but me personally i havent...i also found that it literally whisked me away...i didnt have much choice in the matter :)

i am finding more and more, that at some point on this journey, you just have to surrender more and more, and the more your surrender, the more unravels..

• 2 weeks later...