The Ringing Sound (Anhad Shabad; Sound Current)

I'm not going to argue or debate with you Paapiman because it is not something anyone can prove or show anyone. I only wish that Waheguru ji blesses you with an opportunity to hear it for yourself on the path of Naam abhiyaas.

Do us a favour though and don't ruin this thread. You want to start one that is anti anhad or down plays anhad please do it there so like minded people can read and post on it. Leave this one for those of us who wish to progress and believe there is some truth in them. I find your negativity annoying, discouraging and slightly off putting. 

Bhul chuk maaf

18 minutes ago, Sat1176 said:

I'm not going to argue or debate with you Paapiman because it is not something anyone can prove or show anyone. I only wish that Waheguru ji blesses you with an opportunity to hear it for yourself on the path of Naam abhiyaas.

Do us a favour though and don't ruin this thread. You want to start one that is anti anhad or down plays anhad please do it there so like minded people can read and post on it. Leave this one for those of us who wish to progress and believe there is some truth in them. I find your negativity annoying, discouraging and slightly off putting. 

Bhul chuk maaf

Calm down brother. Daas did not even quote you (in the previous post). When did Daas say that I am anti-anahad? 

Daas has defended Gurmukh scholars. What is wrong with that? How did negativity come into this? People can have different opinions.

Anyways, my apologies if I said anything wrong.

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, Lucky said:

A lot of the kathas and other materials on anhad were wrong and misleading if you remember Sat?... that's why it took ages to work out what was what and what we should be looking for. At last we can look into gurbani ourselves and have a much better idea of what something refers to.

Please note Paapiman, that bhai Rahdir's book(which you mention) was one that was very misleading for me. This confusion is mentioned in early pages of other meditation thread. The book self created and divided so called yoga shabads and gurmat shabads... which is baloney.... Then the book comes across as if he never heard the sounds mentioned, again totally misleading,.. which raises doubts. ..In all honesty, I doubt most of the stuff from that camp...because there are avasthas where raags will be heard at different pitches and sound notes....yet the camp rejects ragmala?

Papiman,f you really want to find the truth, Guru Nanak tells you that you won't find it by reading scholars or veds... you can only find it yourself by doing the practical. ... and I'm afraid that recording by gyani  is wrong and is not talking from  experience.,

4 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

Brothers, you need to understand my situation. Who does Daas trust - you guys or famous Gurmukhs? It's an ethical dilemma. Gurparsaad, Daas will find out one day.

Also, there is a possibility that both camps (you guys and the Gurmukhs scholars), are right. Maybe talking from different perspectives and having unique personal experiences?

Bhul chuk maaf 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2015 at 11:51 AM, paapiman said:

Also, there is a possibility that both camps (you guys and the Gurmukhs scholars), are right. Maybe talking from different perspectives and having unique personal experiences?

I'm afraid two camps can't both be right because there is only One EK ONKAR.   Some scholars are wrong and it becomes apparent whether they have naam or not. There is no point fooling yourself if you are not willing to make effort to earn your own naam. What method you use, is open to choice, Waheguru isn't concerned about that. What does matter is ignorance, because it keeps you going around in circles instead of progressing.

Anyone seen this movie?

Have a read, Hollywood made a film about anhad sounds. 

http://dreamsawakemovie.com/inner_sound/

Several thematic elements are presented within the plot structure of “Dreams Awake.” One is the concept of the inner sound, which has its basis in the creation myths, spiritual constructs and religious texts of many ancient cultures. The main character, Hope, is continually bothered by an inner ringing noise she attributes to a medical condition. But as they increase beyond her control, we learn there is much more to it than a traditional explanation.

Inner Sound – The Sound of Silence

“The sound is the source of all manifestation … The knower of the mystery of sound knows the mystery of the whole universe.”

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.”

“For in the beginning of the times so did we all share in the Holy Stream of Sound that gave birth to all creation.”

“In the beginning was OM.”

Virtually every civilization in the world has had some type of creation myth that involved sound, usually sound that was equated with consciousness and that this celestial sound was the first creation, so that everything else created came from such ‘otherworldly’ sound in the ether.  A number of spiritual, mystical and religious texts have spoken of this metaphysical equation of sound as an element of their most honored traditions.

Plato wrote that the cosmos was constructed according to musical intervals and proportions.  Pythagoras called it ‘Music of the Spheres’ and believed that it fills our inner ears and we are constantly in contact with it from the moment of our birth.  Another Greek philosopher, Heraclitus, called it ‘Logos’ (divine word or sound).  Some Native American traditions call it ‘Song of the Creator,’ while the Bible calls it ‘The Word’ and ‘Voice of Many Waters’.  Hindus refer to it as ‘Anahad Shabd’ (unlimited tone or unstruck melody) and ‘Akash Bani’ (voice from the heavens), while the Sufis say it is ‘Saute Surmad’ (tone that fills the cosmos).  Lao Tzu described the Tao as ‘unimpeded harmony’ and referred to the ‘Great Tone’ as the source of all things.  Guru Nanak built Sikhism on the foundations of this ‘cosmic tone’.  Some believe the knowledge of this ‘mystery tone’ goes back even farther, beyond the origins of Hinduism, and to the ancient Egyptians of several thousand B.C.  Others believe that Jesus taught it to his inner circle, his disciples, and also that Mohammed was aware of it when he was enlightened in the cave at Gare-Hira.  Several spiritual Masters teach that this sound of God is in everyone and that we explore this inner space through meditation.  A number of ancient Gnostics mystical texts refer to hearing the sound of God while in deep meditation states. Today, these traditions are a part of the Radhasoami movement, as well as several others around the world.  In addition, a number of other cultures, such as the Aborigines, Aztecs, Eskimos, Malayans and Persians all believed that the universe originated in sound.

The details of these esoteric theories are as follows.  This one sound is divided into unlimited frequencies or tones that generate a geometric wave pattern containing the information of its order and structure in nature.  Sound is in this way a storage and transfer system for information or the intelligence of the universe bio-system.  Much of our life is spent under the influence of disorganized, chaotic, frantic sound.  However, the more time one spends within the influence of highly organized and repeating fractal tone patterns, the more solution orientated is the information attracted and maintained in one’s energy field.  This can help allow stress to be replaced with ease by relaxation, which is why the sacred geometry of sound is a foundation for sound healing.  In addition, symbols are the language of the unconscious and higher conscious mental bodies, and they provide the keys to one’s journey into the sensations of tone.  The physical body, the subtle bodies and their points of confluence, vibrate at different frequencies.  These are modified or literally attuned by the resonation of the inner sound current, sacred algorithms or mantras, which can then harmonize and realign the dense and subtle components of the energetic body.

It has also been said that the vibrations of this sound are too fine to be audible, making it difficult to be aware of these very fine, ethereal vibrations.  However, as this sound is supposedly always resounding in the soul and when one attains a certain level of stillness and concentration, the sound can become audible.  It is supposedly the ringing tone one can hear when all other sounds are silent.  Depending upon the person, a variety of sounds may be heard, similar to the following physical representations; rushing waters, thunder, ringing bells, conch sounds, gong echoes, steam engine, crickets chirping, bees or hummingbirds flying, or even instruments like harps, horns, flutes or lutes being played.  Ascetics blow a horn, a shell or a flute to awaken this inner tone in them.  The bells and gongs in churches and temples are meant to suggest this same inner sound and thus lead one to take up the clarion call towards the inner life.

In the even deeper esoteric world of mystics, there is a spiritual practice (meditation) called Surat Shabd(a) Yoga, (yoga of the celestial sound current), which is followed by a number of ancient spiritual traditions.  Surat means “soul,” shabd means “word” and yoga means “union.”  Word means the “Sound Current,” the “Audible Life Stream” or the “Essence of the Absolute Supreme Being.”  That is, the dynamic force of creative energy that was sent out, as sound vibration, from the Supreme Being/Force into the abyss of space at the dawn of the universe’s manifestation, and that is being sent forth, through the ages, framing all things that constitute and inhabit the universe.  It is also implied that through this practice of meditation, one can learn to access the workings of this inner sound and actually travel spiritually into other levels or dimensions within the inner cosmos.  If one follows the theory on down to biological human beings, it says this inner sound is the spiritual energy that actually drives your consciousness and provides the energy to hold your genetic structure in balance.  And that this energy is supplied through an umbilical cord arrangement, and this ringing or buzzing sound we all can actually hear is the current flow in that power line.  And thus, that one’s hair swirl is physical evidence of its path, as it enters at that point in a vortex pattern.

Today there is a popular, still developing theory among physicists called String Theory, which attempts to provide a complete, unified and consistent description of the fundamental structure of our universe.  Very basically, it explains the smallest possible component of reality as a vibrating string, or a bundle of them intertwined, and that how matter is created depends on the way these strings vibrate.  And of course when something vibrates, it creates a tone or harmonic of tones.  String theory tries to bridge and tie together the theories of relativity and quantum mechanics into the currently accepted “Big Bang” theory of the universe’s creation.  In fact, the very word Universe means ‘one song’, uni meaning one and verse meaning song.  Is creation merely a song being sung or played?  A cosmic symphony of sorts?  And each of us exists as a unique harmonic signature within that symphony?

• 2 weeks later...

Got dvd today and have just finished watching it.

Left me with a sense of awe and warmth. It's very basic and the story line quite simple, but the key points I noted was the sound they played when she hears the inner sound was just like the high pitched whistle some of us have heard. Those who have heard it will instantly recognise it. Her spiritual guide in the movie directs her to not just ignore it when it happens but just focus on it and let it guide her. Simply relax into it. When she does that the inner vision and understanding happen.

Interesting how the sound was phrased as being "That's Your Wakeup Call" and this life is just the dream....

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2015 at 6:52 PM, Ragmaala said:

Belief does not matter, what matters is experience through personal Sadhana.

Bro, you have a good point, but we also need to remember that personal spiritual experiences can be nullified in the court of Waheguru jee, if ego comes into play.

Biggest thing in spirituality for Sikhs is grace/nadar of Sri Satguru jee.

Before Sri Satguru jee took form, there were many people, who were having spiritual personal experiences. IMHO, what many people were lacking then, was humility. Sri Satguru jee displayed unparalleled examples of utter humility. Taking pride in spiritual experiences is as dangerous as having pride of worldly possessions. That is why, there is so much focus on ego in Gurbani.

I am myself badly infected with ego. Hopefully, Maharaaj kirpa karan.

Anyways, Gurparsaad, will start a new topic on Anahat Shabad.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 2016-01-25 at 5:18 AM, paapiman said:

Bro, you have a good point, but we also need to remember that personal spiritual experiences can be nullified in the court of Waheguru jee, if ego comes into play.

Biggest thing in spirituality for Sikhs is grace/nadar of Sri Satguru jee.

Before Sri Satguru jee took form, there were many people, who were having spiritual personal experiences. IMHO, what many people were lacking then, was humility. Sri Satguru jee displayed unparalleled examples of utter humility. Taking pride in spiritual experiences is as dangerous as having pride of worldly possessions. That is why, there is so much focus on ego in Gurbani.

I am myself badly infected with ego. Hopefully, Maharaaj kirpa karan.

Anyways, Gurparsaad, will start a new topic on Anahat Shabad.

Bhul chuk maaf

This is also a natural part of that process, which is known as human being.

Haumai deerag rog hai daru bhi is mae
Ego will inflate from time to time and you have to aim the spotlight of your conscious awareness at it and recognize it as ego, right when it happens, and you have to do that each and every moment of your life, that is Shwaas Giraas.

It's one thing to say "I have ego", it's another to recognize it moment to moment in everyday life. That is, be able to look within and see "this right here is ego" and "this is not ego".

It might appear as a hole that you trying to fill. It might appear as a child throwing a tantrum. It might appear like an itch. However it appears in the moment, recognize it with clarity and recognize it as the doing of Waheguru.

I'm not going to make claims that what I heard was in fact Anhad Naad... but I did hear 'sounds' during meditation and simran which were definitely NOT physically originated. And I came across a video recently that gave me goosebumps, because the sound was very similar. The video had sounds from space... the one in particular was sounds from Jupiter but similar sounds can be heard recorded from other sources in space. It's basically electromagnetic energy modulated into frequency range we can hear.  It sounds like a chorus of ALL sounds possible, and all frequencies at once. It's very hard to describe, but the recording by Nasa came VERY VERY eerily similar to what I have heard during Simran / meditation many times. And I heard these sounds as if they were right there, physically... but I KNOW they were not physical in nature.

On December 20, 2015 at 3:51 PM, paapiman said:

Brothers, you need to understand my situation. Who does Daas trust - you guys or famous Gurmukhs? It's an ethical dilemma. Gurparsaad, Daas will find out one day.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Does having fame somehow make someone more 'right', or does it just mean they are more charismatic? 

Instead of trying to figure out who to believe why not find out for yourself through actual practice? 

This is not about who is right or wrong... It's about actual personal experiences, knowing vs believing. 

Not that you will see this... I know you blocked me lol. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have just been reading the book Three Truths of Well Being: Empower Your Body, Mind and Energy for Joyful Living- by Sadhguru available in the downloads section of this forum.

Was interesting to note the following exercise as suggested by him.

A human being breathes twelve to fifteen times per minute, normally. If you reduce it to eleven, you will know the ways of the outermost part of the earth or the atmosphere (i.e. you will become meteorologically sensitive). If you reduce it to nine, you will know the language of the other creatures on this planet. If you reduce it to seven, you will know the very language of the earth. If you reduce it to five , you will know the language of the source of creation. This is not about increasing your aerobic capacity. Nor is it about forcefully depriving yourself of breath. A combination of hatha yoga and kriya will gradually increase your lung capacity, but above all, will help you achieve a certain alignment, a certain ease, so that your system evolves to a state of stability where there is no static, no crackle; it just perceives everything.

2 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Have just been reading the book Three Truths of Well Being: Empower Your Body, Mind and Energy for Joyful Living- by Sadhguru available in the downloads section of this forum.

A human being breathes twelve to fifteen times per minute, normally. If you reduce it to eleven, you will know the ways of the outermost part of the earth or the atmosphere (i.e. you will become meteorologically sensitive). If you reduce it to nine, you will know the language of the other creatures on this planet. If you reduce it to seven, you will know the very language of the earth. If you reduce it to five , you will know the language of the source of creation. This is not about increasing your aerobic capacity. Nor is it about forcefully depriving yourself of breath. A combination of hatha yoga and kriya will gradually increase your lung capacity, but above all, will help you achieve a certain alignment, a certain ease, so that your system evolves to a state of stability where there is no static, no crackle; it just perceives everything.

There is an iphone app thats great for breath training called Pranayama. You can set number of breaths per min, how long to hold etc. I was using it to increase lung capacity for Navy (escape traning for subs etc). And it's very good!  Infact you can go even lower than 5 per min!

4 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Although I dont agree with Sadhguru regarding hiding his techniques from public, or charging money for Isha Programs and some other stuff.

But he does have a lot of good stuff to say. That Guy is full of wisdom, and only youtube personality that i find genuine.

He is more on the side of Shiva/Adi Yoga.

One of my close friend is a devotee of Sadhguru , took initiation from him . He lives at his ashram in Coimbatore. He swears by the bliss that he feels when close to dhyanalinga. Maybe his previous kamai or shakti of sadhguru..who knows?

My friend always make me jealous, how come he can experience bliss and I am a sikh and I am no where near it lol.

3 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Although I dont agree with Sadhguru regarding hiding his techniques from public, or charging money for Isha Programs and some other stuff.

But he does have a lot of good stuff to say. That Guy is full of wisdom, and only youtube personality that i find genuine.

He is more on the side of Shiva/Adi Yoga.

One of my close friend is a devotee of Sadhguru , took initiation from him . He lives at his ashram in Coimbatore. He swears by the bliss that he feels when close to dhyanalinga. Maybe his previous kamai or shakti of sadhguru..who knows?

My friend always make me jealous, how come he can experience bliss and I am a sikh and I am no where near it lol.

Have you ever tried Hemi-Sync/Brainwave entrainment? It uses offset frequencies in headphones which cause a phantom vibration at a specific frequency. Phantom because the vibration itself is not really there, its an effect of the offset tonals and it's essentially 'all in your head'.  The phantom vibration actually causes your brainwave pattern to adjust to it. It can be embedded behind music and still work.  The frequencies are designed to bring you into deeper and deeper states of consciousness. With the aim to be conscious awareness but deep meditative. Robert Munroe pioneered the technique and you can find many apps / cd's etc with it. Aim to find a recording that gets you to cusp between Alpha (deep relaxation but conscious awareness) and theta (deep meditative state).  Somewhere right around 7 Hz. You can find an app for iphone that will add whatever frequencies you want to any music on your device (simran, kirtan or whatever).

Seriously try it!

SK (work)

• 2 weeks later...

Supreme God lodged in  bodies, minds, intellects, is  a  flame  without smoke,  resplendence alone,  devoid  of  shadow.”  People who have  beheld this  Light,  have  given  testimony  in  various ways.  Some  say it  is  like  a flash  of  lightening  blinding one’s eyes.  Some describe it as  a  steady  golden  light like  that of the rising  sun.  Some say  it is  cool  like that of  the moon. Some say  it is  like a  star  twinkling  in  the space  of  one’s heart.  Some say  it is  a  flame without smoke.  Not only  the visions,  but also  the sounds  we hear  as  we approach  the Atman, are  described in  different  scriptures. “This  marvel  is the Master  of  past,  present  and  future.  He is  always  the same,  today  and  tomorrow.”  A  grand  immediacy  of Presence and  Wealth  which  can  be described only  as Omnipresence.

Some  mystics  say that  when  He  enters  this  body, it is  like an  elephant  entering  a  thatched  rut,  breaking  it into  pieces. The  body  cannot  bear  it. It  is  said that Ramakrishna Paramhamsa suffered  from his  final  illness  on account of  repeated  God-experience.  Everything in  regard to  God  is  a  marvel:  How to  meditate  on  Him,  how He comes, how  He  is,  how  we  behold  Him.   

Guest Jeetu wadhwa

I'm 25 yrs old..I did this meditation for few days.. Now i m hearing this electric sound all time... In panic i went to doctor, he said its tinnitus or auditory hallucination.. I said, it has happend only after meditation.. 

In fear and panic i have stoped doing meditation...  As fear has took over my sleep and day to day activities... 

Please help me .. Please.. What i do to stop hearing these sounds.. 0-9890567262 pls contact me.

16 hours ago, Guest Jeetu wadhwa said:

I'm 25 yrs old..I did this meditation for few days.. Now i m hearing this electric sound all time... In panic i went to doctor, he said its tinnitus or auditory hallucination.. I said, it has happend only after meditation.. 

In fear and panic i have stoped doing meditation...  As fear has took over my sleep and day to day activities... 

Please help me .. Please.. What i do to stop hearing these sounds.. 0-9890567262 pls contact me.

Why are you scared or in panic? Is that sound troubling you? What did the doctor say, you should do?

Bhul chuk maaf

• 1 month later...
Guest Rohit parashar
On 1/29/2014 at 1:00 AM, Jonny101 said:

The ringing in the ears which is called Tinnitus is not Anhad Shabad. Radhasoamis focus on the tinnitus and think it is Anhad Shabad they are hearing. Anhad Shabad or the unstuck sound is something that is very divine and out of this world and this avastha is realized only in the higher stages in the spiritual ladder.

I hear such sounds continuously. .even when I am not meditating. Sound of Aum. 

Where am I going