"prof" Inder "singh" Ghagga...

JungChamkaur

Its so sad we are so weak now.

People listen to these idiots because they always go against the status quo. At one time even Ghagga was a big votary of the Dasam Granth. But seeing how DAL KHALSA UK, India and other entities play a divide and rule game so do they. Ghagga and Dhunda are both the self-styled messiah's of the panth.

JC and jtloc, no one should have to be killed for having different views. The traditional Sikh response to such people has been to answer them in the same way which is though Vichaar. Counter them with words not the sword. The sword is only used against the sword in defense. You know the old saying, the pen is mightier than the sword.

Sad commentary on the sikh intelligentsia in the modern era. Intellectual pygmies like 'prof' Ghagha, 'prof' Darshan Ragi, 'Dr' Sukhpreet Udhoke, Kala Afghana, Dhadrianwala, Pinderpal (what the hell this name means btw?), Tarsem Singh Moranwali et al have become custodians of a faith which has given us such beacons of humanist thought as Baba Nanak, Guru Arjun Dev, G Gobind Singh, etc.

No one considers these men as "Sikh intelligentsia". And Dhadrianwala and Pinderpal are Kathakars. Moranwali is a Dhadhi. We have Sikh intelligentsia.

These are considered authorities on Sikh theology and history. They are quoted by everyday Sikhs in the online forums and elsewhere. Whom else you would name as a Sikh intellectual (fast becoming an oxymoron)? Dubious characters like Gurtej Singh, Simranjit Mann?

Examples of a few Sikh intelligentsia are:

Sants of Bhindranwale Sampradah

Bhai Kahn Singh Nabha

Bhai Vir Singh

Prof Sahib Singh

Giani Harbans SIngh

Akali Kaur Singh

Piara Singh Padam

Pandit Kartar Singh Dhakha

Prof Puran Singh

Dr Harbhajan Singh

You are naming common Kathakars and now even politicians and presenting them as Sikh intelligentsia. I think you should worry more about Hindu intelligentsia such as Bapu Asaram, Swami Nithiananda, Ashok Singhal, Raj Thakre, and the general Hindu writers and politicians who support their actions before worrying about Sikh intelligentsia.

Edited by Jonny101

Sher, have you read life of sant gyani gurbachan singh bhindranwale? and japji sahib teeka by sant gurbachan singh ji bhindranwale? it's 800 pages long, you be actually pleasantly suprised...its not what you hear from modern day taksali who couldn't have same bar of bhramvidya as sant gurbachan singh bhindranwale taksal ...nothing is being downplayed in teeka or his works, in fears from retribution from akj/ neo tat khalsa singh sabha.

I

I named contemporaries but amused to find Bhindrans, Kahan Singh and Veer Singh in the list. No comments on the ultra orthodox Bhindrans, the last two were known 'distortionists' i.e. intellectually dishonest.

I thought you would name (from among those still alive) Khushwant Singh, Manmohan Singh, Montek Singh, Tarun Tejpal (in spite of his moral turpitude case), harjot Singh oberoi...shows whom you consider Sikh and whom you would not.

Like I said, instead of worrying about our intelligentsia why not worry about your intelligentsia like Babu Asaram, Swami Nithiananda, Ashok Singal etc. If your people revere them, you should be the last person on earth to point fingers at our intelligentsia.

Edited by Jonny101

what reverence (or despising) of the above-named has got to do with the intellectuals? WHY this insistence on considering only the semi-literate katha vachaks (Sikh or Hindu) as intellectuals?

Which one of the Sikh intellectuals that I have mentioned are semi literates? and why do you insist on only considering non-practicing Sikhs as Sikh intelligentsia? the reason I mentioned Swami Nithiananda, Asaram is because they are practicing Hindu Gurus who are supported by respected Hindu writers and leaders

Edited by Jonny101

• 3 years later...