Gadari Movement Was A Sikh Movement

amar_jkp

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am just stating facts.

What facts are you stating? Were you present when the historical events took place? You just repeat whatever is said in the books, like a parrot. The books are again written by authors who could be biased. Every anti-Sikh statement that you find in some book seems to makes your adrenalin rush. You are busy looking for trash written in history and dump it here so that somehow you can rationalize your own existence. What are you so scared of? You need to realize that to put history in right context a person needs to have a level headed mindset, some spiritual insight, especially to read Sikh history. History is full of events. You are keen on picking sporadic events, create a bogus relation and use that as your anti-Sikh propaganda. Sikh history is bounded in it's faith. You will never be able to figure it out. You need to walk the walk to talk the talk. The Khalsa Panth is only bound to get stronger (to your disappointment) as we head into a more materialistic world with all it's challenges.

Now the book you have mentioned by Rajmohan Gandhi, you asked for it, now here you have it:

1) Rajmohan Gandhi is a moron

2) The book reeks of Islamophobia

3) The book is written with a enslaved Brahman mindset trying to please some Muslim master.

4) Book mentions that Baba Barbhag Singh carried out the atrocities. Rajmohan Gandhi needs to have a really rotten mind to say so.

Finally, no need to go too far into Sikh history, it may be beyond your understanding. Try to figure out the 1984 Sikh massacre and that may possibly give you some idea as to where all your viewpoints are coming from. Take this as a sincere advice. The choice is yours.

Edited by OnPathToSikhi

Very funny - if the arse-licking of a mass killer is done by the manager primarily (who can speak english) in a public function where all the priests were presents, it does not have sanction of the community. Excellent yarn-spinning.

BTW, the same manager removed idols from Harmandar sahib and not the priests, are you suggesting that it was an individual's act did not have the community's approval?

You are comparing two different era's in Sikh history. The removal of murtis around Sri Harimandir Sahib was part of the Singh Sabha movement. The siropa fiasco happened 13 years later. Aroor Singh could not have removed the murtis by himself, but he could have given a siropa by himself. The community did not support him him over this, and you will not find anyone these days who would agree with his act.

How long did Aroor Singh last as Sarbrah after his act?

Cannot face the truth, that's your problem not mine.

Also, if you do not believe in the well-respected history books and the authors, you are a bigot living in delusion and denial.

well-respected doesnt mean they will be accurate. every time phase has a plethora of respected books/literature, but they don't live upto this standard eternally.

And talking about bigots? please.

Two diff eras in just 13 years while the same despicable individual was involved? You must be kidding me.

Siropa fiasco.. bhai wah! whom do I believe, someone commenting after 95 years of the shameful event or those who organised such a massive jalsa right inside Harmandar sahib to 'honour' someone who is known as the 'Butcher of Amritsar'?

Yes they were two completely different events, during two different phases in Panjabs history, making no difference if they were only 13 DAYS apart. Having the same person involved is neither here or there.

But Im thinking that as you have related them, you must (like all other hindus) be sore at the act of removal of murtis from Darbar Sahib, and this act by Aroor Singh, must make you really exaggerate his folly of giving siropa.

I'll ask you for the third time, how long did Aroor Singh last as Sarbrah after his siropa fiasco?

Make up your mind, two different eras or events.

Why i would be sore about murtis?

He could not take the mandar out of harmandar sahib. He could not take Hari or Ram out of Granth sahib. You can try doing that :)

If i had bigoted thinking like you, i would not have mentioned that marathas also looted, they also showed cowardice, they also lost battles. get over your supremacist, holier-than-thou attitude. I am just stating facts and it is a fact that Aroor Singh (and other Sikh RELIGIOUS LEADERS) HONOURED BUTCHER OF AMRITSAR IN HARMANDAR SAHIB. This fact is as true as Veer Sawarkar's cowardice at later stage. or some marathas, Gurkhas helping the Brits in 1857 Gaddar.

For some reason when I read this comment of yours this image comes to my mind,

Evil_Baby_by_AndrewHobart.jpg

I am sure you can guess why.

As Mahatma Gandhi said, even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.

To elaborate more:

“The only tyrant I accept in this world is the 'still small voice' within me. And even though I have to face the prospect of being a minority of one, I humbly believe I have the courage to be in such a hopeless minority.”

Mahatma Gandhi, The Essential Gandhi: An Anthology of His Writings on His Life, Work, and Ideas

I was elaborating on your psychological deficiencies, not your father's.

Gandhi= bad and good. There are bad things and good things in everyone. He had many good things that we should and still aspire to; swaraj, swatantra. Only God and the Guru Sahibaan are perfect... so all of you basement loser nerds who get punked at schools and throughout your life should stop acting like some soormay over here. Your probably all outcaste losers who are recognized by no one in society. Your probably these quiet individuals in class who get jealous of mona popular "thug life" sikhs.. and I can pretty much guarantee this 100%. If I am not mistaken your probably all like the losers I have come across at Sikh Activist Network. Pathetic so-called Singhs.

Gandhi= bad and good. There are bad things and good things in everyone. He had many good things that we should and still aspire to; swaraj, swatantra. Only God and the Guru Sahibaan are perfect... so all of you basement loser nerds who get punked at schools and throughout your life should stop acting like some soormay over here. Your probably all outcaste losers who are recognized by no one in society. Your probably these quiet individuals in class who get jealous of mona popular "thug life" sikhs.. and I can pretty much guarantee this 100%. If I am not mistaken your probably all like the losers I have come across at Sikh Activist Network. Pathetic so-called Singhs.

As Osho once said, 'simplicity is not an ideal; you cannot impose simplicity on yourself. That's why I never say that people like Mahatma Gandhi are simple. They are not, they cannot be. Simplicity is their ideal, they are trying to attain it.Simplicity is a goal far away in the future, distant, and they are striving, they are straining, they are in great effort. How can you create simplicity out of effort?'

-Osho, 'Intelligence. The creative response to now.'

One might ask why Osho displays such vehemence against non-simpletons. The answer can be found in this secondary quote of his, ​'simplicity means living moment to moment spontaneously, not according to some philosophy, not according to Jainism, Buddhism, Hinduism. Not according to any philosophy.'

Now of course individuals like Sher will deliberately re-engineer the essence of these quotes and pursue a totally superficial and divergent course. In that case, for those wishing to attain more knowledge, Osho's books are cheap and up for purchase so find your answers in there.

Watchout we got a badass over here....I'm shaking....you have perfectly described what you are thanks for sharing.

why this fella is always busy distracting serious debate?

i would leave it to the Mods to remind this fella about the topic of this thread. Back to Gaddari Babbey

Just provided a perspective on your father and your rant about him. Of course it's evident you see yourself as the sun of truth and us as the mist of lies. Why get a sore butt in that?

• 4 months later...

I know this topic was originally about Gadari BVabbey, but the very intersting subject of the Sikhs and the Marhattas came up as well. I would like to add to that discussion, however if the mods feel that it should be discussed as a separate topic, then please create a separate topic for it.

I have been re-reading a book called "Sikhs in the 18th century" by Gandhi. I wanted to ask fellow forum members if they have read this book, as there is a chapter exclusively on the Sikhs and Marhattas. It is very interesting, but I will wait for a response before I share ay things that are relevant to continuing this topic.

I know this topic was originally about Gadari BVabbey, but the very intersting subject of the Sikhs and the Marhattas came up as well. I would like to add to that discussion, however if the mods feel that it should be discussed as a separate topic, then please create a separate topic for it.

I have been re-reading a book called "Sikhs in the 18th century" by Gandhi. I wanted to ask fellow forum members if they have read this book, as there is a chapter exclusively on the Sikhs and Marhattas. It is very interesting, but I will wait for a response before I share ay things that are relevant to continuing this topic.

I have read this book. I still have a copy on Scribd (http://www.scribd.com/doc/215200640/Sikhs-in-the-Eighteenth-Century-in-English-by-Surjit-Singh-Gandhi). According to Gandhi, Adina Beg wanted to establish his own rule in the Punjab but his immediate allies, the Sikhs, dreamed of their own reign. Thus, he decided to align himself with the Marathas. There is more as well, but I think Sikh-Maratha relations should be a topic for another thread.

Edited by Amarjeet Singh_1737