Eunch Refuted- Article..!

SAadmin

The scholars of early sikhism (mostly brahmins and khatris) who wrote beutiful poetry, prose, sublime thought have all left sikhism. Replaced by (you know who) who have no such history. Meanwhile, on this forum I see people proclaiming themselves as kysterias further propogating the caste system with its rules (weapons worship, good food vs. bad food, singh surnames, kesri colours)

Sikhism has lost its direction.

With all do respect Mr. N30 singhji, you are putting kerosene on a fire. This article will cause nothing but flame wars and nindya. Not good for either the sikh or the hindu.

Thats not my intention, intention is to seek truth from analysis done from both sides. truth is somewhere in the middle. ..i do realize this may lead to flame wars and nindya..but i m not willing to compromise on open frank candid dialogue at the expense of regular fascism from both sides as i m pretty comfortable ignoring knee jerk stereotypical statements.

Neo bhaji, you might be comfortable ignoring knee jerk sterotypical statements from both sides, but in general people take it seriously which will lead to more hatred among fellow people. Why and what do you need to understand while seeing the "Cook fighting".

Both parties will be hurt but yes you might get some real fact (BUT at the expense of exaggerating the emotions of other hardcores). Amandeep has put it perfectly because when both are already fighting each other every day (see the topics on Sikhawareness for the past 30 days and determine if there was a single thing to learn??), why to put kerosene on fire?

chalo bhaji tuhade marje, but first digging a hole in earth where anyone can fall and then creating a wire fence with gate doesn't make any sense. The best option would have been to invite the intellectual persons only on pm if you really wanted to gain something.

It's always best to avoid the circumstances where we could acquire more bad karma (even though unintentionally). Baki tuhade marje, everyone has a free-will.

Edited by das

These articles are stupid. The whole website is stupid. I am so tired of blind pseudo scholars making statements for the whole panth. The blatant disrespect of HanumanJi and GaneshJi is disgusting. Its especially funny because heroes like Shaheed Jathedar Baba Hanuman Singhji would definitely put a spear in the debate. Surprisingly, I have to agree with Hindustani: Sikhi seems to have lost its direction. Anti-Dasam Granthi SahibJi commentary is prevalent and Kala Afghana rhetoric seems to be becoming the norm. Eventually, Sikhi will be abrahamic and maybe even ritualistic like "Hinduism". Give or take 50 years, Sikhs will be so far away from their roots that the only saviour will be Kalki Avatar. I am surprised Neo put these articles up. I hope you dont lose touch with Sikhi too.

Where is it disrespecting Hinduism? Isent Hanuman a monkey and Ganesha a mouse rider elephant?

Everything has historical and symbolism significant behind it was way for them to explain to masses via icongraphy:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_does_Ganesha_have_a_mouse?#slide=2

Where is it disrespecting Hinduism? Isent Hanuman a monkey and Ganesha a mouse rider elephant

Hanuman may or may not be a monkey, or probably was a local adivasi chieftain with negroid features but was transformed over the years based on different writers and image makers. Perhaps you can learn from him to be true to your guru and follow his hukam. But I wouldnt expect peasants with no history and no business in running a religion to understand. Sikhism was handed to people like you by default. And we see the result. Beutiful sublime thoughts and ideas turned to crude ramblings catering to the basic instinct.

Anycase, back to the article. The author attacks Brahminism which is no problem with me. But fails to appreciate that its been probably the brahmins that are the forefront in trying to erase the dreaded caste system. Nor does it mention that many of scriptures that brahmins worship and revere today are from the so called "lower castes".

I cant believe the sheran de kaum is so scared of a small minority (3 percent)

• 2 weeks later...

These articles are stupid. The whole website is stupid. I am so tired of blind pseudo scholars making statements for the whole panth. The blatant disrespect of HanumanJi and GaneshJi is disgusting. Its especially funny because heroes like Shaheed Jathedar Baba Hanuman Singhji would definitely put a spear in the debate. Surprisingly, I have to agree with Hindustani: Sikhi seems to have lost its direction. Anti-Dasam Granthi SahibJi commentary is prevalent and Kala Afghana rhetoric seems to be becoming the norm. Eventually, Sikhi will be abrahamic and maybe even ritualistic like "Hinduism". Give or take 50 years, Sikhs will be so far away from their roots that the only saviour will be Kalki Avatar. I am surprised Neo put these articles up. I hope you dont lose touch with Sikhi too.

Are you sure you're a communist?