Sufi Meditation- Sufi Zikr(Naam) Dhir- Importance Of Breath Zikr Dridhta..!

That could be the end result where the jaap feels like it's exploding through ever hair/pore/cell of your body but to attain that stage you have to sync the jaap with your pulse or heartbeat. I have heard from numerous sources that one can do this by first learning to feel the pulse below the hand, then locate the pulse feeling at the heart, then eventually which is quite difficult feel the pulse at the navel and put your dhyan there at the same time as mentally japping with the beat. That could be as much as 60-120 times a minute.

You can listen to recordings of Sant Baba Isher Singh ji (rare wale) explain this. If I remember correctly I think it's called dill di dharkan na milkay jaap. I.e pulse. I never understood that before. To feel this you must be very still and have full attention within yourself. This is advanced stuff because it can lead to hyperventilation which can be dangerous. Some practitioners do this by holding their breath then syncing. I don't have much experience with this so can't elaborate any further.

Edited by Sat1176

You can listen to recordings of Sant Baba Isher Singh ji (rare wale) explain this. If I remember correctly I think it's called dill di dharkan na milkay jaap. I.e pulse. I never understood that before. To feel this you must be very still and have full attention within yourself. This is advanced stuff because it can lead to hyperventilation which can be dangerous. Some practitioners do this by holding their breath then syncing. I don't have much experience with this so can't elaborate any further.

Sat veerji, I don't think that hyperventilation should scare people away. Because the little I sort of know about it, I don't think that if someone is doing it correctly then there is any worry about hyperventilating.

I've been doing it and trying it for a while now and I will try and post some info on the other thread of what my interpretation and method is.

I was a little confused at first with how people interpreted it differently and also used the term interchangeably with ajapa jap.

I'll be honest and say this technique is mostly theory for me and little practical effort but if done incorrectly I.e with the breath trying to match the pulse which could be anywhere up to 120 beats per minute one could very well increase the blood pressure, heart rate and pass out. I would say this one needs to be tread with caution and a little guidance. I look forward to your explanation.

I remember hearing this very point in one of swami ramas videos, so I don't want to advise anyone incorrectly or without direct experience. Just covering all the bases veer.

I have got to the stage on a few occasions when I pushed the simran and breath to such a speed I could literally feel my heart pumping with intense force. At this stage I get nervous and slow down.

Edited by Sat1176