Out Of Body Experiences

Here is mine experiences: There are total of 2 experiences which I remember.

First: I saw myself floating in my bedroom; at that point I understand that I can now fly. I became super exicited and immediately started flying from one corner of room to another corner, then to roof. I was very happy and was wondering how fast I could go from one point to another. Then before I started thinking about going outside, I was pulled back into the body.

Second: This I remember vagely, while sleeping (in USA) I travelled to one Gurdwara Sahib in one village in India. I don't remember how I travelled but I was instantaneously transferred to that Gurdwara in India. There was a pond near the Gurdwara premises. I sat under a tree with my Spiritual guide. We had some discussion but I don't remember that. Next day, I told my experiences to my Spiritual Guide/Guardian/Angel/what-ever you call him and it was confirmed that we had a little chat that night in India but unfortunately I did not remember any discussion; I just remembered the place and discussing something.

After that it never happened again, but now after reading some members post, my interest is arising again.

Edited by das

When I was in my early 20s I would have such experiences. I am not sure if they were really OBEs but more along the lines of sleep paralysis. I could often fly in my dreams with will. It was fun, just a touch of foot on ground and up goes my body. Funny thing was I knew I was dreaming. Havent had such dreams recently.

I would often wake up in morning, more often when I woke up early and went back to sleep, I could feel myself going to sleep. As I would go to sleep , I would get this feeling that I couldnt breathe and felt suffocated. I wouldnt be able to move my body at all, very scary feeling. Sometimes I would feel as if I rolled out of my body sideways, or that I would walk up from my bed only to realize that I was just dreaming.

Only one time, I had this experience/dream/illusion that I was flying on top of my body , like 3-4 feet and watching myself and flying in my room. At that time, it felt very real but afterwards I thought I might just have been a dream, young imagination running wild.

Only one time I had a pleasant experience. My body was paralyzed, I couldnt even my eyes, somehow I was awake in body, I heard this noise, it was a vibrating noise, sounded like a whirring of a machine rotating really fast, I focused between eyebrows, and I had this feeling that I was being suctioned into a portal, it was mildly pleasant.

As I lost interest in such things later on, they didnt happen that much. I never felt spiritually uplifted with such experiences, just was excited to explore in younger years. lol.

Ragmala that's lucid dreaming. It's a dream where you are aware that you are in a dream. And sometimes you can even consciously create your dream or do things like fly around etc. It's definitely not OBE. OBE isn't a dream.

I never felt spiritually uplifted

Have you ever felt spiritually uplifted? What was the feeling like?

Das

After that it never happened again, but now after reading some members post, my interest is arising again.

Those are awesome experiences. I would explore them further if I was in your place.

• 2 weeks later...

For the past many days, I've been trying very hard for Out-Of-Body experiences; but it seems like some Spiritual energy is blocking me for those experiences. Obviously, I was not happy and was complaining to my Guru in my mind.

And then since yesterday, I started seeing answers to my questions/frustrations via some Spiritual Kathas I was listening to. You can call it coincidences but in my understanding, there are no coincidences, it's someone (God's forces) helping you to understand something by placing you at the right time and right place and then offering you the understanding.

So, I understood that what I had already experienced twice is NOT the same what I'm trying to experience for the past couple of days. There's a big difference in those.

What I was trying now is to be out-of-body and travel places, but in this technique a silver cord (or some thread) is attached between the physical body and the body which is outside; it means that one has to take care of that cord as it should not break otherwise I can't get back to body. Secondly, I need to understand that the physical body needs to be protected from negative forces while I'm away on my travels.

But there is another out-of-body experience which does not involve the silver cord and there is no fear of losing the thread and/or body. But it is possible NOT with the force or hard-work, it is the raising of the consciousness and is dependent on the Guru's Kirpa/Grace.

Now, it finally made sense to me why I was blocked from my experiments. So, the lesson learnt is: There is 2 out-of-body experiences: One is real out-of-body where we actually come out-of-physical body but still attached to it via some cord/thread; Another is where we (may be Soul or may be some astral body or may be mind) actually travels to some other place but here there is no physical connection between the body who travelled with the physical body.

It has happened in the past also. There were many times in the past, when I try some risky/dangerous techniques/knowledge but I was always either blocked and then taught the right OR simply got instructions to stop. I love to take risks because I believe that the Guru is watching over me and will stop me going to wrong direction. But it seems like I should be careful because Guru's main concern is our Spiritual progress and if we always chose risk, Guru might choose to end our current life and give us another life where we would not do risky things as a habit, but in the process the current family member suffers.

Just sharing something that came to my mind.

Edited by das

my friend had this experience he was sleeping then suddenly he was out of his body

he freaked out , he was gasping for air in spiritual state

his body was cold

he got afraid and he saw him self standing by his side, then suddenly he was pulled back inside

he stopped what he was doing , he is hindu guy

who isnt religious at all, he followed some methods to achieve it

• 1 month later...

About a week ago I had this experience. Around 1 am I was falling asleep on my bed. Suddenly, I could sense I was falling asleep. But this sensation was different than regular feeling of going to sleep. It was suffocating and paralysing my body. I had to shake myself off to get out of this suffocating/ body paralysing feeling. I would wake up for a gasp of breath , shake my head from side to side and wake myself up. Then I just did ardas for a good night sleep which happened. I know this experience does not mean anything nor does it hold any significance or is remotely related to out of body experience, but just wanted to put down some thoughts.

Just thought of other dreams that I had, that I would share too. One time I prayed to Guru Ji to wake me up early in morning as I have been missing amritvela for months now. At night I had a dream in which I was possessed by a demon , and my family took me to a Tantric Baba to exorcise me. When I reached there I remembered that I should do mool mantar and Japji Sahib, which i started reciting. Then suddenly due to fear, I woke up and was shaking in fear. It was 4 am. But moorakh mind did path for 10 minutes and went back to sleep. To be noted, that evening I was also listening to Sant Waryam Singh ji saying how Japji Sahib is good with tacking ghosts.

So mind truly creates its own illusions, some to self teach , others to get entangled. Just felt like writing something down useless instead of focusing on the real thing lol

anyways ...

I know this experience does not mean anything nor does it hold any significance or is remotely related to out of body experience, but just wanted to put down some thoughts.

Ragmaala bro never shake off experiences. Always go deeper into them. This experience very significant as it is the first step that leads to OBE!

I have made the same mistake of shaking off sleep paralysis when I was younger. I didn't know it would be a crucial step in something I would be learning later on in life.

I didn't know it would be a crucial step in something I would be learning later on in life.

BhagatSingh Ji , would you like to share more if its not too personal ? How did it help you, and how old are you if you dont mind ji.

Although I have to admit, during the paralysis like state its much easier to visualise an image, even though it might last few seconds.If you know what I mean.

Lets see if I get something tonight.

Edited by Ragmaala

Ragmaala bro never shake off experiences. Always go deeper into them. This experience very significant as it is the first step that leads to OBE!

I have made the same mistake of shaking off sleep paralysis when I was younger. I didn't know it would be a crucial step in something I would be learning later on in life.

The problem is that most of us get scared with sleep paralysis.

It has happened to me a number of times where you can't move and even if you try to speak,, it is great effort to just get some mumbling sound out of yourself.

From what I have read about people that have an OBE immediately during/after sleep paralysis is to R-E-L-A-X. into it.

The sleep paralysis is just the 1st early stage of an OBE........at the same time nearly everyone hears the muffling, static, shuffling sounds when in that state..

If you ease yourself into it, then you can feel vibrations within yourself just before your consciousness shifts outwards.

.. The suffocating sensations are when we show fear and get pulled back in.

However, if the next time it happens you try and just ease yourself into it......then you can be on your way...

For me,,, I have felt the vibrations, but then I still have some sort of fear and this results in the forceful, suffocating sensation of coming back in.

Just this morning, I think something was happening. This time I was completely relaxed but when I paid attention to everything around me..... all the objects like cupboard, chair .....seemed very fluid and as if they were in a very slow motion. A little like when you go deep down in a swimming pool and start viewing around you .........Again, I wasn't too sure what was going on and probably felt some sort of fear that made it all stop happening !

I agree with Das above, that OBE and expansion of consciousness (as in simran) are different .... but one can still be aware of both physical, ethereal,astral realms at the same instance.

However, in the expansion of consciousness state, one has to be in a deep meditative state and as soon as you come out, the experience is over.

Edited by Lucky

I was doing saas-giras one day and this's what happened. I didn't go all the way because I got really scared and didn't let it happen. During the time I didn't even know what an OBE was, I had never heard of one before.

1. Everything went cold (It was a cold day as well)

2. My abihas kept going and I slowly lost feeling in my legs, then slowly everywhere else. It would go away and come back. I was aware of everything around me though

3. Vibrations were going off really fast, from my head to toes, they've never been that strong

4. It started to feel like I was being pulled up and out of my body

5. I started freaking out a bit, and trying to pull myself in, but I was being pulled hard

6. I could feel myself floating

7. Eventually the pulling stopped and I was back in my body

8. After that I couldn't move out of my bed, but I was still aware of everything (still in sleep paralysis)

This was not too long ago. (I'm 16 years old if that makes a difference).

I have actually had numerous OBEs when I was younger, which mostly all happened on their own. They actually scared me at first and then I realized I was ok, so I started experimenting - basically I just let go and let it happen. I actually wrote an ebook on the subject years ago and though it was before I found Sikhi, and hence you won't find any reference to Sikhi in the book, but I did do a lot of research, both scientifically and spiritually into the subject so there are references to several different spiritual paths in the book.

Feel free to take a look if you want...

http://www.spirit-quest.ca/Spirit-Quest.pdf

Those experiences ultimately led me on a spiritual journey to end up eventually in Sikhi. And I am about to take Amrit in Sept when I go back to India.

Those are some great experiences you guys! Thanks for sharing.

I am still working up to it. What's holding me back from having sleep paralysis is me waking up my body when I notice myself (my body) entering into a sleep paralysis. I think "Cool! I am having a sleep paralysis, so I am gona have an OBE! Ok I don't want to screw this up so I'll start meditating." and right when I think that, the vibrations, the experiences start to fade away and my body wakes up before I have a chance to go into the paralysis more fully.

Bhagat Singh Ji... I know the excitement can sometimes cause you to be your own worst enemy when trying to exit. Instead of focusing on sleep paralysis, why not try a different approach to induce an experience? One that seems to work for a lot of people (I used to be a moderator on a well known forum that centred around OBEs called Astral Society) Anyway, the method involves you becoming aware of the exact moment you fall asleep, and then plant a suggestion in your mind just as you drift off. It is known that we often dream about the last thing we think about prior to falling asleep and so it requires you to kind of learn to recognize that moment you are slipping into sleep. Just try each night to become aware of that exact moment. And tell yourself in your mind right at that time "I WILL have an OBE, and I WILL have no fear."

I also got into playing with brainwave technology, and using hemi sync frequencies that border on Theta state but retaining awareness. About 7 Hz. This is also the natural frequency of the Earth called the Schumann resonance coincidentally.... I embedded these into a sound track I made, which if you have ever experienced the vibrations and the strange sounds when you have an OBE (the rushing static like sounds) I also embedded those as well behind the music. I composed the music myself and did the mix-down so it's not professional... but anyway feel free to grab it and throw it on an mp3 player. It requires headphones in order to benefit from the hemi sync effect.

http://www.spirit-quest.ca/mp3/Emerging.mp3

Best wishes in your travels :)

Those are some great experiences you guys! Thanks for sharing.

I am still working up to it. What's holding me back from having sleep paralysis is me waking up my body when I notice myself (my body) entering into a sleep paralysis. I think "Cool! I am having a sleep paralysis, so I am gona have an OBE! Ok I don't want to screw this up so I'll start meditating." and right when I think that, the vibrations, the experiences start to fade away and my body wakes up before I have a chance to go into the paralysis more fully.

You don't need to be on a specific spiritual path to experience it. For me, it happened many times when I was very young, and at the time I was questioning Catholicism and trying to find my own spiritual path, but did not associate with any specific one. It also happened on its own without trying methods. Later on, I did learn to control it more, and eventually learned how to induce the experience on my own.

It is a natural ability of us all, since our natural state is spiritual or nonphysical... it's not physical anyway. Science, particularly quantum physics actually supports it, as when we look deeper into reality, reality as we know it actually dissolves. All matter we know to exist is actually 99.9999% empty space (empty space in all atoms). What's left when you remove the empty space from every atom on the planet, could fill a grain of rice. And all thats left are electrons and quarks (broken down from protons and neutrons) and electrons and quarks behave very strangely... they pop into and out of existence seemingly randomly... consciousness exists naturally somewhere outside the physical already. So in an OBE we are just accessing our natural and true form...and it happens to some people whether or not they have preconceived notions about a particular spiritual path.

my friend had this experience he was sleeping then suddenly he was out of his body

he freaked out , he was gasping for air in spiritual state

his body was cold

he got afraid and he saw him self standing by his side, then suddenly he was pulled back inside

he stopped what he was doing , he is hindu guy

who isnt religious at all, he followed some methods to achieve it

Bhenji, I haven't had them many times so I still don't really know what I'm doing. Could you explain step by step how you get to the experience?

There are different methods... but the most common is progressive relaxation. Lay on your back (for some reason on back is best). Some books suggest aligned north / south not east / west. Then focus on your feet... flex and relax... then your lower legs, then upper etc... until your entire body is completely relaxed. Then At that point, focus on clearing your mind and recognize when sleep starts to take over. At that point tell yourself (in your mind) that you WILL have an OBE. The idea is that as last thing on your mind as sleep takes over your subconscious will listen and understand.

There are other methods like using dreams to launch into a lucid dream and from there into an OBE. There are methods that have you mentally produce a double or copy of yourself above your body... then mental flip your aspect in your mind so you are the vantage point of the double. Another uses roll out method... where from complete relaxation, you mentally roll sideways out of your body.

There are a bunch... just try them until you find one that works. Actually, many believe we all do it every night anyway and are just not aware... so it might be just that we need to somehow stay conscious of it more than actually leaving... Personally I don't think it's that we are leaving at all but more like we are a radio antenna, and the different subtle bodies are like radio stations... we don't leave the physical so much as tune into a different frequency. Even though we listen to one station at a time, we are actually receiving all of them at once.

8/11/14

I had something today. I wouldn't say it was an OBE but felt more like a dream, of which I remember remnants. It happened when I was taking a nap in morning around 9 am. Whenever I take naps in morning, I am pretty sure that I will fall into a state of paralysis for a moment before falling asleep. So it happened. I gave a suggestion that I should have OBE. I stayed in a paralysis like state for few moments and then myself into it. It felt like a dream. Everything was greyish, blurry and really heavy to move around. I said to myself within the dream , lets have an OBE and leave this body. I tried to twist my body and rolled out of it. And it did feel that I just rolled out of my body on the side. Then I wanted to lift my body as if getting out of bed. It was really heavy. I could barely move. It felt as if I was moving in a dense liquid. The feeling you get when you are trying to punch someone in a dream, and everything is superslow. So I managed to lift myself and thought if it truly is an OBE I should be able to see my physical body laying on bed. But there was nothing there. I didnt see my physical body. Although when I looked at my arm, it was of translucent grey color and felt heavy. So then I was like, its just a dream and lost track after that.

blurry and really heavy to move around. I said to myself within the dream , lets have an OBE and leave this body. I tried to twist my body and rolled out of it. And it did feel that I just rolled out of my body on the side. Then I wanted to lift my body as if getting out of bed. It was really heavy. I could barely move. It felt as if I was moving in a dense liquid. The feeling you get when you are trying to punch someone in a dream, and everything is superslow.

This is extremely common and IS associated with an OBE. There are several types of OBEs... Etheric projection is the typical floating over your body and seeing the physical surroundings and astral projection is more dreamlike and mystical.. the surroundings in astral projection may not be exactly like physical surroundings and more dreamlike. Either way, the heavy feeling, unable to move like you are stuck in glue etc is very very common. It's like you are not totally disconnected from the physical so you are trying to control your subtle body and the message gets mixed between your physical body which is in a paralysis state and your subtle body... so it doesn't quite work. When you think of it all of reality is really vibration in a medium and the different levels are just different frequencies... I think of like a radio dial as I mentioned before... we are always receiving ALL transmissions, but we only tune into one 'station' at a time. In this case you are stuck somewhere on the dial between two stations, where you can hear a bit from both stations at once. That's the best way I can explain it :) if it makes sense... it does to me. In reality I believe nothing actually 'leaves' the body... you are just shifting awareness away from the physical to your subtle body which always exists anyway, its just that you are always tuned into the physical.

^ interesting explanation indeed. Thanks for your input.

I wonder if it is possible to reach higher realms like Sackhand or various different loks/realms like Yamlok, Devlok, Baikunth or even other planets or other living beings via this method of OBE/Astral.

Did you ever have any experience of visiting a higher realm or another world altogether?

^

Took the question out of my mouth.

Also

In reality I believe nothing actually 'leaves' the body... you are just shifting awareness away from the physical to your subtle body which always exists anyway, its just that you are always tuned into the physical.

So does the subtle body leave the physical body or not? Does anything leave the physical body? This part is confusing Satkirin.

What is your preferred method for inducing Obe?