Out Of Body Experiences

Lucky have you ever had the experience of OBE?

Where my consciousness is independently somewhere else....yes... and my first was an NDE

Can you induce it often?

No, but some efforts have to be made. It may happen or may not.

What did you experience there?

This is where it gets quite personal and I think it depends on who you are, what you are, what are your qualities and weaknesses....

Edited by Lucky

Describing the astral realm is very very difficult. There are not really words to describe it but what I usually say is this:

I could see sound (and it was very colourful), and hear light (and it was angelic). Thoughts became real tangible things, and I felt more 'awake' than any wakeful moment in the physical world... if the word sleep even means anything at all.

There is a medical condition called Synesthesia where something similar happens to people here and now... and there are videos that try to illustrate what it's like. I do think it's somewhat like that, but it's not Synesthesia.... it's just a good comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

Describing the astral realm is very very difficult. There are not really words to describe it but what I usually say is this:

I could see sound (and it was very colourful), and hear light (and it was angelic). Thoughts became real tangible things, and I felt more 'awake' than any wakeful moment in the physical world... if the word sleep even means anything at all.

There is a medical condition called Synesthesia where something similar happens to people here and now... and there are videos that try to illustrate what it's like. I do think it's somewhat like that, but it's not Synesthesia.... it's just a good compariso

Can one astral project while deep in simran?

Edited by Lunalon

• 2 months later...

Sometimes I have noticed that when I am dozing off, I suddenly hear a blast in my ears or get jolted, or feel someone called out my name.

Has anyone experienced this ?

Is it because the consciousness is shifting from awake to sleep, or coming back from sleep to awake.

Just curious, no genuine or serious intent in this question, Mind wants to talk about something, so be it.

From few months back,I've been experiencing such things.Two experiences are well in my mind.One two months back and second last night.The most frustating thing is that it scares me a lotttttttt and this fear is interrupting my bhagti. It's like too much now.I now scare to stay alone in my room.Then with this fear,I start doing chaupai sahib ,but It's still here.I dont want to sleep due to this fear.Its bothering me a lot.It usually happens around 2 am.Please someone suggest me to overcome my fear.

Actually this is the matter.I scare to recite waheguru alone.I know it's really awkward,but it's there.I know it may be the fear of mind , but I feel something very weird during simran.Hope to be on the track again.

Gur fateh!!

Sat Sree Akal!

Yes ,You 're exactly right harsharan ji.

"[What can the worst happen? To die? So what? ]"

These words are really so powerful .I hope it helps me a lot.

Same happened last night.I was sleepy and was trying to sleep around 1 am.I was in a little nap.Suddenly I felt I was trying to leave my body.My body was pulling up and I tried to resist it.It was a very weird feeling.Then I was like walking around in my home and I saw my brother and father too entering my room.Then again I was lying on bed.I felt my body was very heavy.I couldn't move it for a while.Then I woke up.It was around 2 am.There was no one around.I couldn't asleep then.I tried to focus on simran,but this fear didn't allow me to focus much.

I'll try to stay strong now and will continue my simran.

Gur fateh!!

sukrit, i remember when i first tried to ride a bike without any stabilizers...for a split second i had good balance then the strange sensation of losing balance and going out of control..it's a strange sensation...a new sensation. but we get used to it..and eventually it is second nature and you'll never think about it again...your trust in the process will increase day by day :)

Today, I had two experiences.

1) I heard my mother screaming Waheguru in her sleep this morning. She was screaming in a scared voice. At first I thought I should wake her up , but I let it be. She recited/screamed Waheguru 5-6 times in an elongated manner and then went back to snoring. I asked her, she said she couldnt remember everything, but she was scared of something & that is why was reciting Waheguru. Maybe some bad entity came and was scared away by the Gurmantra.

Also, when ever I felt scared during dreams, my reflex has always been to say Waheguru. So , whenever fear comes saying waheguru will cut it.

2) I had a sensation of falling down from blank space while sleeping, i continued with it, it lasted for a very short while and then it felt as if hit the bed. Then I tried to get out of the body, I could only get up halfwayfrom lying to sitting position, the magnetic tug to physical body was too strong & then went back to sleep.

Your second experience is like mine I had. And I remember I had some very weird dreams.I dont remember anything but whilst dreaming I was calling Dhan Dhan Guru Ramdass ji in a very rapid tune and One day I was reciting name of Guru nanak patsah.After getting up,these tunes of calling Guru sahib were still in my ears.I know how it feels.

I want to share my one more experience that I had this very morning.As I shared earlier,I've been experiencing such things.So,I usually scare to meditate.I've no problem when my eyes are open,but once I close my eyes and try to meditate, I get scared and then can't progress further.

This morning,I got up at 2:45 am.Then ,I started nitnem at 3:20 am.I did it by 4:30.There is a doubt in my mind that after 4 am I've no reason to scare of.I mean I said to myself that whatever had happened was always around 2 am,so nothing can happen now.So I was little freed of that fear.I started listening Simran audio.I was feeling very tired and sleepy too.so,I laid straight on my back.But still I was trying to focus on simran.within few seconds,I lost all senses from by body.I somehow knew that I'm sleeping,but I couldn't control anything.I couldn't move my body.It was without any sense for almost 5 min.I tried so hard,but couldn't.Then I felt veryyyy strong force pulling my body upwards.I was resisting it sooo hard.Again I was on bed,then again force pulled up.I was in that up down movement for 2-3 times.My mind knew that I'm lying and it's my body that is trying to come out of it.Then I was like I did it.I saw my room's roof.There was smokey bubbles kinda airy ones all around the room.Then I tried to get out of bed,but still couldn't move my body.Then I realised its still something wrong.I'm still trapped.My mind was working,but my body was not.Then I was like I'm trapped.I wanted to cry and call my mom,but couldn't.This all happened for about 10 min.Then I started calling Guru Ramdass Ji in my mind.I was reciting waheguru and was calling Guru sahib.Then again I tried to move my body but couldnt.In meanwhile,I felt like its over now and I'm walking around my room and my eyes are open.But still I wasn't.It was a very weird and frustating feeling.Then,I called guru sahib again and made a prayer in mind,Guru sahib I'm in vain.Why don't u help me.I'm calling you again and again.But still I was struggling.Then ,I felt kinda touchy sensation around my right arm.I was resisting it and was calling guru sahib again and again in a very anger mood.I felt that My body is no longer mine.It was lying and was veryyy heavy.Then I opened eyes I was still in doubt whether it's over or not.Then I realised yes it is.But I was still in a shock.After 5 min,I could get normal.I saw time,It was 5:40 am.It was a very long experience that happened to me this very morning.I'm writing cause I want to share as it's just recently happened and evrything is well in my mind.Now,I 'm in great eager to know the meaning of all this.I really want to know what it is.Why this all is happening to me?Is it a good sign or bad sign? What is the meaning of it? Why I'm scaring? Why I scare to close my eyes and to meditate?

I really want help!

Gut fateh!

The best thing that I can say is to Not give up or get scared of Prabh ka simran.

I'm not going to try and find or give conclusions to your scenario in this case but all I can say is that it is a major distraction because it has weakened your frame of mind.

You need to pump up with a stronger mental and positive attitude that should help you steer from the many obstacles that are to come on this path.

One solution is to stop asking and questioning yourself of ''why is this happening?'' and ''what does it mean?''......because that won't help in your progress.

Believe me, In my experience you can definitely override it all by self tuning your mind and insisting to yourself that you only want your Dhyan on His simran and nothing else.

I want to share my one more experience that I had this very morning.As I shared earlier,I've been experiencing such things.So,I usually scare to meditate.I've no problem when my eyes are open,but once I close my eyes and try to meditate, I get scared and then can't progress further.

This morning,I got up at 2:45 am.Then ,I started nitnem at 3:20 am.I did it by 4:30.There is a doubt in my mind that after 4 am I've no reason to scare of.I mean I said to myself that whatever had happened was always around 2 am,so nothing can happen now.So I was little freed of that fear.I started listening Simran audio.I was feeling very tired and sleepy too.so,I laid straight on my back.But still I was trying to focus on simran.within few seconds,I lost all senses from by body.I somehow knew that I'm sleeping,but I couldn't control anything.I couldn't move my body.It was without any sense for almost 5 min.I tried so hard,but couldn't.Then I felt veryyyy strong force pulling my body upwards.I was resisting it sooo hard.Again I was on bed,then again force pulled up.I was in that up down movement for 2-3 times.My mind knew that I'm lying and it's my body that is trying to come out of it.Then I was like I did it.I saw my room's roof.There was smokey bubbles kinda airy ones all around the room.Then I tried to get out of bed,but still couldn't move my body.Then I realised its still something wrong.I'm still trapped.My mind was working,but my body was not.Then I was like I'm trapped.I wanted to cry and call my mom,but couldn't.This all happened for about 10 min.Then I started calling Guru Ramdass Ji in my mind.I was reciting waheguru and was calling Guru sahib.Then again I tried to move my body but couldnt.In meanwhile,I felt like its over now and I'm walking around my room and my eyes are open.But still I wasn't.It was a very weird and frustating feeling.Then,I called guru sahib again and made a prayer in mind,Guru sahib I'm in vain.Why don't u help me.I'm calling you again and again.But still I was struggling.Then ,I felt kinda touchy sensation around my right arm.I was resisting it and was calling guru sahib again and again in a very anger mood.I felt that My body is no longer mine.It was lying and was veryyy heavy.Then I opened eyes I was still in doubt whether it's over or not.Then I realised yes it is.But I was still in a shock.After 5 min,I could get normal.I saw time,It was 5:40 am.It was a very long experience that happened to me this very morning.I'm writing cause I want to share as it's just recently happened and evrything is well in my mind.Now,I 'm in great eager to know the meaning of all this.I really want to know what it is.Why this all is happening to me?Is it a good sign or bad sign? What is the meaning of it? Why I'm scaring? Why I scare to close my eyes and to meditate?

I really want help!

Gut fateh!

I often do simran on this verse...it helped me a lot.

qwqI vwau n lgeI pwrbRhm srxweI ] thaathee vaao n lagee paarabreham saranaaee || The hot wind does not even touch one who is under the Protection of the Supreme Lord God. cauigrd hmwrY rwm kwr duKu lgY n BweI ]1] chougiradh hamaarai raam kaar dhukh lagai n bhaaee ||1|| On all four sides I am surrounded by the Lord's Circle of Protection; pain does not afflict me, O Siblings of Destiny. ||1|| siqguru pUrw ByitAw ijin bxq bxweI ] sathigur pooraa bhaettiaa jin banath banaaee || I have met the Perfect True Guru, who has done this deed. rwm nwmu AauKDu dIAw eykw ilv lweI ]1] rhwau ] raam naam aoukhadhh dheeaa eaekaa liv laaee ||1|| rehaao || He has given me the medicine of the Lord's Name, and I enshrine love for the One Lord. ||1||Pause|| rwiK lIey iqin rKnhwir sB ibAwiD imtweI ] raakh leeeae thin rakhanehaar sabh biaadhh mittaaee || The Savior Lord has saved me, and eradicated all my sickness. khu nwnk ikrpw BeI pRB Bey shweI ]2]15]79] kahu naanak kirapaa bhee prabh bheae sehaaee ||2||15||79|| Says Nanak, God has showered me with His Mercy; He has become my help and support. ||2||15||79||

• 4 months later...

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ।। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ।। 

I know this is a topic that most abyassi's are against but i had a bit of free time today and started playing around with it.

I finished simran today and was in a really calm state, heart rate was really calm and mind was extremely focused. I've been thinking about playing with astral projection again for a while so I decided to try it again. I got myself to the vibration point where the vibrations in your body pick up extremely fast. I started floating and separating but kind of had the initial fear and started going back in. Then it feels like someone came to help me and pulled me out. 

I didn't have full awareness, I could barely figure out what was happening. I couldn't stand up or look around but I was able to tell myself to roll to the side of the bed. From there on I used the bed side to stand up and all I really did was run around because I didn't know what to do, but I was in full control. 

After a while I got bored and told myself I wanted to end this, I started to feel my physical body and opened my eyes and I was back. The vibrations since have picked up more than they have in a while and I feel as if there are other entities around us that we don't know of. (That may sound weird lol but that was my first thought I had when everything ended).

What my question is, due to the fact I didn't have full awareness/sight of what was happening but had full control of myself. Was this a lucid dream or an astral projection?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ।। ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ ।। 

I know this is a topic that most abyassi's are against but i had a bit of free time today and started playing around with it.

Bro, you should avoid trying these activities, if you want to move ahead in spirituality. Similarly, when one starts getting supernatural powers (Ridhiyan Sidhiyan), the biggest challenge is to never use them under the influence of any vikaars.

Maya is very dangerous. One should never play around with it. Even Brahma jee, Vishnu jee and Shivjee fell into her trap......what are people like me, in front of her?

Even, spiritual experiences must be kept a secret and should not be disclosed to anyone. Having said that, one can stay anonymous on this forum; therefore, sharing personal experiences can encourage other people to do more meditation.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Edited by paapiman