Deep Spiritual Stuff With Examples - Ishwar Puri

I'm so hooked to his videos for the past couple of days that it's hard not to watch. Here goes another interesting video where he describes that meditation (as we know it) won't take us beyond Causal plane and various other stuff like Mind/Kal/Time. He also explains the creation, free-will and many other things so beautifully.

Then he also explains sounds from Right vs Left ear are just preparatory sounds and not real sound.

Edited by das

I have great appreciation for some of the things he is saying and like some of the common messages I have heard from the Sikhi perspective. But I do find it a little off putting by the constant mentioning of "the perfect living master" etc and how his master is the one guiding him even though he has moved on. To further go on state that his master now manifests in the radiant form is a bit too much for me to digest. I would rather keep things simple and call this the prakash roop of Waheguru or Atma if that is the darshan aspects he is making references to.

Lets assume, this master was a realized being and merged into Waheguru or realised his true self as in a drop merging back into the ocean. Now to call the ocean by constant references to the drop belittles the entire ocean of the Lord in my view. When one drop merges back into the whole, it would be impossible to separate or find that drop again. Now to make your teacher the object of your meditation instead of the Lord just doesn't sit as well with me. I can't completely call this wrong either because even we Sikhs at times pray to our Gurus and equally say the Gurus and Waheguru are One the same. Don't get me wrong one should definitely be appreciative and grateful to one's guru/teacher/master who got you there but does that mean more emphasis is on them than WaheGuru?

Is this Astral plane he talks off another way of referring to Dev lok?

Edited by Sat1176

Astral plane is a junction point between the formless realms and realms of form. In the words of a Sufi master the 'place' where spirits are materialized and matter is spiritualised. It is called Astral because it is luminous like the stars; lucid dreaming is an experience on the Astral plane. In the physical body there is 'seed' of the astral body, this seed must be watered with the tears of suffering and given sustenance and heat by the Sun of tapasya or holy labour. And then another body can grow which can experience on the Astral plane which is also known as the plane of deception. Its symbol is the serpent. Which is why all Masters are shown with a Serpent overshadowing them because they have mastered the Astral plane. This shadowy realm is the only means of interaction Perfected beings have with imperfect beings perfect=formless imperfect=form.

I have great appreciation for some of the things he is saying and like some of the common messages I have heard from the Sikhi perspective. But I do find it a little off putting by the constant mentioning of "the perfect living master" etc and how his master is the one guiding him even though he has moved on. To further go on state that his master now manifests in the radiant form is a bit too much for me to digest. I would rather keep things simple and call this the prakash roop of Waheguru or Atma if that is the darshan aspects he is making references to.

Lets assume, this master was a realized being and merged into Waheguru or realised his true self as in a drop merging back into the ocean. Now to call the ocean by constant references to the drop belittles the entire ocean of the Lord in my view. When one drop merges back into the whole, it would be impossible to separate or find that drop again. Now to make your teacher the object of your meditation instead of the Lord just doesn't sit as well with me. I can't completely call this wrong either because even we Sikhs at times pray to our Gurus and equally say the Gurus and Waheguru are One the same. Don't get me wrong one should definitely be appreciative and grateful to one's guru/teacher/master who got you there but does that mean more emphasis is on them than WaheGuru?

I know, but this is the way they get followers.

I just ignore the living master references because here is where we use the shabad gurmantar.

I just see that part as where the beliefs differentiate since the living guru for me is different to theirs.

They say there are stages where one may need the spirit guide/guru to help them across part of the ocean, but even then, we can hold on to the shabad, I imagine.

Personally speaking, if I were to reach such a stage where my lack of intellect or buddhi may need waheguru's manifestation in some sargun saroop to help guide me, then das would be over the moon to have Guru Nanak ji's guiding hand and charan.

Is this Astral plane he talks off another way of referring to Dev lok?

I don't think it is.

Again, from what I personally understand is that Dev lok is a higher stage than the astral.

The astral also comes with the overlap stage where stuck souls can be,,, these are what one can can experience as poot and prets....etc..

This is also the overlap that psychic mediums, seances ....ouija boards..and all that, make contact with.

Dev lok is way beyond that and you can't tap in there with any ouija board !

Dev lok is more of the angelic realm that we want to pass even further, but it requires more effort than passing the first astral level.

I think that only consciousness expansion compared to astral travel, can get you up and past dev lok.

One thing I noticed was all the videos had been cut when it came to an actual exercise. I have found some audio recordings of the actual workshops.

Loads of helpful tips here and the Q&A at the end was very enlightening.

Topics:

What point is he actually referring to when he says sit behind the eyes? It's right back between the intersection between the ears and the centre of the eyes. It is not sitting just behind the eyes towards the front like most people do.

Navigating the lower practice sounds to reach the pulling sound.

Staying put in the center when encountering sounds, visions of colours, stars etc. Not to move towards the lights.

There is a walkthrough of a actual meditation session.

www.ishanews.org/media/audio/Meditation_Workshop_Hunt_Beach_CA_02_22_2014_PM.mp3

Edited by Sat1176

On 6/29/2014 at 10:26 AM, Sat1176 said:

One thing I noticed was all the videos had been cut when it came to an actual exercise. I have found some audio recording of the actual workshops.

Loads of helpful tips here and the Q&A at the end was very enlightening.

Sat thank you for mentioning the tips

This audio is also good, but what he says has been repeated many times before in all his youtube videos.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have had contacted ishwar puri ji many times regarding queries and experiences of meditation.specially regarding inner sounds..he have been very helpful .

I know this is a website regarding sikhism.but i think sikhism includes all concepts..it is very broad.we should view other religions positively in accordance with sikhism.ihave a read a hundred of books on sant mat and radha swami .though it has emerged from sikhism no doubt but these saints baba sawan singh and baba faqir chand(both are no more alive) were god realised saints..though i am no one to decide that but their knowledge and books speak jur like that of baba isher singh ji.faqir chand has so far given me the best ever explanation of naam

Edited by Sahib

Ishwar puri ji told me to search for the sound of tinkling of small bells.if you hear that thn pay attention..otherwise just let the sounds come and go...when the real bell sound will come it will have a pulling power and can rise your surt easily..but it takes time to reach that big bell sound