Chalisa

Bhaji, do you need maryada for Chalisa? or for doing Sukhmani Saheb in particular?

Maryada for Chalisa is Amritvela, Ishnaan including Kes, White cloth aasan, jot, agarbatti, facing East (although I would choose the direction of where Maharaj ji's parkaash is or where you've kept your collection of Gutke Saheb & sainchian) and doing your path at the same time and same place for all 40 days.

This is what I remember from the top of my head....although, I shall try and look for a source if you need one.

Edited by Raaj.Karega.Khalsa

Bhaji, do you need maryada for Chalisa? or for doing Sukhmani Saheb in particular?

Maryada for Chalisa is Amritvela, Ishnaan including Kes, White cloth aasan, jot, agarbatti, facing East (although I would choose the direction of where Maharaj ji's parkaash is or where you've kept your collection of Gutke Saheb & sainchian) and doing your path at the same time and same place for all 40 days.

This is what I remember from the top of my head....although, I shall try and look for a source if you need one.

This is more or less how we did it in India.

Those who can should do some paatth in this manner, at least on the weekends. We used do it with the whole extended family. And we made parshad and served it after ardas. It was great!

This is more or less how we did it in India.

Those who can should do some paatth in this manner, at least on the weekends. We used do it with the whole extended family. And we made parshad and served it after ardas. It was great!

Bhaji, your post has reminded me that I forgot to mention Degh, Anand Saheb (6 paurian) and Ardas.

When you say "in India", do you just mean home or a samparda/taksal?

• 3 years later...