Must Read Books On Sikhs And Punjab Issues

amar_jkp

For those who believe in seeking truth:

The Punjab Story

By Amarjit Kaur, Lt Gen Jagjit Singh Aurora, Khushwant Singh, M.V. Kamath, Shekhar Gupta, Subhash Kirpekar, Sunil Sethi, Tavleen Singh

Amritsar Mrs. Gandhi's Last Battle

By Mark Tully, Sathish Jacob

Preview available on Google Books

Amarjit Kaurs book, "Dawn after Darkness" or something similiar is a good book.

tavleen singh and mark tully are untrustable, khushwant too egotistical and i cant remember anything by the other authors off the top of my head at the moment.

But you have to look at the actions of the indian govt after brahma chellany issued a news article on bluestar, charging him with "waging war against the state" and "sedition", and think whether any other authors would have have the guts to tell the truth.

Ranbir Singh has done an exellent book "Sant Jarnail Singh's life and martyrdom", I believe a pdf is available online.

Joyce Pettigrew wrote several excellent books on the Panjab issue. One of them is called"The Sikhs of the Panjab".

Gurmit Singh has written a good book "History of Sikh struggles!.

Me Judice by Kapur Singh is a book I would recommend as well.

Good you respect Brahma for his courage and uprightness.

I do respect his reporting from the frontline, of something he saw with his own eyes.

But do you respect his writings too? No where this 'Bahman' has endoresed the fanatical views of JSB and terror spread by his followers.

No-one has claimed he endorsed any view of Bhindranwale here.

In fact in one of the books (Securing India's Future in the New Millennium), it is written (page 296): "...the government watched while Bhindranwale, a minor religious figure, became the leader of a large propertion of disaffected Sikhs. It allowed him to violate the law as he smuggled arms and explosives into the golden temple in Amritsar. Finally, the government had to use the army to storm the temple. This contributed much towards consolidating and expanding the terrorist movement in Punjab".

This is poor from someone of his calibre. Arms and explosives? Maybe the fear of being labelled a traitor to the indian state overrode his earlier journalistic ideals.

fighting for faith and nation by cynthia mahmood i heard is also a good book I'm actually planning on picking it up this week.

It is a good book.

Good you respect Brahma for his courage and uprightness. But do you respect his writings too? No where this 'Bahman' has endoresed the fanatical views of JSB and terror spread by his followers. In fact in one of the books (Securing India's Future in the New Millennium), it is written (page 296): "...the government watched while Bhindranwale, a minor religious figure, became the leader of a large propertion of disaffected Sikhs. It allowed him to violate the law as he smuggled arms and explosives into the golden temple in Amritsar. Finally, the government had to use the army to storm the temple. This contributed much towards consolidating and expanding the terrorist movement in Punjab".

Topic is regarding Books if you want to share write it and for your favourite topic Bhindranwale this and that start some new topic . DONT SPOIL THIS TOPIC you have already made this forum as Hindu-Sikh fight forum . I used to come here to learn something but after reading your hated comments i was force to reply . Again if you want to reply me write somewhere else . I want to keep this clean .

Boss I conduct substantial research before writing anything.

You had me laughing so much with this line.

As far as claiming one of the most heinous terror attacks is concerned, i would quote...

The most competent all-round book on this tragedy is Soft Target. It was written at a time when there was no pressure from India. The authors have written without fear and bias. I suggest you read it.

Intelligence Digest by Kenneth Hugh De Courcy, John De Courcy says:

"The principal Sikh groups known to be active at the international terrorist level are three: 1 Dashmesh, also know as the 10th Regiment. It was founded in ... a bomb destined for an Air India jumbo jet exploded prematurely, killing two baggage officials. It also claimed responsibility for the destruction of another Air India jumbo jet off the coast of Ireland, killing more than 300 passengers. During the past ."

Dashmesh regiment and others may have played minor roles in this 'revenge'attack but clearly Babbar Khalsa was responsible for the attack. Thousands of pages have been written about their complicity in killing 330 innocents so don't even try suggesting Sikh terrorists were not involved in the bombings.

why BK did not claim the responsibility for one of the worst terror attacks anywhere in the world?

"The clearest example of a terrorist atrocity motivated by revenge was the placing of a bomb on Air India flight 182 from Montreal ... This was that the bomb had been placed on the airliner by Sikh militants seeking revenge for the Indian government's ... Further, because revenge is often seen as having less legitimacy than other motives, there tends to be less readiness to claim responsibility for such acts"

Terrorism and Global Disorder - Page 141 By Adrian Guelke

Dashment Regiment?

Are you talking about a 2 man outfit that managed next to nothing in Panjab during the movement?

And suggesting that this 2 man outfit managed to perpertrate an act of terror 10,000 miles away?

Is this part of your "substantial research"?

You are welcome.

that's good, at least you had a good laugh

true, i did have a good laugh, usually i just groan with pity on your parents after reading your propoganda.

Soft target - there are 100s of articles and above-all there is John Major's report. you cannot help noticing the central theme of the Major commission report

As I said, Soft Target stands above those reports for its timing, abscence of external factors, and non-political biased investigative journalism.

I am not talking about Dashmesh regiment - various writers are. Those losers made a claim about bombing the aeroplanes.

But you bandied the quotes around like they meant something.

You are aware that whenever outrages happen, govts and it's agencies make false claims on behalf of it's opponenets to smear their name and image. I'm sure your equally aware, given the substantial research you do, that the first name given to take responsibility for the 9/11 attacks were those of palestinian groups. have a guess who falsely gave that name. Then in the bomb hoax in the west midlands not too long ago. Guess who's names were bandied about in that.

Amarjit Kaurs book, "Dawn after Darkness" or something similiar is a good book.

tavleen singh and mark tully are untrustable, khushwant too egotistical and i cant remember anything by the other authors off the top of my head at the moment.

But you have to look at the actions of the indian govt after brahma chellany issued a news article on bluestar, charging him with "waging war against the state" and "sedition", and think whether any other authors would have have the guts to tell the truth.

Ranbir Singh has done an exellent book "Sant Jarnail Singh's life and martyrdom", I believe a pdf is available online.

Joyce Pettigrew wrote several excellent books on the Panjab issue. One of them is called"The Sikhs of the Panjab".

Gurmit Singh has written a good book "History of Sikh struggles!.

Me Judice by Kapur Singh is a book I would recommend as well.

Can you provide link for Amarjit Kaurs book, "Dawn after Darkness"

Saray Jatt ta terrorist honde.

Ajj keri gotr tou chittar te mithaiee khanee, bahman sahib ji?

--

Lokee ta kehnday c k bahman bheekh tay rehnde.

Par tussi salay rajj de née.

Chamar di chappal vi paygi.

:?

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

Always remember Hindu Putram kise ka naa Mitram , eh log apne pao de ve sakke ne hunde . Dont have any link with them . Sikh livings abroad are lucky that we dont have to deal with them daily . Dont have any link with Punjabi Hindus dont invite them to your Houses and dont go their houses .

sardar-e-idiots you asked me to give the name of the Sikh terrorist orgs which claimed the responsibility of the heinous bomb blasts. what DS was or not, not relevant.

mr india propanganda buffoon, like i said earlier, even if the dashmesh regiment had made such a claim, it would have been ludicrous in the least, but I will reiterate for you once more, that govts purposely claim heinous activities in the names of their opponents to blacken their name.

Once again you are digressing, you asked me a question where it is mentioned that Sikh terrorist organisations claimed resp for the Air India bombing, I provided you few sources.

and I provided a rational response to why these claims can not be taken at face value.

argument sake, if govt claimed resp in the name of DR and you think it was ludicrous, what stopped govt to do it in the name of the real b*astards ie Babbar Khalsa?

I really don't know, but I would think that as part of black ops, the names of rival organisations being given the credit for such actions has turned organisations against each other. The govt used this in Panjab, killing people and claiming it in the names of khalistani organisations. These orgs were subsequently unable to sift fact from fiction, and is many cases did turn their guns on one another.

There was another incident where the indian govt made such a claim, but was left embarrassed when it turned out to be false. I will see if I can find the details.

Everything about Air India bombing points to intelligence agencies and black ops.

Amarjit Kaur's article on post independence history of punjab:

Amarjit Kaur was a Member of Parliament and closely associated with the Government of India's efforts in bringing about an understanding between Hindus and Sikhs in Punjab.

nice try. but another failure for the disgusting hindu jihadi. this is not the same amarjit kaur.

this is the same woman who was crying in the lok sabha after she was manhandled by her govts police force when they were instructed to stop all sikhs from entering delhi from panjab/haryana, lest they disrupt the asiad games in 82.

and the article is full of excreta, much like the person who tried to post it here to distort the writings of another person. typical two-faced conniver.

Edited by chatanga1

nice try. but another failure for the disgusting hindu jihadi. this is not the same amarjit kaur.

this is the same woman who was crying in the lok sabha after she was manhandled by her govts police force when they were instructed to stop all sikhs from entering delhi from panjab/haryana, lest they disrupt the asiad games in 82.

and the article is full of excreta, much like the person who tried to post it here to distort the writings of another person. typical two-faced conniver.

LOL