Must Read Books On Sikhs And Punjab Issues

amar_jkp

You can hardly expect the truth from a Hindustani, much less a Hindustani MP and even less so a Congress MP who was a part of who oppressive and criminal govt that murdered thousands of Sikh youth.

So true.

Sherni is not really the smartest Hinduani here is she?

i bet she was salivating as she was copying and pasting that article here, congratulating herself on the "scoop".

Edited by chatanga1

I haven't seen it on the net.

An absolutley essential read, is "Politics of violence" by Inderjit Singh Jaijee.

It is a must read if you want to really understand what happened in Panjab during the 80s and 90s.

Thanks . Is there any book which specifically talks about Hindu extremism in Punjab ? We have heard incidents of Hindu mob violence in Amritsar and Patiala , how Harbans Lal Khanna started talking about opening Nirankari Deras after 1978 clashed , Hindus celebrating after Operation Blue etc . There were also incidents when Sikhs started going to Darbar Sahb after operation blue star , local Hindu shopkeepers used to throw ciggirates packet above their head to other hindu by saying try this this is new brand called Bhindranwala.

Its not worth quoting a traitor like him ..dont see that as a Hindu - Sikh conflict ..He sought help from Musle to kill our brothers..Remember one thing the Hindus by and large were with the Sarkar Khalsa ..such people who took help from Musle cannot ever be made a face .

Also this is different from what we are discussing however for your information .70% of the population during Maharaja Ranjit Singh's rule was Hindu ..and no one can say that such a big army of Maharaja did not have hindus and muslims ..remember it wasnt a Misl.

lakhpat Rai..100 of Sikh leaders who back-stabbed their own community while this guy took revenge for his brother's murder (if i am not wrong).

Differences what we have created out of ego and just ego ...I do not know about Sher but my faith is in Sikhi and only Sikhi ..we are all branches of the same tree...Hinduism in the form it is now is fairly new and cannot be compared with the knowledge of the Vedas ..so we can just call it DHARAM...it can be Hindu / Sikh/ Jain/ Baudh/ any other Samparday.

Idc sher, I know most of khalistan movement is false.

I would rather work together to kill or deport all 5 600 million subcontinental muslims across Mata Sindhu.

We can settle difference afterwards.

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ | ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ | |

Tch Tch bechara paki. so desperate to somehow justify decade and a half of the madness let loose by some of his fanatic co-religionists which led to the murders of tens of 1000s. I may not believe in nirankaris or any other dera but what was wrong in opening Nirankari deras? why nirankaris (and now dera sacha sauda) followers were hounded by taksali-AkJ thugs? They did not have right to follow a faith they liked?

This intolerant khali is desperate to justify AKJ/taksali violence and even worse shift the blame on Hindus.

local hindus cigarettes... how deceitful this person is. concocting stories of Hindu extremism while ignoring 100 of books which talk about 'sikh extremism'.

tain ki dard na aaya?

Listen you Maha Fudu Chabal Bahman , i have already given answerrs on Sikh - Nirankari issue and if dont remember then its ur problem . Once Punjab government decided to closed Nirankari Deras you Lala Shoor veer named Harban Khanna started making statement like we will open Nirankari deras just becasue of that idiot Hindu - Sikh issue arises . Last year in Rohtak Hindu started protesting against Kabir Panthi deras and they also have the Dera head arrested but we Sikhs doesn't comes out making statement that we help dera head we will give him money to set up deras in other parts of Haryana aur Punjab . But you Khanna did opposite.

Nirankaris got their faith by associating themselves with the Nirankari matt. The Constitution of India gives them "that right".

Read the Article 25 again, it says:

Subject to public order, morality and health and to the other provisions of this Part...

When AKJ-taksalis attacked Niranakri samagam on 13 April 1978, they disturbed that "public order".

We will come to the "Constitution of india" and the AKJ-Taksali part later.

For now let us get some things straightened out which we know that you very cunningly try to twist and manipulate.

Let us track the nirankari "matt" for the moment. What is the difference per your understanding between Sikhs and the nirankaris?

Where did nirankaris get their "faith"? And who/what gave them that "right" anyway?

To take your statement verbatim, my faith gives me full right to fight oppression with martial force if needed.

Will this happen to the White Sikhs as well (3ho Sikhs), they practice certain aspects of of Hindu Dharam e.g. Kundalini yoga, they are frequent visitors to Haridawar and Banaraas.

Should they be dealt in the same way, as with the Nirankaris?

3ho Sikhs also do pooja to Harbajan Singh Jogi, their Guru.

Should Sikhs take the same stance on these people?

Will this happen to the White Sikhs as well (3ho Sikhs), they practice certain aspects of of Hindu Dharam e.g. Kundalini yoga, they are frequent visitors to Haridawar and Banaraas.

Should they be dealt in the same way, as with the Nirankaris?

3ho Sikhs also do pooja to Harbajan Singh Jogi, their Guru.

Should Sikhs take the same stance on these people?

There is a difference.

The 3HO are trying to get into Sikhi, lost as they may be. The identify themselves as Sikhs. Much of the 3HO mess was created by Yogi Bhajan.

If the deluded Taksali radicals like you focused on similarities with other faiths, Punjab would not have lost tens of thousands of its children. similarities not only with the nirankaris but also other faiths (being) attacked by the fanatics.

Well, you snapped back immediately when I asked for difference and now you are the one struggling to find similarities.

I am posting my comments again for your convenience so we can continue to discuss:

What are the similarities per your understanding, if any? Also have been to any nirankari samagam, if you can share that as well?

There is a difference.

The 3HO are trying to get into Sikhi, lost as they may be. The identify themselves as Sikhs. Much of the 3HO mess was created by Yogi Bhajan.

3ho Sikhs were created by Yogi Bajan but he is their Guru. This mess you talk about is part and parcel of their basic belief system.

Edited by Kulsingh5

3ho Sikhs were created by Yogi Bajan but he is their Guru. This mess you talk about is part and parcel of their basic belief system.

Bhajan came here primarily as a yoga instructor so the 3ho folks see him in two aspects, as a yoga teacher and as a Sikh. The mess would not have been created if bhajan would have given the facts straight.

First there are two Nirankaris missions,one as started by Baba Dyal Das and one which is now known as Sant Nirankari Mission.

No let us come to the so called nirankaris.

According to you the teachings of the nirankaris are more line with Sikhs. Let us assume that is true for the moment.

I know you are very well versed and knowledgeable in indian history , So, given the religio-political scene of the time what according to you lead Dyal Das to initiate another sect? What was so compelling?

Edited by OnPathToSikhi

Bhajan came here primarily as a yoga instructor so the 3ho folks see him in two aspects, as a yoga teacher and as a Sikh. The mess would not have been created if bhajan would have given the facts straight.

Facts ? What facts are those?

If the 3ho SIkhs are not on the correct path, who is going to put them on the correct path? SGPC? Taksall?