E Desh Sadda Nhi - Giani Sant Singh Maskeen Ji

amar_jkp

Akal Takht Express

2317/ 2318 Sealdah – Amritsar (ER Sealdah division)

The Akal Takht (Akal: Timeless One and Takht: Throne in Persian). Literally means “Seat (Throne) of the Timeless One (God)”. The Akal Takht was begun by the sixth Sikh Guru, Guru Har Gobind as a symbol for political sovereignty of Sikhs, and is one of the five seats of temporal physical religious authority of the Sikhs. It is located in the Harmandir Sahib (Golden Temple) complex in Amritsar.

Golden Temple Mail

2903/ 2904 Mumbai Central – Amritsar (WR Mumbai division)

Harmandir Sahib, informally referred to as The Golden Temple or Temple of God, is culturally the most significant place of worship of the Sikhs and one of the oldest Sikh gurdwaras. It is located in the city of Amritsar, which was established by Guru Ram Das Ji, the fourth guru of the Sikhs, and is, also due to the shrine, known as Guru Di Nagri meaning city of the Guru.

Hemkunt Express

4609/ 4610 Rishikesh – Jammu Tawi (NR Firozpur division)

Hemkund or Hemkunt Sahib, with a setting of a glacial lake surrounded by seven peaks, is a popular pilgrimage site for Sikhs. It is located at an elevation of over 15,200 ft (4,600 m) in the state of Uttaranchal and is accessible only by foot from Govindghat on the Rishikesh – Badrinath highway. It is most known for a gurudwara, known as Hemkunt Sahib, associated with the tenth Sikh guru, Guru Gobind Singh, and is one of the most sacred of Sikh shrines. The lake also has a Lakshmana temple built on its shores. Hemkund is a Sanskrit name derived from Hem – Snow & Kund – Bowl, so it means “Bowl of Snow”.

Jallianwala Bagh Express

8103/ 8104 Tatanagar – Amritsar (SER Chakradharpur division)

Jallianwala Bagh is a public garden in Amritsar, and houses a memorial of national importance, established in 1951 to commemorate the murder of peaceful celebrators on the occasion of the Punjabi New Year, Baisakhi on 13th April, 1919 in the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.

Would you like to share the dates when these all were started ? I think most of them started under Atal Bihari Vajpayee government whom Akalis were giving support ?

i am really disappointed to note that maskeen had such a petty mind. one of the best known name in Sikh spirituality whining about train names and accusing whole community (Hindus) of being jealous, inolerant...and what not. How mean is that.

Jehde gaddi da naam Golden temple te nahin rakh sakde o golden temple nu kiddan seh sakde aa?

Sick!!

I'm calling bullshit. Wtf do you know about Sant Singh Maskeen? I think you are being not only too quick to judge but also dismissing his point of view without any good reasons of your own.

i am really disappointed to note that maskeen had such a petty mind. one of the best known name in Sikh spirituality whining about train names and accusing whole community (Hindus) of being jealous, inolerant...and what not. How mean is that.

Jehde gaddi da naam Golden temple te nahin rakh sakde o golden temple nu kiddan seh sakde aa?

Sick!!

Probably he was too frightened because of terror movement in punjab (he talks about 'atrocities' in the last 40 years ...1987).

Video is from 80's and Sant ji real question why Sikhs have to come out on roads for their demands . Indian government and Punjabi Hindus were deliberately trying to stop naming trains on Sikh shrines .

Check out India missile and armour names , Brahmos, Trishul, Agni varaj etc

Video is from 80's and Sant ji real question why Sikhs have to come out on roads for their demands . Indian government and Punjabi Hindus were deliberately trying to stop naming trains on Sikh shrines .

Check out India missile and armour names , Brahmos, Trishul, Agni varaj etc

I think Hindu-Sikh relations have improved since. What Maskeen ji is saying was relevant at that time period when there was a rapid deterioration of relations.

Why do you think it is still relevant?

He talks about 40 years of vadikyan (atrocities) in the video. What vadikyan he is talking about in 1987, not naming trains after Sikh pilgrimage places?!!

He names trains named after 'Hindu' pilgrimage places to prove his petty point and claims "we never objected to those names". i find such 'magnanimity' idiotic.

His PoV (point of view) is not that hard to understand. Trains that go to certain pilgrimage place should be named after that pilgrimage. Since the trains that went to the big mandirs were named after those, it would make sense that a train going to the Golden would be named after it. I mean you even provided a list of trains that were eventually named according to Sikh pilgrimage sites. So even you buy into this PoV on some level.

which Maskeen and other such semi-literate gyanis would never acknowledge.

I had great esteem for Maskeen.

One of those things is not like the other.

yet indulged in despicable 'us vs them'/ours vs theirs' randi rona. considering Hindus and Sikhs to be TOTALLY separate religions/communities was the first flaw i noticed in his rant.

India must be the only country where members of such miniscule minority have been elevated to every top position. ironically, assuming Maskeen gave this provocative speech in 1987 - the President of India at that time was G Zail Singh.

Im pretty sure he is talking about us vs government.

india must be the only country where carrying of weapon by a miniscule minority community has been guaranteed by the Constitution

Date?

20-25 % of the army personnel come from Sikh community - maybe he considered that a vadiki too.

No this would be like rubbing salt in the wounds. It would make the other things seem even bigger.

Punjab had the highest per capita income in 1987 - definitely a vadiki.

So Punjabis aren't responsible for this? The government is? lol

All of Punjab villages/cities got electricity in 1973 in a country where 25% of indian population is yet to get access to power four decades later - vadiki

You don't think this is due to the high income that Punjabis have?

you (2 % of population) want treated as equal to the 82 % of population but only in the fields where you think your community has not got everything it demanded.

lol

You are just stating random facts that are irrelevant to what he is talking about.

Anyway this is a waste of time.

Edited by BhagatSingh

I consider this as an outburst due to the happenings during that period ..whatever took place during that time made a rift in the hearts of many ...post this if one hears his lectures Sant Maskeen did not continue it ..so please do not make this as some kind of a foundation for hatred...

Sher if you read the demands made during those times ..you will feel awkward as to why were they not met ..like naming trains and railway stations ..or banning tobacco alcohol and other drugs in the surrounding area of the religious places ..

Bhagat Singh, read my post again. I had great esteem for Maskeen. I considered him to be have a balanced perspective but what he is saying in this video is, if nothing else, highly misinformed. I felt disappointed as this man has, in spite of his study of Sikh scriptures for so long (b 1934, video mostly likely made in 1987) and yet indulged in despicable 'us vs them'/ours vs theirs' randi rona. considering Hindus and Sikhs to be TOTALLY separate religions/communities was the first flaw i noticed in his rant.

He talks about 40 years of vadikyan (atrocities) in the video. What vadikyan he is talking about in 1987, not naming trains after Sikh pilgrimage places?!!

He names trains named after 'Hindu' pilgrimage places to prove his petty point and claims "we never objected to those names". i find such 'magnanimity' idiotic. he finds the requirement to hand over your kirpan to aircraft crew as a vadiki!

india must be the only country where carrying of weapon by a miniscule minority community has been guaranteed by the Constitution which Maskeen and other such semi-literate gyanis would never acknowledge.

India must be the only country where members of such miniscule minority have been elevated to every top position. ironically, assuming Maskeen gave this provocative speech in 1987 - the President of India at that time was G Zail Singh.

20-25 % of the army personnel come from Sikh community - maybe he considered that a vadiki too.

Punjab had the highest per capita income in 1987 - definitely a vadiki.

All of Punjab villages/cities got electricity in 1973 in a country where 25% of indian population is yet to get access to power four decades later - vadiki

you (2 % of population) want treated as equal to the 82 % of population but only in the fields where you think your community has not got everything it demanded.

Did he want army recruitment to be done according to Sikh population percentage? he was definitely happy with this vadiki on other communities.

Also, he had no shame or sympathy for atrocities being committed by his co-religionists on innocents in Punjab at that time? not one word for those vadikis?

Here comes dirty mindset of 82% . All should be treated equally what ever their number are.

I consider this as an outburst due to the happenings during that period ..whatever took place during that time made a rift in the hearts of many ...post this if one hears his lectures Sant Maskeen did not continue it ..so please do not make this as some kind of a foundation for hatred...

Sher if you read the demands made during those times ..you will feel awkward as to why were they not met ..like naming trains and railway stations ..or banning tobacco alcohol and other drugs in the surrounding area of the religious places ..

Sher knows that Punjabi Hindus oppose it that's why they were not met . But why did they oppose it ?

^This

I think Hindu-Sikh relations have improved since. What Maskeen ji is saying was relevant at that time period when there was a rapid deterioration of relations.

Why do you think it is still relevant?

Things went downhill immediately after partition, with the "Sikhs are a criminal tribe" label of the indian govt. Soon after Master Tara Singh was arrested and charged with treason.

These are the issues that are still relevant.

considering Hindus and Sikhs to be TOTALLY separate religions/communities was the first flaw

but thats nothing new is it? And certainly not a minority thought amongst the Sikhs.

How would you know? You close your eyes (and ears) whenever Sikhs talk about any issues.

He names trains named after 'Hindu' pilgrimage places to prove his petty point and claims "we never objected to those names". i find such 'magnanimity' idiotic.

Whats petty about it? Its a very good point to I'd say. The only reason you call it petty is because you are unable to file it alongside you copy and paste of :

20-25 % of the army personnel come from Sikh community -

Punjab had the highest per capita income in 1987 -

amongst other drivel. Its hurts you so much doesnt it. Isn't it ironic that the hindu jihadis that harp on about this, and use it as a tool, were the first to object to the train names?

All of Punjab villages/cities got electricity in 1973 in a country where 25% of indian population is yet to get access to power four decades later

There is a reason why Panjab progressed faster than any other state in india, and that was because mainly down to the twin factors of sikh enterprise and natural resources. The land of panjab is extremely fertile and the govt didnt invest there to help the Sikhs out, they did it so they could get enough food for the rest of india, with hopefully some left over to export.

this cretin never felt awkward about his fellow hindus giving their sisters and mothers to the moghals to enjoy, how on earth would he feel awkward about not giving the sikhs anything. what planet you on jaikara?

Maskeen ji is a highly distinguised and noteworthy personality in the entire sikh world. He has definitely hit the nail on its head by delivering this speech. Dates are insignificant. His message is as pertinent now as it was then.

Your sentence in punjabi has been dealth with in this video, if you care to listen to him attentively.

Truth hurts. I salute maskeen sahib ji for exposing the lying, scheming and conniving natures of those involved in destroying the sikh identity within Muhammed Iqbal's 'hindustan' which has seen nothing but slavery from the times it ever appeared on the face of this earth!

One bloody mess on the entire world map! A mess where roads don't lead anywhere because of lack of road signs, no concept of cleanliness or hygiene, corruption on massive scale, no decent healthcare system, masses which are fat and lazy and the list goes on!

There is nothing 'sick' about what he is saying. In fact, he is telling the ignorant masses what Muhammad Iqbal's 'hindustan' is capable of doing to its innocent and hardworking citizens who provide the bread basket for the rest of the lazy, slum loving, dirty filthy masses who have never seen a days hardwork in their lives and make their living by begging on the streets and stealing!!

Maskeen sahib ji is a well read profound thinker of our times so there is no match for his wonderfully gifted mind. There is no match. His words live on.

THIS^

where Indian govt or PHs opposed naming trains on sikh shrines. and why should not india use indigenous names like Trishul and Agni, do u want India to follow your fantasy land Pakistan's footsteps and use invaders' names?

well the invaders certainly achieved more than your people did. names like sher, and weak as piss. lol.

Edited by chatanga1

I asked Why do you think it is still relevant?

this cretin never felt awkward about his fellow hindus giving their sisters and mothers to the moghals to enjoy, how on earth would he feel awkward about not giving the sikhs anything. what planet you on jaikara?

ਪਰ ਨਿੰਦਾ ਕਰੇ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਮਲੁ ਲਾਏ It's not rocket science.

Edited by BhagatSingh

Chatanga veer ji ..such statements dont suit you ..the British employed the Sikhs ..Maharaj Ranjit singh betrayed the Holkar Maharaja in the war against the British ..so should the Hindus says that Sikh women were given to the British ?????? The Sikhs in the British army shot innocents in Jallianwala Bagh ..so now what should they be called ...Please dont pass such statements ..

There is absolutely no evidence that Sikhs were discriminated against in the independent India, esp this 'Sikhs are a criminal tribe' line of the khaliban propagandists. Master Tara Singh ...same gentleman who was humiliated by the clergy and was declared a tankhaiya for breaking a fast? he (an urban khatri) died a totally broken man for the humiliation heaped by the jat leadership of akali dal.

Master Tara Singh enjoyed almost total support of the Sikh peasantry for over three decades. When he gave the call for Punjabi Suba it was the rural areas that sent Jathas that courted arrest. It was only after Master Tara Singh indulged in the gandhian fast unto death and reneged on his vow that he lost his support among ALL Sikhs. Typical Bahman making this a Jat issue.

Chatanga veer ji ..such statements dont suit you ..the British employed the Sikhs ..Maharaj Ranjit singh betrayed the Holkar Maharaja in the war against the British ..so should the Hindus says that Sikh women were given to the British ?????? The Sikhs in the British army shot innocents in Jallianwala Bagh ..so now what should they be called ...Please dont pass such statements ..

How did Maharaja Ranjit Singh betray Holkar? Just because he did not believe that it was in his interests to support a rag tag beaten army of Marathas against the British does not make his actions betrayal. There is some doubt whether Sikh soldiers were among Dyer's column who shot innocent people in Jallianwala Bagh. Majority of writers state that it was mainly Gurkhas and Baluchis. Some mention a few Sikhs others mention just Gurkhas and Baluchis.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Z6X3AgAAQBAJ&pg=PA176&lpg=PA176&dq=gurkhas+jallianwala+bagh&source=bl&ots=z6ywVUKRWX&sig=LCmpGwx1nFfnwR-mM7BOLjUxOgs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=7v0kVIrwDYXW7gbB5oCQAg&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBTgU#v=onepage&q=gurkhas%20jallianwala%20bagh&f=false

Even if it were a few ...they were is the fact ...The Maharaj of Patiala got Baba Hanuman Singh ji saheed...so you would want to say that for the royal family of Patiala then .

In his interest ...Now thats a statement which will open a pandora's box...

How did Maharaja Ranjit Singh betray Holkar? Just because he did not believe that it was in his interests to support a rag tag beaten army of Marathas against the British does not make his actions betrayal. There is some doubt whether Sikh soldiers were among Dyer's column who shot innocent people in Jallianwala Bagh. Majority of writers state that it was mainly Gurkhas and Baluchis. Some mention a few Sikhs others mention just Gurkhas and Baluchis.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Z6X3AgAAQBAJ&pg=PA176&lpg=PA176&dq=gurkhas+jallianwala+bagh&source=bl&ots=z6ywVUKRWX&sig=LCmpGwx1nFfnwR-mM7BOLjUxOgs&hl=en&sa=X&ei=7v0kVIrwDYXW7gbB5oCQAg&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBTgU#v=onepage&q=gurkhas%20jallianwala%20bagh&f=false

Pertinent message ...

please elaborate. Do you subscribe to the 'four (now seven) decades of atrocities on Sikhs' rant? If yes, you need to give some evidence.

lying, scheming and conniving natures of those involved in destroying the sikh identity within Muhammed Iqbal's 'hindustan'

whom are you talking about, come straight to the point if he did not have the courage to use the H word, what is stopping you? and what is the 'Sikh identity' anyway?

...which has seen nothing but slavery from the times it ever appeared on the face of this earth!

which part of India you are talking about, is it Punjab? shall we discuss which part of India has been under the foreign (or their india born prgenies) rule for the longest? which part has been invaded, defeated the most?

...masses which are fat and lazy and the list goes on!

disgusting way to describe the beloved land of the Gurus. Anyway, only a rich person can be fat and lazy. poor does not have such luxuries. going by your perverse logic, Hindustan/India (exc Punjab lets say) 40 % of indian pop is below poverty line BPL.

...its innocent and hardworking citizens who provide the bread basket for the rest of the lazy, slum loving, dirty filthy masses who have never seen a days hardwork in their lives and make their living by begging on the streets and stealing!!

wow! what an outburst from a racist scum who forgot that the 'bread basket' brag would ring hollow but for the labor which comes from the lands where ppl make their living by begging.... this is disgusting! Is this person really claiming to be a human being (forget being a Sikh)? has he ever been to the lands where they walk kilometers just to get drinking water for the family? villages which are yet to see electricity poles?

no wonder maskeen is "well read profound thinker" for this ignoramus, racist lowlife.

What happened? Truth hurt?

You can make a point per your understanding, but stay away from criticizing Bhai Maskeen Ji directly or indirectly. This is in direct reference to your quote "no wonder maskeen is "well read profound thinker" for this ignoramus, racist lowlife."