You got it all twisted. The lack of compassion and forethought is a problem at the individual level.

Come on Dally! It's when it reaches upto the government levels that the problems really begin. An individual will look after himself. A government will/should be looking after it's citizens, otherwise they have no justification in governing.

Quite surprised you have brought the macro thought and governance down to an individual level.

I've talked to many an Indian doctor, I have some as friends. They usually come from large families of doctors backhome (they seem to interbreed) and apparently their doctor relatives back home aren't doing too bad at all either.

If anything they tell me that work load wise and pressure wise, doctors have a better time out there than here.

Quite a few doctors of Indian extract are disgusted with their treatment here in the UK btw with preferential treatment being given to their white colleagues and exhausting workloads. Just so you know it isn't all hunk-dory in the west.

So its a similiar story to these jats you find working on buildings sites. Except that these doctors have put in a lot of time and effort to become doctors.

Like yourself I hate bollywood movies but hell they make us a lot of money, and more importantly we have the skill to make them.

Wow. I never thought i would see the words "bollywood movies" and "skill" in the same sentence.

Bollywood movies are a joke, always have been and will be.

Feel free to use our satellites and space program to improve your yield.

How will your satelites in space affect the yield of produce in Panjab?

You can also use our number and decimal system to count your money.

Thanks, we need them to count the number of people you and your hindutva ideology have killed. We know there's no dnager of you being able to count them. You wouldnt get past 0.

Are these the same Europeana that were slaves to the Muslims for 900 years? There is a nice documentary about it on Youtube. Perhaps you need to learn your history before spouting.

The Pope, so scared of the Moslems, sends an emissary all the way to Mongolia because rumour had it the king was Christian. The emissary travels for months only to be laughed at by the Mongol king.

But soon events would help the Pope. The Mongol king himself would send gifts and emissary to the middle east and they are beheaded by the moslems. The Mongol king in return destroys the muslim world.

And the Christians get their kingdoms back! Tuddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Much as I like to show a Hindu his dumbness, I don't have the time to educate you. The forefathers of the Italians, the Romans ruled most of Europe for over 600 years. The Muslims only ruled Spain for about 700 years and parts of the Balkans for 400 years. The rest of Europe was able to hold off the Muslims and with superior technology colonise the Muslim world. Too bad the Hindus who make tall claims of having invented everything did not use this genius to hold of the Muslims.

Much as I like to show a Hindu his dumbness, I don't have the time to educate you. The forefathers of the Italians, the Romans ruled most of Europe for over 600 years. The Muslims only ruled Spain for about 700 years and parts of the Balkans for 400 years. The rest of Europe was able to hold off the Muslims and with superior technology colonise the Muslim world. Too bad the Hindus who make tall claims of having invented everything did not use this genius to hold of the Muslims.

Superior technology, no. The muslims had better technology. A little quirk of history saved Europe from completely falling. The destruction of the middle east by the Mongols.

Looser.

Superior technology, no. The muslims had better technology. A little quirk of history saved Europe from completely falling. The destruction of the middle east by the Mongols.

Looser.

The Europeans should have used some of that superior technology grab a hold of Jerusalem which was under Islamic rule for 500 years. Instead they got destroyed by Saladin. So much for superior technology.

The Europeans should have used some of that superior technology grab a hold of Jerusalem which was under Islamic rule for 500 years. Instead they got destroyed by Saladin. So much for superior technology.

You arsewipe read what I wrote and not what you think I wrote. The British did grab hold of Jerusalem in 1917, They colonised the Muslim world along with the French and the Dutch. If The Mongol destruction of Baghdad saved Europe why didn't it save India as well?

Europe was under threat from much longer from the Turks than it from the Arabs. Baghdad was the centre of Muslim culture and it's sacking would have been felt equally in the West as in the East. The so-called fierce resistance is a myth. A few hundred Muslims were able to march across India and kill thousands of Hindus. Read the histories of the Muslim invasions and not the rewritten history as espoused by the RSS and other Hindu extremist organisations. A few thousand Franks were able to stop the Arabs in France and a few centuries later were able to capture Jerusalem. How did the Hindus fare? Was there a Hindu reconquista? Did they manage to reconquer the former Hindu and Buddhist lands of Afghanistan and central Asia?

Europe was under threat from much longer from the Turks than it from the Arabs. Baghdad was the centre of Muslim culture and it's sacking would have been felt equally in the West as in the East. The so-called fierce resistance is a myth. A few hundred Muslims were able to march across India and kill thousands of Hindus. Read the histories of the Muslim invasions and not the rewritten history as espoused by the RSS and other Hindu extremist organisations. A few thousand Franks were able to stop the Arabs in France and a few centuries later were able to capture Jerusalem. How did the Hindus fare? Was there a Hindu reconquista? Did they manage to reconquer the former Hindu and Buddhist lands of Afghanistan and central Asia?

Except, the Caliph of Baghdad gave up all hope in conquering India after getting his butt handed to him again and again. You can read that in his own words.

For further reference you should read the Chachnama as well. But it's not in Punjabi.

Edited by Amandeep Hindustani

Except, the Caliph of Baghdad gave up all hope in conquering India after getting his butt handed to him again and again. You can read that in his own words.

Yep, the Christians never really managed to reconquer Turkey did they?

You arsewipe read what I wrote and not what you think I wrote. The British did grab hold of Jerusalem in 1917, They colonised the Muslim world along with the French and the Dutch. If The Mongol destruction of Baghdad saved Europe why didn't it save India as well?

You should use some of that spirit to get back West Punjab. Its more important to you than Afghanistan ever was to us although as the moslems admit the Shahis did put up a fierce fight.

Edited by Amandeep Hindustani

• 1 year later...
On 02/10/2014 at 3:36 PM, Sher said:

To put the things in the correct perspective, the organisation behind India's Mars mission (ISRO) is helping save lives in India through advanced technology.

To quote from an article (on a 'racist' NYT cartoon about India's Mars mission):

For starters, ISRO isn't destroying our programmes to fight poverty. As the three scientists from ISRO pointed out in an AMA on Reddit, "ISRO's allotted budget for fiscal year 2013-14 is $ 950 Million, almost 19 times less, and is about 0.33% of the total Indian budget. So, no, ISRO is not taking a bite out of the poor and hungry Indian's pie."

They also pointed out satellites launched by ISRO are helping with disaster situations. The scientists wrote, "In fact, through its remote sensing and communication programs (IRS and INSAT), we are only helping build an essential infrastructure for the country. We saved millions (of lives and dollars, both) by being well prepared for the cyclone Phailin. That is where maintaining cutting edge technological capability through R & D pays! Remote sensing helps our farmers and fishermen: the beloved poor-hungry-Indians and enables them to buy food."

Sher, if are you are still contributing to this forum, what is your take on the recent disaster in Chennai vis-a-vis this Space Mission?

No amount of technology can prevent every natural disaster. The satellite can give you information but it has to be acted upon through infrastructure upgrades and disaster management policies. A generation ago 3000 people would have been dead instead of 300. So, it has come a long way.

But now I've returned so everything shall be ok.

29 minutes ago, Amandeep Hindustani said:

No amount of technology can prevent every natural disaster. The satellite can give you information but it has to be acted upon through infrastructure upgrades and disaster management policies. A generation ago 3000 people would have been dead instead of 300. So, it has come a long way.

We aren't talking about technology prevent a natural disaster. We were talking about what this space mission in terms of cost, given the daily death toll in India, would mean to the average citizen in India, or more specifically those living and dying from starvation.

Did the satellite give the information that a storm was on it's way? If so in terms of days, how much warning was given?

Why would the govt not act upon the info given by the satellite and put some procedure in place? Surely that would be the end product ?

To say, " the satellite gave us the info and we acted upon it". To have it up there, and ignoring it, is a waste of resources, and think of the people who have died since then.

Your "3000" seems very misplaced here, if the authorities did not act upon the satellite information. 300 people would have died regardless whether there was a satellite there or not, because its information was in reality of no consequence.

29 minutes ago, Amandeep Hindustani said:

But now I've returned so everything shall be ok.

Everything shall be ok here? What about the place you left? How will things be there without you?

21 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

I agree with you. I'm going to write a letter to the SGPC to forfeit their 993 crore budget and hand it over the poor. While you're at it why not ask some of your farmer buddies to pay taxes and fund future development instead of expecting everything for free.

We aren't talking about technology prevent a natural disaster. We were talking about what this space mission in terms of cost, given the daily death toll in India, would mean to the average citizen in India, or more specifically those living and dying from starvation.

Did the satellite give the information that a storm was on it's way? If so in terms of days, how much warning was given?

Why would the govt not act upon the info given by the satellite and put some procedure in place? Surely that would be the end product ?

To say, " the satellite gave us the info and we acted upon it". To have it up there, and ignoring it, is a waste of resources, and think of the people who have died since then.

Your "3000" seems very misplaced here, if the authorities did not act upon the satellite information. 300 people would have died regardless whether there was a satellite there or not, because its information was in reality of no consequence.

Everything shall be ok here? What about the place you left? How will things be there without you?

On 23/12/2015 at 3:47 PM, Amandeep Hindustani said:

I agree with you. I'm going to write a letter to the SGPC to forfeit their 993 crore budget and hand it over the poor. While you're at it why not ask some of your farmer buddies to pay taxes and fund future development instead of expecting everything for free.

Come on Amandeep, you know that's no answer.

On December-24-15 at 5:45 PM, chatanga1 said:

Come on Amandeep, you know that's no answer.

Expecting to stop progress in every field with the intention of eradicating poverty is a noble idea. However, it does not work like that. Never has never will. Like I said a generation back this particular disaster would have killed 3000 instead of 300. A definite improvement but obviously more needs to be done.

Maybe the SGPC with their 993 crore budget could launch a satellite, take the results and act upon them?

7 hours ago, Amandeep Hindustani said:

Expecting to stop progress in every field with the intention of eradicating poverty is a noble idea.

Accepted and understood but ideas remain ideas until they come into effect.

However, it does not work like that. Never has never will.

If ideas will remain just that, why noise them about? Why not wait until we have definitive progress ?

Like I said a generation back this particular disaster would have killed 3000 instead of 300.

3000 is just conjecture. Tomorrow someone can claim 30, 000 would have died.

A definite improvement but obviously more needs to be done.

Duhhhh! Obviously. Who would fit a toilet bowl in their house without having a pipe to take the excreta outside to the sewer?

But what we have at the moment is exactly that. A toilet that may look new and shiny but is still dumping shit in the house.

Maybe the SGPC with their 993 crore budget could launch a satellite, take the results and act upon them?

I think the SGPC would not do that if there were 7000 people dying of starvation every day in Panjab. Honestly can you see them doing that? Be honest Mr Hindustani.

And FYI, I'm not having criticising the space program per se, I feel that given your country's internal problems, the money could have been wiser spent. Let's accept your figure of 3000 for arguments sake. That means that in the year and 3 months since it's launch, somewhere around 3 million people have died in your country because of starvation. Now how does 2700 lives saved compare to 3 million?

And FYI, I'm not having criticising the space program per se, I feel that given your country's internal problems, the money could have been wiser spent. Let's accept your figure of 3000 for arguments sake. That means that in the year and 3 months since it's launch, somewhere around 3 million people have died in your country because of starvation. Now how does 2700 lives saved compare to 3 million?

Mangalyaan is actually money utilised. What about the other sectors. GOI allocate Billions to  various schemes and nobody knows where the money goes.If 993 crores was not given to Mangalyaan then that money could had been lost like billions which is allocated every year.For every 1 rupee central govt give only 5 paisa reach to people

2 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

Mangalyaan is actually money utilised.

Well it's not actually is it, seeing as it didn't really achieve the objective it was supposed to.

What about the other sectors. GOI allocate Billions to  various schemes and nobody knows where the money goes.

Well that's their stupidity isn't it. But we can say at least it is recoverable somewhere. Where would the 72 million Rs be recoverable?

If 993 crores was not given to Mangalyaan then that money could had been lost like billions which is allocated every year.

But by allocating it to mangalayan it has been lost also.

For every 1 rupee central govt give only 5 paisa reach to people

It's your country. You vote these leeches in.

Well it's not actually is it, seeing as it didn't really achieve the objective it was supposed to.

Mangalyaan has given India enough publicity that India has now progressed in Science and technology.This will help India securing foreign investment .Recently SAAB has offered to manufacture fighter jets in India for 100 years if they purchase jets from them.young children will now take up science with more interest  as Mangalyaan has given enough publicity

Well that's their stupidity isn't it. But we can say at least it is recoverable somewhere. Where would the 72 million Rs be recoverable?

Money once gone is hardly recoverable.Also the cost of Mangalyaan by purchasing items within India has gone Indian economy.India also hosted commonwealth games whose cost was 10000 crore to 70000 crore ,In 2016 India is giving big pay hike to Govt employees and pensioners which will cost 1 lakh crore to Central govt.So there are many expenditure that should have been curbed before pointing fingers at mangalyaan.

It's your country. You vote these leeches in.

Urban educated casteless voters like me are still very much in minority. It is rural caste based voters hold the key who will win elections in India.I have seen Sikhs outside India blame everything from GOI to RSS for Badal in power but never ever they point that Rural Jatt sikh voters which are core vote bank of Badal, the day rural sikhs will abandon him he will be finished

19 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Accepted and understood but ideas remain ideas until they come into effect.

If ideas will remain just that, why noise them about? Why not wait until we have definitive progress ?

3000 is just conjecture. Tomorrow someone can claim 30, 000 would have died.

Duhhhh! Obviously. Who would fit a toilet bowl in their house without having a pipe to take the excreta outside to the sewer?

But what we have at the moment is exactly that. A toilet that may look new and shiny but is still dumping shit in the house.

I think the SGPC would not do that if there were 7000 people dying of starvation every day in Panjab. Honestly can you see them doing that? Be honest Mr Hindustani.

So, not launching the 74 million dollar satellite would have solved the hunger problem in India? Why don't you read up on the overall benefits of the space program?

I just saw a youtube video of a certain gurudwara being washed in milk. Don't you think you could ship some of this milk to the increasingly poor people in Punjab?

8 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

This will help India securing foreign investment .

Maybe for toilet manufacturers yes.

Recently SAAB has offered to manufacture fighter jets in India for 100 years if they purchase jets from them.young children will now take up science with more interest  as Mangalyaan has given enough publicity

That's more to do with astute business sense than recognising any skill or achievement. Labour is so cheap in india that it will be a win-win situation for SAAB. They get their jets produced for less, get a good deal from india and also will export and make even more money.

young children will now take up science with more interest  as Mangalyaan has given enough publicity

india has always produced good scientists but never been able to hold onto them. Europe/USA have always been able to poach them with ease.

Money once gone is hardly recoverable.

I disagree. Any govt employee who pockets a million RS will have it somewhere on this earth where the govt may still be able to reclaim it. how can yu reclaim anything from space/Mars?

Mangalyaan has given India enough publicity that India has now progressed in Science and technology.

Absolutely, but when it's looked at how it affects the average citizen of india, the publicity will be negative or critical.