Does Eating Sarbloh Bibek Effect Spirituality ?

Ok well that's too bad. You should really note these things down for tracking purpose.

Anyway

also, i did not get any answer to my original question yet .

Bro we gave you an answer to both of your questions.

To us the answers are pretty clear.

If you think you need more clarity then you should reply to what we have said and ask questions and expressed concern regarding the contents of our posts.

You've gotten paragraphs upon paragraphs in repsonse (looks at Harsharan) whereas you have replied in only a few half-assed sentences. You haven't even expressed any gratitude to the person who wrote them.

If you can't contribute at someone's level of contribution to your post, then you should thank for for contributing what they did. That shows that you respect their time, and that you are glad they responded.

Anything otherwise is disrespect.

you are calling, tuks from sri asa di war ? half ***? have you lost your mind?

again i would say maybe my tuch budhi isnt at par with anyone here. so maybe i cannot understand this topic from you. i would see if i can get hold of any chardikala singh in my vacinity .

dhanwad

Edited by savinderpalsingh

again i would say maybe my tuch budhi isnt at par with anyone here. so maybe i cannot understand this topic from you. i would see if i can get hold of any chardikala singh in my vacinity .

dhanwad

When I come to India in November you can ask me face to face :D

dhanwad

Another half-assed response. I am calling your posts half-assed, not a tuk from gurbani. Get your head on straight mate. You ate too much cake.

The quote from asa di vaar shouldn't be taken out of context.

You have to delve in and look at what the primary adjective is that is being addressed.... and what makes something or someone jhuta or sucha ?

dont think its out of context

ਪਉੜੀ ॥

Pourree ||

पउड़ी ॥

Pauree:

21396 ਪੰ. ੧

ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਵਡਾ ਕਰਿ ਸਾਲਾਹੀਐ ਜਿਸੁ ਵਿਚਿ ਵਡੀਆ ਵਡਿਆਈਆ ॥

Sathigur Vaddaa Kar Saalaaheeai Jis Vich Vaddeeaa Vaddiaaeeaa ||

सतिगुरु वडा करि सालाहीऐ जिसु विचि वडीआ वडिआईआ ॥

Praise the Great True Guru; within Him is the greatest greatness.

21397 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੧
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਸਹਿ ਮੇਲੇ ਤਾ ਨਦਰੀ ਆਈਆ ॥

Sehi Maelae Thaa Nadharee Aaeeaa ||

सहि मेले ता नदरी आईआ ॥

When the Lord causes us to meet the Guru, then we come to see them.

21398 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੧
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਜਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਣਾ ਤਾ ਮਨਿ ਵਸਾਈਆ ॥

Jaa This Bhaanaa Thaa Man Vasaaeeaa ||

जा तिसु भाणा ता मनि वसाईआ ॥

When it pleases Him, they come to dwell in our minds.

21399 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੨
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਕਰਿ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਮਸਤਕਿ ਹਥੁ ਧਰਿ ਵਿਚਹੁ ਮਾਰਿ ਕਢੀਆ ਬੁਰਿਆਈਆ ॥

Kar Hukam Masathak Hathh Dhhar Vichahu Maar Kadteeaa Buriaaeeaa ||

करि हुकमु मसतकि हथु धरि विचहु मारि कढीआ बुरिआईआ ॥

By His Command, when He places His hand on our foreheads, wickedness departs from within.

21400 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੨
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਸਹਿ ਤੁਠੈ ਨਉ ਨਿਧਿ ਪਾਈਆ ॥੧੮॥

Sehi Thuthai No Nidhh Paaeeaa ||18||

सहि तुठै नउ निधि पाईआ ॥१८॥

When the Lord is thoroughly pleased, the nine treasures are obtained. ||18||

21401 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੩
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੧ ॥

Salok Ma 1 ||

सलोकु मः १ ॥

Shalok, First Mehl:

21402 ਪੰ. ੩

ਪਹਿਲਾ ਸੁਚਾ ਆਪਿ ਹੋਇ ਸੁਚੈ ਬੈਠਾ ਆਇ ॥

Pehilaa Suchaa Aap Hoe Suchai Baithaa Aae ||

पहिला सुचा आपि होइ सुचै बैठा आइ ॥

First, purifying himself, the Brahmin comes and sits in his purified enclosure.

21403 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੩
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਸੁਚੇ ਅਗੈ ਰਖਿਓਨੁ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਭਿਟਿਓ ਜਾਇ ॥

Suchae Agai Rakhioun Koe N Bhittiou Jaae ||

सुचे अगै रखिओनु कोइ न भिटिओ जाइ ॥

The pure foods, which no one else has touched, are placed before him.

21404 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੪
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਸੁਚਾ ਹੋਇ ਕੈ ਜੇਵਿਆ ਲਗਾ ਪੜਣਿ ਸਲੋਕੁ ॥

Suchaa Hoe Kai Jaeviaa Lagaa Parran Salok ||

सुचा होइ कै जेविआ लगा पड़णि सलोकु ॥

Being purified, he takes his food, and begins to read his sacred verses.

21405 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੪
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਕੁਹਥੀ ਜਾਈ ਸਟਿਆ ਕਿਸੁ ਏਹੁ ਲਗਾ ਦੋਖੁ ॥

Kuhathhee Jaaee Sattiaa Kis Eaehu Lagaa Dhokh ||

कुहथी जाई सटिआ किसु एहु लगा दोखु ॥

But it is then thrown into a filthy place - whose fault is this?

21406 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੫
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਅੰਨੁ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਪਾਣੀ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਬੈਸੰਤਰੁ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਲੂਣੁ ਪੰਜਵਾ ਪਾਇਆ ਘਿਰਤੁ ॥

Ann Dhaevathaa Paanee Dhaevathaa Baisanthar Dhaevathaa Loon Panjavaa Paaeiaa Ghirath ||

अंनु देवता पाणी देवता बैसंतरु देवता लूणु पंजवा पाइआ घिरतु ॥

The corn is sacred, the water is sacred; the fire and salt are sacred as well; when the fifth thing, the ghee, is added,

21407 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੫
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਤਾ ਹੋਆ ਪਾਕੁ ਪਵਿਤੁ ॥

Thaa Hoaa Paak Pavith ||

ता होआ पाकु पवितु ॥

Then the food becomes pure and sanctified.

21408 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੬
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਪਾਪੀ ਸਿਉ ਤਨੁ ਗਡਿਆ ਥੁਕਾ ਪਈਆ ਤਿਤੁ ॥

Paapee Sio Than Gaddiaa Thhukaa Peeaa Thith ||

पापी सिउ तनु गडिआ थुका पईआ तितु ॥

Coming into contact with the sinful human body, the food becomes so impure that is is spat upon.

21409 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੬
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਜਿਤੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਊਚਰਹਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਨਾਵੈ ਰਸ ਖਾਹਿ ॥

Jith Mukh Naam N Oocharehi Bin Naavai Ras Khaahi ||

जितु मुखि नामु न ऊचरहि बिनु नावै रस खाहि ॥

That mouth which does not chant the Naam, and without the Name eats tasty foods

21410 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੬
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

ਨਾਨਕ ਏਵੈ ਜਾਣੀਐ ਤਿਤੁ ਮੁਖਿ ਥੁਕਾ ਪਾਹਿ ॥੧॥

Naanak Eaevai Jaaneeai Thith Mukh Thhukaa Paahi ||1||

नानक एवै जाणीऐ तितु मुखि थुका पाहि ॥१॥

- O Nanak, know this: such a mouth is to be spat upon. ||1||

21411 ਆਸਾ ਕੀ ਵਾਰ: (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੭੩ ਪੰ. ੭
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev

now the second part talks jhoot is everywhere but how do we get rid of it? its by naam , so yes the following explains it and rather then washing it latter why not at first place make your own or only accept food from person with bad karma?
and since we are not sure of anyone , the least we can make sure is too have it from amritdhari or baani reciting person and kirpan bhet it before eating

Does Eating sarbloh bibek effect spirituality ?

any known spiritual person who has high state of conciousness without having sarbloh bibek diet?

Short answer: No

Long answer: Whilist sarbloh bibek or external bibek in general is quite recommended at intial stages where mind is quite vulnerable from outside influences but later on stages whole point of outer bibek or sarbloh bibek should point towards inner bibek which gurbani talks about many times at that point, since one is always engaging in inner bibek, outer or sarbloh bibek is transcedented automatically..this is for general amritdhari sikh..i understand nihang keeping this rehit all the way which is good but they do because of their life style upholding maryada-tradition not so much because it affects their spirituality somehow. Please see things in stages of one spiritual deveolpment -everything will make sense....There is a very sakhi in jivan kiranaie where bibek singh who was stuck in realm of outer bibek was advise by harkhowale sant to transcedent it as it turn out that iself start becoming hindrance in his spirituality.

Dear all,

so much we talk of impurities, but let us pause and think:

Before ponting anybody, am I myself free from impurities? Because, whatever we eat and drink, it turns out into "mal" "mootar" within us, and thus we are most the time a carrying bags of them. Then why to look and point outside when our own body is factory of waste, of impurities, on both levels, whether at the physical, or whether at the mental level.

You see, the world and creation is made in such a way, that one has to face different situations and circumstances, but the thing is, to keep in mind, I myself do not commit sins, by doing anything against Gurmat.

Someone once asked a mahapurukh, what is sin and what is virtue?

And the answer given to him in simple words was:

anything taking you away from Wahiguru is a sin, and anything taking you towards Wahiguru is virtue.

So naturally almost all of us know, it is only His Simran which takes us towards Him. And so why do we not eat and drink to the brim, His Naam Simran, which will not produce any waste of mal, mootar, or any other disease, but rather produce the pure Amrit within us, which will make us pure, paviter, and satisfy all our trishnas once and forever, which are the cause of our coming into this world, and make us fit to merge our souls in the Shabad Guru.

Brothers, let us eat His prasad of Nam Simran, then all our doubts and misconceptions shall flee away.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000

now the second part talks jhoot is everywhere but how do we get rid of it? its by naam , so yes the following explains it and rather then washing it latter why not at first place make your own or only accept food from person with bad karma?

and since we are not sure of anyone , the least we can make sure is too have it from amritdhari or baani reciting person and kirpan bhet it before eating

Savinderji... I know what you are saying and where you coming from.

I think that when we go in through the window of doing gurbani veechar for general or self explanations, then at first we should try and completely throw ego out of the window.

Should always approach in a neutral manner and try to decipher the message.

In the above, Guruji is making us question ''what is sucha and what is jhuta''

He says,, that sucha only becomes such if the 'tongue' itself has naam and has been uttering naam.

Eating your own veg and fruit is not making anything any more pure, because it still comes from the same organism containing water and greens.

All I am trying to point out is that the quoted shabad is not endorsing bibek rehat in any way. However, that is not to say that I am speaking against bibek rehat.

Bibek rehat, from how I understand it....has it's place in gurmat. We all know about food hygiene and external cleansiness and in the same way...bibek rehat is more about inner cleansiness-which I won't go too much into in this post.

The food's are not sacred in the sense that they can purify us or purify the tongue that has uttered filth..... But the tongue can be made more sacred by uttering shabad and thus making any foods consumed to be drenched in naam.

Edited by Lucky