Sign in to follow this  

~Happy Gurpurb Of Jagat Guru-Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji ~

Happy Avtar Purb of Satguru Nanak Dev Ji to all.During this auspicious occasion of Satguru Nanak Dev Avtar Purb (Divine incarnation of Lord himself)- Let us also ponder upon ~Absolute real essence meaning of - Nanak which is beyond birth and death, which is beyond 5 divine elements of avtar- shud satoguni Parbrahm..!!

source - Absolute meaning of 'Nanak' in japji sahib teeka by sant gyani gurbachan singh khalsa bhindranwale pdf page- 186

post-3-0-20723000-1415290311_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-75469300-1415290311_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-39369600-1415290312_thumb.jpg

Vaadiyan! To all Sikhs and the entire world. Shining light in an extremely troubled time.

ADDITION:

I did not have much time earlier to write about this auspicious day but I will now.

Men like Guru Nanak Dev ji are true Yug Purush's, if I may borrow a term from my own religion, men who by their mere presence in a particular age undoe the evil effects.

I'm told from my own granths that when the "shabad falls into disrepute" then the Supreme Lord takes birth to re-establish the law.

Guru Nanak was truly an incarnation of the Cosmic Energy that prevails in the universe and had all the qualities of a true Sat Guru.

In the presence of the satguru; Knowledge flourishes (Gyana raksha); Sorrow diminishes (Dukha kshaya); Joy wells up without any reason (Sukha aavirbhava); Abundance dawns (Samriddhi); All talents manifest (Sarva samvardhan).

And I think I spelled Vaadayan wrong!

Edited by Amandeep Hindustani

N30 bhaa Ji,

i have a reques, is it possible assign an exclusive corner or space, for Gurpurabs or special days posting only. otherwise, in a mash of discussions the Gurpurabs are usually lost?

Would someone kindly translate for us gumukhi illiterate folk,  what is written as the meanings behind 'Nanak'?

Here are translations, note its not exact word by word but i have tried very best to provide essence meaning, please forgive me if there any mistakes mere mortals can only try so much:

Nanak Padh daie Arth (Meaning of Nanak term)

1. Nanak is free from counting/numbers/types. Nanak is free from duality, that which is non dual is Nanak

Jot roop har aap Guru nanak kahaieo || 

Vahiguru Jot roop which is awakened light/knowledge is Guru nanak

2. Just like how everything in this world has two sides, two positions, two- duality but nanak(non duality) is opposite of ank (duality)

3. Anek term deonates dulta 0 always moving/changing not constant

Nanak is which is free from duality, is ek ras (constant/permenant), free from counting/numbers

4. Na (means purakh - complete supreme being) An (free) AK (means dukh- sorrow) - complete supreme being which is sat(eternal) chit (pure consciousness/knowledge) anand (bliss) which is free from sarrow/sadness/misery that saroop(formless form) is real/absolute complete truth form, that formless form satguru nanak manifsted itself to save bhagats (devotee).

5. Na (Non) that which is all prevading in all. Alaf (which is ek ras - constant), non ( that which provides absolute nihal-hapiness to all) kaf (kanaet) that which gives complete contenment/grace to all is nanak

This meaning came from bhai nand lal ji - Tosifo Sanah

6. N (purak- complete being) An + ak - free from sadness/suffering. That (Ak) which is free from sadness/suffering (An) paremshvar is nanak.

7. (Noun) that which gives good attributes, that Alaf (ala roop (noun) gives nauyemat/graceful/contenment is Nanak. 

Edited by N30 S!NGH

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2014 at 3:13 PM, mahanpaapi said:

N30 bhaa Ji,

i have a reques, is it possible assign an exclusive corner or space, for Gurpurabs or special days posting only. otherwise, in a mash of discussions the Gurpurabs are usually lost?

I think this is a good idea