Kameena Navjot Sidhu

I already explained using a lengthy example and with several posts. Other members chimed in with their understanding. You said you didn't understand any of us, so now it's your turn to explain what you don't understand and what you think of this situation.. in more than a few sentences.

The ball is now in your court brother.

Can I ask a favour to all of you members/guests of this web, can we be gentle and avoid unnecessary aggresivity?

You see, harshness and aggresivity leads to bitterness, and really there is no need for it . There is ample room for all.

We should not force our opinions on anybody. Only respect and humility should be in our dealings with our fellow brothers and sisters here.

So what, if others disagree with our opinion? They have full right. If somebody seems to be wrong, then leave it, it is his/her lookout.

The world outside is full of unjustice already, then too if we bring it here, then it is better to quit and go.

We come here to share our views, our hobbies, talks on sikhee, on Wahiguru, on Naam, on Simran, on the beautiful and sweet Bani, and many other topics.....

Well, this has been only a benti from my side, anyhow, all of you are mature, just act responsibly, without hurting anybody´s feelings, it is against sikhee.

Going back to the topic, I think what Sidhu is trying to tell the people around him, is that, whether hindu or sikh, when both in similar situations, both choose the higher power and put their trust in it. Just as Arjun, chose Krishna, inspite of him not having any weapons nor army, because Arjun knew, that Krishna was the incarnation of Lord Vishnu.

The same happens in the Bani, when the sikh tells Wahiguru: Ja Tu mere wal hae, ta kya muh-chaanda.

Which means, Sachay Patshah Wahiguru, when You are with me, what /where is the need for me to worry, I have submitted myself at Your Lotus Feet.

And as we all know, Wahiguru is the Highest and most powerful, once taken refuge at His Lotus Feet, who dares to trouble us?

To complete this beautifull Shabad, let us see the remaining lines, so that we fully grasp the meaning, and rejoice with the precious words of Guru Jee.

Here it goes:

Ja Tu Mere Wal Hai Ta Kya MuhChanda
When You are on my side, Almighty Waheguru, what do I need to worry about?

Tud Sab Kich Mainu Saunpeya Ja Tera Banda
I entrusted You everything , when I became Your slave.

Lakhmi Tot Na Aavai Khaye Kharach Rehnda
My wealth is inexhaustible, no matter how much I spend and consume.

Lakh Chauraasih Maedani Sabh Sev Karanda
All your creation is looking after me and serving me.

Ehe Wairi Mittar Sabh Kitia Neh Mangeh Manda
All my enemies have become my friends and no one wishes me ill.

Lekha Koi Na Puchhai Ja Har Bakhsanda
No one calls me to account, since the Almighty is my forgiver.

Anand Bhayea Sukh Paayea Mille Guru Govinda
I have become blissful, and I have found peace, meeting with the Guru, the Lord of the Universe.

Sabhe Kaaj Sawariye Ja Tud Bhavanda
All my affairs have been resolved, since You are pleased with me.

Waheguru Waheguru Waheguru.

Edited by harsharan000

I already explained using a lengthy example and with several posts. Other members chimed in with their understanding. You said you didn't understand any of us, so now it's your turn to explain what you don't understand and what you think of this situation.. in more than a few sentences.

The ball is now in your court brother.

I will try to put forward a few points, if that will help you understand better.

• Most prominent issue. Should anyone be quoting Gurbani for petty political gains. No!
  • Was the Gurbani context skewed when it was quoted. Yes. This could be a mischief caused by putting pressure on sidhu that we possibly do not understand.
  • Did is happen on some one-one discussion. No it happened at political rally.
  • Is if OK to draw a parallel between some mythical character and our Guru? No!
  • The mythical character is referring to 'Krishan'. He is not my or any Sikh's god and he is not 'Waheguru'.

Sidhu being a crowd entertainer, behaved in a rather stupid way. The only benefit of doubt could be given for his sheer stupidity.

I hope I have made myself clear.

Most prominent issue. Should anyone be quoting Gurbani for petty political gains. No!

Sidhu quotes Gurbani and spiritual stuff all the time. That's who he is. I often watch Comedy Nights with Kapil and I have come to know him mostly from that show. In the episodes where his cricketer friends come in you get to see who Sidhu was and how through bhagati he transformed into what he is now. He is a deeply religious man I tell you.

As for when Gurbani should be quoted -

Gurbani should be quoted when it is meant by the person quoting it, ie should be quoted with honesty.

Was the Gurbani context skewed when it was quoted. Yes.

Yes the context was appropriate. The members above have aptly shown the context was in fact correct and appropriate for the shabad being quoted. Have 0 doubts.

Did is happen on some one-one discussion. No it happened at political rally.

One who is the same on the inside (one-one discussion) and outside (political rally) is called honest. It's something I appreciate in people quite a bit.

Is if OK to draw a parallel between some mythical character and our Guru? No!

Yes it's completely ok. These characters convey spiritual truths to the reader. It's upto you whether you want to take the spiritual truth from it or not.

The mythical character is referring to 'Krishan'. He is not my or any Sikh's god and he is not 'Waheguru'.

Krishna is an avtar, a form of Waheguru. So when Pandav Putr Arjun says to Krishan, that when You are with me and I don't need anything else. It's the same spiritual message as Guru Arjun Dev ji's shabad.

It conveys that don't be like Duryodhan who goes after Waheguru's material army, be like Arjun who goes after Waheguru.

When Krishna says that I won't be wielding any weapons, I will simply join you, He is conveying His true nature, the nature of Waheguru. Waheguru is simply with us, unarmed. Those who are blind to it, they don't want Waheguru because He is unarmed. They want His powers, His forces and seek those out. They want success and wealth.

But those who are in love with Waheguru will seek out the unarmed Waheguru. Waheguru won't offer them anything but Himself and they are happy with that.

That is the spiritual message the story of Krishna, Arjun and Duryodhan conveys. And it's the same spiritual message that Guru Arjun is conveying in his shabad.

And that's the message Sidhu was trying to convey to the audience in that rally. At that moment there was no political rally, at that moment it was simply the naked spiritual truth.

Form is something that is definable. Something with attributes, dimensions etc.

'I' am just a 'maati ka paanda'.

So now you are talking about 'Waheguru fit into'?

Questioning my question is not your answer. I am asking is when you say 'a form of Waheguru', what form are you talking about? How may different form?

The reality is that only once you understand simple concepts will you be able to understand bigger ones.

Agreed. But we need to start somewhere. So you tell me how many 'forms of Waheguru' and we continue.

And I am not wasting my time explaining bigger ones when you can't even bat on the smaller ones.

Another excuse.