Namdhari

With all due respect ramgarhia if you are true Sikh of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji maybe you should follow what your Guru ji tells you to do and they did.

Night and day, meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and ignore the criticism of others. Pause
an-din simreh naam taj laaj lokaanee-aa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Wherever you go and sit, speak well, and write the Word of the Shabad in your consciousness.
jithai jaa-ay bahee-ai bhalaa kahee-ai surat sabad likhaa-ee-ai.

Do not speak ill of others, or get involved in arguments.
mandaa kisai na aakh jhagrhaa paavnaa.

As long as he discriminates between himself and others, he will distance himself from the Lord.
aan aapnaa karat beechaaraa ta-o la-o beech bikhaa-ee.

Guru Arjan Dev JI:

First, I gave up slandering others.
parathmay chhodee paraa-ee nindaa.

All the anxiety of my mind was dispelled.
utar ga-ee sabh man kee chindaa.

Greed and attachment were totally banished.
lobh moh sabh keeno door.
I see God ever-present, close at hand; I have become a great devotee.
param baisno parabh paykh hajoor.
Such a renunciate is very rare.
aiso ti-aagee virlaa ko-ay.
Such a humble servant chants the Name of the Lord, Har, Har.
har har naam japai jan so-ay. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Edited by Sat1176

I want to know do naamdhari respect sri guru grant sahib as there guru?

Why you raking up this crap?

We've got so many real issues to deal with in the panth; and you're focusing on this.....

With things like grooming going on under our noses - you want to rethink your priorities maybe?

Edited by dalsingh101

I want to know do naamdhari respect sri guru grant sahib as there guru?

They do respect Guru Granth Sahib, but not as Guru. Their Guru is the human Guru. However they have always been acknowledged as part of the Guru Khalsa Panth, although the dissent in the Panth over this is getting more louder.

They respect Guru Granth Sahib in that they read bani. But they don't do parkash or sukhasan daily.

Problem is, the mainstream Namdharis at present do not follow Baba Ram Singh. They follow his son Budh Singh, Nidhan Singh Alam, and Sant Inder Singh Chakarvarti who concocted a far-fetched story linking Balak Singh with tenth Guruji and calling Balak Singh the 11th Guru and Baba Ram Singh the 12th Guru. Baba Ram Singh never called or believed himself to be a Guru. His letters from exile are the first hand proof of this. One must read these letters in 'Kookian di Vithia' by Ganda Singh.

No religious movement hasn't had schismatic movements emerge from them. Sikhi is no different, it's had loads of them, from the times of the Gurus. Yeah, some kukay fundamentals seems bizarre, but still, I respect them for standing up to the British.

Baba Ram Singh never called or believed himself to be a Guru. His letters from exile are the first hand proof of this. One must read these letters in 'Kookian di Vithia' by Ganda Singh.

The term "Guru" had different connotations in those times. Nowadays the term "Sant" is more widespread, whereas in Baba Ram Singh's time, it was never used.

This term Guru I beleive led to alam and chakrbati creating this guru-ship to Ram Singh decades after Baba Ji's demise.