~ Nanak Shah Fakir-Review~

SAadmin

Thanks for your feedback lucky veer ji.

Yes i agree they should have mentioned importance of naam simran, nij ghar..actually they should have consulted sikh well known scholars such as gyani pinderpal singh ji, gyani kulwant singh ji, gyani sher singh ji ambala etc but i think its meant to beginners with some deep spiritual touch in it. Regarding kurukshetra scene, there are historical references for it. It was to rise human conditioning again from petty- trai gun issues into turiya which underpins illusory -sato, rajo, tamo lifestyle.

I thought arti-arta shabad scene was absolutely brilliant. They showed Satguru nanak dev ji uplifting collective dualistic human conditioning of that time of idol dualistic worship into non dual all pervading arti-shabad -vairaat/ nirgun (jot in all).

I feel that it had the 'missionary' agenda because it mentioned more on kirat karo, vand shako as Sat mentioned in his post.

This agenda was more apparent with the Kurukshetra story which was slightly wisted in the direction of missionary 'meat' agenda

There was no core message of nam jap or going within and finding the harimandar.

The fact that we know the actor was not sikh, didn't please me at all and neither me or my wife felt comfortable with it...I mean if they had used an actor who was full amritdhari sikh and roop of guru, then the odd few seconds of back of head glimpse or the slight side would have been acceptable.

Bhaji, on the one hand you bemoan the slight inaccuracy of the Kurekshetr sakhi, and on the other hand feel that there should have been an amritdhari playing the Sikh, but there were no Amritdharis as we know them in Guru Nanak's time.

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2015 at 12:15 PM, chatanga1 said:

Bhaji, on the one hand you bemoan the slight inaccuracy of the Kurekshetr sakhi, and on the other hand feel that there should have been an amritdhari playing the Sikh, but there were no Amritdharis as we know them in Guru Nanak's time.

I don't understand why people compare paintings to an actor, a human playing the Guru?

I agree, its not close comparable. However, I think Guru ji playing in animated form and human playing Guru can be compared on some levels for example-

Ultimately behind animation there is human who made the animation, its human expression/idea/thoughts/feeling projected on to the animation to the point its literally human separate I reality into expressive animation.

Now what is that make animation of Guru? Dependant on human or Independent (saihbhang- free from human influence or support).

*Saihbhang- That Ik Onkaar exists on its own, by its own. It is not caused by anything before it or beyond it.

So i find it laughable people protesting against nanak shah fakir but totally turn a blind eye on sri guru nanak dev ji in animated form. We should look into saroop of Satguru nanak dev ji is sargun and nirgun saroop, sargun saroop of nanak dev ji is anek hai (different expressions be it in elven saroop and artistic) but nirgun roop of nanak never changes- ek hai.

But my point is also on the basis that ONLY if the film makers felt absolutely compelled that they need a close back shot and slight side of face for some completely unknown strange reason, then they should have consulted and got the most suitable actor...which in my opinion would have been a full sikh....................You know, someone who actually had the sikhi within tha was established to the outside world via his roop.

Bhaji that's your opinion but I feel that is a moot point within the larger scheme of things. You know that Sikhs have a hard time agreeing on most matters, mundane or critical, and there would always be someone/group that disagreed with the film. An ideal way to have negotiated this would have been to let it run, and then look for feedback so the next film or even this one could be edited to be more acceptable.

Foaming at the mouth over something you haven't seen doesn't really display anything positive.

I haven't seen the movie but would have liked to have had the option to see and make up my own mind, rather than have 50 angry Panjabis tear into the cinema and have it taken off.

I don't understand why people compare paintings to an actor, a human playing the Guru?

Even though I do not have a formed opinion, or atleast not a strong one I see the above as a failed logic?

The point is that there is anger at representation of Guru Nanak, in this case by a human or cgi, but the representation of Guru's through paintings is accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats good to know. I was watching movie -badla made on sant bhindranwale, there is a scene of sant bhindranwale coming on to maharaj darbar, they showed huge parkash aura on sant bhindranwale in maharaj darbar where aura parkash on sri guru granth sahib was virtually missing in contrast with sant ji parkash in same scene ...its same new age taksalis have issue with nanak shah fakir. Bunch of hypocrites if you ask me !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...