~ Four Types Of Mangal ~

source: Japji sahib teeka by sant gyani gurbachan singh ji bhinrdranwale, pdf page - 895

~ Four types of mangal ~

Mangal are of four types in Gurbani/Kirtan:

1. Namakarak Mangal: Dhundhot Bhandan Anaek Bar

2. Vashtu Nirdasek Mangal: Sarab kala Samarth ||

3. Ashirvaad Mangal: Dholuan na rakhao Prabho

4. Atam Chitan Mangal : Nanak dae Kar Hath || (Ang- 256)

post-3-0-81974000-1430761537_thumb.png

This is interesting break down of mangals, may be pal veer ji can help us to explain further on those, what is the purpose of these break down categories? and also whats the atam chintan mangal, whilst name is self explanatory but how one suppose to contemplate it?

• 2 years later...
On 5/4/2015 at 6:10 PM, PAL 07 said:

1. Namakarak Mangal: Dhundhot Bhandan Anaek Bar

2. Vashtu Nirdasek Mangal: Sarab kala Samarth ||

3. Ashirvaad Mangal: Dholuan na rakhao Prabho

4. Atam Chitan Mangal : Nanak dae Kar Hath

1 = Surrender

2 = Devotion

3 = Ardas

4 = Grace

This is very interesting pal veer, mangals above can be seen as stages in gurmat.

8 hours ago, sarabatam said:

This is very interesting pal veer, mangals above can be seen as stages in gurmat.

Yes, there is some overlap with this and understanding Four Padaraths.  Pal 07, actually made a reference in the other chaar padarath thread.

On 5/4/2015 at 10:47 AM, Guest said:

This is interesting break down of mangals, may be pal veer ji can help us to explain further on those, what is the purpose of these break down categories? and also whats the atam chintan mangal, whilst name is self explanatory but how one suppose to contemplate it?

atam chintan mangal- 

Nanak de kar hath..

From,.....

ਡੰਡਉਤਿ ਬੰਦਨ ਅਨਿਕ ਬਾਰ ਸਰਬ ਕਲਾ ਸਮਰਥ ॥ 
Dand▫uṯ banḏan anik bār sarab kalā samrath. 
I bow down, and fall to the ground in humble adoration, countless times, to the All-powerful Lord, who possesses all powers. 

ਡੋਲਨ ਤੇ ਰਾਖਹੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨਾਨਕ ਦੇ ਕਰਿ ਹਥ ॥੧॥ 
Dolan ṯe rākẖo parabẖū Nānak ḏe kar hath. ||1|| 
Please protect me, and save me from wandering, God. Reach out and give Nanak Your Hand. ||1|| 

Nanak de kar hath is the same as "put your hand in my hand,  and let me show you the way". This is giving  your "hand" (hand is the working doer for ego).

Give your atam and chit straight in to HIS hands, and he will take you where you need be.   Similar to "Mann tan tera, thanh vi tera" (Mind and body is yours and so is all my wealth).

It's not a question of contemplating in how to do this, but it's everything about the "mindset" and your "intentions"  The "intentions" should not be for peace, joy, sukh shaanti etc..  But you just give yourself and baliharey mind and soul. Whether this ends up in your death(shahedi) or gains for dharam,  it doesn't matter. Because his "bhaana is mithah"