~ Happy Jeth ~ Updesh From Gurbani ~

source: email from freind- harry

Here is the gurbani commentary from jeth month

Ang -1108

ਮਾਹੁ ਜੇਠੁ ਭਲਾ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮੁ ਕਿਉ ਬਿਸਰੈ

माहु जेठु भला प्रीतमु किउ बिसरै

Māhu jeṯẖ bẖalā parīṯam ki▫o bisrai.

The month of Jayt'h is so sublime. How could I forget my Beloved?

Harry: the month of Jeyt is praiseworthy, how can the beloved (guru-consciousness) not be in forefront of one’s mind.

ਥਲ ਤਾਪਹਿ ਸਰ ਭਾਰ ਸਾ ਧਨ ਬਿਨਉ ਕਰੈ

थल तापहि सर भार सा धन बिनउ करै

Thal ṯāpėh sar bẖār sā ḏẖan bin▫o karai.

The earth burns like a furnace, and the soul-bride offers her prayer.

Harry: The earth is burning and the lake which provides coolness is weighted down….(Referring to the body, and the lake meaning the ‘amrit sarovar’ within is weighted…weighted due to the burden of the mind). The mind is the wife and she is asking for support (from her husband/guru-conciousness)

ਧਨ ਬਿਨਉ ਕਰੇਦੀ ਗੁਣ ਸਾਰੇਦੀ ਗੁਣ ਸਾਰੀ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਭਾਵਾ

धन बिनउ करेदी गुण सारेदी गुण सारी प्रभ भावा

Ḏẖan bin▫o kareḏī guṇ sāreḏī guṇ sārī parabẖ bẖāvā.

The bride offers her prayer, and sings His Glorious Praises; singing His Praises, she becomes pleasing to God.

Harry: The wife is making a supplication and singing all the praises of her beloved/husband (guru- consciousness) that she can muster to please it.

ਸਾਚੈ ਮਹਲਿ ਰਹੈ ਬੈਰਾਗੀ ਆਵਣ ਦੇਹਿ ਆਵਾ

साचै महलि रहै बैरागी आवण देहि आवा

Sācẖai mahal rahai bairāgī āvaṇ ḏėh ṯa āvā.

The Unattached Lord dwells in His true mansion. If He allows me, then I will come to Him.

Harry: The mind, after reflection, realizes it does not have any power to sway because the guru-conciousness is unaffected by everything (I believe the reference here is to nirgun/nirankar/ekankar). The true home is that ‘nij-ghar’ within where guru resides and it will bring the mind to it and absorb it at its will. (for the bhagat, it is the husband inviting the bride into the house to make her life).

ਨਿਮਾਣੀ ਨਿਤਾਣੀ ਹਰਿ ਬਿਨੁ ਕਿਉ ਪਾਵੈ ਸੁਖ ਮਹਲੀ

निमाणी निताणी हरि बिनु किउ पावै सुख महली

Nimāṇī niṯāṇī har bin ki▫o pāvai sukẖ mahlī.

The bride is dishonored and powerless; how will she find peace without her Lord?

Harry: The mind realizes reality, after it acknowledgesthe ‘nij-ghar’ (permananet home within) and admits it has no respect and no inherent power; so how can it attain a place in the palace of happiness (nij-ghar) within; WITHOUT being absorbed IN guru-conciousness/The beloved.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜੇਠਿ ਜਾਣੈ ਤਿਸੁ ਜੈਸੀ ਕਰਮਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਗੁਣ ਗਹਿਲੀ

नानक जेठि जाणै तिसु जैसी करमि मिलै गुण गहिली ॥७॥

Nānak jeṯẖ jāṇai ṯis jaisī karam milai guṇ gahilī. ||7||

O Nanak, in Jayt'h, she who knows her Lord becomes just like Him; grasping virtue, she meets with the Merciful Lord. ||7||

Harry: Nanak (the mind without duality) understands the month of Jeyt, just like the mind understands the virtuous blessing it receives that helps it become absorbed in guru-consciousness.