5 Pyare: selected by the Guru?

SikhKhoj

On 6/10/2015 at 9:47 PM, SikhKhoj said:

I have always had troubles with the currently popular theory that the Guru asked for five heads, there being a pin drop silence and no one willing to come till the Guru made subsequent calls with 5 Sikhs following hesitatingly.

There were many wars before the Pahul ceremony, I find it hard to believe that people from the Sangat were afraid at Gurus call to offer their heads. Some people have gone to the extent of saying: 'there are not many true Sikhs at any given time, look at 1699, only 5 Sikhs rose to give up their lives'. I have heard it from kathavachaks and people on forums. But why do we ignore that hundreds had given their lives prior to 1699 both in battles and in jails, both pre Guru Gobind Rai and during Guru Gobind Rais life?

Could it be that they were selected by the Guru?

Panth Parkash of Rattan Singh Bhangu, altough not authentic for every account, does say that the Guru selected 5 youth of 5 different castes.

Discuss.

I THink it could be pre-planned by Guru Sahib, Otherwise why wouldn't sikhs like Baba Deep Singh and Bhai Mani Singh stand up ?

28 minutes ago, Amit Singh. said:

I THink it could be pre-planned by Guru Sahib, Otherwise why wouldn't sikhs like Baba Deep Singh and Bhai Mani Singh stand up ?

Veer ji i have made a thread on this topic and here is the link with the full information.

But here is a quick summary 

Bhai Daya Singh Is a avtar of Ram Chander's son Luv

Bhai Dharam Singh is a Bhagat from Delhi (couldn't understand it)

Bhai Himmat Singh is from jagannath puri satyug (couldn't understand it)

Bhai Mohkam Singh is dwarka (couldn't understand it)

Bhai Sahib Singh  is sain bhagat de avatar

Bhai Mokham Singh Ji was the avtar of Bhagat Namdev Ji I think that's what Sant Ji said, Bhai Dharam Singh Ji was Bhagat Dhanna Ji 's avtar and Bhai Himmat Singh Ji (i had trouble understanding it totally too)

On 12/11/2018 at 12:53 PM, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji i have made a thread on this topic and here is the link with the full information.

But here is a quick summary 

Bhai Daya Singh Is a avtar of Ram Chander's son Luv

Bhai Dharam Singh is a Bhagat from Delhi (couldn't understand it)

Bhai Himmat Singh is from jagannath puri satyug (couldn't understand it)

Bhai Mohkam Singh is dwarka (couldn't understand it)

Bhai Sahib Singh  is sain bhagat de avatar

Bhai Mokham Singh Ji was the avtar of Bhagat Namdev Ji I think that's what Sant Ji said, Bhai Dharam Singh Ji was Bhagat Dhanna Ji 's avtar and Bhai Himmat Singh Ji (i had trouble understanding it totally too)

Im not convinced by that guy's katha cuz sikhs dont have any concept of reincarnation 

35 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji first of all mind your language please cos that is Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawale not a "guy" as you wrote.

About reincarnation it is present as its written in Sri Sukhmani Sahib and other banis in Guru Granth Granth Sahib Ji as Bhagat Trilochan Ji wrote on at it as well.

It seems your a missionary so do leave this site or think before you post thanks.

Veerji can you quote a verse please ? About reincarnation from SGGS ?

On 12/14/2018 at 12:54 AM, Amit Singh. said:

Im not convinced by that guy's katha cuz sikhs dont have any concept of reincarnation 

Hi Amitpal Singh aka Logical Sikh.So you decided to bless both Sikhsangat&Sikhawareness with your superior intellect and knowledge at the same time.

How's things at SPN?Does 'Harry Haller' still wants single Sikh girls to sleep around as much as they want with as many men as they wish?

What about all the other 'scientists' over there?All good?Karminder Singh Dhillon Phd(Boston) 2pm Amritvela working well for you?

On 12/14/2018 at 1:31 AM, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji first of all mind your language please cos that is Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Bhindrawale not a "guy" as you wrote.

About reincarnation it is present as its written in Sri Sukhmani Sahib and other banis in Guru Granth Granth Sahib Ji as Bhagat Trilochan Ji wrote on at it as well.

It seems your a missionary so do leave this site or think before you post thanks.

No point wasting your time with these 'scientists' veerji.These scientists just want to argue and not practice Sikhi.Looks like another young'un from SPN has escaped the asylum and is on a mission to "enlighten"us.

On 12/14/2018 at 12:54 AM, Amit Singh. said:

Again,look at their arrogance.As if Sant Ji is interested in convincing them.Those who get the message,they practice.Those who want to argue can go fly kites.

18 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

I don't know bro. I love science and I think tech can actually help connect to the dharam (like with this forum). 

I guess these things are just like shasters in that they can be used for good or evil depending on the user? 

Veer ji you are right about technolgy being like a shastar particulary in my view as a khanda which can be used both for good and bad.

Its technology like you mentioned veer ji like this forum and for me tech helped me a lot a great deal with online apps like sundar gutka as it really helped me learn gurbani paaths and it gives me more access now then ever before to newer and rare dasam banis like ugardanti, chandi banis,brahm kavach,shastar naam mala etc something which i had when i was growing up as a teenager.

On the other hands its just with new medicial discoveries and operations that mankind believes more in science medicince than God Gurbani. As its just created a division of faith then the shelter of Gurbani.

On 12/18/2018 at 11:09 AM, dalsingh101 said:

I don't know bro. I love science and I think tech can actually help connect to the dharam (like with this forum). 

I guess these things are just like shasters in that they can be used for good or evil depending on the user? 

It's not exactly about technology, although that comes with its own pros and cons, it's more about how some people are unwilling to believe in what the guru says without "evidence". I believe people have adopted the western mentality and aren't trying to understand our eastern philosophy, which is rather spiritual in nature. Some people seem to be trying to use their five senses to try and understand something that is subtle and not material, hence not perceived by the senses. The so called professors such as ghaga and dhunda along with dhadri and co. are further increasing the problem in our panth, people seem to be drifting off from the path of dharam and moksh on to the path of kaam.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't hate science, I just don't think it should define our faith in the guru. 

• 3 years later...
On 6/14/2015 at 3:28 PM, dalsingh101 said:

some apnay may have succumbed to the temptation to twist things slightly (on one hand; like some Singh Sabhians did), to straight making supporting 'evidence' up (on the other extreme). It's an ugly truth. 

Any evidence that this happened for sure?

Any examples which you know?

Bhul chuk maaf

On 6/11/2015 at 12:04 PM, amardeep said:

The first reference to the story of panj pyare and the call for heads is in Kuer Singh's Gurbilas Patshahi 10 from 1751. If I remember correctly it is also mentioned in the Bansavalinama. I can't remember how the storyline goes in the Mahima Prakash nor the Sau Sakhi.

The sakhi is again repeated in Suraj Prakash Granth of 1843

@dalsingh101

None of the above sources mention Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) beheading the Sikhs right? 

Sri Sooraj Prakash mentioned beheading of goats right?

Bhul chuk maaf

11 hours ago, paapiman said:

Any evidence that this happened for sure?

Any examples which you know?

Bhul chuk maaf

https://www.scribd.com/document/50691250/Bhai-Vir-Singh-s-editing-of-Panth-Prakash-by-Dr-Harinder-Singh-Chopra-Dr-Surjit-Hans

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

@dalsingh101

None of the above sources mention Sri Satguru jee (Tenth Master) beheading the Sikhs right? 

Sri Sooraj Prakash mentioned beheading of goats right?

Bhul chuk maaf

Can't remember. 

5 hours ago, paapiman said:

Can you please post the screen shots over here whenever you get time?

Bhul chuk maaf

Screen shots of what?

11 hours ago, paapiman said:

Does any old source even mention beheading of Sikhs? Do you at least remember that?

Bhul chuk maaf

Mate, at this stage of life, having read so many differing accounts, and more importantly, fully grasping just how childlike some apnay's thinking can be i.e. all the crap about literally interpreting Zafarnama about a 'million' moghul soldiers being sent against dasmesh pita and a small band of Singhs, and some overzealous bewakoofs accusing anyone not believing this as being a naastik.  

I think I've formed my opinion, and don't waste time trying to store information unnecessarily, especially as I have other stuff I have to memorise for work related purposes. Why don't you read the accounts and post them? You're language skills are probably better than anyone else's here?  

I know Panth Prakash (Bhangu) seems to state that Guru ji actually selected a cross section of Sikhs from across castes, but that is a much later account.