Sikh Astrologer

paapiman

Guest Taksali_Singh_King

Srimaan 108 Sant Baba Gyani Gurbachan Singh Bhrindranwale Ji Maharaj predicted who Panj Pyare were.

Bhai Daya Singh Ji - Luv (Son of Sri Bhagwan Ram Maharaj)
Bhai Dharam Singh Ji - Bhagat Dhanna Ji
Bhai Himmat Singh Ji - Phandak (The hunter Biyaad who captured Chattarbhuj Panchhi Bhagwan)
Bhai Mohkam Singh Ji - Bhagat Namdev Ji
Bhai Sahib Singh Ji - Bhagat Sain Ji

Srimaan 108 Sant Baba Gyani Kartar Singh Bhindranwale Ji Maharaj predicted who chaar Sahibzade were in previous life

Brahma, Shiva, Vishnu, Mahesh

Dasam Pita knew that they were Dusht Daman and who all other Guru Sahibaan were in previous life

Damdami Taksal Chowk Mehta always approve of science of astrology and there is nothing wrong with it

Sant Baba Gyani Gurbachan Singh Damdami Taksal met Punj Pyare living in a cave after predicting their previous lives.

And it is the same cave in which Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale are living in Chardi Kallah today near Sri Kiratpur Sahib

Paapi, I hope the astrologer says you're in sadesati and theres no way around it. Dafa ho.

Lol someone's getting annoyed, posting even after having made the last comment.  "This is my last post on this thread. "

Just pulling your leg. Feel free to discuss as much as you want.

Onto your translation -

Because Paapiman and Bhagat seem to be in denial here is the whole shabad:

ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੧ ॥
ਸਾਹਾ ਗਣਹਿ ਨ ਕਰਹਿ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ ਸਾਹੇ ਊਪਰਿ ਏਕੰਕਾਰੁ ॥ ਜਿਸੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਸੋਈ ਬਿਧਿ ਜਾਣੈ ॥ ਗੁਰਮਤਿ ਹੋਇ ਤ ਹੁਕਮੁ ਪਛਾਣੈ ॥੧॥ 
ਝੂਠੁ ਨ ਬੋਲਿ ਪਾਡੇ ਸਚੁ ਕਹੀਐ ॥ ਹਉਮੈ ਜਾਇ ਸਬਦਿ ਘਰੁ ਲਹੀਐ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
ਗਣਿ ਗਣਿ ਜੋਤਕੁ ਕਾਂਡੀ ਕੀਨੀ ॥ ਪੜੈ ਸੁਣਾਵੈ ਤਤੁ ਨ ਚੀਨੀ ॥ ਸਭਸੈ ਊਪਰਿ ਗੁਰ ਸਬਦੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੁ ॥ ਹੋਰ ਕਥਨੀ ਬਦਉ ਨ ਸਗਲੀ ਛਾਰੁ ॥੨॥
ਨਾਵਹਿ ਧੋਵਹਿ ਪੂਜਹਿ ਸੈਲਾ ॥ ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਤੇ ਮੈਲੋ ਮੈਲਾ ॥ ਗਰਬੁ ਨਿਵਾਰਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਸਾਰਥਿ ॥ ਮੁਕਤਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਨ ਜਪਿ ਹਰਿ ਕਿਰਤਾਰਥਿ ॥੩॥
ਵਾਚੈ ਵਾਦੁ ਨ ਬੇਦੁ ਬੀਚਾਰੈ ॥ ਆਪਿ ਡੁਬੈ ਕਿਉ ਪਿਤਰਾ ਤਾਰੈ ॥ ਘਟਿ ਘਟਿ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਚੀਨੈ ਜਨੁ ਕੋਇ ॥ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਮਿਲੈ ਤ ਸੋਝੀ ਹੋਇ ॥੪॥ 
ਗਣਤ ਗਣੀਐ ਸਹਸਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਜੀਐ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸਰਣਿ ਪਵੈ ਸੁਖੁ ਥੀਐ ॥ ਕਰਿ ਅਪਰਾਧ ਸਰਣਿ ਹਮ ਆਇਆ ॥ ਗੁਰ ਹਰਿ ਭੇਟੇ ਪੁਰਬਿ ਕਮਾਇਆ ॥੫॥

The so called 'calculations' (gannt) is to make a birth chart, not the normal everyday maths. 

1. Calculating auspicious days is part of Astrology but not the whole thing.
I am just saying that as a matter of fact. However this fact is not relevant to the shabad because the shabad isn't even saying "don't believe in auspicious days". The shabad is saying something else entirely. The point is being missed!

2. You ought to read the full shabad. It goes all the way down to the bottom of that page and onto the next page.
You are saying the Guru Sahib says "Astrology is futile" When Guru Sahib is actually talking about ridding oneself of Haumai and meeting and knowing God, saying something like "Hey Astrologer, you should find God"
This is stated right in the line you quoted -
ਹਉਮੈ ਜਾਇ ਸਬਦਿ ਘਰੁ ਲਹੀਐ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

And stated multiple times as the shabad goes on.

What follows below is from the same shabad you are quoting from.

ਨਾਵਹਿ ਧੋਵਹਿ ਪੂਜਹਿ ਸੈਲਾ ॥
ਬਿਨੁ ਹਰਿ ਰਾਤੇ ਮੈਲੋ ਮੈਲਾ ॥
You wash and worship, however without Hari/God, you remain dirty.

later on in the shabad, he says -
 ਗੁਰ ਸਰਣਿ ਨ ਆਈਐ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਈਐ ॥
ਭਰਮਿ ਭੁਲਾਈਐ ਜਨਮਿ ਮਰਿ ਆਈਐ ॥
If you do not come into the company of a Guru and you won't recognize Brahmn.
And if you don't recognize Brahmn, you will wander and forget and come and go in reincarnation.

Later on he says that
 ਇਕਿ ਪਾਧੇ ਪੰਡਿਤ ਮਿਸਰ ਕਹਾਵਹਿ ॥
ਦੁਬਿਧਾ ਰਾਤੇ ਮਹਲੁ ਨ ਪਾਵਹਿ ॥
Those pandits who call themselves the "knowers of Brahmn" but who are deluded by Duality do not find His mansion.

So now we know what Guru Sahib means by ਝੂਠੁ ਨ ਬੋਲਿ ਪਾਡੇ ਸਚੁ ਕਹੀਐ ॥. Guru Sahib means that "those who speak in Haumai are speaking lies."
ਝੂਠੁ ਨ ਬੋਲਿ
ਪਾਡੇ ਸਚੁ ਕਹੀਐ ॥ ਹਉਮੈ ਜਾਇ ਸਬਦਿ ਘਰੁ ਲਹੀਐ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

ਏਕੁ ਬੁਰਾ ਭਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਏਕੈ ॥
ਬੂਝੁ ਗਿਆਨੀ ਸਤਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਟੇਕੈ ॥
(Those who meet a guru,) recognize auspicious and inauspicious days as the truth unfolding. That unfolding of truth on which Gyanis and Gurus rest upon.

That last bit means that  - when you remember God, you will no longer suffer from
ਗਣਤ ਗਣੀਐ ਸਹਸਾ ਦੁਖੁ ਜੀਐ. Your state of peace will no longer be effected if the day is auspicious or inauspicious.

So if you interpret this shabad to mean that Guru Sahibs are against astrology teh nyou are not only translating it wrong but missing the point of the shabad entirely.

Guru Sahib says it's more important to worship God, to get rid of your haumai and to merge with him. That way if you find that certain days are auspicious or inaucpicious, you will remain at peace on the inside.

Guru Sahibs are talking about spirituality and trying to get people to meet Hari!

Edited by BhagatSingh

I believe there is big difference between deb dristi - pure perceptive direct knowledge of future events without looking into any reference hand lakhir palm lines and methodical palm reading astrology.. Deb dristi is direct knowledge of future and past through awakened consciousness and astrology is methodical framework study of five element body readings. It's imperative we don't confuse the two. 

I believe there is big difference between deb dristi - pure perceptive direct knowledge of future events without looking into any reference hand lakhir palm lines and methodical palm reading astrology.. Deb dristi is direct knowledge of future and past through awakened consciousness and astrology is methodical framework study of five element body readings. It's imperative we don't confuse the two. 

N3O let's be honest. None of us has studied Astrology and none of us have Div Drishti to see into the future.

If we pretend to know anything about those two then we are bound to suffer from confusion.

Ps what is Deb? Debora? :)

Edited by BhagatSingh

Good point bro. A Brahamgyani can also look at a person and perform a medical diagnosis on him/her, using his drishtee, without assistance of modern medical equipment.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro, doesn't "ਵ" and "ਬ" have different pronunciations?

Bhul chuk maaf

They do but in certain dialects, sometimes ਬ is pronounced like a ਵ. So the authors who write ਦਿਬ are most likely pronouncing it as ਦਿਵ

Same with ਕਬਿ - it's pronounced as ਕਵਿ.

I'll make a new thread on that. Don't worry about it here.

Edited by BhagatSingh

Bro, astrology is a science, just like other sciences (Physics, Chemistry, etc).

It was invented by a great saint, Rikhi Bhrigu jee Maharaaj.

Bhul chuk maaf

If Astrology was a real science  then Why so many Hindu kings battles against muslim invaders. Why Scientific britishers took over India and all Astrologers , saints  were unable to predict anything to kings who used to hire best of them. It is not real science.

The big question is can you change the future with Deb drishti? How many sants were able to predict events 1947 partitions and warned sikhs? How many predicted bluestar? How many 1984 riots ? Hardly any one was able to predict or save innocent lives.

I think the people that have these  things may can see the events but none of them have power to change it. It happened with my father . He had a collegue  who used to tell him that his forefathers were great meditators and sometimes use to lift from the ground and he too have some spiritual knowledge. One day he just slightly meditated and and try to see my Dad's future and then he just said if I tell you, you will cry , That's it , His prediction became partially true as 2 year later my father suffered an accident and suffered badly

There is a granth from the Anandpur darbar that deals with astrology and palmistry. Its called the Samundrik Granth Bhakha

"This tradition assumes that every natural or acquired bodily mark encodes its owner's psychology and destiny. Elevation, depression, elongation, diminution, and other marks become relevant. There are five main types of human elements in terms of the Samudrika: Agni, Vayu, Jal, Akash and Prithvi. Traditional stories in India thus abound with descriptions of rare auspicious markings found on the bodies of memorable people. Legends about the Rama and Krishna Avatars, Gautama the Buddha, and Mahavira the Tirthankara conform to this tradition"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samudrika_Shastra

Edited by amardeep