Sikh Astrologer

paapiman

These are few local  events. on a mass scale none of them were able to save lives O/W why Sikh Kaum was so badly hit

According to your line of thinking, one can even question Srimaan Shaheed Baba Deep Singh jee Maharaaj. How come, he did not warn Sikhs about Chotta Ghalughara (lesser holocaust), where thousands of Sikhs attained martyrdom? He was a Brahamgyani and could have saved many lives. Please answer, why he did not?

Bhul chuk maaf

According to your line of thinking, one can even question Srimaan Shaheed Baba Deep Singh jee Maharaaj. How come, he did not warn Sikhs about Chotta Ghalughara (lesser holocaust), where thousands of Sikhs attained martyrdom? He was a Brahamgyani and could have saved many lives. Please answer, why he did not?

Bhul chuk maaf

This is my point , Brahamgyani whether they know the future or not cannot change it or tell it to people I think this is divine law . For worldly matters you have take help of worldly things and not of Brahamgyani's or Astrology

This is my point , Brahamgyani whether they know the future or not cannot change it or tell it to people I think this is divine law . For worldly matters you have take help of worldly things and not of Brahamgyani's or Astrology

Bro, don't confuse Astrology (a field of study) with Brahamgyan. A person does not need to be highly spiritual to study Astrology (same applies to studying Physics, Chemistry, etc).

Gurbani teaches us that whatever happens to us, is already written in our destiny. Astrology is the means to access that information. Having said that, one can change his destiny by doing plenty of naam simran.

When a person reaches Brahamgyan, then he can access any field of study.

Sakhi

Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Gurbachan Singh jee Khalsa Bhindranwale started seeing Sanskrit letters, while meditating. Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Sundar Singh jee Khalsa Bhindranwale explained that knowledge is being emitted from within your mind. This was the reason, he was seeing Sanskrit letters.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Lol!!

I"ve not read the entire posts in this thread.But paapimann veerji ,In the way u prove certain things just make me laugh.hahaa.Surely even Maharaj will accept ur naive nature.I like it!!

Well I think yes we shouldnt think to perdict our future.But it doesnt mean that astrology is wrong.Like a member said point is that astrologer must be right one.Like a wrong one can misguide you.

So my advice is that there are some softwares which provide free online predictions.You can just enjoy ur reading.But it's only gonna make u laugh.

Hope it saves ur money,time and any kind of misguidline.

Gur fateh!!

P.S: but seeing ur future or visiting an astrologer must not be a part of gurmukh's life.

P.S: but seeing ur future or visiting an astrologer must not be a part of gurmukh's life.

Sister, there is no restriction in Gurmat, regarding visiting an astrologer. Many Gurmukhs might not recommend Astrology, as it creates anxiety in human mind. One has to be really strong mentally, to be able to listen to his future, especially if bad events are going to occur. Gurbani focuses on the present moment.

N30SINGH saab explained it very well, in this topic.

It's generally not advisable to get into knowing the future let the mystery be mystery let it unfold be-de-attached from unfolding mystery-... while you may think knowing future can help dilemma of today, reverse is also quite true as well- knowning future can also open can of worms as well which can cause hindrance to your present moment- power of now- moments of all moments- present moment..so bit of caution is needed.

Unquote 

Bhul chuk maaf

Correct statement would be Sikhs do NOT pursue astrology for the selfish means. A real Sikh should be like "Bhana mitha mane (Whatever God wills is good and accepts it)". But keep in mind that all medicines (including homeopathic, accupressure, marma, allopathy, any other energtic medicines) are also going against HIS will (or say trying to fight against your own previous karma). Also, if someone is offering you the medicine, then by refusing the medicine you're also going against HIS will. It's not black and white, it is highly complex.

Great point bro.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 2 weeks later...

Are you miing up astronomy with astrology?  astronomy is science whereas astrology has been studied by science and has never been able to be proven as valid at all. Peopl read horoscopes for 'entertainment' and any that I read about my sign, were completely inaccurate, if I had ever based any major decisions on them I would have been in trouble!

Astronomy is the study of the cosmos... in a scientific sense.  I think you are speaking of the occult practice of reading the zodiac signs, which is not accurate at all.  In my opinion it's FAR better to ask your questions to Guru Ji and take hukamnama to get your answer.

• 3 months later...
On 11/27/2015, 8:03:22, paapiman said:

Significance of Palmistry (which is linked to Astrology):

palmistry.thumb.JPG.6d6c861ca8d2aea3b263

Reference: Life Stories of Great Sikh Saints by Dr.Hakam Singh

Bhul chuk maaf

The above should prove that an expert Astrologer has a very good chance to spot a Brahamgyani.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

• 1 month later...
On August 13, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Satkirin_Kaur said:

astrology has been studied by science and has never been able to be proven as valid at all. 

Astrology is not what you see in horoscope section or Internet, way deeper than that. There are astrology schools where people get their degree in astrology. Before I got serious into sikhi I was in so much stuff which does not line up with Gurmat in terms of esoteric knowledge. Don't worry, I was not into black type of stuff just Egyptian stuff lol. Astrology obsession was one of them, I had my "science" books in my book bag and my astrology books along with them. They were hidden because I did not want anyone to laugh at me. 

I spent about 7 or so months on intense astrology learning and I was barely able to scratch the surface and gave up since my mind was ready to explode. I feel bad for people whether western or non western who spend so much time to learn and people like James randi come up with their debunk show and find the weakest link and prove that science doesn't not prove it. Many westerns go to India to learn and they spend years and years to master it. Hinduism is an oldest religion and they very well know their science and universe, if not all. Hitler gained knowledge about weapons reading Hindu scripture if I am not mistaking it. I would not judge people who have the ability to see beyond these 5 senses. Sure there are bunch of fake ones, but genuine ones are being insulted too.

i had a friend she was psychic and my pahbi ji(SIL) was dying to have a baby. Her pain and yearning for a kid was eating me up and that was the first time I consulted a psychic who was also a friend of mine. Never trusted her but still wanted to give it a try. She predicted exact month and year for her to conceive. She gave two weeks window frame and my pahbi ji was pregnant in that window frame. How did she do it I don't know?. We had no faith in her prediction, still it came true . But I am glad!.

Science is not something which is very trustworthy anymore, one scientist prove something and next will disprove it and create another fact or theory. Experience is something which we can trust these days. Lol

sorry said anything wrong, astrology and yoga has been very misunderstood in west.

Sikhs don't care, if Science hasn't been able to prove Astrology right or not. For us, our source is Gurbani and there is no explicit verse in it, which rejects Astrology as a field of study.

Science is evolving everyday. Therefore, using science to prove every aspect of religion, is pretty imprudent.

Bhul chuk maaf

When I went to India, one of my relatives showed me his janam patri, a thick book he got made from an astrologer.

He was an intelligent guy, and he told me that the writings in the book are possible life events. The book was broken down into multiple sections, where each sections was a time period of his life. The astrologer wrote about possibilities during each period in his life. Those writings formed a guideline for how to live best during that period.

He clarified that these were things that could happen. That he should watch out and learn to avoid the pitfalls and take up the opportunities.

For example, for one of the sections, it said something like, "During this time period you might face people who will get on your nerves, so you must bring awareness into your interactions and avoid conflicts. Also drive slowly and carefully to not get into accidents." I am giving a very brief summary here, it was much more detailed in the book.

I found this to be a useful tool in dealing with daily life. Reminders on small things that we might overlook. Reminders about our certain areas of our ahankar getting the best of us and how to keep it in check if it bloats up.

E.g. if you are the type of person who is easily irritated, you might need to read "people will get on your nerves, be careful" every single day, and work towards minimizing your irritation.

I read it and thought this was a good tool for developing self-awareness.

Afterall, Jyotish/Jyotik means one who gives knowledge of the self (jyoti)

True...good tool for self awareness, but very rare to find any good astrologer. If I ever go to India, I will find the one sitting under the tree who looks so old and non materialistic and he can create my Chart lol. Back in mom dad days, many pundit or jyotish would come to pind and they would spend so many hours to create a chart and they would not even ask for a lot of money. One jyotish made a dad's Astro chart, it's so complicated with all that stuff but he was so right with dad's life and upcoming things. Puratan time astrology was considered a sewa and there was so no charge for that. But now it's a profession. 

There is also the fact that we can influence what happens around us and cause an effect to future.  A movie was made based on a book about this called the Secret. The secret is that those who always think positive somehow manifest what they want in a real way in their life. Similarly those who are pessimistic tend to attract negative things... Causing the very things they don't want to happen.  

So can we say from one perspective all is written was written and will ever be written like a closed book sitting on a bookshelf. For this perspective Waheguru knows the whole story. However have you seen those 'choose your own adventure' books where it lets you choose which path to arrive at the story end? You know the ones that say to make this choice turn to page whatever and to make that choice turn for this page. Our life is like that. So while the big picture is already determined, we can affect which way we get there, we can write our own story in the smaller sense.. Meaning astrology / fortune telling etc might not be accurate depending on what path we take in the smaller picture.  I hope this makes sense? 

For this reason I would never put faith in these things. All my faith is in Waheguru Ji. 

7 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

There is also the fact that we can influence what happens around us and cause an effect to future.  A movie was made based on a book about this called the Secret. The secret is that those who always think positive somehow manifest what they want in a real way in their life. Similarly those who are pessimistic tend to attract negative things... Causing the very things they don't want to happen.  

So can we say from one perspective all is written was written and will ever be written like a closed book sitting on a bookshelf. For this perspective Waheguru knows the whole story. However have you seen those 'choose your own adventure' books where it lets you choose which path to arrive at the story end? You know the ones that say to make this choice turn to page whatever and to make that choice turn for this page. Our life is like that. So while the big picture is already determined, we can affect which way we get there, we can write our own story in the smaller sense.. Meaning astrology / fortune telling etc might not be accurate depending on what path we take in the smaller picture.  I hope this makes sense? 

For this reason I would never put faith in these things. All my faith is in Waheguru Ji. 

For me its opposite in life , whenever I am carefree or positive something negative happen. When I constantly think negative or being skeptic then those things don't happen

19 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

When I went to India, one of my relatives showed me his janam patri, a thick book he got made from an astrologer.

He was an intelligent guy, and he told me that the writings in the book are possible life events. The book was broken down into multiple sections, where each sections was a time period of his life. The astrologer wrote about possibilities during each period in his life. Those writings formed a guideline for how to live best during that period.

He clarified that these were things that could happen. That he should watch out and learn to avoid the pitfalls and take up the opportunities.

For example, for one of the sections, it said something like, "During this time period you might face people who will get on your nerves, so you must bring awareness into your interactions and avoid conflicts. Also drive slowly and carefully to not get into accidents." I am giving a very brief summary here, it was much more detailed in the book.

I found this to be a useful tool in dealing with daily life. Reminders on small things that we might overlook. Reminders about our certain areas of our ahankar getting the best of us and how to keep it in check if it bloats up.

E.g. if you are the type of person who is easily irritated, you might need to read "people will get on your nerves, be careful" every single day, and work towards minimizing your irritation.

I read it and thought this was a good tool for developing self-awareness.

Afterall, Jyotish/Jyotik means one who gives knowledge of the self (jyoti)

Paaji, do you know of any good astrologer in GTA?

Bhul chuk maaf

Agree,,It's true that optimistic people attract or manifest good things. But many and I mean many people are in environment or circumstances where they can't "fake it until, they make it". I tried it too, for while I was reading about manifestation, raising vibration, I was manifesting lol. I was ordering all sort of things to raise my vibration whether it was crystal technology stuff or Nikola tesla'a plate, or reich orginite or orgone, meditation, reiki, and what not . These all are scientist, not some new age gurus. I thought if I will follow the people who knows energy and matter I won't fail. Even all of this failed me because my belief about them working failed. So I came to a conclusion that everything depend on our belief. And it does. Placebo effect is an amazing thing. If today I can change my belief pattern into that I can attract anything I am sure I can. Biology of belief by Lipton is a good scientific read. 

I agree that vaheguroos pen is ever flowing, but how do I not know it's not pre destined? 

There is a saakhi, two men were totally opposite to each other. One was into bad company and other was into good deeds and naam simran. One day he made the bad person to come with him to guru ji and on their way. Good person got hurt by a nail and bad one found a hold coin.

Both came and asked guru ji and guru ji said , good guy was supposed to get his leg cut but cuz of his good deeds he only got hurt. Bad one was gonna get a pot of gold but his bad deed turned them into ashes and he only got one . 

So my question is, did they really change their life or the whole thing was already destined? :( if they changed it, how did one person got into habit if doing good deeds. For me it's vaheguroo ji's kirpa. 

About going to psychic and astrologers, most of the time it will harm you rather than being a good thing. Unless you go to someone who knows his stuff well. If they said something bad, whether it's meant to happen or not, with LOA we can attract it lol . But maybe it might be part of khel. Only vaheguroo knows. I won't go back into stuff like this, now I will only stick to gurbani. Should have gotten into my roots earlier. Btw satkirin ji, I have respect for you since you have been studying sikhi since 18 years and did not even come through 3ho.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, paapiman said:

Good find!

11 hours ago, Ragmaala said:

Do you guys know about Garud Puran ?  Apparently it doesn't apply to Sikhs.

must listen recording above.

Bro, Garuda Puran is a conversation between Sri Vishnu jee and Garuda jee (King of Birds). It describes the various punishments people receive in hell, for the sins they commit here.

There used to be a Pandit jee, during the times of Sri Satguru jee (Sixth Master), who used to do Katha of Garuda Puran in Sangat.

Please have a look below:

http://sacred-texts.com/hin/gpu/index.htm

Bhul chuk maaf

20 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Bro, Garuda Puran is a conversation between Sri Vishnu jee and Garuda jee (King of Birds). It describes the various punishments people receive in hell, for the sins they commit here.

There used to be a Pandit jee, during the times of Sri Satguru jee (Sixth Master), who used to do Katha of Garuda Puran in Sangat.

Please have a look below:

http://sacred-texts.com/hin/gpu/index.htm

Bhul chuk maaf

Its scary bro when you read it.  I am sure, Sikhs are exempt from this kind of rituals and punishment.