Amrit/Kesh and fire of Hells

paapiman

wjkk wjkf

Cyber sangat jee, please listen to the katha by Gyani Avtaar Singh jee Badnikalan. A person who consumes khanday da amrit or at least keeps kesh (uncut hair), will be saved from all types of hell, by Sri Satguru jee (Tenth master).

Please listen after 6.00 min

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Bhai_Avtar_Singh_(Badni_Kalan_wale)/Katha_Sri_Guru_Granth_Sahib_Ji/CD_10/02--Bhai.Avtar.Singh--Katha.Guru.Granth.Sahib.Ji.Vol.10--Ang.402%2C.Line.03.mp3

Bhul chuk maaf

Dhan Guru Nanak........tu hee Nirankaar

wjkk wjkf

So kps Gill/beant/phoola etc are going to heaven according to this.? 

Good question bro. Firstly, we are not sure if those individuals were Keshdharis (from head to toe). Maharaaj said he will save amritdharis/keshdharis from hell; nothing is mentioned about heaven.

Next, most likely, the above individuals must have received curses by Gursikhs. According to Gurbani, the curse of a Bhagat is above Satguru jee's bachan.

ਮੇਰੀ ਬਾਂਧੀ ਭਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਭਗਤੁ ਨ ਛੂਟੈ ਮੋਹਿ ॥

The devotee can release anyone from my bondage, but I cannot release anyone from his.

Finally, Satguru jee has various other means to punish an individual for their sins, other than hell fire.

The above is a promise made by Satguru jee, which signifies the importance of kesh (uncut hair from head to toe) as "Guru kee Mohar". 

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Bro, your point makes sense, but the command of the Lord has to be followed.

Bhul chuk maaf

Command should be followed , yes... but there are many pointers in gurbani of when one is saved from the jamdhoots coming to get him/her.

There are many stages after one gets naam and start doing serious naam kamayee... It is also been known that the Guru's sevak will witness jamdoots running away from him when he is in some physical vicinity of these dark souls !..

Very important point to note: Maharaaj has promised to save keshdharis/amritdharis from hell fire, not from all sorts of punishment. Satguru jee can punish a person, via other means, without sending him/her to hells. By consuming khanday da amrit, one cannot claim that he will be forgiven for all his/her sins.

Being an amritdhari, is an elementary step in the realm of spirituality.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Very important point to note: Maharaaj has promised to save keshdharis/amritdharis from hell fire, not from all sorts of punishment. Satguru jee can punish a person, via other means, without sending him/her to hells. By consuming khanday da amrit, one cannot claim that he will be forgiven for all his/her sins.

Being an amritdhari, is an elementary step in the realm of spirituality.

Bhul chuk maaf

Does it mean that the Gurus (not just referring to Sikh Gurus, but in general the concept of Guru) practice partiality towards Mine creed vs Other creed?

In other words, does it mean ALL religions (including Sikhism) DO have concepts: "Come to us and we'll save you; If you go with other then it's up to other Guru's potential and then we don't take care of you".........something like My-Crowd vs Other-Crowd?

Edited by das

Does it mean that the Gurus (not just referring to Sikh Gurus, but in general the concept of Guru) practice partiality towards Mine creed vs Other creed?

In other words, does it mean ALL religions (including Sikhism) DO have concepts: "Come to us and we'll save you; If you go with other then it's up to other Guru's potential and then we don't take care of you".........something like My-Crowd vs Other-Crowd?

Bro, we don't need to get into too many complications. The original post highlights the greatness of Satguru jee.

Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj is the greatest entity (in human form) that ever walked the planet earth. Being his Sikhs, will definitely give us more advantage than other people. Our Mantars are the most powerful ones.

Any person can become a Sikh, consume khanday da amrit and then reap the rewards. Sikhs are not stopping anyone from accepting Satguru jee, as their guru and savior.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Bro, we don't need to get into too many complications. The original post highlights the greatness of Satguru jee.

Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj is the greatest entity (in human form) that ever walked the planet earth. Being his Sikhs, will definitely give us more advantage than other people. Our Mantars are the most powerful ones.

Any person can become a Sikh, consume khanday da amrit and then reap the rewards. Sikhs are not stopping anyone from accepting Satguru jee, as their guru and savior.

Bhul chuk maaf

That is the issue. We (followers of any particular faith) claim that our faith is the best and most potent and the rest of faiths/groups are somewhat less. I guess everything should co-exist keeping in mind that everyone has different Spiritual needs as they are on different stages. In other words, one should NOT indulge in Mine-vs-Other faith or More-Potent-vs-Not-Potent..............or say there are many persons, Saints, Scriptures that are doing their jobs (to brings the departed Souls back) to Source and they are doing their duty as per the needs.

So, just be sure to follow your faith and respect other faith thinking that your faith's leader/Guru may come in un-recognizable another form (even in the group that you're against) depending upon the needs.

Edited by das

That is the issue. We (followers of any particular faith) claim that our faith is the best and most potent and the rest of faiths/groups are somewhat less. I guess everything should co-exist keeping in mind that everyone has different Spiritual needs as they are on different stages. In other words, one should NOT indulge in Mine-vs-Other faith or More-Potent-vs-Not-Potent..............or say there are many persons, Saints, Scriptures that are doing their jobs (to brings the departed Souls back) to Source and they are doing their duty as per the needs. So, just be sure to follow your faith and respect other faith thinking that your faith's leader/Guru may come in un-recognizable another form depending upon the needs.

Bro, we cannot change the facts. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Rai Dev Bedi jee Maharaaj is the greatest.

To co-exist, we need to respect other people's spiritual paths; not start equating them to Gurmat.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 5 months later...

Regarding kesh I keep all of mine as per Rehet Maryada and that means all of it. Thankfully I am not very hairy anyway but the surgery was first time I was kind of embarrassed about having leg hairs and underarm hairs etc. Because the norm is to remove it in western society. So I did worry a bit about what the docs / nurses thought about it. Nobody said anything obviously. But I KNOW they saw it all considering I had abdominal surgery... I am strictly keeping my kesh and have no problems with it and would never cut it..... but how do I get over a bit of embarrassment in situations like this where I literally have to bear it for all to see (not talking about head hairs but leg underarm etc) Do I explain why I don't remove them? Do the docs / nurses even care? Are they thinking anything in their heads about it?? Am I being embarrassed about nothing?? 

6 hours ago, Satkirin_Kaur said:

Regarding kesh I keep all of mine as per Rehet Maryada and that means all of it. Thankfully I am not very hairy anyway but the surgery was first time I was kind of embarrassed about having leg hairs and underarm hairs etc. Because the norm is to remove it in western society. So I did worry a bit about what the docs / nurses thought about it. Nobody said anything obviously. But I KNOW they saw it all considering I had abdominal surgery... I am strictly keeping my kesh and have no problems with it and would never cut it..... but how do I get over a bit of embarrassment in situations like this where I literally have to bear it for all to see (not talking about head hairs but leg underarm etc) Do I explain why I don't remove them? Do the docs / nurses even care? Are they thinking anything in their heads about it?? Am I being embarrassed about nothing?? 

Think of it as a mental test, and you passed with flying colors.  I am sure there will be no more surgeries in future, Gurus Grace. No one in OR cares tho.

• 3 months later...
On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 8:11 PM, CdnSikhGirl said:

Because the norm is to remove it in western society.

no offence to anyone at all. But I think removing hair (underarms , legs, arms, etc.) is sorta stupid. It's stupid how only women have to do it. Shaved hair to me is like seeing a feather-less bird or a hair-less rabbit ?, u get the point.

even our science teacher said "technically u are not meant to shave any of ur hair".