Being Born Female Is Karmic Punishment?

It is a fact that no female ever became a Satguru of Sikhs (topmost position), even though the first Sikh in history was a female, Bebe Nankee jee (Sister of first master). One can even question that.

Additionally, if someone has so much problem with 5 pyaray only being men, then how come they don't have a problem with all Satgurus as males? 

Topmost position in Sikhism was the Satguru, who were all males. Now that authority is with Panj Pyaray, who are suppose to be males. It makes sense.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

I gave a look..So I've found that he had nothing to do with AKJ.Bhai Randhir singh were strictly against him.So then why he(crystal veerji) is trying to say that he is bapu ji of  AkJ??? Isnt a big lie?? Or To say/claim whatever one wants to attack a particular Jatha??

What a disgrace!

Bhai Randhir Singh jee had one point common with Bhasauriye - Doubt on Sri Raagmala Sahib jee.

That is why, one cannot put Bhai saab jee in the same category as Baba Nand Singh jee/Baba Isher SIngh jee, Bhindranwale Babay, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

We can't even compare Baba nand singh ji with anyone.

But Bhai Sahib were a great soul.Why are we comparing him with mahapurkhs?

Gurbani says: 

Jinna Saas graas na visray har Naama har mant

Dhan sey saeyi Nanaka pooran soyii sant.

So how can we forget about their spiritual jiwan and kamai..

You know when we start to ignore one's 1000 good karams in front of just 1 bad karam(and when even it's done in anjaanpuna not with a sure intention),then it's only gonna effect US.

We dont know about how much love,bhagti and satkaar he had towards MAharaj..how he sacrificed his entire life for sake of god's Name.

Are we gyani enough to explore their relations with almighty?He could end his swaas thru 10th door.Guru Maharaj gave him Darshan and Naam himself.Just give a reading to Jail jithiyan.certainly it will give you goose bumps.

when it comes to Raagmala.His intention was still to love his guru.He thought it's not guru's baani.he was not doing so with intention to go against guru's.

All I want to say is that when one person like me of very lowwww awastha use words to oppose such Greatttt souls,then certainly he's gonna have a hard way ahead.

P.S 

I'm wondered how ppl who are not even 1% of saints are using words like how  could he do that ?? And judging him??

If Baba Nand Singh Ji were here at this time and Bhai sahib were here too,then you could hear the bachans of Baba Nand singh  Ji towards him..

Jey ohna to galti hoyi v hovegi ta V ajj oh maharaj de ghar breejmaan hon ge q k ohna de kamai di roshni agge ahh bhul kuj v nhi c.

So we should better focus on our own kamai.Pta nhi saada ki banu..Es gal baare jyada sochiye!!

Gur fateh!

Once I got a chance to talk to a very special soul.He just said me one thing:

" kyi vaar asii jaana kite hor hunda par apni chanchlata kr k puj kite hor jaane a"

These words are ringing in my head at the time.

So,Never NEVER let your limited buddhi to conquer your mind.

Dhan Guru Ram Dass Patsah baksh lo!!

I gave a look..So I've found that he had nothing to do with AKJ.Bhai Randhir singh were strictly against him.So then why he(crystal veerji) is trying to say that he is bapu ji of  AkJ??? Isnt a big lie?? Or To say/claim whatever one wants to attack a particular Jatha??

What a disgrace!

yes, you need to understabd who was bhai randhirs teacher was...teja Singh, pal. 

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_akj.html

Interesting article 

Crystal

Edited by Crystal

Paapiman:

Page 96, Line 9
ਏਕੋ ਪਵਣੁ ਮਾਟੀ ਸਭ ਏਕਾ ਸਭ ਏਕਾ ਜੋਤਿ ਸਬਾਈਆ ॥
Ėko pavaṇ mātī sabẖ ekā sabẖ ekā joṯ sabā▫ī▫ā.
There is only one breath; all are made of the same clay; the light within all is the same. 

ਸਭ ਇਕਾ ਜੋਤਿ ਵਰਤੈ ਭਿਨਿ ਭਿਨਿ ਨ ਰਲਈ ਕਿਸੈ ਦੀ ਰਲਾਈਆ ॥
Sabẖ ikā joṯ varṯai bẖin bẖin na ral▫ī kisai ḏī ralā▫ī▫ā.
The One Light pervades all the many and various beings. This Light intermingles with them, it is not diluted or obscured. 

ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਇਕੁ ਨਦਰੀ ਆਇਆ ਹਉ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਵਿਟਹੁ ਵਤਾਇਆ ਜੀਉ ॥੩॥
Gur parsādī ik naḏrī ā▫i▫ā ha▫o saṯgur vitahu vaṯā▫i▫ā jī▫o. ||3||
By Guru's Grace, I have come to see the One. I am a sacrifice to the True Guru. ||3|| 

The SAME clay!  Gurbani is saying we are ALL made of the exact SAME CLAY (same stuff).  

Gender is inconsequential except for practical means with procreation.  And the reason for sexual vs asexual reproduction is genetic diversity.  And even then, I have shown, the Y chromosome in humans is declining.  Female humans actually have creative potential, male sperm is basically only instructions and a  female egg cell can be altered to act as a sperm.  Women can produce life without men!  Men can not do the same.  And a baby whether boy or girl, are ALL made of the exact same 'stuff' which is taken directly from the Mother's own body.  Hey Paapiman and Crystal how does it feel knowing your 'perfect' male body was entirely created by a woman, out of her own body!???  If she possesses the 'stuff' to make your perfect male body, then her body is not any less capable to do seva in Panj Pyaras.  btw the reason women have less physical strength is twofold: 1) her body is designed so that over a lifetime, she expends the same metabolic demands roughly as a male - because so much is put in the above mentioned creative process, it takes away from her own physical strength 2) Women are less agressive, simply put we can better get along with others and don't need to compete, conquer, dominate... so we don't need it.  Most tasks in the modern world do not need brute strength at alll, and even historical hunter gatherer societies it wasn't a huge benefit either. 

Not only are everyone made with the SAME CLAY we ALL possess the SAME light within!  

Why do many of you harbour such hatred towards women? Instead of seeing women as your equal partners in life, you are looking at us with almost disgust (from your comments).  Stop hating for once...

Being born a woman is not a punishment, never was.  Its only seen as a punishment by some men because they consider themselves to be superior.  So its in their own heads!

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

I think some of you have completely scared her off anyway thinking Sikhi sees women as a punishment as I have not seen any recent posts from her... I was going to stay away but seeing the posts from some Singhs on here trying to actually justify how its better, more privilege to be born male, and that being born a woman IS a punishment, then I don't think she will ever have any interest in Sikhi. Way to go... you successfully drove away another female.

(not you Singh123456777 - several others however).

Sikhism sees being born as a woman as a punishment for past karma?

No it isn't punishment. It's an opportunity to achieve connection with Waheguru. Your soul has no gender and being a woman or a man for that matter has no bearing on this acheivement.

Some people say that is just a different role compared to men, but any role which has less privileges to another, must have been because of past karma then?

The keys words are different and less. The role of a woman may be different from a man, but why assume it's less? That is really absurd thinking to me. Men have their roles, and women have theirs, which is why we are here now.

Miss Seeker, why are you so concerned about this, as you are new to Gurmat? There is so much to learn about your soul and purpose of life, Gurbani etc before you approach gender roles in Sikhi. 

Additionally, if someone has so much problem with 5 pyaray only being men, then how come they don't have a problem with all Satgurus as males?

Some critics of Sikhi ask that. "If Sikhi is all about absolute equality between males and females, why wasn't a woman chosen to be Guru?"

Please don't get so hysterical. She was asking questions only. If she was never "in" how did we drive her away?

Good point, she was not Sikh, but who knows she might have been interested in Sikhi and it could have developed into something.  Instead, I think you securely ruined any chance of that by making Sikhi look like it treats women as inferior to men and that men have more rights and privileges in Sikhi.

Gurmat rules cannot be changed to accommodate people's opinions and viewpoints. 

For example, homosexuals can demand to get married in Gurudwaras (Sikh temples). This cannot be allowed, as it is contrary to Sikh principles.

Similarly, feminism has no place in Sikhism. Please watch the video, in the link below.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/16836-girl-destroys-feminism-in-3-minutes-feminism-gone-crazy/#comment-150577

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Miss Seeker, why are you so concerned about this, as you are new to Gurmat? There is so much to learn about your soul and purpose of life, Gurbani etc before you approach gender roles in Sikhi. 

Good point chatanga paaji.

Seeker jee - Why focus so much on gender roles? There are many more concepts for you to explore, in Sikhism.

Reality check - If you want to attain salvation at the fastest rate, Sikhism is the deal.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Gurmat rules cannot be changed to accommodate people's opinions and viewpoints.

For example, homosexuals can demand to get married in Gurudwaras (Sikh temples). This cannot be allowed, as it is contrary to Sikh principles.

Similarly, feminism has no place in Sikhism. Please watch the video, in the link below.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/16836-girl-destroys-feminism-in-3-minutes-feminism-gone-crazy/#comment-150577

Bhul chuk maaf

Newsflash Gurmat does not state that women must be treated as inferior to men... men say women must be treated as inferior to men.

Reality check - If you want to attain salvation at the fastest rate, Sikhism is the deal.

Bhul chuk maaf

Please let me ask you (paapiman), how high you've reached in the process of salvation? You're a Sikh.

On what basis, you're claiming that Sikhism is the fastest lane to salvation?

On what basis, you're claiming that Sikhism is the fastest lane to salvation?

Sikhism is the fastest lane as Satguru jee has given us the most powerful mantars, that have ever existed. Obviously, a person needs love and belief in heart, for them to work.

For example - Let's say, there are two people; one is a Sikh (SSGGSJ as guru) and other follows some other guru (for example - Babu Sawan Grewal). Both have the same amount of love and belief for God, their personal lives are pure and they spend the same amount of time on meditation. 

There is no doubt that the Sikh will attain salvation first. 

Bhul chuk maaf

Sikhism is the fastest lane as Satguru jee has given us the most powerful mantars, that have ever existed. Obviously, a person needs love and belief in heart, for them to work.

For example - Let's say, there are two people; one is a Sikh (SSGGSJ as guru) and other follows some other guru (for example - Babu Sawan Grewal). Both have the same amount of love and belief for God, their personal lives are pure and they spend the same amount of time on meditation. 

There is no doubt that the Sikh will attain salvation first. 

Bhul chuk maaf

You did not answer my question: How high you've risen in salvation?

One Saint has given the following flow-chart to achieve Salvation:
1. Do the company of Sant/Mahapurash/Saint.
2. If you cannot do that, then do Naam (Meditation); Dan/Charity of 10% of your income to needy; Isnan (Bath).
3. If you cannot do Naam, Dan, and Isnan, then do not overburden yourself with sins. In other words, avoid doing sins.
4. If you cannot refain from sins, then it is better to die because without doing steps 1, 2, 3 you are bound to fall to lower planes.

Thanks paaji for the flow chart. Good info.

Dhan Guru Nanak.......tu heen Nirankaar.

Bhul chuk maaf

Good point, she was not Sikh, but who knows she might have been interested in Sikhi and it could have developed into something.  Instead, I think you securely ruined any chance of that by making Sikhi look like it treats women as inferior to men and that men have more rights and privileges in Sikhi.

Me? I've tagged in on the end of this discussion, how I securely ruin anything?

If anyone claims something to be perfect on the face-value, then he/she is bound to prove it and giving one's our account is perfect way. So, in other words, it's not the personal details. See bro, I'm not pulling your leg or trying to prove you wrong, but I just want to show you the reality. Don't go for right-wing thinking or left-wing thinking. You're bound to get failures. Follow the middle-path as suggested in Guru Ji.

Sikhism as religion would NOT take you anywhere. Come out of your dream world. But the teachings of Sikhism (as written down in Guru Granth Sahib Ji) does have potential to lead you on the path of salvation quickly. But there are 2 conditions that must be fulfilled by anyone who want to ride fastest to salvation:
1. Understand the real meaning and core concepts of Gurbani. e.g Karma, Upsana, Gyan, importance of Guru etc.
2. And then Practice those teachings.

These days, people have forgot the conditions but just claim that Sikhism is the fastest or some say the only. Real Sikhism is not what you see these days. Sikhism is NOT about the Amrit Sanchar, or Panj Payare, or equality vs inequality, or this vs that. It's sad to see that day by day, common people are converting the Sikhism into some package/box and then marketing it. Wake up.

You might remember the conversation with Suleman with sangat during Sant Baba Isher Singh Ji's (Rara Sahib wale) time. Suleman was asked which religion is best: Listen to it and then understand the core he is talking about. He specifically mentioned that everything is same but in Sikhism it is easier to follow a Saint whereas in other religions (referring to Muslims) going to a Saint is NOT allowed.

Bottom-line is:
Sikhism was supposed to be fastest lane ONLY when: One understands the real meanings of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and does understand that there is a need for REAL Saints and practice the teachings.

One Saint has given the following flow-chart to achieve Salvation:
1. Do the company of Sant/Mahapurash/Saint.
2. If you cannot do that, then do Naam (Meditation); Dan/Charity of 10% of your income to needy; Isnan (Bath).
3. If you cannot do Naam, Dan, and Isnan, then do not overburden yourself with sins. In other words, avoid doing sins.
4. If you cannot refain from sins, then it is better to die because without doing steps 1, 2, 3 you are bound to fall to lower planes.

Are not the teachings of Guru Granth Sahib Ji teach exactly what is mentioned in the above 4 steps? Think about it.

Double like!^^