Can someone please provide more details about witches? There are references to witches in Gurbani.

ਹਮ ਕਉ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਪਰੈ ਤ੍ਰਖਿ ਡਾਇਣਿ ॥੩

She appears to me like a blood-thirsty witch. ||3||

ਤ੍ਰਖਿ ਡਾਇਣਿ  - Also refers to a witch, who comes flying on a bird.

Request - Daas is not interested in listening to opinions of scholars, associated with Missionaries. Please stay away, if you don't believe in this concept or start a new topic on it.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

The 'she' referred to is Maya. Since witches were always thought to be one who steals souls then its no wonder Maya is being compared to as a witch.  (It doesn't mean the idea of witches are real by the way, just the idea of a witch is being used to describe the qualities of Maya)

ਏਕ ਸੁਹਾਗਨਿ ਜਗਤ ਪਿਆਰੀ ॥
Ėk suhāgan jagaṯ pi▫ārī.
The world loves only the one bride, Maya. 
ਸਗਲੇ ਜੀਅ ਜੰਤ ਕੀ ਨਾਰੀ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
Sagle jī▫a janṯ kī nārī. ||1|| rahā▫o.
She is the wife of all beings and creatures. ||1||Pause||
ਸੋਹਾਗਨਿ ਗਲਿ ਸੋਹੈ ਹਾਰੁ ॥
Sohāgan gal sohai hār.
With her necklace around her neck, this bride looks beautiful. 
ਸੰਤ ਕਉ ਬਿਖੁ ਬਿਗਸੈ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥
Sanṯ ka▫o bikẖ bigsai sansār.
She is poison to the Saint, but the world is delighted with her. 
ਕਰਿ ਸੀਗਾਰੁ ਬਹੈ ਪਖਿਆਰੀ ॥
Kar sīgār bahai pakẖi▫ārī.
Adorning herself, she sits like a prostitute. 
ਸੰਤ ਕੀ ਠਿਠਕੀ ਫਿਰੈ ਬਿਚਾਰੀ ॥੨॥
Sanṯ kī ṯẖiṯẖkī firai bicẖārī. ||2||
Cursed by the Saints, she wanders around like a wretch. ||2|| 
ਸੰਤ ਭਾਗਿ ਓਹ ਪਾਛੈ ਪਰੈ ॥
Sanṯ bẖāg oh pācẖẖai parai.
She runs around, chasing after the Saints. 
ਗੁਰ ਪਰਸਾਦੀ ਮਾਰਹੁ ਡਰੈ ॥
 Gur parsādī mārahu darai.
She is afraid of being beaten by those blessed with the Guru's Grace. 
ਸਾਕਤ ਕੀ ਓਹ ਪਿੰਡ ਪਰਾਇਣਿ ॥
Sākaṯ kī oh pind parā▫iṇ.
She is the body, the breath of life, of the faithless cynics. 
ਹਮ ਕਉ ਦ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਪਰੈ ਤ੍ਰਖਿ ਡਾਇਣਿ ॥੩॥
Ham ka▫o ḏarisat parai ṯarakẖ dā▫iṇ. ||3||
She appears to me like a blood-thirsty witch. ||3|| 

In other words, Maya is all enticing even to Kabir Ji, and he can see that the allure of Maya can easily lead him astray as nobody is completely immune except by Gurus grace...

• 1 month later...

I don't believe I said witches do not exist... I said in the context of the shabad, it doesn't mean that witches are real as in the story it is telling... just that the idea of witches are used to paint the picture.  

There are plenty of witches even today... the whole religion of Wicca is a good example.  Golden Dawn, Freemasonry, etc.  all use Occult 'power' and methods to try and harness the power of the Universe for their own intentions (good or bad).  And they are not gender specific... there are male and female Wiccans.  And not all witches are bad or negative.  Many believe in complete harmony with nature and only for good. 

Have you had a chance to really study "Golden Dawn System", I fail to understand how witches are related to this system. Witches by defination are negative. I don't have any idea about Wicca.

In Golden Dawn system, you tend to use the Natural/Elemental Spirits e.g Powers responsible for Plants, Air, and so on.......so, my point is: Don't generalize.

Edited by das

daas bro,

how did you come in contact with negative entities ? during meditation or certain places ?

pls share

Couple of years back, we switched our apartment and the new apartment had strange feeling. Sometimes we could find blood strains out of nowwhere. In that apartment I had 2 cases as follows:

* Once a negative entity overtook my Mom and she (the negative entity) challenged us that it will cause death to my Mom or my daughter. It will not go without either one's soul.I very bluntly told that entity (it was speaking via my mother's body) it could not do any harm to either my Mom and/or daughter, no matter what it tried; because our Guru/Saint/Sant will protect us. After hearing this that entity got angery and was about to do something........but then immediately positive entity came and they threatened the negative one and eventually it went away.

* Then in the same apartment, I was alone at night and I used to play "Waheguru Simran" on my laptop because I was scared. Then one day during the night, a black thing with a hood sat on my chest and I tried to speak "Waheguru" but I could not say so. At the same time I saw another entity with black dress standing near my head. I was helpless. But then I was able to utter Waheguru and then it went away. Next day, I was told that the positive side was also there but they wanted to verify how I will face them.

* Then couple of months back, my children were playing in the backyad. Then suddendly my younger daughter was thrown from her seat almost 180 degree and she got her ankle hurt. Then we came to know that a person who visited our house that day is known to utilize the black magic.

* Then many times I could feel that someone is present in the house, I would think in my head, ok if there is anyone then prove it, please forward and then boom, suddendly I could see for split second that someone has gone from one room to another.

Moreover, the negative vs positive entities don't always create drama. There are 1000s of good, bad, and normal entites around us all the time which our eye could not see. Bottom line is: Don't bother about the negative just ignore them and continue doing your path. Sometimes they are just there, or want to harm you or they know that if they try to harm this person, then the positive side (who has duty to protect) will engage and then there is a chance that negative entity might get some benefit i.e come out of that jooni.

In my Mom and Dad's life there are lot and lot of causes involving both Negative and Positive entities and even cases when negative entities tried to kill my mom and even Sants (not physically) had to come to our rescue as the smaller positive entities did not have enough power against the negative one. It is not possible to list all of them.

At last, don't worry about anything. Just continue your meditation and everything will be good. There are lot of things that do exist and they are just there and we can't see them.

das

Yes, there are spirits around us. I have the experience when I was kid. There was a young woman who got suicide in the house by hanging to fan and her family just left the house, no funeral ceremonies, nothing done. Like the horror movie plot, my known friend family moved in there. That young woman spirit start overpowering my friend's mom and her health takes toll. So, in short, my friend family called a person who is known to control spirits via mantra siddhi, something like that. Unluckily, I was in their home when this person came. I sat along with friend's family in the living room and all rooms were bolted. He was standing there doing some mantar with water in hand. And boom, the door near which he was standing hard knocked from inside. I was scared in my jammies, where the F@#k I m stuck. Anyways, the person(mantra man) go inside the room and start asking the spirit why she was harassing the family. And then, he said to the spirit come with me to my place and I will help you.

Here comes the big moment, all I heard was one word said by spirit "where". It was unmistakably said by a young woman with accent from rural background. I was awake 2 nights after that.

And the persons who came along with this mantra man, were sitting outside the home in their car, said that a naked woman came out covered with blood all over her body. 

So thats my experience with them.

Edited by ibrute

Yes I have actually had some 'inside' experience with Golden Dawn (HOGD) which is Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (and AMORC Ancient Mystical Order Rosae Crucis which are Rosicrucian) ... Paid my dues and everything.  They actually refer to themselves as witches.  I know he term witch has been used to mean something negative like the green faced wart nosed character kids play on Halloween but any practitioner of magiick or occult is referred to as a witch or sorcerer.  I think the term denotes anyone who has power which might be supernatural (but maybe natural in the sense they know how to manipulate nature) by using occult methods. 

Alister Crowley probably the most well known Golden Dawn member and he considered himself a witch. 

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

wow you guys have been through a lot. The closest I ever came to such an experience was couple of years ago, when i would feel someone pining me down, me uttering Waheguru & feeling gone after.

And yes many stories regarding black magic in my village in Punjab as a kid, however I cannot verify their authenticity. For example, once I saw a girl who was doing snake dance outside the village gurudwara. her hair was open & she was just writhing on the floor. People said she was possessed somehow and was acting crazy. Then they asked everyone to go home and take ishnaan. There were many stories about snaked gods & goddesses who could wilfully take any form.

• 3 years later...
On 9/27/2015 at 2:53 PM, Ragmaala said:

wow you guys have been through a lot. The closest I ever came to such an experience was couple of years ago, when i would feel someone pining me down, me uttering Waheguru & feeling gone after.

And yes many stories regarding black magic in my village in Punjab as a kid, however I cannot verify their authenticity. For example, once I saw a girl who was doing snake dance outside the village gurudwara. her hair was open & she was just writhing on the floor. People said she was possessed somehow and was acting crazy. Then they asked everyone to go home and take ishnaan. There were many stories about snaked gods & goddesses who could wilfully take any form.

Wow veer ji could share some more stories on black magic and ghosts as it seems like a really interesting topic.