Mehma Parkash on the role of the Poets

chatanga1

Guest dalvinder

no cus ur original post does not include many lines (lines missing lines missing). since u found the book on pdl kindly translate the whole of it and not just bits. because the left out bits aparently claim gurmukhi scribes were also called for, so maybe the scholars recited and the likharis wrote and then guru ji added it to his own rachna?

Guest dalvinder singh

in my last post perhaps its not clear but actually i meant that i dont understand why guru ji wud call scholars of sanskrit, then scribes of gurmukhi and at the end 'write himself'?

didnt guru ji possess the knowledge of vedas etc? if they indeed did this, it does make sense they made it a kind of group activity where sikhs wrote while pandits narrated tales?

and how do you explain that mahima parkash talks of a person named Syam who was a poet and the same name appearing in Dasam Granth sahib as author? please adress these questions and refer me to sources which say guru ji was shyam or used it

Guest dalvinder

actually let me check the green book. specially the missing lines

i just found it. it is very confusing, the text seems contradictory or our understanding of it is

the missing line says smth like: "gurmukhi scribes were called...translate text (bakhawrite it in gurmukhi'. the latter line seems like an order from guru ji? 

also why wud the text say (your translation) 'The True Guru was pleased on listening 8.' that means the gursikhs wrote it in kavi darbar and later guru ji heard and liked it?

can you translate missing lines and revise it once again and post it

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...